4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

Logging into NA prime time and having to retake T3 upgraded doors guarded by tons of ACs sounds like fun..!

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Well that is quite disappointing. I was ok with many of the ‘nerfs’ to my class in regards to decreasing power level in some cases, but I wasn’t ok with ruining the flow of the game play for me. That and some bugs/poor design that are applying things when they shouldn’t and are most likely causing their changes to have the opposite of intended effects.

So basically these changes are forcing people to babysit objectives, micro manage siege, and basically do un-fun time wasting things instead of fighting players. Sounds like a pretty bad patch and will negatively impact our matchup.

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Well that is quite disappointing. I was ok with many of the ‘nerfs’ to my class in regards to decreasing power level in some cases, but I wasn’t ok with ruining the flow of the game play for me. That and some bugs/poor design that are applying things when they shouldn’t and are most likely causing their changes to have the opposite of intended effects.

So basically these changes are forcing people to babysit objectives, micro manage siege, and basically do un-fun time wasting things instead of fighting players. Sounds like a pretty bad patch and will negatively impact our matchup.

It’s not often I agree with you, but I do on this one. I don’t mind the arrowcart changes (others disagree), even the confusion nerf simply has me trying other things on my mesmer. All tolerable. Forced camping or lose it, however… it’s un-fun. 30 minutes siege debuff, also un-fun and an unnecessary gold sink. If they’d undo the 30 second “X” thing and set the siege despawn timers to at least an hour it would be such a huge quality of life improvement for defensively oriented people in WvW. Or at the least they could let us know we don’t figure into their long range goals so I can focus on a different part of the game. Meh… too much drama in that last sentence, sorry. It is discouraging however. I did WvW for fun, and what I like doing is no longer really viable or fun.

#TeamJadeQuarry

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Everyone complains about zerg balls and ANET is making zergs split up, it seems. So…nay still? I truly am glad I don’t work for anet. They simply can’t win, no matter how carefully they think things through.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

VOLKON.1290

Everyone complains about zerg balls and ANET is making zergs split up, it seems. So…nay still? I truly am glad I don’t work for anet. They simply can’t win, no matter how carefully they think things through.

Nah, it’s been keeping the zerg together more than ever. You can zerg through a tower and flip it before anyone can show up to defend it. Unless, of course, you’ve managed to convince some poor sods to sit there all day babysitting the tower instead of going out and earning wxp and the like.

#TeamJadeQuarry

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

Nah, it’s been keeping the zerg together more than ever. You can zerg through a tower and flip it before anyone can show up to defend it. Unless, of course, you’ve managed to convince some poor sods to sit there all day babysitting the tower instead of going out and earning wxp and the like.

Some people actually enjoy scouting it may sound shocking to you but if you ask people will scout and they won’t complain some enjoy it as they can multi task etc. Just because you don’t want to scout doesn’t mean its not a viable change so please stop complaining about it this especially after you made a thread about this specific change.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sleepyy.1598

Sleepyy.1598

Nothing will ever stop zerging due to the map design and size.

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: btowl.7869

btowl.7869

I don’t mind the changes. Yes, it is a distraction from open-field fighting, but why shouldn’t you be expected to stay on your toes with what you hold? And siege only de-spawns if you don’t touch it-another inconvenience, perhaps, or an attempt on their part to alleviate siege-capping and the saboteurs we were all complaining about just recently. As far as arrow carts, weren’t we also complaining that it was too easy to flip towers and keeps? Throw down a few carts, man them, and this problem seems to have been addressed. Do they put out too much damage? Maybe, but now, with a ceiling in mind, they can adjust as necessary.

Engineer
What do you mean there are other races than Asura?

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

I think Anet intent here was to encourage fighting over more points at once.

Pretty much got what we asked for. Funny how that goes sometimes

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

VOLKON.1290

Some people actually enjoy scouting it may sound shocking to you but if you ask people will scout and they won’t complain some enjoy it as they can multi task etc. Just because you don’t want to scout doesn’t mean its not a viable change so please stop complaining about it this especially after you made a thread about this specific change.

I enjoyed scouting. For example on home borderlands I’d be all over the place, and if swords popped up I’d rush over and call in reinforcements if necessary. You can’t do that anymore. Instead of scouting you need to park somewhere and wait. You become a sentry instead of a scout. Scouting (for me) was being mobile and responsive. Sentry duty now is static. If your tower doesn’t get attacked, hey, fun night keeping those ACs up, right? Shoot a rabbit maybe…

#TeamJadeQuarry

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Nuked.2360

I enjoyed scouting. For example on home borderlands I’d be all over the place, and if swords popped up I’d rush over and call in reinforcements if necessary. You can’t do that anymore. Instead of scouting you need to park somewhere and wait. You become a sentry instead of a scout. Scouting (for me) was being mobile and responsive. Sentry duty now is static. If your tower doesn’t get attacked, hey, fun night keeping those ACs up, right? Shoot a rabbit maybe…

Must not scout right cause if your sitting in a tower scouting you are delaying any possible chance of reacting lol. If you get golem rushed you can’t respond soon as they hit your gate or they will be either in lord (of tower) or on inner of a keep by the time you can possible react.

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: bucthree.7301

bucthree.7301

Shooting those rabbits might help with that ambient creature daily!!
I have yet to play with the changes, I didn’t log in yesterday, but I will be on tonight.
I think Anet is making changes to try and alleviate the zergballs. With this new change to the swords going up after 30 seconds, it may be more beneficial now to try and split your forces to roam on opposite sides of the map and actually take the time to protect what you cap.

Chacha [Aco] WvW Lead
Jade Quarry
Check out our Recruitment Video

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

VOLKON.1290

Must not scout right cause if your sitting in a tower scouting you are delaying any possible chance of reacting lol. If you get golem rushed you can’t respond soon as they hit your gate or they will be either in lord (of tower) or on inner of a keep by the time you can possible react.

You apparently need to get caught up on current events. Before they added the 30 second delay to "x"s coming up it was safer to scout in a mobile fashion, and if the “X” appeared somewhere I could react to that quickly and still (likely) be in time to marshall a response as needed. Now, with the “X” not showing for 30 seconds, if they show at a tower someone isn’t sitting in odds are it’s already too late. That’s the point. You need someone on any entrance to a structure now in order to defend it properly where before you had the liberty of being mobile and responsive.

#TeamJadeQuarry

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Nuked.2360

You apparently need to get caught up on current events. Before they added the 30 second delay to "x"s coming up it was safer to scout in a mobile fashion, and if the “X” appeared somewhere I could react to that quickly and still (likely) be in time to marshall a response as needed. Now, with the “X” not showing for 30 seconds, if they show at a tower someone isn’t sitting in odds are it’s already too late. That’s the point. You need someone on any entrance to a structure now in order to defend it properly where before you had the liberty of being mobile and responsive.

5 Golems with a 30second reaction time the gate is either almost down or is gone by the time you relay. Thus mobile scouting can’t be the only means of protecting a tower or keep.

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

Scouting can also mean seeing an enemy force en route to an attack.
Adaptation is a byproduct of meta changes like this one.
People complained about the gameplay as it was.
Now people are complaining about that same gameplay style being obsolete.
Let’s give it a week, eh?

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

VOLKON.1290

5 Golems with a 30second reaction time the gate is either almost down or is gone by the time you relay. Thus mobile scouting can’t be the only means of protecting a tower or keep.

Now, no, you’re right… it’s not. However “back in the day” (2 days ago) it was much more effective. The “5 golem rush” was the exception, not the norm, so if an “X” appeared on Crag more often than not I could get there, see what’s happening (if anything) and let people know. If Crag is fortified and they have a few rams on the gate we’ll have time to react. Now there’s a good chance that the gate is mostly down, drastically reducing or eliminating response time. In order to muster a good defense now we need to keep people planted in structures/camps we want to defend. Responding to the “X” now is much more likely too late than it was.

#TeamJadeQuarry

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Nuked.2360

Now, no, you’re right… it’s not. However “back in the day” (2 days ago) it was much more effective. The “5 golem rush” was the exception, not the norm, so if an “X” appeared on Crag more often than not I could get there, see what’s happening (if anything) and let people know. If Crag is fortified and they have a few rams on the gate we’ll have time to react. Now there’s a good chance that the gate is mostly down, drastically reducing or eliminating response time. In order to muster a good defense now we need to keep people planted in structures/camps we want to defend. Responding to the “X” now is much more likely too late than it was.

5 sup rams you have the gate below 50% by the time scout gets there and you can easily stop the scout from getting in. It really doesn’t matter what you hit the tower with 30 seconds of anything someone really wants the keep/tower response will be too late honestly.

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

Anyone have a score update for those at work

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

All I can tell you is that it was just announced JQs SM was getting gollem rushed and bam, I disconnect from the server. Might as well call it night But did we hold SM or not!

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: bucthree.7301

bucthree.7301

Scouting can also mean seeing an enemy force en route to an attack.
Adaptation is a byproduct of meta changes like this one.
People complained about the gameplay as it was.
Now people are complaining about that same gameplay style being obsolete.
Let’s give it a week, eh?

Yeah I agree.
Also, it’s “affecting” every server, not just one person.
We should be happy that changes are even being made.
Anyone remember gaming in like…97?
Pretty sure everyone used the rocket launcher jump in Quake 2 because it was OP and unbalanced lol

Chacha [Aco] WvW Lead
Jade Quarry
Check out our Recruitment Video

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Nuked.2360

All I can tell you is that it was just announced JQs SM was getting gollem rushed and bam, I disconnect from the server. Might as well call it night But did we hold SM or not!

Lost it.

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

As requested, no silly Asuras here.

Attachments:

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Sardonia.8196

Quiet thread today Anyone have a score update for those having to painfully make a living outside of the gaming world

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Blade.9317

Blade.9317

Score update brought to you by Feisty:

Attachments:

[ICoa] Feisty Brat, Mesmer
Blackgate

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

After reading through this, I need a drink.

Good thing Blackgate drinks tiger blood!

“I’m different. I have a different constitution, I have a different brain, I have a different heart. I got tiger blood, man.”

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

Score update brought to you by Asian prime time.

Attachments:

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

So far I am liking the arrow cart changes. It seems like structures are harder to take, and now some investment in time and strategy has to be employed. No more “set three rams down and rush the Lord before the enemy can respond go go go”. As an effect, we have noticed that the zergs roaming, flipping camps, and chasing my 5 man around a lot less. Unfortunately though with the zergs not being as “roamy”, there are less stragglers to gank. So far the positives outweigh the negatives for a non-zerg group for once!

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

So basically with my 12-15 man group last night we were able to (while outmanned) use a simple guild siege golem to bust into SMC courtyard before the white swords came up, and then throw down a superior ram on inner with the golem to get to lords before JQ was able to respond.

Then we were able to portal the golem to Durios and take that before BG could respond, then attempt to port to bravost to take that.. Then we were able to portal to BG watergate and take down their keeps watergate and move to inner gate where the BG Zerg wiped us.

Now tell me. If a group of 12-15 is able to do this relatively easily, how are these new updates fair? I don’t want to be on the receiving end of losing a few towers because either they were taken too quickly, or because the scout in that tower fell asleep because its too kitten boring sitting in towers all day..

The only positive I see out of this is that it makes small team play viable and allows them the opportunity to take towers before zergs respond. This is great and all but nobody is going to quit their silly Zerg play anytime soon.

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

I guess JQ needs to remember how to use scouts?

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ashbringer.8172

Ashbringer.8172

Score update brought to you by Asian prime time.

it was not asian prime,1am GMT+8 time zone!

Loktar Ogar Kosh-guild leader of [ATM]Running Loot Bags-WVW focused
Jade Quarry since beta 3

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kript.3291

Kript.3291

is it just me or it seems JQ’s asian/oceanic prime time performance is getting worse?

where’s your FOO?

i am frudoo,a forum warrior, an expert wvw analyst, and a closet fanboy of Jade Quarry server.

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Sardonia.8196

is it just me or it seems JQ’s asian/oceanic prime time performance is getting worse?

where’s your FOO?

You did not say anything yesterday when JQ was ticking over 400.

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Kript.3291

where’s your FOO?

FOO’s performance( or JQ’s asian prime time performance, basically the same thing ) was very consistent before, but now it’s hit and miss…

130ppt right now at the end of asian prime time? is this the same JQ we used to know?

i am frudoo,a forum warrior, an expert wvw analyst, and a closet fanboy of Jade Quarry server.

(edited by Kript.3291)

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

BG is looking pretty nasty with its recent transfers. I hope SoR can get a few more in the time slots we need them most. Nothing would please me more than for each of our weekly matches to end within 10k of each other.

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

where’s your FOO?

FOO’s performance( or JQ’s asian prime time performance, basically the same thing ) was very consistent before, but now it’s hit and miss…

130ppt right now at the end of asian prime time? is this the same JQ we used to know?

For most of the world may first is a holiday. Kinda like our memorial day.

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Sardonia.8196

where’s your FOO?

Very true, did not even think of that

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

where’s your FOO?

International Workers’ Day.

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Sardonia.8196

Also people may want to experience the new dungeon content and such. Could be various reasons but I would not be caught napping

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Kript.3291

or maybe FOO needs waha
or maybe JQ hasn’t learn the new tactic to deal with the recent changes to wvw yet
or maybe JQ no longer has the coverage advantage now with BG gaining more SEA guilds
or maybe JQ is getting old and slow and can’t adapt to the new tactics brought by WM and other new BG guilds ( or commanders)

lmao right now even SoR has higher ppt…

(edited by Kript.3291)

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

5 sup rams you have the gate below 50% by the time scout gets there and you can easily stop the scout from getting in. It really doesn’t matter what you hit the tower with 30 seconds of anything someone really wants the keep/tower response will be too late honestly.

This^, absolutely. I like the changes to be honest, requires more map coordination and communication. More people over more objectives if you want or care about having a decent response time.

For servers that do not care to have a fast reaction time via scouts, towers will become like camps for them.. they will lose them more often and retake them when they can.

They countered this by making waypoints go contested only after 30 seconds and buffing some cheap defensive siege options, arrow carts.

Also they fixed the lifesteal gimmick on supervisors, so havoc squads can be productive again without the zerg undoing their contributions a minute before tick.

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

VOLKON.1290

or maybe FOO needs waha
or maybe JQ hasn’t learn the new tactic to deal with the recent changes to wvw yet
or maybe JQ no longer has the coverage advantage now with BG gaining more SEA guilds
or maybe JQ is getting old and slow and can’t adapt to the new tactics brought by WM and other new BG guilds ( or commanders)

Or maybe we’ve learned not to bust our rumps with a 15K lead and take it a little easy so we don’t get burned out on a weekly basis. Could be anything, right?

#TeamJadeQuarry

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Nuked.2360

or maybe FOO needs waha

LA misses you all I’ll say to that.
WM is a worthy adversary and we have always been a very PvX Server. Case and point first week of Wintersday we lost by like 80k to both SBI/SoS and then two weeks later we beat both of them by like 92k or something. We’ve grown to live with it. Also keep in mind last time BG made a push like this we countered that night so just watch out

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Come on BG, we’re all rooting for a massive come from behind win this week. It’s only Wednesday and 15k don’t mean crap!

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

take it a little easy so we don’t get burned out on a weekly basis.

Pfft… lol
JQ wins, funniest post of the week.

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

take it a little easy so we don’t get burned out on a weekly basis. Could be anything, right?

Look here if burn out is a problem

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Welcome-to-Devona-s-Rest/first#post1940600

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

VOLKON.1290

take it a little easy so we don’t get burned out on a weekly basis. Could be anything, right?

Look here if burn out is a problem

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Welcome-to-Devona-s-Rest/first#post1940600

That was amazingly well done! Definitely brought out a smile!

#TeamJadeQuarry

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kaathe.8601

Kaathe.8601

After reading through this, I need a drink.

Good thing Blackgate drinks tiger blood!

“I’m different. I have a different constitution, I have a different brain, I have a different heart. I got tiger blood, man.”

BG…. Winning!

Attachments:

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Sardonia.8196

Score update from anyone please for those at work

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Synyster.5894

Synyster.5894

There you go buddy.

Attachments:

4/26 JQ/SoR/BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

BG has been super strong during Euro times lately. Did they get some Euro guilds as well? I am curious.