Posted by: KinkyWarrior.1879

KinkyWarrior.1879

Sorry Amelia first!

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

Gandalf Vs Aurora Vs Millers

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dark Lord Killer.9473

Dark Lord Killer.9473

Gandara <3 Like the looks of this matchup!

Argwulf, Human Guardian
Member of [ASA]
My heart is in the Glade, my feet are in Gandara.

in Match-ups

Posted by: climbatize.8729

climbatize.8729

but i like your title more :p

TDA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyialo.6532

Tyialo.6532

Woot, great Matchup! Hope we get a nice week

Tyialo – Mesmer/Warrior
Guildlead of Menelya[Mya] – Piken Square
www.menelya.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

What is this german curse that AG fell into? :O

~ Gandara

in Match-ups

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

It seems we are now the server with a numbers advantage.
Therefore, I will apologize for the all the blobbing and zerging in advance.
Very often we have only one large group on a whole borderland, and they do not hesitate to use 40-50 men on taking a camp where there is only supply for 10 people.

But let’s hope that we do not have too big of an advantage, and that we can have a lot of awesome smaller fights.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dark Lord Killer.9473

Dark Lord Killer.9473

It seems we are now the server with a numbers advantage.
Therefore, I will apologize for the all the blobbing and zerging in advance.
Very often we have only one large group on a whole borderland, and they do not hesitate to use 40-50 men on taking a camp where there is only supply for 10 people.

But let’s hope that we do not have too big of an advantage, and that we can have a lot of awesome smaller fights.

I doubt we have the numerical advantage this week, during reset, maybe, but the rest of the week nobody knows. Think both in terms of numbers and points it should be very close.

As to the playstyle of AG, I disagree that we play like that, on EB maybe, but not on AG border or any of the hostile borders. (reset is different ofcourse)

Let’s keep the flaming away from this thread as much as we can^^ Have a good week everyone and hope it’s lots and lots of fun!

Argwulf, Human Guardian
Member of [ASA]
My heart is in the Glade, my feet are in Gandara.

(edited by Dark Lord Killer.9473)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

I want to say that this is not the Official Matchup thread because is not my thread, KinkyWarrior you started a WAR!!!! BE READY /joke
Good start, lot’s of fun on Ag border, bit of lag but nothing serious

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: adoslaw.7091

adoslaw.7091

I love garrison fights

and i love you gandara <3

Aurora Glade Invader [UNTY]

(edited by adoslaw.7091)

in Match-ups

Posted by: jaimy.4108

jaimy.4108

Whoohooo skill lag battles on AG border due to what I believe to be tons fighting out on GG xD

VoTF

in Match-ups

Posted by: climbatize.8729

climbatize.8729

Seems like your way of having fun is not fun for us , anyone likes lagg and how can it be fun?

TDA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

The Aurora-Gandara bromance can continue! <3 Nice match-up, although it was marred by the huge lag. Hopefully its only on reset day and it won’t continue throughout the week. Good luck to all!

in Match-ups

Posted by: egalon.1702

egalon.1702

Did you learn that from AM?
Hoping its getting better tomorrow^^
Ega

Attachments:

Egalon
[void] No Content
Gunnars Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: adoslaw.7091

adoslaw.7091

yeah we were blobbing on ag border also, i didn’t like it and sorry but big respect for gandara, you guys never run.

Aurora Glade Invader [UNTY]

in Match-ups

Posted by: multivira.7925

multivira.7925

Ega

What’s with all the black censor lines, was somebody flashing your photo?

Most of our guild called it a night early it seems, way too laggy and blobby, then again it’s reset which is always the worst day of the week.

Twirling – Pie Eating Guardian – MM – Gunnar’s Hold

in Match-ups

KinkyWarrior.1879

Had a funish night tonight. Only had 15 at peak but still had some nice fights.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caid.4932

Caid.4932

Was fine on AM bl. Biggest group was 40 at a guess? Some instances of a few groups merging together creating silly numbers but was fine mostly.
Sorry to hear AG wasn’t much fun.
Lots of nice fights all of which went well except those against TUP. There was a certain amount of resigned acceptance of the incoming wipe on later fights ‘oh look TUP splat … yep, respawn’. xD
Noticed you’ve grown fond of retal, dropped a symbol on you in one fight and wandered off to one side while eating 10k retal damage
Wish they’d hurry up with the bl fix, though its still pretty stupid on eb imo.

[Dius]

(edited by Caid.4932)

in Match-ups

Posted by: jim.4210

jim.4210

AG’s camp capping team on GBL.

Attachments:

Gandara

in Match-ups

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

Was fine on AM bl. Biggest group was 40 at a guess? Some instances of a few groups merging together creating silly numbers but was fine mostly.
Lots of nice fights all of which went well except those against TUP. There was a certain amount of resigned acceptance of the incoming wipe on later fights ‘oh look TUP splat … yep, respawn’. xD
Noticed you’ve grown fond of retal, dropped a symbol on you in one fight and wandered off to one side while eating 10k retal damage
Wish they’d hurry up with the bl fix though its still pretty stupid on eb imo.

TUP has drinking warband tonight. Attendance is higher than usual.

~ Gandara

in Match-ups

Caid.4932

Wish they’d hurry up with the bl fix though its still pretty stupid on eb imo.

TUP has drinking warband tonight. Attendance is higher than usual.

Yeah they’re a good group, always have hit really kitten hard (we had a fair few pugs in a lot of cases that evened the numbers up, so it wasn’t entirely the issue). But attacking them with any serious ability costs so much health from the retal they keep up, makes them a really, really tough fight atm.

Its a good tactic, a lot of guilds are using it these days.
I’m not a fan of the mechanic and never have been in any game its been present in though. Think its a extremely overtuned in bl maps in particular so im looking forward to the fix.

[Dius]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rookni.2469

Rookni.2469

Retal is one of the cheapest mechanics ever seen in a MMO

Commander Yolo Oh Trollo. The power is in the moustache
http://www.youtube.com/user/itsjustfiction

in Match-ups

Caid.4932

Retal is one of the cheapest mechanics ever seen in a MMO

Its in every mmo in one form or another in fairness. Always ends up the same way, it gets nerfed into irrelevance (wow paladins) or remains really stupid.

Remember in AoC there was a stage during my brief time playing the game that thieves couldn’t kill me on conqueror because i could just reflect damage them to death lol. Think there was a couple of other classes that i could take down to 10% before they killed me without technically hitting them.

[Dius]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Had much more fun tonight, if the usual reset lag lets up during the week then this will be a good one. It’s best when our guild groups don’t need to converge, had about 4-5 tonight in AG border relieved that we weren’t facing AM or RS.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

(edited by Bertrand.3057)

in Match-ups

Posted by: MrZigwah.2165

MrZigwah.2165

Mass retal is more of a coincidence than something we actively try to keep up, as a guardian myself i hope it gets sorted on bl maps soon.

War Dad TUP

in Match-ups

Posted by: genowefapigwa.5769

genowefapigwa.5769

It’s probably a bug. Ag should fights agaisnt 2 servers from Germany. The bug has been reported!

Goraca Mariola
INC&Garaz Runkaraki
Ele from Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Medozorz.5920

Medozorz.5920

NO! We like the bug!!

TUP

in Match-ups

Posted by: quenoz.3859

quenoz.3859

It’s probably a bug. Ag should fights agaisnt 2 servers from Germany. The bug has been reported!

please no, let the german servers fight with themselves :p

The Unlikely Plan [TUP] Raid Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snowstorm.3897

Snowstorm.3897

TUP abusers, report! Looks like a pretty nice tier, hope to see all 3 servers in the future o/ Greetings from Second & Baruch.

Sylas
Second Law [Scnd] – Guild leader
Currently: Axiom – Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dranul.2094

Dranul.2094

Ain’t changed anything since last time

Althou hitting a pulsing attack on any organised group is crazy. Expect Retal.

My head hurts and im seeing triple, fun drinking night tbh.

Dranul – Guild Leader – The Unlikely Plan [TUP]
Aurora Glade EU
http://theunlikelyplangw2.guildlaunch.com

in Match-ups

KinkyWarrior.1879

Aye but sometimes it’s un avoidable :P Hopefully Dius will have freak attendance this week and we can match your numbers!

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in Match-ups

Caid.4932

You have more people, thats new. Maybe its all the charrs / norns but it seems like all the new recruits are warrs or guardians too. Not claiming its intentional or your taking advantage of a bug or anything just an observation really.
Does seem to be a lot of groups basically running 30 melee with a mesmer and a staff ele though. I dont know you look at combat log sometimes and see 80% of your health was lost to retal and 20% to auto attack. Does seem to be a distinct meta surrounding retal atm whether people are aware they’re doing it or not.

We’ve changed a bit too really. There was a time when our backline was basically a mesmer, a necro and if we were lucky a staff ele. Last night 5 of our 15 were melee.

I think in a lot of cases retal is a bit more horrible for ranged personally. I basically refuse to play ranger or engi in guild events.
Anyway … yeah … we kind of need to be a bit more careful about our melee pushes these days really, less people to share the damage around, taking half our health off on retal makes life that much harder.

Yeah pulsing attacks suck for retal but so does whirling wrath and auto attack isn’t that nice either. Anyway i kitten about blobs and their 1 spam so i have to use buttons now even if its dumb xD. At least i get heals from the boons symbols put out (and retal)
Suppose i should just switch to hammer but i just like gs ssssssssoooooooo dam much.

[Dius]

(edited by Caid.4932)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

Enjoying this match better than last week already.

We had a couple zerg vs. zerg fights with AG on EBG tonight and you definitely hold your own, unlike AM whose blob falls like a house of cards from a Gandaran sneeze

Looking forward to some fun. See y’all on the battlefield.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

in Match-ups

Posted by: ankdarkwolf.1487

ankdarkwolf.1487

Nice nice reset, big clashes, even if maybe tomorrow everything will be lost in the alcoholic mist of my mind i started with that epic epic fight in MS garri, still having goosebumps after a past week a bit numb.

I absolutely agree with retaliation issue, playing with engi i really have to excessively restrain myself. I really hope they’ll find a right balance between utility for the users and way of dealing with it for the takers.

See you around the battlefields <3

Maeeve – The Unlikely Plan (TUP) – Cute! <3

in Match-ups

Caid.4932

Nice nice reset, big clashes, even if maybe tomorrow everything will be lost in the alcoholic mist of my mind i started with that epic epic fight in MS garri, still having goosebumps after a past week a bit numb.

I absolutely agree with retaliation issue, playing with engi i really have to excessively restrain myself. I really hope they’ll find a right balance between utility for the users and way of dealing with it for the takers.

Personally i just hope they basically remove it (despite playing a guardian). I dont think any game has ever managed to use the mechanic in a way that didn’t seem … kind of cheap or open to abuse. Exteme example but this springs to mind http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX2JEKVn-U4

[Dius]

(edited by Caid.4932)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ponytales.7264

Ponytales.7264

Thank you for an awsome reset!

I’m so happy to see you two servers on our WvW map.

Let’s make this week an awsome week with a lot of fun fights

in Match-ups

Posted by: Karast.1927

Karast.1927

well the whole retal things hurst anyone using multihits and ground target AoE`s, and there are a lot of professions who have their AoE builds centered on multi hit AoE, ranger, ele, necro, and grenade engi are some of the key builds.

You can’t stay alive if your taking 3-6k per second in retal ontop of normal damage, so a lot of people swap to beefy melee or to spec’s that don’t use a lot of multi hits.

It is not some intentional sneakiness, it is simply just the way it has to be until something is done about retal on the BL maps, and in general for anyone using an ability with multiple projectiles.

But with the balance the way it is there are not a great deal of viable WvW spec’ing options for guild play if you gotta avoid multi hits or multi projectiles like the plague.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

Ega

When you get stuck with them for so long you are bound to learn something! When you can’t beat them – join them!

I’m just kidding of course! <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hjulstad.6317

Hjulstad.6317

Agree that retal is a broken mechanic.. been saying this since day 1.. and playing age of conan from early access untill just 2-3 months before gw2 release i know what Caid ment. Thats a good example of a bad mechanic. Anyone not knoeing what i mean just search conq retal on youtube and youll see.. loving this matchup tho and yes guardians cant really avoid retal , specially with hammer :P

Member of TUP
@
Aurora Glade

in Match-ups

Posted by: Conjuro Junior.9048

Conjuro Junior.9048

Finaly, after a few weeks, we get a nice Matchup.
Equaly balanced, good open ground fights, not a bazillion AC’s and respect to one and other.

Have fun and Enjoy this week!

-Cami- Guild Leader [rddt] The Karma Initiative | Aurora Glade

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dranul.2094

Dranul.2094

You have more people, thats new. Maybe its all the charrs / norns but it seems like all the new recruits are warrs or guardians too. Not claiming its intentional or your taking advantage of a bug or anything just an observation really.
Does seem to be a lot of groups basically running 30 melee with a mesmer and a staff ele though. I dont know you look at combat log sometimes and see 80% of your health was lost to retal and 20% to auto attack. Does seem to be a distinct meta surrounding retal atm whether people are aware they’re doing it or not.

We’ve changed a bit too really. There was a time when our backline was basically a mesmer, a necro and if we were lucky a staff ele. Last night 5 of our 15 were melee.

I think in a lot of cases retal is a bit more horrible for ranged personally. I basically refuse to play ranger or engi in guild events.
Anyway … yeah … we kind of need to be a bit more careful about our melee pushes these days really, less people to share the damage around, taking half our health off on retal makes life that much harder.

Yeah pulsing attacks suck for retal but so does whirling wrath and auto attack isn’t that nice either. Anyway i kitten about blobs and their 1 spam so i have to use buttons now even if its dumb xD. At least i get heals from the boons symbols put out (and retal)
Suppose i should just switch to hammer but i just like gs ssssssssoooooooo dam much.

% Wise, our makeup is the same. Its not like we didn’t hit the dizzy heights of 30 in the past, nice to be at it again. Sure there was some weeks we averaged 18. I have a feeling due to our opponents this week that we will see 25-30 every raid tbh.

Most of last night is a blur, a very fun but different reset compared to last week. And no hangover \o/

Dranul – Guild Leader – The Unlikely Plan [TUP]
Aurora Glade EU
http://theunlikelyplangw2.guildlaunch.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

Seems legit.
On AG we like to use at least 30 people to cap camps. People also seem very fond of attacking the supervisor with at least 3 minutes of RI left.
We have been picking up a few strats from the germans!
Beware the almost bot-like people camping towers.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

Ega

Nice picture of the KISS zerg you got there. Same thing aswell JIM nice picture of us in that camp.we always have large numbers on reset we were running between 30-40 KISS plus groups from the smaller guilds LOE and JD who always tag along with us on reset plus the regretable pug quotient. We were all on TS and enjoyed rolling face, but it’s probably a silly idea to post “blob” pictures on reset because like us allot of guilds from all servers run reset night events. not to mention the pugs are out in force for there free stuff and cant be pushed off with a six foot yard-arm haha. keep flame to a minimum guys and enjoy the fun. Miller’s, you guys got cojones makes a change from your cousins RIVERHIDE and BLOBODONS MOUTH. /salute.
Gandara we missed you lots lets paint the place with blood this week.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

(edited by Singer.8740)

in Match-ups

Posted by: LOLLAVZZI.3580

LOLLAVZZI.3580

Personally i just hope they basically remove it (despite playing a guardian). I dont think any game has ever managed to use the mechanic in a way that didn’t seem … kind of cheap or open to abuse. Exteme example but this springs to mind http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX2JEKVn-U4

Think removing is a bit too extreme, maybe remove it from the shouts and the light-blast combo, and give something else in return. I don’t think the problem is the mechanic itself, just the way you can easily spread it around. Kinda of a easy math, less people with it means aoe users take less damage but single target attackers still take the same damage if they choose to attack someone with retal up.

On the matchup so far it’s being great, against the majority I really like fighting the German servers, they never make the matches dull and boring, like it was 2 weeks ago.

The Tekno Viking – 80 Guardian
Tchuu Tchuu Im a Train [TCHU] – Gandara

in Match-ups

Posted by: JonSnow.5610

JonSnow.5610

You know what RS and AM call that?

a scouting party

Many that live deserve death, and some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?
Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise can not see all ends

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

@JonSnow Am call that, solo roaming

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krato.4729

Krato.4729

Agree that retal is a broken mechanic..

I tend to disagree that retaliation is broken. Yes it’s a strong boon, but it is also a counter to anyone that expects to roll out as a glasscannon and spam AOE damage without repercussions. It forces warbands to rethink their builds and strategies, using certain skills at certain times, and more intricate play such as boon stripping starts to play a role. It’s very easy to say that a certain buff or condition is overpowered, and call for nerfs, but to me that just simplifies the game further. Look at the confusion nerf, instead of warbands having to adapt to bring condition removal into their play and stop spamming skills, people called for it to be downgraded and now glamour mesmers are a far rarer sight and confusion tickles.

As for the matchup, the week ahead promises to deliver what most of us have been hoping for, with good quality fights in abundance. TUP are available for GvG on Tuesday or Thursday evening, preferably 20v20 but can drop to 15s if required. Send me an in-game mail if interested. Be lucky out there.

Kratoon – TUP Officer/Warband Leader

in Match-ups

Caid.4932

I dunno. Hammer guardian is putting up aoe retal every 4 secs, boon stipping isn’t much of a counter imo. You dont even need to try putting up retal with a few guardians, its just there all day, every day. I think glamour is still pretty good too.
Anyway I just dont like the mechanic, its too passive for my taste and i dont find the idea of a class that does damage by getting punched in the face … interesting (?). I’ll probably be calling for nerfs while its in anyway relevant tbh.
I dont think it creates an interesting meta atm either … it doesn’t open options, it limits them. Hammer wars and guardians are pretty dominant population wise. I’ve played a ranger with1700 vitality and i still struggled with retal to the point i basically need to spend as much time doing nothing as attacking, had 1900 toughness too so its by no means a glass cannon spec. Just seems really backwards that the absolute worst thing you can use the crap ac long bow skill on is a group (not that i’d use a long bow that weapon is dire)

Anyway sorry for derailing thread, enough nerf retal threads knocking about im sure

[Dius]

(edited by Caid.4932)

in Match-ups

Posted by: drazzar.3042

drazzar.3042

Looks like a kittening nice match up this week – see you guys on the field

[void] – GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

I dunno. Hammer guardian is putting up aoe retal every 4 secs, boon stipping isn’t much of a counter imo. You dont even need to try putting up retal with a few guardians, its just there all day, every day. I think glamour is still pretty good too.
Anyway I just dont like the mechanic, its too passive for my taste and i dont find the idea of a class that does damage by getting punched in the face … interesting (?). I’ll probably be calling for nerfs while its in anyway relevant tbh.
I dont think it creates an interesting meta atm either … it doesn’t open options, it limits them. Hammer wars and guardians are pretty dominant population wise. I’ve played a ranger with1700 vitality and i still struggled with retal to the point i basically need to spend as much time doing nothing as attacking, had 1900 toughness too so its by no means a glass cannon spec. Just seems really backwards that the absolute worst thing you can use the crap ac long bow skill on is a group (not that i’d use a long bow that weapon is dire)

Anyway sorry for derailing thread, enough nerf retal threads knocking about im sure

i could agree in these words even as a guardian that use a lot my retaliation skills , but guardians are not the only class that has retaliation and as the name says this class is to guard others .if they choose to lower the retaliatiuon they must increase the other protect boons that guardians have because if they just nerf retaliation my char will be corrupted and useless for parties !

i have said in the past , as a bunker-healer guardian ( only the setup , my playstyle is a bit pure chaos ) if you found me alone even a 20 lvl mesmer in www can kill me , but inside a team ….. have a nice day

in Match-ups

Posted by: Delfurion.5419

Delfurion.5419

QQ looking for GvG /w me ingame or send me a message: Delfurion.5419

[oO]Thor The Thunderer [Guardian]
[oO]Delfurion Stormrage [Thief]
-= [oO] Deadly Fusion =-