Gate of Rest/Eredon Madness/Devona's Terrace

in Match-ups

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

what? Somehow i feel the forum warring has died down. Guess i should go back to playing wvw been pve farming all week, seems like i missed a lot of fun =\

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace

in Match-ups

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

The throwing siege always confuses me – is it an insult or an honor? Someone please tell me, I don’t know how to react and I feel I am probably disappointing someone by laughing when it happens.

Uh, it depends.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Match-ups

Posted by: madchatter.7964

madchatter.7964

@styx, some of the Basic guys are just as “classy”

Can confirm, we are some classy gentlemen.

I feel like we might need to hold a competition to see who can “out-class” the other. Loser buys winner drinks or something.

As for whether it’s an honor or insult… I guess the meaning depends on who’s doing it. I sometimes throw a ballista or two on a body that isn’t releasing, but then I sit by them in tonic form with a kite. You know, so they don’t get lonely. And then a random person from my server comes and builds it, leading to hilariously placed seige.

GoM – [ASH] | Check out the GoMmunity!
main: Medeina (human d/d ele)
alts: yes xP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

The throwing siege always confuses me – is it an insult or an honor? Someone please tell me, I don’t know how to react and I feel I am probably disappointing someone by laughing when it happens.

It depends on the siege thrown…

If it’s a ballista, it mean your tomb only worth 16c. While a omega tomb worth almost 1g.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in Match-ups

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

My advice is to meet it with the same indifference as if they had not done anything. An enemy’s wasted siege, wasted time all serve the interests for your server rather their own.

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: Easterbunny.6170

Easterbunny.6170

If Ash were to spend most of its time sitting around GvGing behind some tower somewhere we would be in 3rd place. That would make the rest of us sad.

Mummies R Us
Gates of Madness Community
DUI Co-Founder

in Match-ups

Easterbunny.6170

Personally the only time I have done that (throw siege) was to obstruct the view of a player trying to dead-scout. (I have no idea if it actually does so btw) OR to try to make it harder for someone to rez said player.

the hope there being you cannot accurately report numbers with 5 ballistae randomly shoved into your sight line.

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder

(edited by Easterbunny.6170)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Murdoc.4251

Murdoc.4251

I’ve played these games long enough that emotes don’t bother me any more, but the siege thing confused me.

All cleared up now, I will now know the appropriate amount of rage to feel when an obviously larger group kills me and throws some.

[HDS] – Gate of Madness
Murdoc Jones – Brock Jones – Murdoch Jones – Jaedmara Jones
Warrior – Guardian – Ranger – Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

It’s much easier on your blood pressure to treat all the kitteny things people do with humor. I am amused by emotes, siege tombs and all the other silly things people do to each other.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

It’s much easier on your blood pressure to treat all the kitteny things people do with humor. I am amused by emotes, siege tombs and all the other silly things people do to each other.

For example, my face whenever I see a [BS] group running around trying to lure our pugs into very obvious badge traps.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Can you fireworks while dead? Because that would be awesome if you can.

I have no idea what you’re talking about Taquito. I have never done such a thing. <innocent>

Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: Buddy.7563

Buddy.7563

Well, you can’t use them while dead, but you can equip it. So using the kite will drop them, allowing your enemies to pick it up and properly celebrate their skill in killing you.

Tom Badgerstache (Necro)
Gate of Madness [ART]

in Match-ups

Posted by: EricL.5861

EricL.5861

Great fights tonight! Keep up the work ET!

Hagance, 80 Guardian, Commander/ Guild Leader
Server: DragonBrand
Guild: AKD

in Match-ups

Posted by: ToaLux.6478

ToaLux.6478

Ugh, we need more posts! I don’t have too much to say, so in the spirit of giving I’ll just add a few pictures of the more memorable WvW events (for me) this week

1. Someone building an AC just to take me out of OW (sorry for killing you then portaling back up; you made me do it.)
2. GoM vs a monstrous zerg one night (good fight!)
3. I temporarily became a rock-hard Superman via a Super Fun Box (actual ability to fly not included.)
4. Finally, ASH vs DI (you guys are a ton of fun to fight, keep it up!)

Hope these provided some entertainment for you.

Attachments:

Fil(l)aen ~ Ranger/Mesmer ~ SAO ~ GoM
The Orange Asura with the Sun Kite

(edited by ToaLux.6478)

in Match-ups

skyhawk.5149

Is it just me? Or does Toa only have fun fighting ET. Anyhow been an interesting looking at the scores I haven’t played much WvW these past 2 weeks ;_;. Don’t worry tho guys soon u’ll see a D/D ele running around trying to figure out a legit dueling build. (Tips appreciated)

in Match-ups

ToaLux.6478

Is it just me? Or does Toa only have fun fighting ET. Anyhow been an interesting looking at the scores I haven’t played much WvW these past 2 weeks ;_;. Don’t worry tho guys soon u’ll see a D/D ele running around trying to figure out a legit dueling build. (Tips appreciated)

Oh, wow, I hadn’t noticed those exclusively featured ET… I love DR too! Honest!
I’ll get a picture for DR too, just wait

About your ele issue… I personally can’t help you, but I have met a few exceptional d/d eles; there is hope.

Btw, just “fil” is fine for an address

in Match-ups

It’s sad that this is the 2nd week and we’re only on page 5. There really isn’t any chest thumping to do to start forum wars either.

Ohai, let’s gvg and then brag about who is the better guild. We can paxa up this thread.

Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: TakeCare.3182

TakeCare.3182

It’s sad that this is the 2nd week and we’re only on page 5. There really isn’t any chest thumping to do to start forum wars either.

Ohai, let’s gvg and then brag about who is the better guild. We can paxa up this thread.

Hahaha. We’d love to, but there are only like 2 [OHai] even on DR atm. The rest are either not in game this week or on ET. Speaking of, after being on ET for a few days, I have concluded that you guys are pretty awesome. It’s been really fun, and I’ve met a lot of super nice people from [BS] and [DI]. I was expecting to be shunned as a spy. In any event, perhaps we can try a GvG next go around?

Stay classy. :P

YouTube channel
Thief | Mesmer | Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nike.9563

Nike.9563

Glad you have enjoyed your stay in ET so far [OHai]. If you should happen to decide to extend your stay I don’t think anyone here would mind at all

Necromancer For Hire (Gold T6 Mats or Precursors accepted methods of payment)

in Match-ups

Whaaaat! Ohai is on ET? We should go roaming together. One of the BS guys said he had partied with an Ohai necro but I thought he meant in WvW with an opposing party.

Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in Match-ups

<tears>

I will miss you guys. I feel like I made a lot of friends via this forum.

Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

styx.7294

<tears>

I will miss you guys. I feel like I made a lot of friends via this forum.

Y’all are welcome to join our forums! I think I’m signed up on ET already, hehehe.

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

It’s cool, ANet. We didn’t really want to make friends with other servers anyways.

Hopefully soon, you’ll do away with those other pesky forums since unpleasantries exist there as well. The only forum we really need is https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc so that we can report when our credit cards malfunction in your wonderful gem shop.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neko Dudley.2495

Neko Dudley.2495

This just makes me sad. I don’t participate very often, but reading the matchup threads has always been something i look forward to doing. Oh well.

ET and DR, I have to say it has been much fun fighting you guys. I’ve never seen so many 3-way battles.

Gate of Madness [MAL] EB
Yarr! I be keeping me pirate runes, Matey. Yarr! You’re welcome. Yarr!

in Match-ups

styx.7294

It’s cool, ANet. We didn’t really want to make friends with other servers anyways.

Hopefully soon, you’ll do away with those other pesky forums since unpleasantries exist there as well. The only forum we really need is https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc so that we can report when our credit cards malfunction in your wonderful gem shop.

So cynical it makes me sad!

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

@ Styx, does your guild want to gvg? I need some material so we can get our thread locked one last time before we lose this subforum.

Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

ToaLux.6478

I came here to post something entertaining, but now I really don’t feel like it…

Obviously I want Anet to reconsider, but it seems like a sealed deal to me. Please, please don’t tear down my little home on these forums!

We’re going to have an alternative for this, right? I’ve read these posts every week since I found out they existed! I think I might not cry only if someone presents a promising solution…

EDIT: Thanks Belle! Maybe I’ll survive this tragedy now. Also, I’ve yet to be infracted. Any guidelines on doing such in particular? Seeing as I’m terrible at trash-talking (I end up saying big words that people don’t know, which inevitably brings the quarrel to an immediate halt), I’d like another way to do so before these forums are disposed of. Thanks for your time

(edited by ToaLux.6478)

in Match-ups

I’m sure someone is already working on gw2matchupforums.com website already.

Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ryyman.2196

Ryyman.2196

Figured this thread could use more drama.

lol @ the DR BRL thief who accused me and my buddy of hacking, killed me in a 2v20, bragged about it like it was some kind of accomplishment, then chickened out of a fair duel. It’s okay, I’ll let you bring your zerg.

Stay classy <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Figured this thread could use more drama.

lol @ the DR BRL thief who accused me and my buddy of hacking, killed me in a 2v20, bragged about it like it was some kind of accomplishment, then chickened out of a fair duel. It’s okay, I’ll let you bring your zerg.

Stay classy <3

LEAVE BRL ALONE!

Attachments:

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

Posted by: Skosh.1483

Skosh.1483

To the few OHia guild i have seen on thee server this week , you ares are pretty laid back Like i told one of ya already let me know if you and your guild want to extend your stay we would appreciate that. Always looking for good roamers out there

Warrior/Ele/Necro – DR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nike.9563

Nike.9563

Geeze Skosh, if you want to talk people into staying you could at least spell their tag right. On second thought, if there is an OHia guild out there, you are welcome to come too.

Necromancer For Hire (Gold T6 Mats or Precursors accepted methods of payment)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

I always wondered if we would get some good press in the forums for BRL. Hard work over a long period of time to build the guild up and now. NOW I see we get true love. The crying gif is fantastic and I couldn’t have asked for anything more precious. TY, ty, ty.
With the match forums being eliminated bitter tears fall.

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

in Match-ups

K U T M.4539

I always wondered if we would get some good press in the forums for BRL. Hard work over a long period of time to build the guild up and now. NOW I see we get true love. The crying gif is fantastic and I couldn’t have asked for anything more precious. TY, ty, ty.
With the match forums being eliminated bitter tears fall.

who is brl

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Match-ups

skyhawk.5149

Fun Fun running with AKD and DI zergs today. Finally some ppl that actually understand might stacking and fields. I guess thats what i get for taking PuGs with me =\

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I guess thats what i get for taking PuGs with me =\

I don’t understand the problems that most people/commanders say to have with the pugs on ET… Seriously, I never had half of the problems I hear you guys complaining about.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in Match-ups

I save myself a headache by never buying a commander tag. To the commanders out there, I salute you!

Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: Midnighthowler.6803

Midnighthowler.6803

BRL is usually the ones scrapping ET and GOM from the bottom of our boots…. Unless we are rolling naked….. then its anyone’s guess lol.

in Match-ups

Posted by: TakeCare.3182

TakeCare.3182

Glad you have enjoyed your stay in ET so far [OHai]. If you should happen to decide to extend your stay I don’t think anyone here would mind at all

It really has been a lot of fun so far. Thank you for your hospitality.

Whaaaat! Ohai is on ET? We should go roaming together. One of the BS guys said he had partied with an Ohai necro but I thought he meant in WvW with an opposing party.

Roaming together would be great. >:)
Yeah, he was talking to a guildie who is still on DR. They were 1v1ing in the Obsidian Sanctum.

To the few OHia guild i have seen on thee server this week , you ares are pretty laid back Like i told one of ya already let me know if you and your guild want to extend your stay we would appreciate that. Always looking for good roamers out there

Thank you.

I always wondered if we would get some good press in the forums for BRL. Hard work over a long period of time to build the guild up and now. NOW I see we get true love. The crying gif is fantastic and I couldn’t have asked for anything more precious. TY, ty, ty. With the match forums being eliminated bitter tears fall.

Well, all in all, BRL is a great guild. I believe the issue is with a single BRL, who is obviously not representative of the guild as a whole. He was just upset because Kat and I killed him and the pug group he was running with, which was mostly upleveled anyway, so he partied us, reported us, and called us hackers among other things. However, while it was silly of him, it in no way reflects on BRL as a whole. Everyone else from BRL has been nothing but nice, which is why I accepted his party invitation to begin with. You guys are great and have solid players and tactics. I have seen the epic video of the naked camp defense. ;P

I’m sorry if it came off wrong because we think you guys are awesome.

YouTube channel
Thief | Mesmer | Elementalist

(edited by TakeCare.3182)

in Match-ups

Easterbunny.6170

BRL is usually the ones scrapping ET and GOM from the bottom of our boots…. Unless we are rolling naked….. then its anyone’s guess lol.

I ran into your naked group on my just turned 80 Asura Mesmer. Funny stuff. I was the little purple and red guy making clones and generally not knowing what he was doing.

My buddy and I had those ET at Refuge if not for the meddling of you pesky kids! O.o

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder

in Match-ups

ToaLux.6478

Hey guys, same as last week, we’ll try to have a Fight Club at 5pm server time (3 hours from now). If you can come, please do! I haven’t had any duels for a decent while, but I’ll be there. Also, I’m a bit sick, so when I inevitably do something stupid, you’ll get to laugh at least

Moving on..
GoM’s definitely going to move up in the teirs now for sure! We were the first server to develop landsharks as of a few weeks ago, and now we’re moving on to greater things. I present to you GoM’s new X-Ray vision. We know when you are sleeping; we know when you’re awake. We know if you’ve been bad or good, so be good for this forum’s sake!

Also, a quote from the astute developers behind this technology:
“All your base are belong to us.”

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: losieight.4807

losieight.4807

Good job at finally getting Bluebriar, GoM :P was fun farming you guys.

Died with Basic [BS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Dear Detective Miss Winters,

If the Very Good Detectives [VGD] “Keep Devona’s Rest free of crime”, why it have so many thieves?

Seriously… I think that from every 10 DR players, 7 are thieves and the other 3 are some random upleveled class. I never ran unto so many thieves…

A note lies on top of the cupboard in the lobby. The message, written in immaculate handwriting, reads as follows:

Good evening.

I find it charming, albeit slightly disturbing, that insult is attempted at my agency based on numbers borne by loose speculation. And to clarify; loose speculation sired by some kind of paltry Eredon Terrace citizen at that. Such a notion in itself is an oxymoron. Why? Because we are the

Very

Good

Detectives.

Signed,
The Chief Detective.

Sincerely,
Detective Miss Winters,
Very Good Detectives [VGD],
“We make Devona’s Rest free of crime!”

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in Match-ups

Posted by: HyperHysteria.4128

HyperHysteria.4128

Hey guys, same as last week, we’ll try to have a Fight Club at 5pm server time (3 hours from now). If you can come, please do! I haven’t had any duels for a decent while, but I’ll be there. Also, I’m a bit sick, so when I inevitably do something stupid, you’ll get to laugh at least

Moving on..
GoM’s definitely going to move up in the teirs now for sure! We were the first server to develop landsharks as of a few weeks ago, and now we’re moving on to greater things. I present to you GoM’s new X-Ray vision. We know when you are sleeping; we know when you’re awake. We know if you’ve been bad or good, so be good for this forum’s sake!

That strange moment you find your self being targeted in the 2nd picture….. O_O

Devona’s Rest Commander
[kYrO] Gaza Strip

in Match-ups

K U T M.4539

Moving on..

Fil stop bullying people pls.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Match-ups

skyhawk.5149

I don’t understand the problems that most people/commanders say to have with the pugs on ET… Seriously, I never had half of the problems I hear you guys complaining about.

Nah i was just saying Pugs don’t usually give me combo fields or lay the right combo fields when i ask for it. So it results in little speed boost for the group, and less might stacking and other buffs that can help in a pinch. I accept it to when commanding Pugs, and i don’t complain about it (ok maybe i do but i was joking about it) but it was nice to run with a zerg that is organized once in a while.

in Match-ups

K U T M.4539

Nah i was just saying Pugs don’t usually give me combo fields or lay the right combo fields when i ask for it. So it results in little speed boost for the group, and less might stacking and other buffs that can help in a pinch. I accept it to when commanding Pugs, and i don’t complain about it (ok maybe i do but i was joking about it) but it was nice to run with a zerg that is organized once in a while.

i throw light fields at all times.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Match-ups

Posted by: limbeurt.9642

limbeurt.9642

dat 3s retal

in Match-ups

Light fields are soooooo last week. Smoke fields are the new it combo field.

Maguuma
#allisvain