Ruins of Surmia/Drakkar Lake/Fissure of Woe

in Match-ups

Posted by: Khullain.5301

Khullain.5301

Certainly does work

Shame it requires no skill or thought.

The unfortunate thing with WvW is that numbers win fights, even if a server has better players it will always fall to the mindless zerg.

To be honest I believe RoS deserved to take it, to pull back the points against the Drakkar swarm was valiant and showed much heart.

But then Arenanet made the game how it is so cant complain

Grats Drakkar been fun.

Ushabti Kabuntu
Witch Doctor
Ruins of Surmia

in Match-ups

Posted by: Agrios.9071

Agrios.9071

The poor thing is that even with these arrow carts DL looses most of the fights on open fields, as long as its not 2:1 in their favor.
Anyways thanks to NP for the great teamwork with you on RoS borderland, flipping all the t3 Keeps with was a hard but funny job and we managed that. Sadly this whole week is a joke since there are no nice fights with equal numbers except massive blob fights.
We had 1 (!) fair fight in 2 (!) weeks against DL, wasnt really hard for us, which probably is the reason why all DL-guilds team up with so many pugs all the time.
But since its effective they will continue with that. Great job of your scouts DL, we keep hearing that you use spys though. If it would be the case then its ridiculous but i dont really believe in that.

Still looking forward for fair fights, maybe tomorrow when they allready won the match up the guilds of DL run alone? Lets see.

Dreamland Of Cookies [mmmh]

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Vabbi is happy to meet u next week TDA ^^ .

Well, sadly we won’t be here anymore next week. Our vacation tour will be taking us elsewhere :<

Hi there miss froufrou. I talked to a guildie of yours and seems you are going back to gandarra..
Would you do me a favor? Your build looks like fun and since my ranger is gathering dust would you be so kind to PM me your build? Unless it’s top secret of course.
Thanks anyway.

Sent you the build via PM! During match ups like this you should take out your ranger and go do some roaming, it’s going to be fun! Our next stop is Arborstone, just so we can continue poking Surmias and whatnot, they have been bringing quite awesome fights :> Gandara is no longer the lovely small guild/roaming server it used to be so not quite sure if we will even go back there. Time will tell!

Anywho, thanksu LND and Tri for stunning and smashing skirmishes earlier today, was a blast to fight you guys!

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

Agrios u looking for fair fights?go play sPvP.

in Match-ups

Agrios.9071

You do know that sPvP is all about getting a 2v1 or 3v2 situation while your other people manage to hold themselves against the bigger numbers.

I say it a bit different now. I hope that we get some fights not inside of a keep tomorrow. Your server only plays for objectives, thats ok but even your people have to get bored by that.

in Match-ups

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

You do know that sPvP is all about getting a 2v1 or 3v2 situation while your other people manage to hold themselves against the bigger numbers.

I say it a bit different now. I hope that we get some fights not inside of a keep tomorrow. Your server only plays for objectives, thats ok but even your people have to get bored by that.

If they get bored, they go back to PvE. Others will come. That’s the beauty of the pub zergs. On the other hand, your server seems to stand and fall with the guilds. As soon, as the guilds can’t bring a group or get bored from power-zerging non-stop to keep up with the drakkar blobs, you got absolutely nothing to fall back on. We, on the other hand, got not much to fall back on, when things get rough. We lack large guilds specialized in open field combat, as our guilds mainly spend their time leading the pub zerg and upgrading/defending objectives, so every big fight will typically devolve into a slugfest over some fortified objective.
We do have some dedicated guilds, but compared to other servers, our numbers just can’t compete in this department.

Covering weaknesses is an essential part of warfare, if you are unable to fix them. We can’t intercept hostile zergs in open field, so we take the fight to the objectives. It pains me, but we can’t put up a fight against your guilds, unless we greatly outmatch you in numbers or position.
You shouldn’t think of it as a cunning, evil and dishonorable strategy to defeat Surmia without ever taking a big fight. We are barely clinging onto whatever options we have left, in order for our WvW to not die. We do not want to be one of the forgotten servers, like Vabbi, just because some guilds decided to turn their backs on us for petty reasons. Without all of those traitors, who left to glitch their way through gates for Millers, we managed to rebuild our crippled WvW presence, and, I gotta say, I am very proud to be a member of this wonderful server. It’s no longer about being part of a guild. WvW on Drakkar is about being part of the server. Every single soul on the map works as one singular being.

Man, gotten way more sentimental, than I intended to.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bakterius.6018

Bakterius.6018

WvW on Drakkar is about being part of the server. Every single soul on the map works as one singular being.

Ye this is a little bit sentimental, but it has a true core. Some guilds left our server, because they wanted to play in higher tier, maybe we have some bad players (or a lot) but it doesn’t matter. We have to deal with this situation. If RoS has the same “problem” they have to deal with it as well.

A german speaking player sent me a PM an they sad, we are “arrogant”. I does not represent Drakkar alone, and look at the other Posts from drakkarians. No one of our Server complaints about xyz.

Uff…but this thread needs more trolling, so let me continue: RoS Guildies weeping that they wiping our Zerg one million times ? :-( Hey, it’s our special way, to make you happy.

(edited by Bakterius.6018)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mohaka.5876

Mohaka.5876

I am from New Zealand and a proud wvwer for Drakkar . I speak no german but the regulars I hang with speak english for my benefit and I thank them for that. Playing in off peak euro hr’s I tend to catch alot of smaller fights and there has been quite a few real enjoyable fights this week . Like to thank a FoW ranger and x2 Ros’s for a 40min fight for a supply camp …best fun I have had in this season so far.. no one else came and I think we all enjoyed it .

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

Hey Mohaka its nice that we have someone from NZ i love that country.You are not alone, i am also not german =) And i am proud to be drakkarian too.We have few peoples from austria,switzerland and other countrys.German Server doesnt mean that there are all germans.I can speak german because i live in switzerland since a few years.

in Match-ups

naphack.9346

You say that, like it’s such a big deal for someone from switzerland to play on a german server.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ray.2640

Ray.2640

The problem with your strategies Drakkar is that you take away all the fun of the opposing servers.
It’s good that you found something that works for you but I hope we never ever have to fight against you ever again. Not because I don’t like losing, hell I like losing more then stomping the opposing servers, but it’s because I like to fight.
In 2 weeks time with a lot more time played then I should have done I didn’t get more then 30 minutes of good fights against Drakkar. (massive props to the champion guildless thief with those new green daggers for the duels)
I mean I don’t condone what has been said on the forum in these past 2 weeks but they do give you an indication of how frustrated people are, fighting you.
I think RoS did a great job this matchup in holding the lead for so long against the odds that pretty much destroyed us last week, but it wasn’t enough.
Deserved victory for Drakkar but still a bit soured by the lack of enjoyment in these last 2 weeks.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nubu.6148

Nubu.6148

Well, sadly we won’t be here anymore next week. Our vacation tour will be taking us elsewhere :<

Why ???? You will miss the best fights of ur vacation …..

Nubú -Engie -Asura-
BNF-Bitte nicht füttern-
Smallscale <3 !

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

Sounds to me like cowardice, scared to face Vabbi, don’t you agree Nubu?

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nubu.6148

Nubu.6148

A little bit …… Blacktide would be the better choice for them .

A little bit …… Blacktide would be the better choice for them …..

Nubú -Engie -Asura-
BNF-Bitte nicht füttern-
Smallscale <3 !

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maevlynin.3280

Maevlynin.3280

It’s no longer about being part of a guild. WvW on Drakkar is about being part of the server. Every single soul on the map works as one singular being.

This is exactly why I love playing for Drakkar Lake, too.
I am sorry the way we play is no fun for you, Surmias, but on the other hand, I am one of those boring players who rather like to build and support than joining 1vs1 fights. It’s simply no fun for me to bash other people (even if it’s virtual bashing) and, that said, I have little to no experience how to fight against other players. Come, bash me if you want. I’ll let anyone kill me to get back to what I actually like to do, and you can’t say that scouting, Dolyak speeding, building keeps and keep defense are not part of WvW, too. I am roaming too, but not exactly to look for fights, more to support my server by trying for bloodlust or such. Well, yes… may sound boring for most, but it’s fun for me.

So… if I’d have to put up with lots of small and bigger guilds all working for themselves instead of the server community, I’d certainly enjoy the game much less than I do now.
To each their own, I guess. You can’t have it all, stop looking for all the things you don’t like. Think positive and focus on things you do like, even if you think they’re tiny bits of the whole kitten. Instead of complaining about the massive blobs that blast you while you seem to succeed against smaller groups and the unfairness of it all, think about what Naphack wrote. It may be a different game than you know, or favour, but that doesn’t make it wrong or bad. It simply needs adapting to and making the best out of it. You’ve been doing a great job during the first half of the week but I do think we deserve the outcome (same as you would because of the spirit you showed ingame) since we dedicated ourselves to win the week and didn’t lose faith we could do this.

Good job, to all three servers. It’s an awesome week and I’ve enjoyed taking what little part I can take in it right now due to RL issues.

thumbs up

Edit: I’d like to add, that this is only speaking for me, not for all Drakkarians. We do have people who love to fight.

(edited by Maevlynin.3280)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Damien.3796

Damien.3796

Thanks to all players, who enjoyed in open field battles, and stone mist maneuvers
Cheers from Bt War.

Raid Leader/Guild Leader [Zero] at “Ruins of Surmia”.

(edited by Damien.3796)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

It’s no longer about being part of a guild. WvW on Drakkar is about being part of the server. Every single soul on the map works as one singular being.

This is exactly why I love playing for Drakkar Lake, too.
I am sorry the way we play is no fun for you, Surmias, but on the other hand, I am one of those boring players who rather like to build and support than joining 1vs1 fights. It’s simply no fun for me to bash other people (even if it’s virtual bashing) and, that said, I have little to no experience how to fight against other players. Come, bash me if you want. I’ll let anyone kill me to get back to what I actually like to do, and you can’t say that scouting, Dolyak speeding, building keeps and keep defense are not part of WvW, too. I am roaming too, but not exactly to look for fights, more to support my server by trying for bloodlust or such. Well, yes… may sound boring for most, but it’s fun for me.

So… if I’d have to put up with lots of small and bigger guilds all working for themselves instead of the server community, I’d certainly enjoy the game much less than I do now.
To each their own, I guess. You can’t have it all, stop looking for all the things you don’t like. Think positive and focus on things you do like, even if you think they’re tiny bits of the whole kitten. Instead of complaining about the massive blobs that blast you while you seem to succeed against smaller groups and the unfairness of it all, think about what Naphack wrote. It may be a different game than you know, or favour, but that doesn’t make it wrong or bad. It simply needs adapting to and making the best out of it. You’ve been doing a great job during the first half of the week but I do think we deserve the outcome (same as you would because of the spirit you showed ingame) since we dedicated ourselves to win the week and didn’t lose faith we could do this.

Good job, to all three servers. It’s an awesome week and I’ve enjoyed taking what little part I can take in it right now due to RL issues.

thumbs up

Edit: I’d like to add, that this is only speaking for me, not for all Drakkarians. We do have people who love to fight.

And that’s the crux of the matter right there. As a server German server’s in general have the same mentality as the high tier servers. and that is the ability to come together as a server for the outcome of the larger picture. You may have noticed for example that DL do not have many dedicated wvw guilds ( IF is the only one that comes to mind.) but what they lack in this aspect they eclipse with there ability to come together as a server, and what this does for them is a.) numerical advantage b.) Good commanders who understand that attrition warfare is the best way to play wvw and who are trusted by there community. c.) they play to win (don’t mind doing the little things and are relentless.) d.) the wvw guilds they do have are active in the community and are not elitist and/ or excluded by the community. e.) coverage. In short it is a very well oiled machine.
hats off to DL on your victory. /salute to the IF guild for some nice fights. I hope RoS learns from this loss and comes together as a server for next time.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

(edited by Singer.8740)

in Match-ups

FrouFrou.4958

Argh, busted! dun bi mad k? k :<

in Match-ups

Posted by: Trick.9370

Trick.9370

Argh, busted! dun bi mad k? k :<

Continue poking Surmias and whatnot ^^

If I’m correct you used the song “Metric – Lost kitten” in one of your vids (2th song). Thanks for that, cannot keep it out of my head for the past few days…

See you on the playing fields!

Xcefior – dd ele
All alone in space and time.
There’s nothing here but whats here is mine.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dawson.3491

Dawson.3491

Omg RoS think you are so good, your guilds are “so good”.

But I think it is not so. Only NP can fight on open field, KISS and the residue was freeloot for us.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bakterius.6018

Bakterius.6018

Yes, their guilds are simply good. There’s no doubt. Sometimes our (public) Zerg was better, but that does not substract (i hope this the right word) the quality of RoS guild groups.

And btw. don’t complain about the quality of your opponent, when they wish you a ‘GG’. ^^

(edited by Bakterius.6018)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Trick.9370

Trick.9370

But I think it is not so. Only NP can fight on open field, KISS and the residue was freeloot for us.

And by “residue” you mean the other guilds on RoS? You must be mad By all means, challenge them for an open field fight and I will bring popcorn!

Xcefior – dd ele
All alone in space and time.
There’s nothing here but whats here is mine.

in Match-ups

naphack.9346

The problem with your strategies Drakkar is that you take away all the fun of the opposing servers.
It’s good that you found something that works for you but I hope we never ever have to fight against you ever again. Not because I don’t like losing, hell I like losing more then stomping the opposing servers, but it’s because I like to fight.
In 2 weeks time with a lot more time played then I should have done I didn’t get more then 30 minutes of good fights against Drakkar. (massive props to the champion guildless thief with those new green daggers for the duels)
I mean I don’t condone what has been said on the forum in these past 2 weeks but they do give you an indication of how frustrated people are, fighting you.
I think RoS did a great job this matchup in holding the lead for so long against the odds that pretty much destroyed us last week, but it wasn’t enough.
Deserved victory for Drakkar but still a bit soured by the lack of enjoyment in these last 2 weeks.

Last time, I checked, it’s neither our job to entertain you, nor our fault, your wvw population has structural flaws, which won’t allow your dedicated wvw guys to take a break, if it’s too much for them.

You guys showed some terrific effort at tuesday, when you amassed that mega zerg and just kept on piling up the bodies like in some sort of zombie apocalypse, but I guess, it took too much of a mental toll on your guilds to have this kind of fights when they have been through the treadmill for more than a week already.

Stop talking. You are being extremely rude.

in Match-ups

Dawson.3491

Really ?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Drizzy.1268

Drizzy.1268

A little bit …… Blacktide would be the better choice for them .

A little bit …… Blacktide would be the better choice for them …..

We are actually considering to stay a bit longer on FoW, at least for the weekend.
Us moving on was simply because we want to squeeze as much action as possible out of this vacation, and not only during primetime.

[BNF] – Bitte Nicht Füttern
https://www.youtube.com/user/Drizzlebob

in Match-ups

Dawson.3491

Okay, we wait this evening on your homelands, come and give me your loot bags!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maevlynin.3280

Maevlynin.3280

Really ?

Yes, really. Keep the war ingame and the kindergarten out of the forums.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Unfortunately, this is true. We had a cool and big fight at reset on RoS borderlands, but that’s about it.

I had a lot more fun fighting against Ring Of Fire and Dzagonur, to be honest. Not because you are facerolling our keeps and towers right now I don’t care about that. Its because you focus too much on siege and less on good fights.
Also, you really lack in good and fair roamers.

I mean, come on. 8 AC’s for a wildcreek paper tower? for realz? that was a facepalm moment in its best form.

I am looking forward to fighting Dzagonur again!

Kind Regards from a dissapointed Surmian.

in Match-ups

Posted by: PocVecem.5170

PocVecem.5170

*Forfs stop crying -.-’

Same as last week: sore losers.

In Drakkar we trust

(edited by PocVecem.5170)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hamham.7504

Hamham.7504

If I’m correct you used the song “Metric – Lost kitten” in one of your vids (2th song). Thanks for that, cannot keep it out of my head for the past few days…

Same for me actually. It kind of looks like the song title has fallen prey to the forum swear filter though, haha.

Just how banana am I.

in Match-ups

Ray.2640

Last time, I checked, it’s neither our job to entertain you, nor our fault, your wvw population has structural flaws, which won’t allow your dedicated wvw guys to take a break, if it’s too much for them.

You guys showed some terrific effort at tuesday, when you amassed that mega zerg and just kept on piling up the bodies like in some sort of zombie apocalypse, but I guess, it took too much of a mental toll on your guilds to have this kind of fights when they have been through the treadmill for more than a week already.

It’s a game, entertainment should be the ultimate goal. There is a reason why mechanics that make things “anti-fun” for 1 party are the first to be purged by developers. As a player I usually make sure my fellow players are enjoying themselves as well. I’m not purposely going to lose a fight, but I tend to avoid using strategies that frustrate the hell out of people.
And about our WvW population, 4 weeks before the leagues we got beaten by FoW. That’s where we were at, after the last mass exodus. We hardly had a community left. Simply adding more guilds to a server who was still in the first phase of trying to rebuild its community doesn’t work in such a short time. We certainly improved as a server at an astounding rate. And I’m very impressed and proud of what we did manage to achieve. But we simply didn’t have the time or dedicated people to get things in order before the big matches, nor did we have the coverage to compete with a server like Drakkar Sea.

I’m not going to commend on the Tuesday part because I was in FoW borderland that day and we didn’t have too much trouble there. And getting a mental breakdown over a game is a serious sign that you should play less, just saying.

Anyway, as I said before you lot are very dedicated and as such you deserved the victory but, and this is not meant as an offense, I hope we won’t meet again for a long time, if you know what I’m saying. So good luck to you and have fun!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maze.1902

Maze.1902

… Every single soul on the map works as one singular being.

Resistance is futile.

Drakkar Lake

in Match-ups

Ray.2640

Assuming direct control!

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Dawson.3491

Where are you? We wait on the red borderlands! Help me with my second legendary and give me your loot bags!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Barabajagal.6147

Barabajagal.6147

Good job to DL, your persistance is amazing, and the win deserved imo – you clearly have superb leadership as most of your WvW force is community rather than guilds, and that community doesn’t mind scouting, building seige, and doing all the small things that count as much as the big fights.

Thanks for a rollercoaster of a week, and making us up our game

Inner Monkey ~ Silq
Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Where are you? We wait on the red borderlands! Help me with my second legendary and give me your loot bags!

I’d show up but I am banned for foul language, LOL.

in Match-ups

Agrios.9071

Got a queue there so we decided to clean up eb.

in Match-ups

Posted by: adherry.1592

adherry.1592

They see me Hasting, they hating….

But good to see that you didn’t just roll over and play dead kiss. Finally some fun here.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: PocVecem.5170

PocVecem.5170

To sum up the thread.

PS: Drakkar4Ever

Attachments:

In Drakkar we trust

in Match-ups

Agrios.9071

EB is not looking so good for you DL, but we still have 1 keep to take.

in Match-ups

FrouFrou.4958

Same for me actually. It kind of looks like the song title has fallen prey to the forum swear filter though, haha.

It’s a good song indeed, happy to spread some good ol’ earcancer! It was stuck on repeat for me as well :>

in Match-ups

Posted by: OchrisO.8450

OchrisO.8450

i must say its true that the Germans only play for points but there is two guild that stick of IF and pure, both guild as are shocking IF wanting to GvG with us the call it off becsaue they dont have numbers 2 mins later seem them in DL BL with 30+ IF members and pure are happy to run untill they out numbers 5v1 with the blob really wish they would fight like true men….

Mr Quackers- Guild leader

The Night Pact Legacy [NP]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhunis.9072

Dhunis.9072

seems like guardians got new skills overnight – teleporting

http://youtu.be/-g-aQABRl0g

I knew that IF are bunch of scrubs skill-wise, but hacking?

Ranked Arenas a.k.a. the New Hotjoin

in Match-ups

Agrios.9071

dont insult people on the forums, you are the one that gets banned for that…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Suspicious Nija.6790

Suspicious Nija.6790

Looks like some rubberbanding to me, no hacking involved i think.

Dreamland of Cookies [mmmh]
Never let facts interfere with your opinion.
R.I.P. Liquid World Experience

in Match-ups

Ray.2640

Few matchups ago I fought a guardian who did the exact same thing, except he was in downed state. Also it doesn’t seem like rubber banding because he’s creating distance between them without having swiftness while the ranger has SotH.

in Match-ups

Agrios.9071

It does not even matter, this bullkitten happens but we cant change it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: bartelbie.3214

bartelbie.3214

Would recommend to have a closer look on some Guard skills, like “merciful intervention” and/or “leap of faith”.
Regarding the recording qualitiy/ game settings, maybe some lags/ rubberbanding?

(edited by bartelbie.3214)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sanfirina.9724

Sanfirina.9724

seems like guardians got new skills overnight – teleporting

http://youtu.be/-g-aQABRl0g

I knew that IF are bunch of scrubs skill-wise, but hacking?

Try and learn a Guard before you say sth about hack or anything. He was only using his Skills ^^
I am so sry that you don’t even know any other class

in Match-ups

Agrios.9071

Nice Leap of faith with a staff then, impressive.