Überworld vs Fort Panik vs Apollo Glade

in Match-ups

Posted by: Spearox.4395

Spearox.4395

Yeah VcY guild.. same guild I have seen several warriors running round this matchup with “surprisingly good” dmg/condition invulnerability and ability to stealth at will when spotted by a group.. I will be sure to get a screenie next time or maybe FRAP them…. not that its worth the hassle cos we all know ANET does nowt anyway.

Dear forum warrior,

The VcY corporation would like you to inform you about several of the issues stated in your message.

Condition & damage invulnerability.
We have instructed our members to no longer to give away free presents outside of the Christmas period, in order to stimulate sales. As such, all our warriors are using in-game hacks called “Stances”. One of them has a name called “Berzerker stance”, the other is called “Endure pain”. Try them someday.

In case you do not find these buttons, feel free to order our special holiday glasses at our website or contact our hotline. The VcY corporation states to not be responsible for any mental or physical damage, temporary or permanent, to you or third parties, that may result from the usage of “Stances”.

Stealth
Although stealth additions usually refer to a taxpayer’s nightmare, we provide stealth services for both charity or at a price.

a) All VcY Norn warriors provided with stealth equipment, must pay a 1-quickbar elite slot fee for the protection of “Snow Leopards” to the VcY endangered species fund. You too can contribute! Save a “Snow leopard” today!

b) Due to complaints from the office of “Equal rights & services” to the VcY Human Resources Department, the VcY corporation has been forced to provide another stealthing tool for non-Norn races. VcY now temporarily provides the special stealth-equipped “Thief” utensil, on a per-hour charge base. You can easily spot these novel walking and self-aware gadgets, as they appear to be speed-hacking warriors. These “Thieves” come with a special pool that turns their allies invisible. We are still working on providing the appropriate water and beach facilities to go with said pool, but mobility of our resorts has so far been lacking. We thus stimulate both members and customers to stay inside the available pools for extended periods.

In case you have any additional complaints or remarks, both the VcY Human Resources department, as well as our Customer Service are fully at your disposal.

Kind regards,
Ax
- VcY Communications Department

(edited by Spearox.4395)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

Led by [ZeGa], we actually mustered a decent group in EB today and flipped a T3 Wild Creek with surprisingly little resistance. Here is how I picture what was going on on AG:

AG Scout: " Commander, an Underworld zerg incoming to WC!"

AG Commander: “An Underworld what now?”

AG Scout: “A zerg, Sir.”

AG Commander: “You mean like a small roaming party or something?”

AG Scout: " No, Sir! It does indeed appear to be a zerg of considerable size."

AG Commander: " You mean to tell me that all their 20 players came online at the same time?"

AG Scout: “It seems so, I’ve never seen them amass such numbers before.”

AG Commander: " So it’s like a real, real zerg with lots of people in it?

AG Scout: “Yes…”

AG Commander: “Ok, maybe we should check it out.”

But by then it was already too late. A glorious roar of victory emerged from the Lord’s room of the now wooden tower, as the pent up frustration was released all at once from the worn down, spawn-camped bodies of the UW players. The paper doors shut in the face of the AG players panicly rushing to defend, a bitter sign of their defeat to a foe that they had mocked and looked down upon for so long. Could it be true? Was UW truly not dead yet? How could their spirit persist, despite all those days of spawn-camping and /Dance-spamming on their rotting bodies?

All these unanswered question could easily overwhelm the average AG player. Luckily, he didn’t have to ponder them alone. He would seek the help of the 70 other players that were always in his near vicinity.

Whether they have come to a conclusion or not, remains unknown till this day.

I can’t tell if you’re from AG or UW :P

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Yeah VcY guild.. same guild I have seen several warriors running round this matchup with “surprisingly good” dmg/condition invulnerability and ability to stealth at will when spotted by a group.. I will be sure to get a screenie next time or maybe FRAP them…. not that its worth the hassle cos we all know ANET does nowt anyway.

Dear forum warrior,

The VcY corporation would like you to inform you about several of the issues stated in your message.

We have instructed our members to no longer to give away free presents outside of the Christmas period, in order to stimulate sales. As such, all our warriors are using in-game hacks called “Stances”. One of them has a name called “Berzerker stance”, the other is called “Endure pain”. Try them someday.

In case you do not find these buttons, feel free to order our special holiday glasses at our website or contact our hotline. The VcY corporation states to not be responsible for any mental or physical damage, temporary or permanent, to you or third parties, that may result from the usage of “Stances”.

Stealth
Although stealth additions usually refer to a taxpayer’s nightmare, we provide stealth services for both charity or at a price.

a) All VcY Norn warriors provided with stealth equipment, must pay a 1-quickbar elite slot fee for the protection of “Snow Leopards” to the VcY endangered species fund. You too can contribute! Save a “Snow leopard” today!

b) Due to complaints from the office of “Equal rights & services” to the VcY Human Resources Department, the VcY corporation has been forced to provide another stealthing tool for non-Norn races. VcY now temporarily provides the special stealth-equipped “Thief” utensil, on a per-hour charge base. You can easily spot these novel walking and self-aware gadgets, as they appear to be speed-hacking warriors. These “Thieves” come with a special pool that turns their allies invisible. We are still working on providing the appropriate water and beach facilities to go with said pool, but mobility of our resorts has so far been lacking. We thus stimulate both members and customers to stay inside the available pools for extended periods.

In case you have any additional complaints or remarks, both the VcY Human Resources department, as well as our Customer Service are fully at your disposal.

Kind regards,
Ax

https://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1332/93/1332937009994.jpg

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rynier.3629

Rynier.3629

Garrisyl that was one of the funnies posts ive read in a long time.. Thanks for the laugh.

Taking a T3 tower is neer an easy task .

@ the AG guys yes we had the guys bulding siege and drain our supply ( one of the T3 EB towers or keeps had any supply last night ) the fact remains taht we shouldve had siege in the first place and refreshed it so that we can be ready for an attack.. GJ underworld and ranik downgrading 2 x T3 towers and a T3 SM

in Match-ups

Posted by: zagaraad.5180

zagaraad.5180

Underworld looks like heaven for WvW Guilds that play EU primetime. Do you guys have any queues on any zone?

in Match-ups

Luthan.5236

Underworld looks like heaven for WvW Guilds that play EU primetime. Do you guys have any queues on any zone?

Back in the past we had enough people to fill 2 maps – EB and our home BL. At reset and primtime weekend we had maybe like 2-3 hours after that(and at other days primetime) queues on this 2 maps. Like 10-15 minutes maybe. Later this was only at reset day(not at other weekend days) and only <5 minutes queue.

At league then when a lot of guilds had left we only had people for 1 map max. Only at EB a queue <5 min and only for 1-2 hours after reset day… later week no queues. Queues on enemy BL sometimes happned but also only <5 minutes… and only if some commander took people away from EB to go there cap stuff(then on EB outnumbered).

At the moment most PvE players left. I think there is max 20-40 people at EB atm and less than 10 at other maps. Not more players playing. No queue at all – not even after reset. Not even 1 minute. No queue. Especially not during night and early afternoon weekdays european timezone. … maybe a bit more atm when I look at Millenium website because we have our corner EB and some of our BL.. but that might also be because of less attackers there and only few of our guys can recap. Not because we have lots of people lol.

in Match-ups

Posted by: hallonknopp.6532

hallonknopp.6532

VII about to move on?

Random PUG (scum)

in Match-ups

Posted by: zagaraad.5180

zagaraad.5180

VII about to move on?

It’s not something that’s being discussed. I was just highlighting that Underworld does seem like Utopia for guilds that like to play vs all with no queues.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

Well it’s definitaly the next server to go If people want to go without queue, one guild called BLAK ask me to come to Ag i told them no because of queue and told them to go to UW, will see what they do, but people trying to join in primetime Ag, i’m activily sending to other silver league server, mostly UW, because i think it’s the server that needs the most

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: hallonknopp.6532

hallonknopp.6532

No queues, but risk you will be playing against servers without queues as well, meaning no fights.

Random PUG (scum)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oren.1736

Oren.1736

Lets hope that once season ends, guilds in gold league start moving down to silver league. Anyhow, the placement this season of servers into leagues was with hiccups, due to the faulty ranking system. Next season Swap Kodash and Desolation, UW and Drakkar. and things will be as optimal as they could get.

S U P E R Oron – [TCHU]
Charr Guardian – Gandara(EU)
“KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOMS”

in Match-ups

Posted by: iorlas.6721

iorlas.6721

Dear forum warrior,

Stealth

Kind regards,
Ax

maybe you could explain your stealthing Necro please?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Oh they will have smart answer for that.. everyone knows that skills and rune procs only have limited use before cooldowns.. and BTW there was no thief with those 2 Warriors, and if there was it was quite possibly the poorest one in game if it couldn’t stealth heartseek, blind, stab, heal then rinse repeat whilst I am trying to keep engaged with the warrior as it stealthed, hit, stealthed hit, ran a bit stealth and even when feared/held oh and stealth / invulnerability has cooldowns as well, or perhaps ANET put a special patch in place these last few days
It was impressive though watching him run off faster than a moving bullet (to catch up with his partner in crime who had already perma stealthed to the next camp).. but hey I just decided the chase wasn’t worth it and continued on roaming.. we could waste our time frapping or taking screenies but what’s the point really, they know it won’t stop them. What I find funny is that with such total dominance on each map they feel the need to use such things in game – and as for the siege at spawn exits, well I guess there as bored as the rest of us, as I previously said, but I don’t really blame them its ANET that have created this dreary environment of imbalance across both servers and classes…. Oh well at least there is only a week or two to go…

Good to see FR were at last called to take some defensive measures today, made a nice 30minute window of opportunity to cull the Moa’s population around our EB keep and pull the weeds up from around Veloka’s gates.. AG could at least tidy up the place considering they use our towers more than we do

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

Those moas were my pets but I’m glad someone finally dealt with the weed problem.

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

in Match-ups

Posted by: ich.7086

ich.7086

We heard some TUP were harvesting it and then rolling over our PUG with upleveled while high so we shutdown weed production

Else good matchup for small scale.

I Am An Intruder – War 80
Ich Bin Marc – Thief 80
All Your Dolyaks Are Belong To [Us] (Fort Ranik)

in Match-ups

iorlas.6721

We heard some TUP were harvesting it and then rolling over our PUG with upleveled while high so we shutdown weed production

Yea can’t beat small scale fights

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

I find the guys who whine about UWs numbers are usually on the forum and not in wvw :P

Underworld filled 2 and a half maps on monday with an hours notice of the event. Its not as bad as people make out, we just dont have the hardcore wvw guilds so when we are against a full zerg of 25 might every buff AG its not going to end well :P

if AG had less numbers the fight would be more even but even equal numbers when one side is a lot better trained is a major difference

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asrok.2193

Asrok.2193

Thanks for the fights tonight in UW bl [SvD] and [Azm], was surprised to actually find some good action tonight. I know the matchup is pretty much already decided but you guys need to keep comming out for the fights.

Asrok – Hand of Blood [HoB] – Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bubule.7589

Bubule.7589

Thanks for the fights tonight in UW bl [SvD] and [Azm], was surprised to actually find some good action tonight. I know the matchup is pretty much already decided but you guys need to keep comming out for the fights.

Yeah some really good figth, you were the only raid guild on the map so we pretty much hunted you tonight :p

Desolation still totally missing

Hope to see you again during this week.

[SvD] from Fort Ranik

in Match-ups

iorlas.6721

Yeah some really good figth, you were the only raid guild on the map so we pretty much hunted you tonight :p

Desolation still totally missing

Hope to see you again during this week.

[SvD] from Fort Ranik

You mean UW is missing? we aint missing it’s just that there is so few of us your blob runs over us and by the time the ones at the back get to us we are dead and released so you don’t even know we was there

in Match-ups

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Oh they will have smart answer for that.. everyone knows that skills and rune procs only have limited use before cooldowns.. and BTW there was no thief with those 2 Warriors, and if there was it was quite possibly the poorest one in game if it couldn’t stealth heartseek, blind, stab, heal then rinse repeat whilst I am trying to keep engaged with the warrior as it stealthed, hit, stealthed hit, ran a bit stealth and even when feared/held oh and stealth / invulnerability has cooldowns as well, or perhaps ANET put a special patch in place these last few days
It was impressive though watching him run off faster than a moving bullet (to catch up with his partner in crime who had already perma stealthed to the next camp).. but hey I just decided the chase wasn’t worth it and continued on roaming.. we could waste our time frapping or taking screenies but what’s the point really, they know it won’t stop them. What I find funny is that with such total dominance on each map they feel the need to use such things in game – and as for the siege at spawn exits, well I guess there as bored as the rest of us, as I previously said, but I don’t really blame them its ANET that have created this dreary environment of imbalance across both servers and classes…. Oh well at least there is only a week or two to go…

Good to see FR were at last called to take some defensive measures today, made a nice 30minute window of opportunity to cull the Moa’s population around our EB keep and pull the weeds up from around Veloka’s gates.. AG could at least tidy up the place considering they use our towers more than we do

Was it a charr Silver ranked warrior and a human low ranked warrior? VcY does not tolerate cheating and we are investigating this to the very bottom. Employees will get fired over this issue! Excuse us for any discomfort.

We are keeping all out warriors out of the battle field till we find the 2 that are guilty to these very heavy accusations!

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: drnkndfght.7298

drnkndfght.7298

I find the guys who whine about UWs numbers are usually on the forum and not in wvw :P

Underworld filled 2 and a half maps on monday with an hours notice of the event. Its not as bad as people make out, we just dont have the hardcore wvw guilds so when we are against a full zerg of 25 might every buff AG its not going to end well :P

if AG had less numbers the fight would be more even but even equal numbers when one side is a lot better trained is a major difference

it IS that bad. Anyone who spend more then 2 hours in wvw knows it.

in Match-ups

Bloodstealer.5978

This made me smile….

I came along for your event.. you spent god knows how long in LA (as usual) while I was on my little Chunk, if I recall you were busy pleading with all incendiary to come along, then plucked some wildly exaggerated number from out of your head cos when I got onto borderlands especially UW bl there was not even half those numbers, but it was fun … moreso after the spawn camping had been dealt with.. you seemed to log off fairly early into it tho … perhaps you went to find more golems

I think you may find a lot of us are in WvW more than you, we just don’t feel the need to be joined at the hip with 20-30 others shouting choo choo from inside our golem suits
As for state of Underworld it is unfortunately that bad.. I have not know it to be so empty for 20+ hrs of the day, just ask the servers we have come up against this past 3 months, especially since Season 1 began, I am sure they are just as bored of hitting empty towers and chasing the butterflies instead …. having a decent size group for 2-3 hours across 7 days of matchup really doesn’t boast to much tbh, but fun is what we make it to be so good luck organising the next one.

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

in Match-ups

Luthan.5236

And he is only online once week for his event. Lol. And then he complains if others are not online just that 1 time when he is running the event(but online a lot at other times or other maps).

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Yea can’t beat small scale fights

Chat log made me laugh:
STACK -> INC -> Dodge right -> Well them (?) -> Daaamn -> steamrolled
xD

in Match-ups

Posted by: MajkeMi.1876

MajkeMi.1876

@Bubule.7589 check your PM
ty:)

Hand of Blood [HoB]

in Match-ups

Posted by: applecup.3047

applecup.3047

Props to UW who are playing this week. It’s never fun to be steamrolled, and it’s honestly not that fun to do the steamrolling – owning everything with no resistance makes for boring fights and boring trips to the Mists.

May your matchups in the next league be fairer.

[III] Third Legio, Aurora Glade
An Officer and a Gentlewoman

in Match-ups

Bloodstealer.5978

Props to UW who are playing this week. It’s never fun to be steamrolled, and it’s honestly not that fun to do the steamrolling – owning everything with no resistance makes for boring fights and boring trips to the Mists.

May your matchups in the next league be fairer.

Your welcome.. those that still venture past home base are determined to break those spawn campers hearts

Now, about the state you keep leaving our towers in!……

in Match-ups

Phoenix.3416

This made me smile….

I came along for your event.. you spent god knows how long in LA (as usual) while I was on my little Chunk, if I recall you were busy pleading with all incendiary to come along, then plucked some wildly exaggerated number from out of your head cos when I got onto borderlands especially UW bl there was not even half those numbers, but it was fun … moreso after the spawn camping had been dealt with.. you seemed to log off fairly early into it tho … perhaps you went to find more golems

I think you may find a lot of us are in WvW more than you, we just don’t feel the need to be joined at the hip with 20-30 others shouting choo choo from inside our golem suits
As for state of Underworld it is unfortunately that bad.. I have not know it to be so empty for 20+ hrs of the day, just ask the servers we have come up against this past 3 months, especially since Season 1 began, I am sure they are just as bored of hitting empty towers and chasing the butterflies instead …. having a decent size group for 2-3 hours across 7 days of matchup really doesn’t boast to much tbh, but fun is what we make it to be so good luck organising the next one.

I don’t know how to talk to people like you, even when something is a fact you will claim its not.

I had 55 players stacked on me and 10-20 more roaming at this point which was 8 minutes into the event. I was sitting in LA for 45mins sorting out my guild roster as we fill up rather quick while contacting other guild leaders and announcing the event in chat, since its a hub its the best place to do it

I announced in LA that we had an event, contacted a load of guild leaders and invaded home border, home was outmanned when I entered and full before half of the group made it in, at this point we sent the ET guild group and the rest of the other guilds who couldn’t get in to EB, 5 minutes later I was told that eb was full, so the rest went camp flipping on ranik. At this point we had capped hills and garrison on home and were organising for bay when Vcy arrived ;D

These are screenshots from early into the event on home, we did not use one golem so i am not sure where that comes from, and you can double your estimate of 30 to 60, no wonder reporting zergs is so bad on uw, you cant even count heads accurately :P

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ak3dMFk.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/aZjWfxI.jpg[/IMG]

So your illusion of not having half the numbers I claim is obviously far from the truth, and if oyu had come and visited our nice zerg it would have been pretty obvious… hell we had 50 players on teamspeak for the first time in months! which says plenty, i doubt 60% of the users were on teamspeak meaning a lot more came without going on ts.

I disconnected due to my buggy internet and couldnt get back into home due to the queue so I assigned another commander to my guild and left them too it, as it was a server event we rotate commanders every hour or so to give others a chance to command.

I hate golems, ive used them once in the last 2 months at least, so i dont know where this golem talk comes from, im a Rams and Catas kind of guy… its sort of my signature :P so i feel you didn’t actually join the event past the spawn or you would have known this.

My guild has daily wvw every day with on average 25 or so man zergs, we invite other guilds along and usually an extra 15 or so guys from other allied guilds join our events most days.

It may be only a few hours a day but its better than nothing, I command those events every other day usually myself after I get home from work.

I apologize to ranik and AG for having to see this, unfortunately on UW we have a problem with a minority of players like blood and luthan here known as “forum warriors” who spend their time slating the effort of everyone else on UW who are actually organising :P There are 2 kinds of people I find, those who whine nonstop about nothing being how they want, and those who actually do something about it :P im sure you can guess which of us 3 belongs in which group.

Underworld is not as bad as they make out, we just dont have the numbers for every map and enough players from other timezones to cover each timezone outside of peak. Also players with the attitude that theres no point trying dont help either :P

in Match-ups

Luthan.5236

I apologize to ranik and AG for having to see this, unfortunately on UW we have a problem with a minority of players like blood and luthan here known as “forum warriors” who spend their time slating the effort of everyone else on UW who are actually organising :P There are 2 kinds of people I find, those who whine nonstop about nothing being how they want, and those who actually do something about it :P im sure you can guess which of us 3 belongs in which group.

Underworld is not as bad as they make out, we just dont have the numbers for every map and enough players from other timezones to cover each timezone outside of peak. Also players with the attitude that theres no point trying dont help either :P

And I apologize to the other servers for having to read that crap you are writing here. You almost never are in WvW. Only sometimes to do an event… then posting everywhere “omg omg, I am the greatest, I did an event, I saved the server”. And that only because you like the attention and want the other people to thank you(same reason you made that Underworld Community website).

Reality is different: Nobody besides that 50-60 PvE players that joined to farm their achievements cares about these events. Now they did the achievements and we got some more PPT for few hours. Not helping that much. All the other days outmanned again. If you really want to do something make it a rule in your guild that all players have to play a few hours WvW every day(best at night when more people are needed). Not only some PvE events once every few weeks.

And nobody here is whining. I told already it was fun against Deso(when a lot of people still played and not only because of some PvE event). And we also where outmanned on all other maps besides EB. But the matchup still was fun. If I wanted to whine I would post “omg omg omg omg we are losing every matchup boring, even the fun matchup against Deso was not fun becaus we lose and losing always is not fun”.

The only one with a problem is you because you always try to tell everyone how great you and your events are.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Garrisyl.7402

Garrisyl.7402

Do you three absolutely have to kitten about each other in every single match-up thread? This isn’t the place to battle out whatever problems you seem to be having with each other. I’m sure you guys know what PM stands for. But I’m gonna tell you anyways, because your behavior proves me wrong. It stands for PERSONAL or PRIVATE MESSAGE. So if you have any personal issues with someone, send them a PM. Stop turning every match-up thread into walls of QQ about what you think of the other and his actions.

in Match-ups

Phoenix.3416

Yes, I have to post! :P But yea this is stupid, I dont care if you other two guys want to spam up the forum, but at least do it based off fact not random figures that come out of your butts :P youre giving uw a crappy name by claiming we are useless 24/7. UW is a big place, telling everyone else they suck isnt exactly good for morale is it? :P

Most of UWs wvw guilds were at yesterdays event, even though my guild is mixed focus its kinda nasty to call those guys pvers :P

The truth is most of the guys who get involved with our stuff have fun, thats all that matters to me you will forgive me AG but ill admit we arent up to your level, although it wont stop us trying ;D

Garri, for the record I dont care about those two, Im just bored of people slating underworld over and over when they dont try anything to improve the server. its what caused people to fall out in the first place and it drains on morale to see players claiming that the people who come to events are just pver noobs and not real wvwers when most of the servers wvw guilds are working together to improve the server.

Its like what we have in LA, random pvers shouting how wvw is crap when they barely play it or people slating guilds for trying to set up wvw events for no reason other than to be negative.

in Match-ups

Posted by: poepie.6570

poepie.6570

One does not simply touch the DO NOT TOUCH or else the touch might give you a touch of do not touch death. Which touches me because I like to touch the do not touch, but the do not touch didn’t want me to touch the do not touch which resulted my touch to become a touch of death…

kitten … That’s some touchy kitten man…

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

I will be having a bit more neutral approach to this than these three guys here

I know what Luthan and Bloodstealer means when they talk about dead server. Well it is and it is not. We are not even close to high pop even though that reads after out server name. You can see this pretty much everywhere. WvW, PvE and LA. Every place feels like a ghost town. Even if we are PvE server like everyone states, I want to give you all an example about this. After fractured patch, LA was never so full that people would have gone to overflow. I don’t think I have to say anything more about the population.

Now, while Roberts quick dashes into WvW doesn’t really do much overall, it does a lot to his own guild and to the prime time. We get people in and we have fighting stance, which is good. Now, I’m not saying we are doing good in WvW or anything, no. It’s a sad state the WvW scene is in UW. And Luthan, I can promise it wasn’t all PvE players in that zerg, hell you can see a quite few GuM people in there as well my lovely pink guardian face in Roberts party. And we weren’t the only WvW players on that event.

I could keep going on about this for a lot longer, but I stop here and drop TL;DR; edition for the lazy.

TL;DR:

• UW population is sad and quite heart breaking at the moment
  • Quick dashes don’t do that much good overall
  • Quick dashes rise morale a bit though on the casual players, though

PS. Why the hell you argue here

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in Match-ups

Phoenix.3416

You can either complain that UW doesnt have numbers or Pvers are in wvw :P not both or that doesnt really work very well :P

sure, 2 hours a night every day might not sound like a lot but we have what? 5 or so guilds meeting up to play wvw together most days then one or two days like monday where we get everyone we can to come too.

wvw isnt about points, its about taking something t3 from AG :P i have more fun capping than caring about my ppt against servers with 10x our numbers on primetime.

The current pop on uw sucks ill admit but theres not much we can do about it :P so id rather focus on ninjaing things from AG like on reset than caring out PPT against impossible odds

Its true our dashes dont do anything for PPT but thats because that was never the point of them, its about fun wvw events for everyone, doubling our guilds daily wvw players and helping smaller guilds get into wvw is more important that the whole PPT obsession, we are bottom ranked of silver league, of course this happened :P but who cares if we can make wvw fun

in Match-ups

Posted by: natsos.3692

natsos.3692

My turn.

We don’t have the coverage of any other Silver league servers, hell even on prime time our population is low.

We don’t have big WvW guilds that can pull events with 40-50 man zergs, like most of the Silver league servers

Getting steamrolled every week is driving more and more people away from WvW and not just PvErs.

We would possibly get steamrolled by Drakkar or RoS too.

I don’t know how bad all these things sound, or how bad some UW players thing they are, but I know one thing.
There are 4-5 guilds that are still on UW, trying to give you all good fights with all the bodies they can find and they will do everything to survive and keep the moral high.

When I command on UW borderlands I try to make it fun, and serious comes after that. Fun always comes first.

This is a promise, after the first season finishes and we get some air to breath UW will get back on it’s feet and rise again like we do every time(until we fall again but w/e), and then my fellow enemy servers, you will feel the power of Underworld once again

Thanks for reading my wall of text.
Soon™

Natsos, Necromancer
Officer of Spartians GR[SPGR]
Gandara EU

in Match-ups

Bloodstealer.5978

Yes, I have to post! :P But yea this is stupid, I dont care if you other two guys want to spam up the forum, but at least do it based off fact not random figures that come out of your butts :P youre giving uw a crappy name by claiming we are useless 24/7. UW is a big place, telling everyone else they suck isnt exactly good for morale is it? :P

Most of UWs wvw guilds were at yesterdays event, even though my guild is mixed focus its kinda nasty to call those guys pvers :P

The truth is most of the guys who get involved with our stuff have fun, thats all that matters to me you will forgive me AG but ill admit we arent up to your level, although it wont stop us trying ;D

Garri, for the record I dont care about those two, Im just bored of people slating underworld over and over when they dont try anything to improve the server. its what caused people to fall out in the first place and it drains on morale to see players claiming that the people who come to events are just pver noobs and not real wvwers when most of the servers wvw guilds are working together to improve the server.

Its like what we have in LA, random pvers shouting how wvw is crap when they barely play it or people slating guilds for trying to set up wvw events for no reason other than to be negative.

O dear, o dear RF… why do you constantly have to get your knickers in a twist as soon as someone disagrees with anything you say and always see things as a dig at you or your.. it’s not.
As another poster shared with you recently, there are players that have left UW to get away from you and your whines and I can see why now.. I never really understood their issues with you but its beginning to make sense now. Your hostile approach, name calling and poor assumptions don’t help things either.. (please don’t make me post out what you so colourfully called the players/guilds that have left us in your nice PM to me previously, even though you were parlez to much of the discussions and even gave them you blessings) – we get it your upset about the game as much as us and your trying to make things right, I applaud you, I really do… and have done on many occasions, yet still you write with such hostility.

Fact… UW is outmanned almost 100% of the time on every map.. just ask our current servers how they see it.. .. but you yet again misinterpret what others are saying.. it might be the worst state the server has been in but it doesn’t stop players like me and Luthan working hard to help and enjoy it.. but this week its been very hard to actually get past our own spawn areas until someone like yourself brings in a 30+ (for arguments sake) zerg for a few hours – and many of us are grateful, believe me.
UW is unfortunately a Bronze League server now trying to play up a level and it’s not working, at least not if your there solely for PPT and server pride, and I think we may even struggle a bit in Bronze next time round, but at least things might be a little more balanced in numbers, maybe.

FACT – I am in WvW probably 10x more in a week than you and across different times of the day (working for myself affords me this small luxury) and I have been here since the first sunrise… IMO it has never been this low on UW and (for my part at least) I haven’t dissed your efforts to get things moving, in fact try reading, I wished you luck with your next one.
One day you will wake up and realise its because of your constant chat blurb in LA and your attacks on here whilst still standing around in LA that actually causes a lot of the friction you say your fed up with (btw talking WvW isn’t playing WvW.. maybe that’s where you get confused?).
Look not everyone shares our enjoyment of WvW, I know that’s harsh to hear but hey deal with it. No matter how much spam you churn out, no matter how many names you call them and no matter what colourful picture you try to paint, they just don’t see WvW as important and likely don’t take as much pride in their guilds and server as you do… but you know what, that’s perfectly ok.

Now your golem rushes.. please, cmon at least try to see a smidge of humour in postings sometimes.. yet again you take it all to serious and totally the wrong way.. the tongue in cheek I wrote was merely joking about our wipe (yes me included) at hills a few nights back.. you know “aww we just needed 2 more golems for victory”… .. sheez you really need to lighten up a bit RF.

So best thing you can do is get over yourself, take a giant chill pill and go build me some golems to break through the AG spawn sieges (see what I did there RF, don’t be mad)

in Match-ups

Bloodstealer.5978

@Natsos, I ran in your group a few nights back and it was a decent hour or so of fun, a refreshing change following Friday reset.. shame the maps so quickly turn green though despite all our efforts.. dang you AG, cant you people sleep for 1 day!

in Match-ups

Bloodstealer.5978

@Paavotar,

I was there as well and I agree there was a mixed bunch for sure, but some old names and faces from more organised WvW guilds were there for sure.
For my part I don’t run zergwars that often as I prefer small group or solo action but at the same time I have no issues seeing Pugs made up of players from facets of the game, it’s not like we own any part of the game and at the moment having anyone show up in WvW is a bonus for UW… I am not sure why RF makes such a deal out of it tbh.

But I am absolutely sure those kind of numbers and events are a) very, very infrequent and b) still not even enough to fill one map and flip it to our colours and hold it like we used to… maybe our corner of EB or our own bl for a few hours a week…
If this week is anything to go by, the only reason we have flipped anything is because AG have let us as their own boredom threshold is crossed and they retreat back to base hoping we would make a push again so they have something to do again.. and it doesn’t take long for them to exact their authority once again.

in Match-ups

Posted by: demetrodon.1457

demetrodon.1457

please don’t make me post out what you so colourfully called the players/guilds that have left us in your nice PM to me previously, even though you were parlez to much of the discussions and even gave them you blessings)

I’d love to know that ! I hope UW turns high/med from very high so that non-blobby WvW raiding guilds could move in, form up a better fresh new community once the league is over. Pretty nice post from Natsos. Insane drama over and over again has brought upon this day. Anyway Underworld friends, see you next week ! Good luck !

Ex [FURY] [PunK] [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

Phoenix.3416

Hmm? you mean that im glad a number of toxic guilds left the server? yes UW had a number of toxic guilds in the past which have now gone, trolling dropped, the eb border divide is gone and the guys who are left are working together for uw.
I am really glad that minority are gone, it will be 1000x easier to speak to guilds who want to move without them around now.
Wvw Elitism dying out was the best thing that could have happened on UW and I wont claim I will miss the toxic guilds who brought it.
As i said before, you can either complain about numbers or that players came from pve :P not both.

We were mathematically short 2 golems, we thought it was amusing at the time since I hate golems and never know how many we need to take down a door.

I think we can accept that I am terrible at ignoring your comments by now, your humour isnt obvious via text no matter how obvious you think it is and your comments are actually more offensive than you seem to realise.
Since we obviously arent going to get on can I suggest you ignore my posts in any future thread? :P this seems to happen when i post about some fun we had and you declare how im wrong somehow, so you can be the bigger man and just ignore my posts since the way you post always looks like youre being nasty

For the rest of UW lets have some more fun tonight ;D natso can count the golems this time :P

I snipped like a billion paragraphs out of this for anyone who saw the old version :P

(edited by Phoenix.3416)

in Match-ups

Bloodstealer.5978

OK RF, it seems you really are hell bent on missing the fun out of everything people post.. you feeling you needed to clarify the golem comment only serves to proves the point. Add to that you miss when people actually pay you a complement or applaud your actions. And please as you seem to have reading issues.. tell where in my post s do I ever poke disdain at our PvE players, why would I as I actually have coming up to 10K AP’s myself, which kinda means I too play a lot of PvE, especially when tweaking builds or wanting polish up on some alts like my thief, which I am no coward in saying I simply suck at it and need the openworld in which to get better. I actually enjoy some of the PvE aspects, in fact its PvP I have no time for in this game but WvW brings a nice coming together of types of players.. and as I said we need as many as we can.

You keep harking on about toxic guilds, well it takes two sides to make arguments RF and your constant overreacting on here at players not remotely connected to any of the guilds that have left, unfortunately leads me to think its you that’s the toxic element because you take offence to anyone and anything that doesn’t share your love of the game, your guild and your server pride.
Maybe learn to rise above it and laugh along with it then maybe players might try harder for ya… don’t forget how we both came to speak in game.. your inundation of whispers to me detailing your dislike of another player/guild that wished gone because of some silly childish spat about your guild on this forum that you wanted to gather support about.

But ok for sake of not wanting to chance hurting your feelings further I wont post either for you or against you… unless I feel its deserving

in Match-ups

Luthan.5236

I think the toxic guilds he is talking about were helping the server most – more than his guild. I remember some Wolfstrike Thief guy that always was scouting and talking in chat about the enemy movement. I think he was from guild RAIN which left… and if we look at one of the previous matchup threads we see some nice conversation between him and members of RAIN. It seems there were a lot of personal problems between him and guild members of guilds that left. And I don’t think you can blame it all on the members of that guilds. That conversation about bounty on his head was fun to read. Lol.

And then talking about WvW elitism and the toxic guilds that brought it… I don’t know if this makes our server interesting for other guilds if there are guys like him. People want to play a bit serious and defend stuff and this is “elitism” then?

TL;DR:

• UW population is sad and quite heart breaking at the moment
  • Quick dashes don’t do that much good overall
  • Quick dashes rise morale a bit though on the casual players, though

What especially rises the moral is a fully upgraded keep at EB(and mayb if we can get a 2nd map with people a garrison at our home BL). I think some people learned to go WP first before fortify(which is waste of supply and takes ages). Still sometimes people do fortify first. We need to go for WP as soon as players are online to defend the corner… like in previous matchups where it worked(but there were more players online). Then you can go do some dashes… as long as it takes no people away from EB(if this was the case I’d better recommend to stay on EB and cap SM or something). Also I myself don’t think capping some stuff on enemy borderlands and then moving to next is much fun. Sure it is fun to reset some T3 stuff… but would be more fun then to upgrade it ourself and camp in there defending it for a long time(instead of moving to next thing on the map while eneme recaps the other).

And those “dashes” are only really fun with some fun commander. I know people(especially Bloodstealer) complain about Archi and how he often takes people away from other maps and supply and building golems. But he can motivate the people with chat and talking. It is more fun than reading RF in chat.

in Match-ups

Bloodstealer.5978

@Luthan.. A lot of what you write makes sense and knowing some members of the guilds that have left, I think your right there is bad blood and likely both have caused it, but tbh lately I can see why.

Misfits has spent a small fortune on EB this season doing just what you say, trying to build, fortify and siege up structures so that when we log off others have something to fall back on should there be little chance of taking the fight across EB or other maps.. map flipping to me is not fun, I admit that but others enjoy it.. however when there is nothing left on one map, or the odds stacked against us thenn it does make sense to try and draw pressure away.. but that’s not what has been happening and I think we both have seen the downsides to the effects…. leaving full T3 keeps/yowers etc to the mercy of the masses without a care ofr the time /costs invested can be frustrating and that’s been my beef with Archi and his “I will be the hammer train man one day” approach.. especially when said zerg hits resistance and he map flips to avoid a decent fight in favour of easy capping.

The strange thing is it was actually because of Archi and his tactics, command style and chat dialogue that RF actually made contact with me.. he was all pent up and frustrated due to some “toxic” conflict between them that overflowed onto the forums, which I actually posted a some agreement and support of him in – big mistake as I became a piggy in the middle neutral in the their bickerings , which is where my issue with Archi stemmed from originally. What RF seems to ignore is players actually do applaud him for his dedicated support of the server and his desire to get events/training going.. he just has a hard time seeing the funny side of things sometimes and comes out swinging when there isn’t a need.
As for Archi.. I will be the first to admit he has been putting some decent things together since his reappearance, maybe could of used him this week as he does now try hard to motivate not deflate players.
Its good to see players rallying around, but it doesn’t alter the fact that at the moment UW is in a state of flux and woefully outmatched every week in Silver but that issue isn’t something that we or RF or Archi can really fix until ANET bang heads together and starts taking some action to sort the imbalance issues out, its not easy for sure but tough issues require tough decisions and I think they either don’t want to do it or lack the dedication for WvW to do it.. time shall tell, lets hope the CDI brings it closer to fruition.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Spearox.4395

Spearox.4395

maybe you could explain your stealthing Necro please?

Dear iorlas,

Although the VcY Corporation™ has been silent for 2 days, we felt proper analysis of the issues presented can only be expected from any serious enterprise. We have now finalised our research and are ready to present you the results.

Specifically for you, the VcInquisition™ has gone through our employee base to identify the potential culprit. After proper investigation, we were unable to relate any of our active necromancers to any “stealth” event. As such, we are ready to conclude that we must have an invisible necromancer, as he did not appear to be visible in the guild roster, WvW, yesterday’s GvG activities or any aspect related to us. We will continue to monitor the situation and have informed all VcY members and allies to please watch where they run, in order not to cause potential bruises to our invisible helper. Also, we would like to remind you that our “Thief” stealth devices will be 33% off during the Christmas holiday week to welcome more pacifist players to the otherwise cruel WvW environment.

We did, however, spot that one of our Asura necromancers had an uncanny talent to analyse Norn anatomy from below, especially of those wearing the curtain-ornamented T3 heavy armour. Said individual provided a strong defence: “I was checking if they already released the bikini skin.” and corporate lawmen have validated this as a plausible explanation not in direct violation with company policies. We are currently considering our future options in this case.

We are also investigating the recent activities of one affiliate branch in the VcY holding. We have been made aware by employees that VcTechnologies™ is conducting “savage” experiments not covered by corporate insurance. Reports of trebuchet-driven cow flights are well-documented and the VcY holding is currently looking into Asura claims of being “tossed around like a ball by hammer-wielding barbarians that clearly need a bath”.

VcTechnologies™ flight expert Caiconardo da Vinci, our resident scientist, has recently proposed the use of wings as a more humane means of obtaining airlift, citing the movement of doves as his source of inspiration. Our VcAir™ initiative is currently not yet in the open testing phase, but you can stay updated about all our latest activities and major scientific advances by following our corporation on Twitter @VelocityEU.

For now, we will release the image below as preliminary promotional material and advise everyone to not use the unsafe and overpriced Charr helicopters or Asuran airships as personal transportation means. (Remember Orr!)

World’s first self-propelled Guardian flight attempt!

VcY does not condone, support or fund any hacks, cheats or acts that violate ArenaNet’s TOS and we strive to maintain this policy. If you do have clear evidence (e.g. videos), please send them to our guild leader (Caic) or me.

Kind regards,
Ax

(edited by Spearox.4395)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dranul.2094

Dranul.2094

As to stealthing Necro – aside from runes. It could of been mistaken for a teleporting Necro. There is an ability or 2, one much less obvious and can be pre planned for a 1200ft (or more but that’s the obvious one). Dissappearing off your screen, then noticing him several seconds later further away, does not necessarily mean stealth. Teleport is king. Apologies for putting forward a sensible argument, I do enjoy reading the above and co’s answers, long may they continue.

Dranul – Guild Leader – The Unlikely Plan [TUP]
Aurora Glade EU
http://theunlikelyplangw2.guildlaunch.com

in Match-ups

iorlas.6721

lol..thats one heck of a post There was no thief.
Thanks for investigating,you found nothing untoward i’m fine with that,i do know what i saw but lets leave it there, no point in kicking up any more about one silly incident.
Good luck in your future matches.

in Match-ups

Bloodstealer.5978

@Spearox….
I have to say, if anything I have to applaud you on your very thorough process and due diligence… and as Iorlas has said we see what we see but heck when you put such excellent facts and stoty telling who the heck cares about some mysterious sightings… I will say this though, having managed to get a group of us to try and clear those pesky spawn camping balistsa bamming VcY it was noticeable of your both your individual skills and group organisation, for that I wholeheartedly bow very low.

Hope to see you guys again this matchup, good fights win or loose are what make matchups this out of balance worth turning up for.

I will second iorlas’s words and wish you well onwards… and please keep posting those snippits, they are worth a thousand smiles

in Match-ups

iorlas.6721

AG…do you really need 30+ to camp xroads exit?

in Match-ups

Posted by: ClanSilmarillion.4091

ClanSilmarillion.4091

VII, spawn camping UW pugs at xroads. Is THAT the only challenge you could find? Bravo, please accept my compliments for your überness….

@UW (guess not for long)