Finally! The beauty coming back to life

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Long dead southsun cove is coming back to life in 14th of May. Who else is super happy with this amazing event.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/may-14-2013/

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Im glad as well. Its a chance for them to renew the zone, to polish it. It really needs a meta event or 2, and some more dynamic events. Or a dungeon. Karka dungeon????

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The text style and wallpaper reminds me of Indiana Jones movies…

I’m glad that Southsun’s getting content, I’m just hoping that most of it remains because unlike Wayfarer and Diessa, Southsun NEEDS more content to it. As it is, it’s just 2 jumping puzzles (albeit one is fun) and then just a bunch of standard mob farming. With way too much aggro of enemies that are tough to kill solo (the adult karka).

My complaint, however, is that I’ll be out of town for its beginning (maybe even its whole…). ~_~

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

Sunshine is amazing but to empty atm. It nead more content. Same goes for some other parts of tyria. I would like to see some permanent stuff and maybe a small town nothing fancy just some adventuring stuff.
Did i noticed a may 14 in the link title as release date ? Yes so soon
The wallpaper is amazing. But she kinda looks like a thief in that one.
What do you thing is the cause of revolt and animal miss behaviour ?

I blame the consortium.

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Im glad as well. Its a chance for them to renew the zone, to polish it. It really needs a meta event or 2, and some more dynamic events. Or a dungeon. Karka dungeon????

Unless the dungeon is soloable, no. I’m sick of being forced to party to complete content.

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Unless the dungeon is soloable, no. I’m sick of being forced to party to complete content.

People cant solo veteran karka, well anyway its pretty hard. Now imagine swarm of silver karkas, could that be soloable?

Posted by: Sinned.8419

Sinned.8419

Nothing says summer is almost here like a trip to Southsun! Better get your sun screen lotion!

Guild Wars 2 Machinimas and Let’s Plays found at www.youtube.com/delusionalquester

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

Does it really take that much energy to type in map chat “LFG” or “LFxM dungeon” or just typing into the party invitation pane “character name” and clicking join to a person looking for more? Or is it because you just don’t like playing with other people, because if that’s the case it baffles me that you’re playing an MMO like GW2, where the entire world is based upon cooperation.

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

Nothing says summer is almost here like a trip to Southsun! Better get your sun screen lotion!

And if you step on a wave rider and get stung, be sure one of your friends is there to pee on you!

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Does it really take that much energy to type in map chat “LFG” or “LFxM dungeon” or just typing into the party invitation pane “character name” and clicking join to a person looking for more? Or is it because you just don’t like playing with other people, because if that’s the case it baffles me that you’re playing an MMO like GW2, where the entire world is based upon cooperation.

GW2 appealed to me because it allowed you to do group content without forming a party. I have no desire to beg 4 other people to run me through a dungeon because I am too weak to complete it on my own. I never had to party to complete dungeons in GW1. Why should I be forced to in GW2?

Posted by: HyJinx.4896

HyJinx.4896

this is not gw1?

Posted by: wookiee.4631

wookiee.4631

Oh yeah, I’m super excited for this one, and really glad to see it set to be released so early. F&F wore out on me after a while, but I’m confident that Anet is going to take what they learned and The Secret of Southsun will be a good release. Can’t wait for all the new content!

Guild: Northern Wolf Clan [WOLF]

Posted by: Danomeon.3201

Danomeon.3201

Yeah, I felt like southsun cove was heavily underutilized. I was so excited when it first came out, and after the gigantic karka was slain I was disappointed to find that the interesting new environment had nothing around it to encourage players to stick around. I hope this will remedy that!

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

So glad to see it coming back. Hopefully they’ll make a balance pass and reduce health / population / SOMETHING on Veteran Karka though.

It’s entirely possible I’m just not good enough, but those things were a massive pain to deal with 1v1, and tended to be everywhere.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Southsun has been badly in need of new content since it was released. I’m looking forward to visiting it again and seeing what’s been changed.

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

Only just realised that this is a may 14th patch…

Does this mean living world updates will be bi-weekly now? Thats awesome news if so. Now all we need is for southsun to be completely filled with incredible content, most of which remaining in tyria after the story arc is complete.

Its interesting that theres a mysterious something riling the wildlife up (karka), does this give room in the lore for the wildlife to remain highely active after banishing this mystery? Thus giving the locals a permanent headache and a permanent reason to have us players around? Or would that seem alot less epic in story context?

With the new leaked weapon set aswell, a new dungeon is looking like a real possibility. I hope that it doesnt count for the story conclusion… that would seem too similar to F+F and bear many risks with it… But lets not get into the whole temporary thing, or i may get bored of myself.
If there was a way to introduce the dungeon through the story, yet have that as a permanent sideline, like the crab toss (at least i hope thats perma) that would make me and alot of the playerbase happy.
As for the conclusion, id personally love to see a massive meta event, covering the whole zone which cummulates into something vindicitive of the first karka event (obviously taking on the lessons learnt from that experience). You could have multiple world bosses firing off for a few weeks all part of this continual chain. Although, id have no clue how to reward appropriately.

After the communities varied response to F+F, its going to be interesting seeing how anet play this one.

Posted by: New Character Yo.6487

New Character Yo.6487

GW2 appealed to me because it allowed you to do group content without forming a party. I have no desire to beg 4 other people to run me through a dungeon because I am too weak to complete it on my own. I never had to party to complete dungeons in GW1. Why should I be forced to in GW2?

Almost everyone is too weak to complete dungeons solo so you’re not alone. And you’re not begging if you’re forming a group…. Dunno how it could be begging… 5 people mutually forming a group to complete a dungeon is cooperation. Not begging. It’s fine that you don’t like to party up with people, but you make it sound so bad if you party up with others….

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Welcome to life. If meeting people really makes you sick, you probably never leave the house right? There’s almost nothing in life you can finish on your own.

Group content is the most fun in games, and though it could be better with a large group event, no one wants the november 15th disaster again.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

I can’t believe that people would complain about group content in an online game… I mean that’s the whole point of it being online right? Otherwise it would just be another console game (which is changing too). Whats so wrong with being a little social; it’s not even like you really have to talk to anyone in 90% of dungeon runs. I don’t mean that it’s good to have everything be instanced grouped content, but the ratio of instance group content to open world “no need for a group” stuff is great so far.

On topic:

I think it would be cool to have a new dungeon, some new meta events, etc.; Southsun is really in need of some more content to liven it up a bit. A new dungeon would be nice, but I do hope they don’t forget about open world events.

Posted by: Jam.4521

Jam.4521

If the dungeon is anywhere near as fun as the Flame and Frost one then Ill be first in line for it.

I’m glad they are adding content here, as I missed the big event to open the place there really hasn’t been any other incentive for me to go there so I’ve barely explored it, looking forward to having a reason to go play there.

BOOM

Posted by: Goldrock.9076

Goldrock.9076

Not all that hard to form a group neither since their is no trinity to doin a dungeon.

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Every post I see has you saying that you dont want others to have to CARRY you through a dungeon, are you really bad at the game and embarassed or something or do you have some kind of condition where you can only talk on forums and not in real time?

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

well, it seems like it’s going to go back to being dead as soon as the update ends, as ANet will be removing the content (new activity included) from the island once the living story there expires.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I hope we get a southsun themed dungeon, it was the best part of F&F. I’m also hoping we start moving back to the dragon story lines.

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

Is the woman wearing a Consortium outfit? Her shirt has blue and gold on it.

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

I know I am! (The wallpaper looks cool too!)

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Not all that hard to form a group neither since their is no trinity to doin a dungeon.

and with gw2lfg.com finding groups is stupid easy, no matter the dungeon. I’ve literally formed groups for fotm 26 runs in under a minute with that website.

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Yes it kittening does because people start asking other questions. I don’t have time to waist. When I just want to play.

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

8 Dungeons, Fractals, 3 Limited Time Dungeons < 25 Explorable Zones, Full Personal Story.

We have hundreds of hours of soloable content (first time runs of each zone can take many hours depending on region) and the entire personal story is soloable as well (minus Zhaitan). So far there’s very little required group content to get the full story. I highly recommend just making friends and then you don’t have to pug with random people. Otherwise, if it bothers you that much either suck it up or find another game that is entirely soloable. There are many RPG’s without the MMO.

EDIT: I do not think it would be fair for ArenaNet to completely stop the creation of dungeons because of a few anti-social people (note: I am extremely anti-social in RL). Each new piece of content should continue to add content to the game for the whole diverse group of people that love playing this game, which includes people who love doing dungeons but want to add some variety to their runs. We need new dungeons, new crafting recipes, new jumping puzzles, new dynamic events and all that stuff to keep players of all types coming back to the game.

(edited by Narcemus.1348)

Posted by: starwatto.4527

starwatto.4527

I am really happy about bringing Southsun back to life, because I’ve missed most of the Karka content last year, and I really don’t find going around alone funny, since the Southsun is pretty dead for last few months. Looking forward to see many people fighting Karka monsters again!

Casually hardcore since 2012
Aurora Glade
[rddt]