Little letter to Anet

Little letter to Anet

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Ivy Thunder Goddess.5723

Ivy Thunder Goddess.5723

Hi all players and anet workers im a player who love the franchise since guild wars 1 times, you can track my name and account since lot years back, this little letter is not complain nor triying to be aggressive just to show my sadness toward a detail i think is somehow making me decide to stop playing my beloved game and stop supporting it, and what is the thing? is a simple one the crabtoss temporarly achivements specially the crabtastics and top crab champion, both very hard to obtain for a limited time mini game, i mean if i knew they would be back that wouldnt be bad at all since someday with luck i could get them but knowing my achievemtns tab is ruined just because i dont have enough luck to get it sadness me, i agree with living story but making achievemtns that disrupt ur tab forever reminding u cant get em again makes me feel uncomfortable, i know lot of you will say goodbye to me and all other maybe will agree with how i feel i dunno i just wanted to sahre my decision about this, ill try all the event to obtain them as i have been doing for 3 days but at end if i dont get em or notice the achievements will be back, with sad of my heart i will say goodbye to this nice game.

From a beloved guild wars player just wanted to sahre my feelings hope nobody gets insulted. bless you all

Little letter to Anet

Posted by: starwatto.4527

starwatto.4527

I don’t get your point. You’re sad and you want to stop playing because of temporary content? Well… as you said, goodbye. Temporary content is the essence of Guild Wars 2, if you don’t like it, I guess there is no other solution for you. Good luck in other games.

Casually hardcore since 2012
Aurora Glade
[rddt]

Little letter to Anet

Ivy Thunder Goddess.5723

is not temporary content what is bad for me what is bad is that temporary content leaves marks on ur character forever and those marks are empty slots reminding u u couldnt get them, u need to understand not all players can play for hours to get achievemnts

Little letter to Anet

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

So it sounds like what you really need is an option to hide uncompleted achievements that are not and will never again be available. (And I’m not sure that will be the case for the crab toss game – it strikes me as quite likely to become a seasonal or even permanent item.)

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Little letter to Anet

Posted by: Kasaeva.4691

Kasaeva.4691

I think they should archive achievements from completed events that are not returning to the game. They’re not achievements new players can ever hope to earn because the events have come and gone. Why should a new player have to look at achievements they can’t earn? Especially since they won’t know they can’t earn them because they’re new. Not to mention, the achievement group list is getting really long and it’s hard to find the group you’re looking for amongst all the mess. They should just put all the groups from events that are forever gone into one group that drops down into a list of the groups if you want to look at them.

~Kasaeva
Sea of Sorrows

Little letter to Anet

Ivy Thunder Goddess.5723

yes i hope they make it permanent i mean is nicer to make things hard to achieve but still achievable someday someway instead of making players pay fro not having th eluck or time to play hours

Little letter to Anet

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

First of all, if I have understod the previous Living Story, that content may be active again in the future and so I guess it’s the same for The secrets of Southsun cove.

And another way to se it, it’s almost a full month left before this event might vanish so you will have enough time to get your achivements.

I have managed to win champion for every daily and I am pretty sure I have gotten Crabbtastic more than once and I have only played Crabb toss for accumilated time about 2-3 hours, but what is important is that you play it for fun and not trying to aim for achivements and most important is to learn the best way to play crabbtoss and I guess for each passing day there will be more and more players who like crabbtoss and learn how to win.

Last but no least, I understand the frustraiton about having unfinnished achievments but I know I won’t get all achievments how hard I try but it’s not a reason to stop playing the game I love.

Maby you should pause and re-think why you love this game and if it is worth stop playing becouse a few achiements.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Little letter to Anet

Posted by: Aarean.5398

Aarean.5398

I know exactly what you mean with the holes in your achievements. Ive done all so far. My best advice. Practice hard at crab toss while you can. You will get the achievemet if you put your mind to it. Then you’ll have your sigh of relief!

Little letter to Anet

Ivy Thunder Goddess.5723

ye i got the crabtastic and the champion one today but still feel like they should not add content this way i mean i love world changes and living story but they should let a way to achieve minis,skins ans titles fro those events in someway and plus i think they could get more money from it is just my feelings since in guild wars 1 they added way to achieve everything achievable and that felt very nice it felt like an all inclusive game not an exlcusive one who discriminates lot between players who have luck and those without time just my feelings and wanted to sahre with the community

Little letter to Anet

Posted by: Scoompoof.4657

Scoompoof.4657

No offense, but i couldnt disagree more. I want achievements that push you. I’ll go ahead and give you the http://www.merriam-webster.com's definition of Achievement.
1: the act of achieving : accomplishment

2a : a result gained by effort
b : a great or heroic deed

Accomplishment. Do you really feel Accomplishment when something is just given to you? I can see where you are going with this, and you said you are a GW1 veteran, so why do you have time to grind for hours and hours for titles in GW1, but you dont have a few hours to play a crab mini game.

I’m in a Guild called Achievements Matter and chasing Achievements and Titles are something we LOOOOOVE to do. I love being a part of that exclusive group that played during the Secret of Southsun, even if it isn’t so exclusive at this very moment. Three years down the road and I show off that Crabgrabber title, it means something. It means I put in the effort to obtain it, and long time Vet’s will recognize that. It wasn’t just given to me like Combat healer hahaha.

Much love!

Little letter to Anet

Posted by: Jakeism.8136

Jakeism.8136

“crabtastics and top crab champion” made me laugh. They should rename those acheivements to that.

I see what you mean. Its unfair to people that like to complete every achievement but started the game late or was busy.

Maguuma
The Nature Boys [nb]

Little letter to Anet

Posted by: Captain.1348

Captain.1348

ye i got the crabtastic and the champion one today

Really glad you got them Hope my post helped you out ^^

Little letter to Anet

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

is not temporary content what is bad for me what is bad is that temporary content leaves marks on ur character forever and those marks are empty slots reminding u u couldnt get them, u need to understand not all players can play for hours to get achievemnts

These living story events are around for about a month at a time, I got all my achievements aside from the crab toss activity in about two hours…. you have plenty of time to earn them, if you miss out then it’s sorta to bad. I heard any living story achievements you didn’t complete actually get removed off the list so you don’t have to look at them forever.

I realize the achievement aspect for you, but do you realize there is 14 achievement points that are repeatable every single day? Plus 110 each monthly. What you are stating about missing some content is about the same if you missed ONE daily. Any new player right now that wants to seek #1 achievements (9100+ points) would have to hope the top players in the game quit/stop doing dailies etc. so they can catch up. You can only get so many one time achievements, the daily achievements/limited content are what REALLY matter if you seek #1. The system is actually great, it shows who is a veteran and who isn’t/quit for periods of time.

If a rank 1 achievement player quit during this living story, he would lose out on roughly 340 achievements from daily, 110 from monthly, and over 200 achievments from the living story allowing others to move up in the lead.

I wouldn’t quit over it, it just shows you (the titles/gear etc.) how long you’ve been playing, every game has that in a sense, WoW even removed a lot of content making certain items very unique like the Amani Warbear.

(edited by Osi.3504)

Little letter to Anet

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I see this sort of post a lot

“My achievements tab will be forever sullied by X missing achievement because Y”

Think about the word “Achievement”

What does it really mean? Is it a checkbox on a list of things you should be guaranteed to have, or is it actually a measure of something you went out of your way to achieve?

What do you need it for? Bragging rights? Completion?

Everyone being essentially given every title and achievement just makes Achievements and titles meaningless and boring. i believe everyone should have a fairly easy shot at souvenier items like backpacks, gloves, and other such things, certain cosmetics should be almost given away as a reward just for playing the content as a souvenier of that leg of the living story.

Achievements and Titles? These have no function other than to prove you went above and beyond. Asking to structure them so that you don’t ever have to go above and beyond to acquire them just makes the entire system a pointless collection of numbers and text.

Why have leaderboards if you’re just handing out achievement points? Why have titles if almost everyone has the same selection for doing a collection of simple tasks?

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

(edited by PopeUrban.2578)