Add high-heeled designs for footwear / boots / shoes / armor...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bloodlust.3672

Bloodlust.3672

Please add high-heeled designs for footwear / boots / shoes / armor. We know they’re unrealistic in combat but this is a fantasy game and they look great for female characters.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hmmm this would be nice.
sarah kerrigan had high heels too.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Some of the light Armors already have high heels- the winged set and the feathered set comes to mind.

Gunnar’s Hold

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caramel Ham.4891

Caramel Ham.4891

true, but we need more…MUCH more!

and while they are at it, please add more armor designs. For a game that is basically an outfit simulator….there really arent many outfits.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GADefence.5634

GADefence.5634

There weren’t really that many outfits in GW1 until some of the xpacs came in. I expect we’ll get outfit specific xpacs in this game to keep us going.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Joiry.2504

Joiry.2504

I’d support this if it was optional and if they let the female characters wear the male versions of their armors (obviously with slight modifications for body shape changes), then and only then would it be acceptable.

However, the sexism in a lot of the female versions of armor is too much already. Adding in something as terrible as high heels would make it worse, unless there was a credible option to have sensible shoes/boots alternative skins.

Currently, most of the less-bad sexist armors are only low level, and fairly bland (in terms of textures and detailing). Lack of “sexy” armor for females is not a problem – see most any high level set. For example, the tier 3 human medium – basically Vegas hooker uniform.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ameretat.7354

Ameretat.7354

I’d support this, provided they were just ‘optional extras’ for skins, I mean some people like them, some don’t. What’s the harm of including them for those that DO like them?

in Suggestions

Posted by: kitanas.3596

kitanas.3596

charr

/thread

in Suggestions

Posted by: evolverzilla.2359

evolverzilla.2359

I´m trying to imagine my female charr ranger with high heels. Really try this. and imagine their movement, running or fighting.

Really. Try this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Not just charr. What about the asura? There would be absolutely no way they could balance themselves in high heels.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: evolverzilla.2359

evolverzilla.2359

I don´t have any azuran female char, but now that you say… Yeah.

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

Make them cosmetic only. Or, if you make them for combat, throw in a stability modifier. Let the silly kitten fall on her kitten a few times in combat.

This message was brought to you by a Kitten Who Wears High-heeled Shoes

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

IMHO, they need to unlock armor appearances completely. Stat’s they can keep associated to professions but skins, they should be applicable to everyone. Then as you asked, more…. much more!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hellmood.2097

Hellmood.2097

I’d support this if it was optional and if they let the female characters wear the male versions of their armors (obviously with slight modifications for body shape changes), then and only then would it be acceptable.

However, the sexism in a lot of the female versions of armor is too much already. Adding in something as terrible as high heels would make it worse, unless there was a credible option to have sensible shoes/boots alternative skins.

Currently, most of the less-bad sexist armors are only low level, and fairly bland (in terms of textures and detailing). Lack of “sexy” armor for females is not a problem – see most any high level set. For example, the tier 3 human medium – basically Vegas hooker uniform.

Really, that’s wrong. Check out light dungeon armor for example: http://www.gw2armor.com/norn/female/light_list.php
3 out of 8 show any cleavage. 1 out of 8 shows ANY sign of legs.

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

High heels! But give minus -50% move speed in Sparkfly Fen and other swampy areas such as recently resurfaced seafloor places.

I for one agree with the suggestion of high heels, for the mere fact that I loved them on my gw1 ele.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zoe.8310

Zoe.8310

Oh yes!!

+1000 :-)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

gods no. I’m glad that this ISN’T one of the slew of games with high heeled streetwalker armor like Tera.

As someone who actually HAS worn high heals, you would be kitten hard pressed not to destroy your ankle in LA, let alone Caladon or Orr.

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Put it in Town clothings.

My human could look prettier.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Suggestions

Posted by: deviljho.7103

deviljho.7103

please add some nice high heels. I would buy them if they were in the Diamond shop and many useres too

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

Are people really worried with how hard would be to walk? And give speed debufs? The Winged set has high heels already.
As for realism there are MUCH bigger fish to fry, every time you get killed you WP to life, 100’s of times, an Ettin smashes a club on your head an all you get is knocked down, there’s a health bar…

Having said all that the real problem is creating the assets.
We’ve been getting gloves helmets and shoulders because…? They’re easy to adapt between races.

Excluding Human & Sylvari, the playable races have very different body shapes.
So for a chest piece you have 4 races (joining the 2 alike) x 2 genders x 3 armor classes, and that’s not even counting the slight different body types on the character creator, I remember I had a female human engi that had a lot of clipping problems.
Do all the math and for 1 chest piece you provably have hundreds of variations that have to be molded.

If we do get the Tengu I’m guessing legs and shoes are gonna be automatically hidden, possibly even gloves.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

This thread died eleven months ago…

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zoe.8310

Zoe.8310

This thread died eleven months ago…

And I am glad it is being addressed once again ;-)