Giant Slayer (achievement) - is this a joke?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

Please make more Giants in GW2, just like every other creature type so we can complete this achievement reasonably, or at least adjust this to include counting risen giants.

To complete the Giant Slayer achievement we must kill 1,000 giants, which would be fine normally, but unlike other creature types Giants do not appear in masses, there are only 3 places in tyria that spawn one giant each time.
(http://dulfy.net/2013/05/13/gw2-slayer-achievements-guide/)
With a full party and an estimated 6 minute cooldown on one of the scalable Giant summoning events, they say you can get 4 giants spawning.

Sure, if you have 4 other friends who like you, won’t need to sleep, eat or rest and play 24/7 for several months, you may be able to finish this achievement.

I can’t imagine many people in the world (if any?) have actually tried to complete this ridiculous achievement.

Either something was cancelled in development which was going to bring giants into the world of gw2 or this is devs trolling us, either way it’s not cool a year on to leave this oversight in the game.

Please adjust.

thank you.

Attachments:

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

(edited by Vashoom.8512)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I hope they do add more giants. I have 2 categories left, plants and giants. Plants I’ve been slowly working on but giants, not so much. It essentially requires you to do that one event repeatedly. If you average 2 giants a day (not likely in the long run) this would take 500 days.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Perhaps they will add a region with giants in an expansion.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!