I have seen you! I'll rez you!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

When u see a dead or downed player u can see them on the minimap… It would be great if ther icon was klickable so that one can signal to that player that u have seen them and are on your way. I have seen people teleport away many times when I’m on my way to rescue them. Costs money and might make it difficult to reach the spot where u were again…

Kima & Co

in Suggestions

Posted by: HarrisonLewis.6781

HarrisonLewis.6781

Yeah I have experienced this a lot. I try to target them and send them a whisper but by the time I’ve typed ‘stay th’ they’ve usually gone. Even from the other perspective I would like to know if someone had spotted me and was coming to help out. Nice idea.

“Humans believe they are the only intelligent race. They are wrong. I wish I
could teach them to open their eyes, but as the saying goes, ‘There are those
who can awaken, and those who are doomed to sleep.’” Talon Silverwing, 1078 AE

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weebitt.3157

Weebitt.3157

As one who will go out of my way to rez, and waits to be rezzed as long as I deem reasonable; I would love this option in the game. One reason is there is no way to tell how many people are in the region you are playing in, or where anyone is located to see if a rez could be possible. There could be a 100 people near me or no one in the zone at all. Please make this possible.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Muffin.5208

Muffin.5208

Yes PLS !!
I also have tried my hardest so many times to help players, only to see them revive just because I couldnt tell them im omw.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bil.6354

Bil.6354

I strongly agree with this suggestion.

And as Weebitt said: A tool to see players in our region. Showing them on radar just like in wvwvw would be fine for me, being able to select them from there marvelous.

in Suggestions

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Oh yes.
Even something easy, like on icon-click automatically switching on whisper to the downed player would help immensely.
I´m really fed up running to some guy and he is suddenly gone.

Though to be fair it´s often their own fault too.
I have yet to see a polite ask for a rez in mapchat. Again everybody seems to think they are paying an hourly subscription or something and just haven´t got the time.

Jeez.

Polish > hype

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hycinthus.6483

Hycinthus.6483

Oh yes.
Even something easy, like on icon-click automatically switching on whisper to the downed player would help immensely.
I´m really fed up running to some guy and he is suddenly gone.

Though to be fair it´s often their own fault too.
I have yet to see a polite ask for a rez in mapchat. Again everybody seems to think they are paying an hourly subscription or something and just haven´t got the time.

Jeez.

I have politely asked for rez in mapchat, because I died about 5 feet away from the new waypoint, and my last waypoint was half a map away.

Therefore, I just asked kindly if anyone is close to the new waypoint to rez me. And sure enough suddenly 5-6 people teleported and arrived

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Now this i love. That would be awesome to click on someones icon to tell them someone’s coming. too often i was completing a map seeing someone was downed ran up and just before getting there they ported. smh

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

Make it so when someone clicks on the icon the down player gets a message that someone is coming to save him, like when someone rezzes while at the map and it says that a kind soul is saving you. I wouldn’t like it if my name was given too since I might end up not getting there for some reason (maybe he died trying to solo a champ) and then they could start bothering me.

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Suggestions

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

What a great idea! I would love to see a map-clickable “I see you, on my way!” message implemented!

EDIT: I’m the kind of person who would probably travel well out of their way to come rez someone, so it might also be a good idea for the map icon to change color after someone has clicked on it so that you can tell at a glance someone is already responding to the defeated player.

That way you don’t have to stop what you’re doing and get halfway to the defeated player only to have them rezzed by someone else. If you see a defeated player on the map and can tell that someone has already responded to them, you can stay where you are and keep playing.

(edited by minbariguy.7504)

in Suggestions

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

This idea is pretty nifty and I’ve been in similar cases where I’m running up to someone down on the map but esc out by the time I get there. Most of the time it’s no big deal, but if I’m the only one around, and on my way to elsewhere.. it’s kind of take or leave. (Stop and help out, possibly get swarmed by mobs myself when they’ll likely Xout – or don’t bother).

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shadowlancer.7102

Shadowlancer.7102

Folks, this idea is bad, I can see alot of “Mean” people trolling this function and also due to “Bot” issues, they could ruin this as well.

Please come up with a better way.

in Suggestions

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

Folks, this idea is bad, I can see alot of “Mean” people trolling this function and also due to “Bot” issues, they could ruin this as well.

Please come up with a better way.

Actually, now that you mention people could troll this feature, I have to retract my suggestion that the map icon should indicate whether or not anyone had responded to the defeated player. I can totally see some people being jerks and clicking the map to mark the player as responded to just so that no one else would bother to respond, and then running off and leaving the defeated person laying on the ground. This would actually completely undermine the entire feature suggested by the OP. Oops. My bad.

I hate when I continuously underestimate the capacity of other human beings to be complete tools.

But as for the original suggestion, I’m still in favor of it. I really don’t think it would be trolled that badly.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shadowlancer.7102

Shadowlancer.7102

@ minbariguy.7504

My comment wasn’t just directed to you, it was for everyone on this thread. I know how cruel people can be and many if not all the ideas mentioned on here, can be trolled and abused.

People are just going to have to ask politely on /map chap to rez them, as long as they can indicate where they are at, correctly that is.

And no do not suggest the idea for people to mark on map for all players to see it, this can be trolled and I promise you gold advertisers would mark the map to put a gold ad that way.

(edited by Shadowlancer.7102)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

Yep I definitely think this would be a good idea, half the time I go to rezz someone and they are gone before I get there and the other half I don’t bother because I’m convinced they won’t be there by the time I get there.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Suggestions

Posted by: Voonith.2561

Voonith.2561

I’m always happy to go out of my way to help revive other players, and have seen this happen many times. I’d definitely like a quicker way to let people know I’m on the way and that they shouldn’t waste their coin.

I also agree that it would be nice to be able to see who is around (like WvW) during PvE as well. We’re supposed to be playing together, massively multiplayer, why can’t we see players on our mini-map?

All’s fair in love and Wuv.
[ART] Gate of Madness

in Suggestions

Posted by: judeobscure.2537

judeobscure.2537

really good idea
+1

its hard to remember we’re alive for the first time
its hard to remember we’re alive for the last time

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

Just because someone has pinged you on the mini map doesn’t have to mean you would disappear from everyone’s sight. Just make it so if someone pings it, it alerts the downed player that a good soul is on their way.

You think this function is going to bring players that like to troll more full front, lol. I have seen players stand there watch me die and then /laugh and run off calling me a noob. Trolls can be dealt with, and no matter the mechanic or lack there of they will show up. If so one trolls you like I got trolled then announce in Map chat what the persons name is and what they did, I have when a player left me to die like that. The whole map ignored him and refuse to ever help them. At this point in time GW2 community is descent, and usually does not accept griffers or trolls very politely.

I even so much as seen some kid trolling in map about something stupid just a few days ago… most people had either ignored him or acted like they did, he went on for hours. Finally we had about 30 – 40 minutes of silence form his stupidity, then we all get people on GW2 suck no one wants to help me in this or that instead you just stand there and watch me die. About 6 people responded with maybe next time you will not try and troll map chat then.

On a lasting note I have noticed that Boting and Gold farming adds have gone to non exsistant in the past few weeks. A Net has done a great job thus far, if you think a system like this is going to make it accessible for Gold Farmers to spam their websites Like in WoW…. we already have Icons that display on the mini map, if they wanted to they could have done that already

in Suggestions

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Yeah I like it. I’ve been in the situation where I went out of my way to rez someone and just as I got there, the person respawned…sighhhh

Perhaps right click on fallen team mate in mini-map, left click (On my way to revive you). This sends the message to the fallen one, he gets it and a shiny dot appears on the mini-map with your position. That way the fallen one can see how far away you are, which direction and whether its worth the hassle.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I like this idea. Both as somebody who goes to rez people and as somebody who’s died before and wondered if anybody was going to come help.

Of course, there are situations where somebody has died in a spot that I can’t get to without dying myself. In that case, you’re on your own.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

I like this idea, I’m always willin’ ta run off an’ help some bleeder what got himself scrapped, but they disappear so fast that it’s usually not worth tryin’ unless they’re the way I’m goin’ anyway. (or close ta it)

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: luchifer.6401

luchifer.6401

at least let us right click on the downed icon.. so we can whisper him that we are on our way.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Batlav.6318

Batlav.6318

thats a good idea will be nice if the dead player know that help is coming and to wait instead to use WP waste money and then run back to where he is going

SFR

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

This would be cool since both me and my husband goes “Ohhh dead guy, lets go get him”
whenever we see a downed player, heck even npc’s lol.
I think a simple message to the player like “help is on the way”, when you click on the icon is maybe the least trollable.

Gunnar’s Hold

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amaterasu.8639

Amaterasu.8639

great idea thats happen to me a lot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

The problem with this is half the time I tell the person I’m coming and fight the mob that killed them so I can rez them yet they still respawn in stead x.x

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Yes please, I would like to send the request to many dead people as possible and not resurrect them. It will be really funny to waste their time and not waste mine.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I support this idea! I have ran halfway across a map to rez someone and had them disappear when I was a mere ten feet from them. <annoyed face>

This message was brought to you by a Kitten with a Keyboard

in Suggestions

Posted by: DNA Instinct.6258

DNA Instinct.6258

bump.
i agree, people please + 1 this topic

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

This is a great idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

I support this idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

looks good. But to prevent trolling, add a little incentive. A 20 copper and some karma because it is some sort of event chain. Right now, going out of your way for rezzing isn’t worth it unless it’s the daily. I do it because I’m a good guy, but often don’t really feel like it.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

sounds like a great feature.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I support this!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

I’d also like it so that if someone is afk they become unresurectable, seen a fair few naked afk people because “kind” souls come along and rez them while they are still AFK only to get downed again.

Sure if they go AFK in a place with mobs then they sort of deserve a bit of armour damage, but being able to “troll” someone into loosing all their armour because they might have had to rush to an emergency or some such is a bit naff.

As for the ping to let em know your coming, sounds great. Make it so you click it, a pop up comes up stating that someones on the way BUT then locks that person from clicking again on that person for say… 5 minutes to you can’t just sit back and spam them with pings (I hate ping spam!) and of course shouldn’t effect anyone one else also wanting to click and ping. (so no need to have it effect minimap symbol or anything just alert the downed player).

If this does get implemented though, please don’t make it a daily ><

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Sure if they go AFK in a place with mobs then they sort of deserve a bit of armour damage, but being able to “troll” someone into loosing all their armour because they might have had to rush to an emergency or some such is a bit naff.

I agreed with the rest of your post but this is a bit “ehh” to me. I think the level of personal responsibility of kind souls should be at common sense. For instance, you shouldn’t be rushing in after you’ve already let someone know that you are on the way. They know that you’ll be fighting mobs to get there.