I love the Moa races! Give us more races!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Anet, thank you for the Moa RACES! It’s a really fun away-from-norm thing to do in Guildwars2! (Especially since right now my WvW matchup is pretty lop-sided.)

I think it would be great to have regular races with different animials each week. Maybe have them running from a predator! For instance, have the moas run thru a snow leopard cave/tunnel… hehehe. It’ll make each race very interesting.

Anyway, thank you for the FUN! Keep it UP!

Edit: oh yeah… also, we need a SCORE BOARD that shows the results of each race.

Moonlight Wish – GoM

Moonlight [THRU]

(edited by Krypto.2069)

in Suggestions

Posted by: skullcrusher.7849

skullcrusher.7849

Yea, i agree, they are totally sooo cool.
Like honestly , whats there not to like about handing over hard earned coin for a rng ( 1/5) chance to maybe win a race.

The best thing ,imho, is just standing there doing nothing waiting for the results, only to get " moa race failed "

Please insert another 50 silver and try again.

Ive lost 2 gold so far and for me thats actually a fair bit considering im still saving for my legendary…

Why add stupid rng events that cost a heap of money. Give us content! We want challenging dungeons that award cool skins we get from using our gaming skills ( gasp, i know right, you have to actually try and earn it…NO wai… )

Moa racing is suxor!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hoyvin.3241

Hoyvin.3241

Love the moa races. Meep is king.

A scoreboard would be nice.

in Suggestions

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Yeah, I spend the only 50s I had on that bird and a now I have no money, THX Anet, you’r great -_-

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Yeah, I spend the only 50s I had on that bird and a now I have no money, THX Anet, you’r great -_-

Why did you spend the only 50 silver you had on a gamble. That makes less than no sense. The Moa race is here to stay. Just wait till you have some money before you gamble.

tldr; Never bet more than you can afford to (or are wiling to) lose.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hoyvin.3241

Hoyvin.3241

So do you blame the state when you kitten away money on the lottery?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Anwar.2018

Anwar.2018

How can you guys love a game of pure chance that costs too much? Absolutely zero skill or thinking required.

Still don’t know what you win, may be it’s worth it if you have a puppyload of gold to spend. I just saw a half gold ante and left. I started way late, just hit 80 and have 3 gold.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I think the moa race is designed for people who have lots of gold and nothing to do with it. It’s not for everyone.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

I think you mean MOAR races.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

in Suggestions

daimasei.4091

Why did you spend the only 50 silver you had on a gamble. That makes less than no sense. The Moa race is here to stay. Just wait till you have some money before you gamble.

tldr; Never bet more than you can afford to (or are wiling to) lose.

Maybe because I forgot I can make 25g in 1 day…

Jeez, some ppl are so sensitive, I was bashing the kittening bird and no, I’m not going to spend a single cooper in that kitten ever again (not that the race accept coppers but well).

-ArenaNet

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Yes this is aimed at the gambling addicted huh, what a sad state of affairs..

I do like that players exploited it early as usual, did they get banned yet?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I’m lovin the Moa races, but, have to say that it would have been AWESOME if it were like the rollerbeatle races and we were transformed into the Moa’s that are in the race.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

in Suggestions

daimasei.4091

I’m lovin the Moa races, but, have to say that it would have been AWESOME if it were like the rollerbeatle races and we were transformed into the Moa’s that are in the race.

I was expecting that actually but I guess charging people with 50s for doing nothing is more profitable, after all, people with gambling problems will be more willing to buy gems to change them for gold than people wanting to have fun.

-ArenaNet

in Suggestions

Posted by: skullcrusher.7849

skullcrusher.7849

Even that would be better then the static crap they gave us.
Really, pay half a gold, then sit there and stare at …nothing, waiting for some results?

When i read moa racing, i was thrilled, i didnt read any patch notes, i assumed it would be racing like mario cart with other players, like ff7 chocobo races:)

Hell was i wrong….
SO…wheres our dungeon already…
Dont even start me about dragonball…..
Any raids coming soon? Some real content maybe?

in Suggestions

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

Good ol’ Meep. Nothing beats Meep!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darx.9842

Darx.9842

A 1/5 chance at winning is not a gamble. It is a waste of money.

Moa races need more. It is incomplete. They are as much fun as flipping a coin, or rolling a single die, in other words BORING.

We need statistics. Some birds should be faster, but wear out sooner. Some birds need higher endurance, but lower top speed. Some birds need more sprinting, with longer cooldowns, while others need less sprinting. Etc…

These statics need to be shown before each race, and can be read by the gambler, so a decision can be made.

Of course there will always be a side of randomness, but people do not go bet at race tracks because they have a 1/10 chance. They bet at race tracks because they have information that might lead to a win. We currently have nothing, and it currently is a terrible game.

If Moa races remain how they currently are, I and thousands of other players will be extremely disappointed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

A 1/5 chance at winning is not a gamble. It is a waste of money.

Moa races need more. It is incomplete. They are as much fun as flipping a coin, or rolling a single die, in other words BORING.

We need statistics. Some birds should be faster, but wear out sooner. Some birds need higher endurance, but lower top speed. Some birds need more sprinting, with longer cooldowns, while others need less sprinting. Etc…

These statics need to be shown before each race, and can be read by the gambler, so a decision can be made.

Of course there will always be a side of randomness, but people do not go bet at race tracks because they have a 1/10 chance. They bet at race tracks because they have information that might lead to a win. We currently have nothing, and it currently is a terrible game.

If Moa races remain how they currently are, I and thousands of other players will be extremely disappointed.

But they and I will still play it. {:รพ

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoterFuchs.9216

RoterFuchs.9216

Well, seeing how each Moa right now has the same attributes like “Speed: slow” and “Skill: Dash”, I think ANet plans to actually add more skills, different speed and attributes. They probably just didn’t have enough time to implement more for this patch.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bishop.2690

Bishop.2690

Bottom line is you lose money on this mini-game. That money is either time-invested or real money invested thru the gemstore. And if you feel compelled to do the achievements or acquire the dragon wings, you are forced to spend that money. So I will fervently disagree that ANET puts in more racing that has this compulsory element to it. You want to stick out in Ahsford, fine doit, but leave it out of yoru special events. That’s my opinion on the matter.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

I agree the game definitely needs more activities like this.

I place my bet on my moa, get up from the computer and vacuum/clean for 2 minutes, comeback to watch the end of the race and bet the next one.

Being productive in the real world and in game, win/win.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sai.5908

Sai.5908

Anet, thank you for the Moa RACES! It’s a really fun away-from-norm thing to do in Guildwars2! (Especially since right now my WvW matchup is pretty lop-sided.)

I think it would be great to have regular races with different animials each week. Maybe have them running from a predator! For instance, have the moas run thru a snow leopard cave/tunnel… hehehe. It’ll make each race very interesting.

Anyway, thank you for the FUN! Keep it UP!

Edit: oh yeah… also, we need a SCORE BOARD that shows the results of each race.

Moonlight Wish – GoM

The Moa races wasn’t what I expected , I thought you will ride the Moa’s and race them not bet on them . But at least I had fun , although the dragonball was better .

in Suggestions

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I pointed this out last week:
Moa races(or chocobo races) were something thta I had suggested in these very forums months ago…possibly even sometime in 2012. I wonder if it is MY idea we are enjoying now.

On the other hand, yes more moa races, but I want the ingame money I spent back..given that people were fixing the races early on via speedbuffs. I saw that one moa race past mine so fast and it never slowed down..ever. My player could not even catch up. Drug test it or something.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SlimeHunter.4152

SlimeHunter.4152

I agree! I’m really enjoying how ppl gets so attached to their moa.

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Sloth.1427

The Sloth.1427

Bottom line is you lose money on this mini-game. That money is either time-invested or real money invested thru the gemstore. And if you feel compelled to do the achievements or acquire the dragon wings, you are forced to spend that money. So I will fervently disagree that ANET puts in more racing that has this compulsory element to it. You want to stick out in Ahsford, fine doit, but leave it out of yoru special events. That’s my opinion on the matter.

Except bottom line you don’t?! If your unlucky yeah for sure. I just spent about 25-30G and got Mini Moa Racer which is worth about 40G… profit? profit.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ruruuiye.8912

Ruruuiye.8912

One suggestion I’d have is to make any regular Moa Races (or any other major/regular sporting event) be a karma betting event. The game needs karma sinks anyway and you could have the reward be in the form of karma as well, or minor useful items. Given karma is gathered by playing the game and can’t be injected directly with cash, I think that would put sports and betting generally into the realm of harmless fun. For the time being, most betting events in the game are relatively minor, I suspect because the devs are nervous about making them so big that people start losing serious amounts of gold. GW2 gold has a direct floating exchange rate with real world currencies. I know the temptation must be great to make a profit off human psychology here but I really hope Anet doesn’t go down that path.

If you have karma betting events I think you could afford to make Moa Races a bigger deal than they are. An actual big track map somewhere, guild sponsored Moas, Quaggan cheering brigades, you name it. There has to be something deeper than the Five Moas/20% Chance Each format we have now though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

One suggestion I’d have is to make any regular Moa Races (or any other major/regular sporting event) be a karma betting event. The game needs karma sinks anyway and you could have the reward be in the form of karma as well, or minor useful items. Given karma is gathered by playing the game and can’t be injected directly with cash, I think that would put sports and betting generally into the realm of harmless fun. For the time being, most betting events in the game are relatively minor, I suspect because the devs are nervous about making them so big that people start losing serious amounts of gold. GW2 gold has a direct floating exchange rate with real world currencies. I know the temptation must be great to make a profit off human psychology here but I really hope Anet doesn’t go down that path.

If you have karma betting events I think you could afford to make Moa Races a bigger deal than they are. An actual big track map somewhere, guild sponsored Moas, Quaggan cheering brigades, you name it. There has to be something deeper than the Five Moas/20% Chance Each format we have now though.

Actualy this is a great idea, i got to admit that I cant see why people who is against/dont like betting feel compelled to join a event that doesnt have to be done.
There are still alot of things to be done be4 this event start. Some people is having ALOT of fun out of this, and I personally never been that gambling type or that “totally against something type” so i can see why it could be alot of fun, and again, can see why some people would be against even having something like this in the game, its against how they look at life.
(thoug cant understand thoese who basecly want to change peoples mind of what is fun, and what isnt……kinda creepy >.<!"

But, if there should, without a doubt be more of this moa race, since people is having srsly, ALOT of fun out of this and if people want to use up karma instead of gold, that would be a great way to just have fun.

“thoug got to admit, if this gets out in the world, thoese who dont like betting dont need to join in at all, which could be another reason to keep the 50 silver for each moa race, since it does give the excitment of winning or lossing”.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

I only did the race until I had 3 wins for achievement because you lose more than what you pay and there is no incentive at continuing (except if I want that mini that I don’t care).

However, I really love the idea of Karma betting. That would boost the value of the gold bags and if you are lucky, might be worth betting all your karma away! Put in there more rewards, chance for rare loot to winners, etc.