Make Destiny's Edge a bigger part of the game

in Suggestions

Posted by: LightOfTheMoon.4261

LightOfTheMoon.4261

Hello,

I would like to see Destiny’s Edge become more involved in the story of the game.
One possible way for this to happen is to have the members of DE give out missions to the players.
For example:

• Each month, one of DE’s members could ask the player to: kill a certain number of a particular type of enemies (e.g. Logan – bandits), and to gather a number of trophies that drop from said type of enemies, for that month only (e.g. bandits could drop Secret orders from the Ministry )
  • At the end of the month, a special event will have the player join the member of DE for a new mission that takes place in an instance (like they do during the course of the personal story) (e.g. Find out what the bandits are planning )
  • After 5 months, when all members of DE have handed out their missions, it turns out there is a danger that threatens all of Tyria (e.g. the bandits purchased some new weapons from the Inquest, and intend to help the Separatists – obviously this is a pretty simple plot, it would have to be something bigger than this)
  • So for the sixth month, a more difficult event that would require a full 5-player party could take place, where you and your party join the full DE team.

I’d like to know what you all think of this, and how the idea could be improved / implemented.
Thank you for reading!

Ascalonian, Sir, and proud of it!
Playing on Seafarer’s Rest
Ellen! Ellen! She’s our woman! Don’t vote Charr! Elect a Human!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

No thanks. I never read the books, but suffering through Destiny’s Edge “help” in the Storyline missions was quite enough. I don’t want to kill ten rats for them, I don’t want to do an instance with one again, and I certainly don’t want to do a mission with 5 of them.

The only way I can visualize this inept crew killing a dragon was if it tripped over Logan’s “face in the dirt” body and somehow landed on a large, sharp thing.

Better if each char returned to their “roots”, and did basically the same thing you have suggested for their order, preferably with at least moderately capable NPC help, and with a slight chance of actually getting the credit for it afterwards.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

in Suggestions

Posted by: brokenserenity.4638

brokenserenity.4638

Why not both idea’s? also throw in some sort of connection to your story path choice’s by having npc’s from the different paths you chose also feature(so say if you took the lost sister human option she features in the quests to some degree) thus making the choices we made early on actually have a meaning other than just being random crap we did before trehearne took over the story for us.