NPCs have more emotes than players.

NPCs have more emotes than players.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amphibian Pal Lush.4185

Amphibian Pal Lush.4185

Alright. So. Got to say, A-Net, I’m really digging this dancing book. Really enjoyed the utility skill dances when I got them from some boxes o’fun. The more emotes the better, yeah? Yeah.
So, I also dig that you guys went out of your way to give our characters some personality in the form of plentiful voice dialogue. Really digging my unsheathed weapon quotes.
“This’ll be unpleasant for you…”
Appreciate it. It almost compensates for the lack of emotes the players have. Almost.

But what grinds my gears is when the NPCs have exclusive emotes that can easily pass over/be recycled for player emotes. We have such a little selection of emotes as is, so why would you give these animations ONLY to the NPCs? Why would you even attempt to give our characters the personality and dialogue that they have if the freakin’ NPCs act out their emotions more than anything? Every NPC of the playable races have an idle “talking” emote. Is there any reason this couldn’t have been scrapped for the players as well? For when we’re casually standing still in /say? (Like that other MMO that need not be named.)

Some of the Norn prisoners in the Molten Dungeons clasp their hands together and do a “/beg” esque emote. Is there any reason these couldn’t have been given to the Norn and other races? And, sometimes, when you type certain /commands to experiment to see which emotes you can do, you won’t even get an invalid message, which confirms that there is no emote of that kind in the game. This leads me to speculate that there actually ARE these emotes in game, but aren’t available to the players. Jeez.
From the GW2 Wiki:

“/dance was not available until the August 21st Stress Test. Many emotes from Guild Wars 1 such as /guitar and /flute are not in the game but when entered into chat they do not yield an ‘invalid command’ message. Since this was also true for /dance, many suspect that these emotes will be available in the future.”

“Some Molten Alliance enemies in the Cragstead instance are capable of performing a /taunt emote. Performing this emote yourself does not yield the ‘Unknown command’ message.”

I’ll buy an emote pack from the gem store if that’s what it takes. I absolutely loathe seeing a conversation between two NPCs using emotes that I would LOVE to use. If there are new emotes coming out in the future for us to use, then that’s all fine and dandy. Just stop making them NPC exclusive when you release them in game, and the LEAST you could do is scrap the NPC exclusive ones that they have currently in game to us. I imagine it isn’t that difficult.
Here’s hoping A-Net doesn’t ignore their suggestion board, because packs of emotes could heighten gem sales. You like it when we buy gems, right, A-Net? Right?
TL;DR: If you’re going to give NPCs emotes, give the players access to the same emotes.
Edit: I made a couple of stupid brainfart typos. Thankfully, no one read them. i hope

(edited by Amphibian Pal Lush.4185)