On the topic of expansion packs...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amphibian Pal Lush.4185

Amphibian Pal Lush.4185

So, we ALL know that Guild Wars 2 is going to, at some point, have some expansions that we’ll have to pay money for, right? Right.
That’s not a problem for me. I’ll more than happily buy an expansion pack for this game. There’s so much more to expand on in this game; the world in this game is ENORMOUS and is fertile with opportunity.
That being said, there should be content to keep us busy for a while with these x-pacs. New content, perhaps some satisfactory replayability, with something there for everyone.
I can suggest these things for possible expansion packs that’ll keep a lot of people busy, offer some variety and new options, and make a lot of people happy.

Expansion #1: Tengu playable race, explorable Cantha zones, explorable Maguuma Wastes zones, 3rd soldier profession, new two-handed axe weapon, new underwater combat weapon, AT LEAST two new dungeons, new crafting discipline, new sPvP maps with CTF modes, Mordremoth reveal, a new selectable story campaign involving Mordremoth.

Expansion #2: Largos playable race, explorable Elona zones, explorable Blood Legion Homeland zones, new adventurer profession, new katar weapon, new underwater weapon, new crafting discipline, AT LEAST two new dungeons, selectable campaigns dealing with Kralkatorrik and Palawa Joko, new sPvP maps with deathmatch/TDM modes.

Expansion #3: Kodan playable race, explorable Far Shiverpeak zones, explorable Unending Ocean zones, new sPvP maps with king of the hill modes, AT LEAST two new dungeons, selectable campaigns dealing with Jormag, Bubbles reveal, 4th scholar profession.

I feel, thinking about these concepts, that there are some things that should be placed with other bunches of content, or that there are some other things to look into that tie in better with the themes of each expansion pack. Please do not hesitate to offer your thoughts about these ideas. If you enjoy brainstorming, feel free to offer your own ideas.

in Suggestions

Posted by: killeraled.1950

killeraled.1950

i think that expansion packs should bring new zone(s), creatures, and one new race(a race of raven men that live in floating palaces)

and +1 for endless oceans

i am a hunter you don’t see me, you just die

in Suggestions

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I see the expansions playing out something like this (in no particular order):

First Expansion
Elona, Crystal Desert, Jaka Palawa Joko, Kralkatorrik.

Second Expansion
Cantha, Tengu (playable race)

Third Expansion
Maguuma Wasteland, Fire Isles, Mordramoth

Fourth Expansion
Deldrimor Front, Blood Legion Homeland, Dwarves (non-playable), Primordus

Fifth Expansion
Far Shiverpeaks, Kodan (non-playable), Jormag

Sixth Expansion
Endless Ocean, Largos (non-playable), Deep Sea Dragon

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

First Expansion
The Canthan Chronicles
Playable Race – Tengu

Plot: After a long council it was decided by the races to reunite the humans of Tyria with their Canthan counter parts and the reestablish the Tengu back to Cantha after they were forced out by the emperor.

The players will discover what really happened in Cantha and what forced the emperor to take such drastic measures as to force off all non humans out of Cantha.

The players will then help establish a new leadership on Cantha, liberating her peoples from the tyrannical rule.

Second Expansion
The Elonian Exodus
Playable Race: Centaur

Plot: After the Canthans and Tengu joined forces with the alliance of Tyria, our heroes set forth to new frontiers in Elona, a land desecrated by the dragon Kralkratorik and the Lich Palawa Joko.

There our heroes meet up with a small rebellion of Humans and Centaurs fighting off the undead scourge lead by Palawa Joko, holding to the last bastion of life, after the first menace has been defeated, our heroes seek out Kralkratorik and slay him.

With their victory, they return towards Tyria, where the humans and centaurs of kryta try to reconcile their differences in a peace effort motivated by the Elonians and remember such heroes as Zhed Shadowhoof and Ventari who believed in peace.

Third Expansion
Jormag’s Last Stand
Playable Race: Kodan

Plot: with our heroes on a victory streak, they head out to defeat Jormag joined with the Kodan, they break the Sons of Svanir’s hold on the north.

More Possible Expansions
Isle of Janthir – return of the Mursaat

in Suggestions

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

You guys clearly put some thought int this, but I thought there were not going to be expansions. Did something change?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Storm of the Ages.9076

Storm of the Ages.9076

Why just one new playable class? In guild wars they would release 2 additional classes with each campaign.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

Cantha will not happen for gw2.

AR

in Suggestions

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

:’(

The funny things is the devs want to do it, but they can’t from NCSoft West

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

:’(

The funny things is the devs want to do it, but they can’t from NCSoft West

devs said keep asking for it and maybe the bigwigs will change their minds.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

Free expansions
- filling up the current full map with play-able zones through the Living Story concept
- new free professions for the current races
- new playable races unlock-able through gem store
- guild halls
- personality system taking advantage of the “charm”, ferocity" and “dignity”

Paid Expansions
- new continents and planets: huge maps compared to Tyria in size which will benefit from free expansions to fill it up completely
- new combat types: mounted, flying, airships, tanks
- new story involving bigger threats then the dragons
- deeper personalization of the skills and traits: skill trees or tiers