Please let us see the HP of bosses in %.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bamboocha.8129

Bamboocha.8129

As the title says I think this would be a very nice option like the new rarity frame or at least some numbers or just make it as an option:
- details off
- numbers
- %

What do you think?
Greetings

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

I don’t think it would be a good idea.

There’s already plenty of mechanics that trigger with health thresholds, the last thing we need is to make those any easier.

Not to mention that the developers have said multiple times that they would prefer for their players to look at the action rather than the UI.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

You can already estimate from their health bars.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

Not to mention that the developers have said multiple times that they would prefer for their players to look at the action rather than the UI.

Sadly, with most fights being so easy simply by having everyone stack in a corner, these days you have to look at the UI (condition icons, cooldowns, HP bars), because the actual “action” is a mess of effects. And if one players chooses not to stack and the other four do, the one who didn’t is the one that’s going to end up dead.

Anyone can put a piece of tape on the screen and draw marks at 75%, 50%, etc., anyway, so fights aren’t really made any harder by not having a built-in health % display.

A more interesting change would be to make % based events variable (ex., instead of going into phase 3 at 50% HP, Lupi could switch at any point between 55% and 45%).

- Al Zheimer

(edited by Account.9832)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I don’t oppose this change, but I don’t think it is as useful as 100s of other suggestions that would cost about the same amount of developer/testing time.

The UI already shows damage numbers; there’s really no particular reason anymore to hide the total HP or the fraction remaining. Or if ANet is completely opposed with putting numbers in the health bar, they could put tick marks at the key points: 25%, 50%, and 75% for most foes.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”