Trading Post Armor Type Filter

in Suggestions

Posted by: sgthunter.7894

sgthunter.7894

Hello!

Ever since the beta I have been bugged by the trading post showing me all types of armors when I am only able to wear one type. Its kind of pointless to have it show Medium and Heavy Armor when I only use Light Armor for example.

So suggestion is to add in to the filter the ability to only show one type of armor.

Thanks for reading.

(edited by sgthunter.7894)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jdayl.8601

Jdayl.8601

I would love to see an addition to the filters on the Black Lion Trading Company to include the ability to search for only heavy, medium or light armor, or the ability to select items that are “usable by this character”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Yeah. Medium/Light/Heavy.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nittles.1582

Nittles.1582

+1 for a feature that should have been in on day one.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CrowdControl.4832

CrowdControl.4832

+1 for adding this feature

in Suggestions

Posted by: happyjedi.1372

happyjedi.1372

I agree, the filters should be more detailed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Voidtrawler.3108

Voidtrawler.3108

Please, Oh Please! Can we not filter by usable items! As a ____, I must search through all the items to find armor and weapons that I can use. It should be easy enough for you oh great developers!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Joyful Blue.7392

Joyful Blue.7392

I have nothing to add except that I agree, it’s irritating to search through a bunch of stuff that is unusable.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Altom.2634

Altom.2634

Just a minor suggestion really: A way to filter armor types on the trading post (heavy, medium, light). It would be really helpful for obvious reasons.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

/signed.

This is a strange omission because there used to be something like this in place. Back in beta there was a check box labeled “only usable by me” that effectively filtered armor types for you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Yus. It makes searching for armours very annoying. /signed

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

A better idea would be if you had a filter for professions so if you put it on warrior you will only see what warrior can equip etc.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

This is not a bug. Everyone experiences this.

And this has been coming up since the launch. Why ANet has not implemented it yet, I have no idea, but it really is pointless to have all the armors in there when my character can only wear one type.

in Suggestions

sgthunter.7894

And this has been coming up since the launch. Why ANet has not implemented it yet, I have no idea, but it really is pointless to have all the armors in there when my character can only wear one type.

When I say “bugged” I mean that I was bothered, annoyed… not that the game is buggy :p

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

When I say “bugged” I mean that I was bothered, annoyed… not that the game is buggy :p

Re-read it, and yes you’re right. :P And I agree… Very annoying!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

A better idea would be if you had a filter for professions so if you put it on warrior you will only see what warrior can equip etc.

Uhhh…. well, that could work, I guess, but it seems redundant. There’s no such thing as warrior-specific armor, and they already have individual designations for specific weapon types. I guess maybe it would be useful if you’re looking for weapons for your profession, but don’t care which specific weapon you get..? Why would someone need that?

A “Light, Medium, Heavy” would be a critical, very useful sub-filter within the Armor heading. Pretty much everyone looking for armor on the TP would use this. But, adding professions doesn’t serve much use — it adds more clutter, and doesn’t give much functionality.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rakanarshi.5892

Rakanarshi.5892

I feel the need to get more posts on here since this is a small annoying thing which seems like it wouldn’t take long to fix. I know they are probably working on Flame and Frost and all that but honestly I am surprised that this is still around.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Yes, please, for armor type filter!

in Suggestions

Posted by: CriminalMind.4379

CriminalMind.4379

++++++++++++++++++++

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cyber.1798

Cyber.1798

I really like this idea. Being able to filter armor based on “Heavy”, “Medium”, “Light” is very handy. We already have the option to sub-search, why not add this filter as well?

Also, it would also be nice if we could “sort by” the highest individual defensive state of that armor. I know that stats are different based on how u spec and how important 1 stat is for u than others, but the individual Main defensive stat is universal and you should be able to sort the results decreasingly

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

Also, it would also be nice if we could “sort by” the highest individual defensive state of that armor. I know that stats are different based on how u spec and how important 1 stat is for u than others, but the individual Main defensive stat is universal and you should be able to sort the results decreasingly

Sorting by Level should mostly take care of that. I does fluctuate depending on the rarity (blue, green, etc.) but for the most part this is a good general guideline.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rick.5781

Rick.5781

I agree, this is a MUCH needed feature on the trading post. I cant stand having to sift throuth all that unuseable armor when trying to find something that matches.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

No, because professions share armor. Armor type is better

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

in Suggestions

sgthunter.7894

It could just be a change in the category list

all
armor light
armor medium
armor heavy
bag
consumable
etc.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

One thing I would like, with some overlap on the OP idea, is a “Usable by this character” checkbox. When searching for cheap food, for example, if I just want the XP bonus, the only thing that matters is whether I’m the required level to eat what I’m buying. Naturally, this would also cover armor types, but its not the same.

User was infracted for being awesome.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sedoks.3576

Sedoks.3576

Yeap we need armor type filter

in Suggestions

Posted by: shyrith.3462

shyrith.3462

To expand on this, maybe also add a stat filter. I’ve seen older games have better filters than this game, really.

ET and proud to be!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moderator.1056

Moderator.1056

In order to obtain a better feedback, we have joined several threads into one to collect all your suggestions. Thank you!

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

Good point! I totally subscribe to this idea! This is excellent and it would make armor browsing much easier.

in Suggestions

sgthunter.7894

hopefully this suggestion won’t get buried and forgotten :o

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZeroPoint.9285

ZeroPoint.9285

Yes of all things arenanet did right with this game that’s one of the most annoying things is a trading post without an armor type filter. It’s like they managed to cover all the bases of getting rid of everything that used to annoy most people about every other mmo (for the most part, personal opinion) and did this one thing dumb just to mess with us… lack of armor type filter for this and better filters for crafting windows… and why on earth did they make the default for the wvw window right next to the dodge key? (joking now.. )

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cole Eyre.8471

Cole Eyre.8471

It’s mindboggling that this already isn’t implemented

in Suggestions

Posted by: KazNaka.4718

KazNaka.4718

we also need a filter for back armor!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sub Sink.4362

Sub Sink.4362

The lack of features\options on the TP is unacceptable for how little attention it would need to make searching more efficient.

In a game that is geared to be so cosmetic… and Trading Post heavy… sure hard to find the things you want or need. Window shopping has to be done… outside of the game for any efficiency.

//as well as the LFG feature or (lack of) and having to go to 3rd parties for this feature… but I won’t get into that. We will get more gem store items or wasted content though.

This many months after launch and little to nothing has been done to enhance the TP’s search functionality. Previews… yes – thank you. Much more time consuming to do than add a couple simple but huge time saving features for us.

//again as well as the LFG features… not hard but focus is not on tuning the game to perfection rather than adding more unpolished content.

My 2 err… 5 cents.

SKiN.

in Suggestions

Posted by: VolkovTheGreat.8324

VolkovTheGreat.8324

+10000 I don’t see why TP doesn’t have this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Frack yes. Omitting this makes no sense.

I should be writing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

I agree with this as well. It’s really annoying to lack this very simple sorting option that should have been in the game from the get go. This simple feature would really help newer players and long term players looking to gear up as they level and customize looks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

I totally agree, an armor type filter would be nice, or just have a tickbox for “show only usable”, either/or would suffice.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

in Suggestions

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

I really, really hope they add this in!

Also, add in a section for Back gear!

in Suggestions

Posted by: DavusMaximus.8406

DavusMaximus.8406

Wholeheartedly agree. Not too mention more specific searches would lighten the load on the database engine returning the results. So much unneccessary data is being returned to clients.

It would also be incredibly nice to be able to do searches that include AND & OR clauses. I’m not talking full blown SQL queries that open you up to injection attacks, just simple keywords to limit results… Searching for ‘rune of the traveler’, and returning all items with any one of those four words is nuts.

Yes, I’m a Database Administrator and this drives me nuts in game

in Suggestions

Vashoom.8512

you have a point there davus, I havn’t played for many months but when I last played the TP was very fast and responsive, almost immediate to selling items, for example.
but now there seems to be a few seconds delay on anything I do, always at any time of the day. this must be due to the heavy load of players now on gw2 spending more time on the TP than levling (as most who played many months ago are level 80 by now ).

it would benefit both arena net’s server load AND the playerbase to allow more refined searches.

not being able to search for amor/items your character can use really does seem like an absurd decision, but I’m sure they had their reasons.. at least I hope they did.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Galaxiella.4869

Galaxiella.4869

add in to the filter the ability to only show one type of armor!!!!!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: buffnuff.4601

buffnuff.4601

yes please really need ability to search light medium heavy, also i would love it if the trading post kept on the same page where u left it when you last closed it, that would be much nicer.

amazing game but implement these small features please..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

I agree, we need a armor type filter.

Together we stand in the face of evil!

in Suggestions

Posted by: wars.2083

wars.2083

i have been wondering why this isnt in it from the start.
it annoys me to no end to have to keep looking if it isnt the wrong type of armor

i have many ideas but mostly never speak of em

in Suggestions

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yes please add this as it is annoying to search for armor and u have to go through pages of heavy if you are looking for light armor. also please add new armor skins it is time to bring new stuff out.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Suggestions

Posted by: Castekin.4698

Castekin.4698

I addition to filtering by armor type, it would also be very helpful if players could enter specific stat bonuses for equipment searches (e.g. Heavy armor with bonuses to power, toughness and vitality).

in Suggestions

Vashoom.8512

these are great suggestions, but we must remember not to expect too many options all at once, as you all know anet have designed GW2 to be very user friendly (simple user interface) for new players coming to GW2 and for general ease of use for persistent players, we want functionality without complexity.

Castekin asked to search by specific stat type, in this post linked below, hurlockbr kindly explains the naming convention for items, which you can use to search for a specific stat type. (your example is “Soldier’s” armor, search this in the TP).
a full list of these names to search by stat are listed in the wiki page here:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Equipment_acquisition_by_stats

(https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Duplicate-Item-Names-not-duplicates/first#post2168046)

I hope this is helpful

(edited by Vashoom.8512)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khameleona.2948

Khameleona.2948

Please add a light,medium, heavy filter in the armor selection! It would be quite a nice addition to the Black Lion Trading Company. Everyone would use it! Very helpful!!!

GW2 Rocks! ! ! >.<

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

Yes! I like looking on TP to preview armor skins and it annoys me as it’s hard for me to sort through the different armor types. If you search by name (like chest, for heavy), that name isn’t used for all heavy armor chest pieces so you’ll have some that you missed. Plus, it would just tidy up the TP when searching for armor.