(Light) Tier 2 Shoulders Don't Show?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Riot.5210

Riot.5210

So, I finally dressed my female Mesmer up in the Light Tier 2 get up, however when I was previewing the gear I did not see any visible difference between the coat on it’s own and the shoulders/epaulets.

Either way, whether you hide the shoulders or not, there does not seem to be any visible difference.

Is it like this for everyone else? Am I going crazy?

° Illusionist Alaeis – Mesmer | Meryl Winterfell – Guardian | Meryl Tonberry – Elementalist
° Stormbluff Isle

in Sylvari

Posted by: VulShanna.5702

VulShanna.5702

It’s like this for me, too. And if you equip shoulders that aren’t in the set, even if you aren’t hiding them they don’t show up.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Riot.5210

Riot.5210

The coat has little leafy-wing tendrils coming from the shoulders, so I think it is just a matter of not being able to cover them. I would have thought the couple small wings would have been what the epaulets were, leaving the long wings to be included in the coat.

I just opted not to buy them and chose the ‘hide shoulder’ option so my set does not look incomplete. I just thought it was so strange, glad it is not just me.

° Illusionist Alaeis – Mesmer | Meryl Winterfell – Guardian | Meryl Tonberry – Elementalist
° Stormbluff Isle

in Sylvari

Posted by: MLieBennett.9031

MLieBennett.9031

The T2 Chest piece actually blocks Shoulder armor from showing up. (Never had it show any shoulder armor, last I checked).

In fact, the T2 Shoulder is the small “wings” coming from the collar bone and a couple leaves between the shoulder and elbow. The same things that are already on the T2 Chest piece.

T2 Shoulder is nice when mix-and-matching armor types, as it will give you a a pair of the small plant vines/wings to go with any other armor. Otherwise, its not really worth getting, if you are getting the T2 Chest.

YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
- (Death, Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)