Oaken armor (T3 heavy) awkward dyeing options

in Sylvari

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I bought my sylvari guardian T3 armor. I quite liked the basic shape and apparent layout of dye channels in preview, but trying to dye it how I like it is a lost cause. It has huge swathes that take on the color of the character’s skin. Very disappointing; having the skin color repeat all over the armor makes it totally impossible to dye it in a palette that contrasts with the skin, which was what I had in mind. A waste of gold.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I don’t think it’s a waste, but it is limiting. Here’s mine. Note the dull grey areas — those come from her dark bark, even though her armor generally should be cream/gold. Still she looks amazing in it. I just wish her torso took on the creamier look of other parts of the armor, as the grey just doesn’t match.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I should probably add that my sylvari’s skin color is the brightest of the red colors. It’s such a stand-out color where it’s repeated on the armor, that the only way to make it look right is to dye the rest of it in similar colors. It clashes horribly with anything else. I ended up going where the bright red led me, and it looks fine. It’s just a completely different look than I had in mind.

Judging from your screenshots, more low key skin colors open up more viable options, so I guess this isn’t a huge issue for most people. I’m still not happy about how this armor works though.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Spudfuzz.6185

Spudfuzz.6185