Does Giant Wintersday Gift drop Foostivoo?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Q:

Please, I’m looking for an official answer. According to Wiki the minipet drops, but only 1 observation in 13.000 opened presents.

Can you, ArenaNet please confirm or deny if Foostivoo is a drop off the Giant gifts?
A lot of players has tried to farm presents to get a Foostivoo. It would be nice to know if this is in vain.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lacechan.6524

Lacechan.6524

A:

Your answer is here, apparently: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Talk:Giant_Wintersday_Gift/drop_rate

It’s most likely only going to come from the gem store boxes.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Shayne Hawke.9160

Shayne Hawke.9160

Do you not trust the account of the individual that claimed to get a Festivoo?

YT channel - GW2 Activity vids and more
Activities are dead.
Sanctum Sprint record times: any checkpoints – 39.333, all checkpoints – 1:55.633

in Wintersday

Treeline.3865

Not enough unfortunately. I have been basing hours of Jumping Puzzle guide on that 1 Foostivoo along with other players. If there’s a slight chance it is a mistake, I’d hate not to at least try to confirm it is for real. I have asked everyone in-game that i have seen with a Foostivoo how they got it, but I have still to find anyone who got it as drop.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lady Vireo.5189

Lady Vireo.5189

Correct me if I’m wrong, but last time I looked, the person who posted on the wiki that the Giant gift drops Foostivoo didn’t even sign. It’s just an IP address. I’m not sure I’m willing to devote the rest of my holiday to farming or buying Giant gifts on the authority of an anonymous IP.

It would be GREAT to have have a dev post about this. Is this person just spreading misinformation or is there really a chance?

A Dev has spoken:Cantha is definitely not cut from the game
Show your support for Cantha’s return in GW2! Please join us in the Cantha Thread.
Many thanks to Wooden Potatoes for his outstanding lore video, a real tribute to Cantha.

in Wintersday

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

If I am not mistake it does have a very very small chance to drop, however the other minis have a much higher chance and all you need is 3 of them (which ones doesn’t matter) + 50 stuffing and poof, baby quaggan. Such is a much, much easier way to acquire the baby quaggan. Also the patch notes do state it can drop, but again…very very very small chance.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

in Wintersday

Lady Vireo.5189

Hi moonstarmac, you’re right, it does have a chance to drop from the Wintersday Mystery boxes out of the gem store. And the recipe is indeed an easier way.

But our question is whether it also has a rare chance to drop out of the Giant Wintersday Gifts. Not the ones you buy in the gem store, the ones you get as loot for doing activities, Tixx dungeon, etc. Someone on the wiki reported getting a Foostivoo out of a giant gift so we’re curious.

Show your support for Cantha’s return in GW2! Please join us in the Cantha Thread.
Many thanks to Wooden Potatoes for his outstanding lore video, a real tribute to Cantha.

in Wintersday

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

Ah that it does not, the Wintersday gifts do not drop Foostivoo.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

in Wintersday

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Hi moonstarmac, you’re right, it does have a chance to drop from the Wintersday Mystery boxes out of the gem store. And the recipe is indeed an easier way.

But our question is whether it also has a rare chance to drop out of the Giant Wintersday Gifts. Not the ones you buy in the gem store, the ones you get as loot for doing activities, Tixx dungeon, etc. Someone on the wiki reported getting a Foostivoo out of a giant gift so we’re curious.

So apparently it is NOT a drop but you have to purchase a mystery box in order to enter the lottery to find one inside a box. Good luck on that gamble.

in Wintersday

Lady Vireo.5189

Ah that it does not, the Wintersday gifts do not drop Foostivoo.

Do we have a source for this? If so, someone needs to edit the wiki page:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Giant_Wintersday_Gift#Items

Edit: I know it sounds like I’m harping on this, it’s just that rumors on the wiki, which a lot of people rely on, really can be frustrating, misleading and disappointing for players.

in Wintersday

Treeline.3865

So apparently it is NOT a drop but you have to purchase a mystery box in order to enter the lottery to find one inside a box. Good luck on that gamble.

Source?

in Wintersday

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Source?

…sigh, I was actually just responding to what someone else wrote…thinking they actually knew. Apparently there is nothing on the forums that I can find that even says one way or the other.

But it seems obvious after reading this:
“Obtained from the Mystic Forge by combining any three Wintersday miniatures (only Mini Festive Golem, Mini Snowman, or Mini Infinirarium, including duplicates) available from the Wintersday Mystery Box and 50 Wads of Enchanted Stuffing.”

Link here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Foostivoo_the_Merry

in Wintersday

Treeline.3865

But it seems obvious after reading this:
“Obtained from the Mystic Forge by combining any three Wintersday miniatures (only Mini Festive Golem, Mini Snowman, or Mini Infinirarium, including duplicates) available from the Wintersday Mystery Box and 50 Wads of Enchanted Stuffing.”

Link here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Foostivoo_the_Merry

That does seem to indicate something I don’t wish to believe Still hoping for an official answer to kill any rumors though. It wouldn’t be the first time the Wiki is missing a bit.

in Wintersday

Posted by: KeikoTerada.1963

KeikoTerada.1963

Bear in mind that if it IS a possible drop from a Giant Wintersday Gift… it will also be a possible drop…with the same drop rate… from all the other Wintersday gifts as well (small, medium, large)

ArenaNet Source

So buy the cheaper Small Gifts with your ugly jumpers etc.
Only if Festivoo is a possible drop, of course.

(edited by KeikoTerada.1963)

in Wintersday

Treeline.3865

Bear in mind that if it IS a possible drop from a Giant Wintersday Gift… it will also be a possible drop…with the same drop rate… from all the other Wintersday gifts as well (small, medium, large)

ArenaNet Source

So buy the cheaper Small Gifts with your ugly jumpers etc.
Only if Festivoo is a possible drop, of course.

Oh by now I have around 700 ugly sweaters, so I’ll get more presents! At this point I only open the gifts for the Quaggan though – If it isn’t a drop i’d rather sell the gifts/sweaters. (Although i did manage to get the endless tonic, netting me 32g)

in Wintersday

Posted by: KeikoTerada.1963

KeikoTerada.1963

It’s clearly a super-rare drop from a gift (if it’s a drop at all)… and you already had the endless tonic drop… so you will have to be like amazingly, stinkingly, disgustingly lucky to get Festivoo as well! :-D

Having said that, I got the unbreakable bell, but I’m still trying for the endless tonic, which will require the same kind of luck :-D

in Wintersday

Treeline.3865

Right you are! And congratulations on the bell! – But yeah, a little greed never hurt anyone, cough. Just want to know if there’s anything to be greedy for. Don’t need the bell, but hey, I would take the drop

in Wintersday

Treeline.3865

I am by the way still looking for the official answer on this? Is Foostavoo The Merry a drop from the Giant Wintersday Gift, yes or no?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Hydroclasm.8572

Hydroclasm.8572

Would also like to know an answer for this, which boxes the quaggan drops from. I likely won’t get anything rare from the event, but if the quaggan does drop from the giant boxes as listed on the wiki I’d farm those over the easier (for me) to get personalized gifts.