Wintersday Market Speculation

in Wintersday

Posted by: Cyrogosis.3496

Cyrogosis.3496

So Iv’e saved up some gold and I’m going to try to use it to flip some items for Wintersday and make a nice little profit. I haven’t invested yet, but I’m going to try to buy some materials that will be hopefully used in Wintersday recipes now, and sell them during the event. I’m thinking that investing in Mint Leaves and Cinnamon for cooking recipes, and Glacial Lonestones for holiday weapons will probably be safe bets, but i can’t think of any other items to invest in. Any one have any guesses or ideas they want to throw out? Criticism is all ways welcome

in Wintersday

Posted by: Field Marshal.7946

Field Marshal.7946

Wood. Wood will be used for the toy crafting.

Or maybe not.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Dont buy glacial lodestones/cores, they are heavily manipulated already. Plenty of peopkitten ught stacks of them already.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Field Marshal.7946

Field Marshal.7946

If Arena is smart, they should pick stuff that people are not hoarding, or there is a ton on the TP. Have the item in 250 stacks converted to something else with a drop.

Eats up crappy mats while not making the price skyrocket since there are so many out there.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Jiro.6589

Jiro.6589

glacial core/lodestones definatly. Winter=ice..so it makes sense those will be used, plus they are supercheap, they used to be 5s/6s, now they are 7s50c…so a good investment, if it doesnt work the losses will be small.

Other then that, i dont have the slightest clue what will be worth alot in a few days. we will see i guess

in Wintersday

Posted by: raxx.8914

raxx.8914

Look at real recipes, the recipe’s in game are quite accurate.
The items made are just alternatives to current items so they are nothing special.
Did you learn nothing from the previous event? The real money making comes before the actual event from people speculating and buying stuff up.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Did halloween have a noticable impact?

Sure we got new halloween recipes for food, but hardly anyone crafted them because they dropped by the bucketload from the trick or treat bags. I’m expecting the same thing, we’ll no doubt have recipes for stuff like eggnog but we’ll just as likely have it dropping from mobs or in wintersday presents

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Wintersday

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

we may have recipes for stuff like eggnog but what matters is what eggnog will provide…
if it will be useless why craft it ?

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Wintersday

Posted by: Auroma.9126

Auroma.9126

In my opinion if crafting is involved, Orichalcum will be required as well. So far all big events included items which required Orichalcum Ore/ingot.

Orichalcum ore is cheaper than before (used to be 3.8s, now around 2.5s), we will see how its price fluctuates as the event goes live.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Stridix.4260

Stridix.4260

I wonder which bugs they will fix by this event…

in Wintersday

Posted by: TabMorte.5297

TabMorte.5297

I’ve already done my shopping but I am hedging on mint & eggs personally.
In hind sight I probably should have looked at nutmeg too.

Golemancy 101: total and complete catastrophic
failure is still a monumental success, assuming
losses remain within acceptable parameters.

in Wintersday

Posted by: SharedProphet.9324

SharedProphet.9324

Seems like most Wintersday market speculation was likely wasted:

No, there’s no resource nodes. Something else will take the place of ad-hoc, holiday content on the go. There are new crafting recipes, but the components for those will come from the rewards gained by playing any holiday content.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wintersday/In-my-view-people-will-join-WvW-to-farm-nodes/981119/quote

in Wintersday

Posted by: TabMorte.5297

TabMorte.5297

The good thing about speculating on crafting ingredients, eventually they’ll become valuable enough to turn a profit on again regardless of what happens.

Golemancy 101: total and complete catastrophic
failure is still a monumental success, assuming
losses remain within acceptable parameters.