Too much junk the the gifts

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

So I used well over 100k glory for the giant gifts and also traded all the ugly trophies in for more presents (so 5000++ presents). And there is mostly junk in it. No miniature, no infinite bell. Quartz and ascended mats came by the truckload but I have not much use for it anymore (I got 250+ bloodstone brickts and 100+ of each dragonite bars and empyreal stars). Also a ton of useless recipes worth a few copper and a handful of the ascended recipes which are also not worth much.
It seems like Anet wants people to do nothing but grinding to get what they want out of festive events.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Yep, it sure is Christmas time.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Malediktus.9250

I also know from other people who opened even more presents than me and got the same disappointing results.

Posted by: World War III.3869

World War III.3869

i opened a ton too and im also kind of disappointed. i did get the tonic early and was able to sell it high. also was able to sell the grenth back pieces high as well. since then though it’s been kind of profitless and pointles. like all the other 10 copper each recipes. ive got a boat load of them, you cant give them away.

Posted by: Threepsie.3248

Threepsie.3248

I would then refer back to real life, where some people trade in their Wintersday/Christmas gift back at the store and ask for something new. I’m sure there are merchants somewhere in town that will accept your ‘junk’ rewards! Or you can donate them to the Yak Funds in LA to convert your virtual Wintersday Greed into Wintersday Joy, which is then given to Scarlet’s victims !

Posted by: Damaskinos.1263

Damaskinos.1263

Wanted to grind for Sigil of Generosity.
Don’t think I will do so.
Will do some Bell Choir, is the only thing I like about Winterdays :o

If you think about it, it’s the best gift Anet could have give us:
Game free time on Christmas!
Isn’t it so my nerds?!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Malediktus.9250

Isn’t it so my nerds?!

Game free time? They raised my daily achievement grind by 4 hours a day thanks to the new pvp dailies. Totaling upto 6 hours of dailies per day.

Posted by: Nurgle.6597

Nurgle.6597

Isn’t it so my nerds?!

Game free time? They raised my daily achievement grind by 4 hours a day thanks to the new pvp dailies. Totaling upto 6 hours of dailies per day.

your OCD is your problem (I hope they add more dailys XD )

Malediktus.9250

its not a matter of OCD, its a matter of staying competive in the leaderboard. If you miss the 4 new dailies thats 1460 points per year. If I wanted to stop competing there I could do it right now. But then I would have nothing left to do in this game I got all the minis and all the legendaries I want.

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Ehh, it’s the same old RNG stuff. The only real reason to open them is for the t7 mats if you need/want them and even then the drop rate is relatively low.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

ever since they patched the gifts to remove the charged quartz I’ve been getting the same, emperial fragment, dragonite, same insignia recipes and ugly trophies. I got two of the grenth recipes before the patch and nothing anywhere near as “good” after. :/

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Cue the person who opened 5 gifts and got an infinite choir bell and two sigils of generosity claiming the RNG is ok.

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

There seems to be a mini Ho Ho Tron in the gifts going by Dulfy’s, but I imagine the drop rate must be very very low. No wonder it sells for over 40g on TP.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I have to agree the rewards in presents are essentially junk, you have a better chance of winning the lottery than gaining anything of worth from a present.

Merry Wintersday everybody! You were all bad, have an ugly sock and a quartz crystal. Stop giving me rubbish crafting materials, my bank is stuffed with them already!

Arena Net really needs to sort out its rewards system for next year. Fact is people play to earn rewards, without good rewards people do not play, SAB back to school was an exceptionally good example of this. You would have though they learned their lesson by now.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Eh, just don’t farm for it, so when you do get stuff you’ll be pleasantly surprised. all the good loot I got came when I wasn’t looking for it.

(On that note, a friend of mine bought 400 gifts and got the permanent Christmas bell. I was very jelly)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Charged Quartz still drops in the gifts! I’ve gotten two since the patch. It’s just much rarer than it used to be.

Still looking for a Light of Dwayna recipe though. No luck so far.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Are there still people who haven’t figured out that RNG is a giant waste of time? I figured this out really early in GW1. Let me tell you a story.

In GW1 there was a Snowman Dungeon during Wintersday. And from the end chest of this mini you ‘could’ get a Mini Polarbear. ‘Could’ is in massive air-quotes. The chance had been made so infinitely small, that people literally spend the whole Christmas grinding away at this dungeon, thousands of runs, and no mini. While some people (a very small number) did it 10 times, and got one instantly. I realized right away that I should never fall for this trick, and have since avoided every single bit of RNG in GW1 and GW2.

I’ve never bothered with any of the Blacklion Keys either, since the ones from the personal story already showed me they mostly contained rubbish. Likewise I also never bought any of those special coffers from the gemstore, in the hope of getting something remotely useful. Just don’t do it. If you want an everlasting bell, just save up some gold and buy one from the TP. They are about 20 gold, which is nothing.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

They should have introduced another new material/currency: COAL. Then we could have all this disappointing “you’ve been bad this year” slag but at least turn it in for consolation prizes. Sorta like when you’ve only got 30 tickets from skeeball…can’t get much but at least you’re walking outa there with a snazzy new pencil eraser. Score.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Another year of bad RNG.

Why do we expect anything different?

The new bags post-patch are exceptionally more worthless than before. At least with the old bags I could have decked all my characters out in Celestial for near free.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

The achievement junkies and people with inflated expectations make a great market for me to sell my presents to. Thanks!