Will Scarlet spoil it?

Will Scarlet spoil it?

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Like, she is everywhere, i hope we didn’t see her at leaset on Wintersday

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

Will Scarlet spoil it?

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Will Scarlet spoil it?

Yes.

Will Scarlet spoil it?

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

She’ll spoil Wintersday and we’ll be fighting a Molten Princess Doll alliance. Or Toxic Tixx’s Toys. Or Plush Aethergriffons.

Will Scarlet spoil it?

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

No lore would suggest she would have any reason to interfere with Wintersday. But maybe something will happen outside LA. We still do not know what the deal is with DO NOT TOUCH, and the new release does mention stuff still happening in Kessex and around.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Will Scarlet spoil it?

Posted by: Moersel.1320

Moersel.1320

Why should she spoil it? She invented the whole thing. What people don’t know is, that last winterday we saw her first alliance – The Crazy Toy Alliance.

Will Scarlet spoil it?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Even if she doesn’t show up, the fact that we all expect her to is going to spoil it anyway.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Will Scarlet spoil it?

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

i totally expected a new plush scarlet as the meta reward…

Not even sure that im happier with the reused toy rewards from last year instead of Plush Scarlet…

Will Scarlet spoil it?

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

No lore would suggest she would have any reason to interfere with Wintersday. But maybe something will happen outside LA. We still do not know what the deal is with DO NOT TOUCH, and the new release does mention stuff still happening in Kessex and around.

On the contrary. Current lore suggests that she would interfere with any festival/holiday. Just because. See Dragon Bash and Queen’s Jubilee.

But we’ll see when the day comes.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Will Scarlet spoil it?

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

I guess we will follow the same pattern as Halloween had. For two weeks Wintersday will be the main theme. At Dec. 24th the new release will focus on Scarlet again. The events of Wintersday will fade out/step back but still available two more weeks.

Will Scarlet spoil it?

Posted by: Alfador.7649

Alfador.7649

Lore never suggested she had any reason to do any of the stuff she did but that didn’t stop anet from retroactively M. Night Shamalaning “It was scarlet all along!” into half the pve pretext of the game.

Will Scarlet spoil it?

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

(…)
Plush Aethergriffons.

Whoa, I see a huge potential here!

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Will Scarlet spoil it?

Posted by: Rinbox.2570

Rinbox.2570

She’ll spoil Wintersday and we’ll be fighting a Molten Princess Doll alliance. Or Toxic Tixx’s Toys. Or Plush Aethergriffons.

haha that made me laugh

Will Scarlet spoil it?

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Yes. 100% likely.

The toxic tower is still up. If it is going by player input, as it appears, it will pop soon. Whatever happens with the tower will be far more interesting than windersday, which was just a jp, a bad dungeon, grindy toypacaypse, and the bell and pvp mini games.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Will Scarlet spoil it?

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

She didn’t show up anywhere during Halloween (well, not for the actual Halloween content… the Tower first appeared while Halloween was still active, but it had nothing to do with it), I don’t see any reason they’d have her show up for Wintersday.

Will Scarlet spoil it?

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Even if she doesn’t show up, the fact that we all expect her to is going to spoil it anyway.

What does that tell us about the playerbase?

Will Scarlet spoil it?

Posted by: wookiee.4631

wookiee.4631

No she won’t show up. If she didn’t for SAB and Halloween why would she for Wintersday? Besides Merry Wintersday is one of the usual two “break” releases we get inbetween story ones. Even though she makes a small appearance in Fractured I don’t count that as a story update, but I digress.

What’s up with the paranoia?

EDIT:

What does that tell us about the playerbase?

That a lot of players are panicky and overreact to things?

Guild: Northern Wolf Clan [WOLF]

Will Scarlet spoil it?

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Scarlet can only make Wintersday better!

Will Scarlet spoil it?

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Or all three at once, with the possibility of a 4th alliance thrown in.

And what lore would suggest she could get either Molten Alliance or specifically Toxic Alliance to work at all either? None, so why would she now. If anything the simplest reason could be she just wants Tixx’s manufacturing capabilities or just the Infinirarium for no reason at all.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Will Scarlet spoil it?

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

I’m not sure how this is even a question at this point. Of course she’ll spoil it. :P

Will Scarlet spoil it?

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

My guess is that we won’t see her interrupt Wintersday, but we’ll have to deal with the poorly presented, weak excuse of a villain before hand and afterwards.

SBI

Will Scarlet spoil it?

Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865:

On the contrary. Current lore suggests that she would interfere with any festival/holiday. Just because. See Dragon Bash and Queen’s Jubilee.

But we’ll see when the day comes.

You are ignoring what was behind those interferences. For example, she invaded the Queen’s Jubilee to gain access to the watchknights, which she now has for her own purposes. What she gained from the technology is still to be known. It was not because of the festival.

Will Scarlet spoil it?

Treeline.3865

And what lore would suggest she could get either Molten Alliance or specifically Toxic Alliance to work at all either? None, so why would she now. If anything the simplest reason could be she just wants Tixx’s manufacturing capabilities or just the Infinirarium for no reason at all.

If you talk to NPC’s in game you would get some hints:

For example:

The krait are notorious xenophobes. We searched for the motive behind this inconceivable alliance and strongly suspect that Scarlet offered the krait shards of an obelisk in exchange for their participation.

As directly as you can get it from Priory Arcanist Dolja.
As for the Molten Alliance, that is too far away for me to remember, but I don’t imagine two parties who’s losing over and over would require much convincing to join up to form a much stronger alliance under new leadership.

Will Scarlet spoil it?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No Scarlet in Wintersday. Devs gave a resounding NO! in the livestream. =)