Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

A tribute to all the female gamers in GW2

in Community Creations

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

As a male that plays a female character, this video offends me.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in Community Creations

Posted by: LimeTwyst.7039

LimeTwyst.7039

Thanks for that. I love that Adam & Wil are in it.

<- female, plays a female Charr warrior & takes out rage via hammer smash to faces in
WvW 7 nights a week

LT | Ellti Doomfang | Sanctum of Rall

in Community Creations

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

Thanks… I guess

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

in Community Creations

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

As a male that plays a female character, this video offends me.

as a male that plays a female character, youre silly.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Community Creations

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

Why would the female gamers need a tribute?

I thought it was gonna be a video showing some gameplay.

Bläck Dähliä

in Community Creations

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

this video is really really kittening sad, if they got nothing to prove why they keep saying the stuff that they do.
there is a chick that has bigger teeth than her forehead and she says “im a geek” yeah becouse we needed a sign to know that.

in Community Creations

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

this video is really really kittening sad, if they got nothing to prove why they keep saying the stuff that they do.
there is a chick that has bigger teeth than her forehead and she says “im a geek” yeah becouse we needed a sign to know that.

Probably because you stopped to comment on their appearance, which you probably wouldn’t have done if it was a bunch of guys (of course, guys wouldn’t need to make that sort of video because they don’t experience the same sexism).

A lotta people still treat gaming as if it’s a boys’ club.

Not sure why this thread is here. Nevermind whether any tribute from me means anything, what’s this have to do with WvW?

Gate of Madness

(edited by styx.7294)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Aodh.6418

Aodh.6418

Was only there for a second but that dude’s sign only said he’d do anything for $5. Worth.

Jessica Locke – Ranger
Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
http://www.youtube.com/aodhnitola - http://www.twitch.tv/aodhnitola

in Community Creations

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

Probably because you stopped to comment on their appearance, which you probably wouldn’t have done if it was a bunch of guys (of course, guys wouldn’t need to make that sort of video because they don’t experience the same sexism).

Not sure why this thread is here. Nevermind whether any tribute from me means anything, what’s this have to do with WvW?

Nerdy/geeky guys are also often looked down upon, in case you didn’t know.

It’s fun that there’s a tribute for them, but like someone already mentioned it’s also a bit contradicting. If they have nothing to prove, what are they trying to do with this video?

Anyways. Yes there are jerks out there that think girls can’t be real gamers (etc), but from my point of view, I think most guys that do play games have nothing against girls that play them too. Although, probably with consoles and fps’ there could be some more haters (yes, I threw them under the bus /care)

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

in Community Creations

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

wut…

in Community Creations

Posted by: Whispering.8672

Whispering.8672

I loved this video!

in Community Creations

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Yay! lots of people that like Star trek and Doctor Who. That video had precious little to do with gaming.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

in Community Creations

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

Well if some dudes make the same video i will say the same they will need some sort of help becouse their self steem is really kittening low that they need to make a video on the internets saying that need to be accepted for what they are … and to be more funny at the end they are like “deal with it”. ofc we gona deal with it its not like we gonna start a riot or something becouse magically girls like nerdy stuff lol.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Cool n all…but why is this in the WvW session exactly…

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in Community Creations

Posted by: Cuchullain.3104

Cuchullain.3104

I play as a female toon in every MMO I’ve been on and I have never gotten any flack for it. GW2 is my first and only male toon, a Charr guardian. Do I need to carry a sign projecting my own insecurities onto other gamers who could care less? “Just because I play as a female doesn’t mean I want to be one. <sob>”

The whole “I am a geek/nerd” thing has become elitist posturing from people who think they are intellectually superior to others for being so. Geeks often come across as people with something to prove and that something is “I’m better than you.” It is that attitude which leads to more backlash against self-styled “geeks” than anything.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Cosmic Sparklejunk.3514

Cosmic Sparklejunk.3514

Nerdy/geeky guys are also often looked down upon, in case you didn’t know.

It’s fun that there’s a tribute for them, but like someone already mentioned it’s also a bit contradicting. If they have nothing to prove, what are they trying to do with this video?

Yes, geeky guys are often ostracized. It’s the difference between how geeky guys and geeky girls are ostracized that is key. Geeky guys may be mocked by people who don’t share geeky hobbies although thankfully this has changed a lot in the past decade.

Geek girls? They are additionally ostracized from within the geek community by bullkitten, gate-keeping geek purity tests (among other methods) that boil down to the idea, “How can you be a geek? Girls aren’t geeks!” Girls/women are asked to prove their geek cred in a way that boys/men aren’t. This happens with such ridiculous regularity (although it is in no way perpetrated by each and every geeky dude) that this video was created to push back at that concept.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

BUGS!!! ^^

So who is up for some larping?

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Community Creations

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

I though we didn’t care which gender the person behind the avatar was in this day and age. Girls game, so what it’s not like it’s an achievement… It’s rather stereotypical to think otherwise.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in Community Creations

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait…….

So.

These girls are upset because “Bullies” are saying that they ARE NOT geeks.

I wonder if the geeks of yesteryear would feel at all slighted by this…

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

(edited by KrazyFlyinChicken.5936)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

More like people are belittling their interests for the sake of their gender.

Female, male, don’t give a kitten, if you’re bad, you’re bad, if you’re good, you’re good /shrug.
There’s jerks in every culture or subculture, no reason to give these more attention that the others.

in Community Creations

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

More like people are belittling their interests for the sake of their gender.

Female, male, don’t give a kitten, if you’re bad, you’re bad, if you’re good, you’re good /shrug.
There’s jerks in every culture or subculture, no reason to give these more attention that the others.

And yet, no one’s making a pity feel-good video about the poor Bronies.

Let’s make a video about that !

in Community Creations

Genev.2450

I know a brony, i keep sending him pics of rainbow dash cosplay, reactions ahve been mixed :p

in Community Creations

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

This is exactly the reason why guys “bully” girls.

Q.Q

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

in Community Creations

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

As an avid gamer for over a decade(mmos’ – all my life since atari on console), proud geek, previously worked for a gamign studio…

with a girlfriend who absolutely hates gaming , but respects me and is cool with my hobbies, and 2 lovely daughters both who are up and coming gamers …

I absolutely loved this video and will be playing for them after work when I get home .

Thank you for sharing,
a proud father to our future female gaming generation

~ X

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in Community Creations

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Misogyny is why women are bullied.

I hide my geekdom IRL. The fancy computer gives it away if anyone knows anything about PCs though. I’m okay with this.

I love wvw because its low stress pvp.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in Community Creations

Hexin.5603

The video is showing that women are on equal grounds, and the ones in video games who lack maturity to realize it – as soon as they realize its a women, react in a manner where women then have to prove they are just as good as men … or are seen as less than equal. And Geeks are geeks – both men and women. The ones who make people ‘prove’ themselves because they feel girls are not good enough are the ones are actually causing the problems. While most/many other men don’t care if your male or female, rather just that you are good, and not going to cause issues.

Male chauvinism exists everywhere – and when a male chauvinist can hide behind his keyboard – its that much more challenging/worse.

Accept female gamers, because they are just as skilled as male gamers. Same could be said for racism in gaming.

in Community Creations

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

The video is showing that women are on equal grounds, and the ones in video games who lack maturity to realize it – as soon as they realize its a women, react in a manner where women then have to prove they are just as good as men … or are seen as less than equal. And Geeks are geeks – both men and women. The ones who make people ‘prove’ themselves because they feel girls are not good enough are the ones are actually causing the problems. While most/many other men don’t care if your male or female, rather just that you are good, and not going to cause issues.

Male chauvinism exists everywhere – and when a male chauvinist can hide behind his keyboard – its that much more challenging/worse.

Accept female gamers, because they are just as skilled as male gamers. Same could be said for racism in gaming.

Ahem.

~*~

The video is showing that men are on equal grounds, and the ones in the internet who lack maturity to realize it – as soon as they realize its a guy, react in a manner where men then have to prove they are just as good as women … or are seen as less than equal. And bronies are bronies – both men and women. The ones who make people ‘prove’ themselves because they feel guys are not good enough are the ones are actually causing the problems. While most/many other women don’t care if your male or female, rather just that you are good, and not going to cause issues.

~*~

This kind of crap exists for both sexes. But just because it’s women whining about it, for some reason everyone’s ready to jump in and lend their support.

If that’s not gender inequality, I don’t know what is.

(edited by KrazyFlyinChicken.5936)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

Female gamers? Male gamers? I only see gamers as good or bad. Why would you care about their gender?

in Community Creations

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

EDIT NOTE: for clarficiation, this thread was originally posted in WvW forum.

wut…

This
I didn’t see a single hint of anyone, or anything related to GuildWars, or Realm vs Realm.

That’s not to dismiss female contributions to gaming, no Mam!, my guild’s #1 scout and most relied on source of information that every move we make is decided upon … is female and we coudn’t do what we do without her.

But this video seemed pretty generic /w mixed-messaging; and not even in the same “genre” of respected qualities that this game mode structures all of its Merit around.

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Community Creations

Hexin.5603

Ahem.

~*~

The video is showing that men are on equal grounds, and the ones in the internet who lack maturity to realize it – as soon as they realize its a guy, react in a manner where men then have to prove they are just as good as women … or are seen as less than equal. And bronies are bronies – both men and women. The ones who make people ‘prove’ themselves because they feel guys are not good enough are the ones are actually causing the problems. While most/many other women don’t care if your male or female, rather just that you are good, and not going to cause issues.

~*~

This kind of crap exists for both sexes. But just because it’s women whining about it, for some reason everyone’s ready to jump in and lend their support.

If that’s not gender inequality, I don’t know what is.

I couldn’t hear you over the noise of your hammer train beating Eva down last night …

kidding – but yes … this day and age puts men in such a pickle of a position too.

I think the true equality video should not segregate women or man (but +1 for the women for doing the work and putting it out there- guys we got work to do) … but a true video combining guys and girls inputs – versus some of these clowns we play with who hide behind there screens and trash talk players in the community openly.

I won’t name names – but I’m certain that we could promote more positive equality and less of the immature and disrespectful attitudes you see ever now and then in map chat.

it’s a fine line though, because sometimes – good people even lose there cool, and succumb to a lesser level of maturity – myself included.

in Community Creations

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

I couldn’t hear you over the noise of your hammer train beating Eva down last night …

Hammer train?!

I was playing staff ele in that GvG. There you go, generalizing again! I propose a new video… One demonstrating the blatant lack of class-equality in video games.

ELEMENTALIST EQUALITY NOW! STOP THE NERFS!

in Community Creations

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

Yay! lots of people that like Star trek and Doctor Who. That video had precious little to do with gaming.

I FREAKING LOVE DOCTOR WHO.

-Cough- Okie, now that I got that out….

I honestly only made it to the middle of the video.

As a woman, I rolled my eyes and thought “Shut up. Gender doesn’t matter.”
Video reminded me that of that silly “Why I need feminism” videos. YUCK!

I honestly hate playing with females because of this ‘girl power, girl gamer, geek girl crap’ Just play the game and get respected by how you play and conduct yourself.

Hello, I’m Lili, I’m a woman that plays this game and likes doctor who.
I am NOT in anyway a ‘geek’ or ‘gurl gamer’.
I’m just a woman that likes cool stuff.

Attachments:

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Cosmic Sparklejunk.3514

Cosmic Sparklejunk.3514

I honestly hate playing with females because of this ‘girl power, girl gamer, geek girl crap’ Just play the game and get respected by how you play and conduct yourself.

If it were truly that simple videos like this wouldn’t need to be made.

in Community Creations

Genev.2450

Actually, in vid gaming (I’m not talking about other fandoms etc), the only girls i’ve seen getting kitten is the ones going “HAI GUIS, I R GURL!”, who really make a point out of it, instead of just playing the game and hey, look, they just happen to be a girl.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

Loved it. Thanks for posting.

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.