A Conversation with Ogden

in Community Creations

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

The air is frigid, and snow tumbles excessively to the ground. Here in Lornar’s pass, I can’t help but miss the warm tropical climate of my home, the Maguuma jungle, and I make sure to bundle up. All around me are buried monuments and statues, I pass friendly moas and unfriendly monsters, but I keep moving. My pilgrimage began days ago, when I started my walk from Divinity’s Reach. I finally reached Lion’s Arch a day ago, where I spent a good several hours conversing with the local Bookahs.

I approached the Durmand Priory slowly. The sting of remembrance of my dear mentor Sieran was still fresh. I never really liked any Sylvari outside of her.

I wandered into the large structure and moved toward Ogden Stonehealer. He looked ruffled and cranky. Luckily, though, he and I were on the same level.

He was muttering to himself, and his eyes suddenly moved to me. His muttering got quite a bit louder, “Friends come and go. That’s life. The Mists are full of those who gave their lives to save others. The best we can hope for is one day be one of them.”

“Yeah…”

“Hail, and well met!” He said suddenly, shaking my hand. “Hero, it has been a long time.”

“That it has, Ogden.” I say softly. “I have come to discuss something of great importance.”

“Oh?” Ogden scratched his head, “What of?”

“Healing.”

Ogden’s eyes widened angrily, “You mock me!”

“I-no!” I tried desperately to calm the old dwarf, but there was nothing I could do.

Ogden pushed me away, “All of you! All of you youngsters and your so called healing… You think it’s so funny to make fun of an old dwarf!”

“Nonsense!” I replied.

“I swear! Why else do you think I’m stuck here? All of you kitties have your own heal. You don’t even need an old healer like myself! And then we have all of these wannabes! Healing those warriors who already have full health! What is this? Nonsense! Nonsense, yes! Nonsense….”

I blinked, thinking he had finished, “I’m sorry sir, it’s just that I’m amazed by stories of your spells. You could resurrect your allies with a single spell.”

“Oh! Right resurrection. They wouldn’t need to be resurrected if they had 2 lives to spare! Like Jora wouldn’t be able to kill her enemy from the ground! Ha! She just needed to be conscious! And these waypoints! Youngsters complain about not having enough waypoints while being attacked by hundreds of creatures underground.”

“Well, we skip them anyway-“

Skipping ! Perhaps your body can be saved. Your soul…. That’s another story.”

“Eh…” I stepped back, feeling depressed about my failed pilgrimage.

“Back in my day, we skipped monsters, as long as they didn’t kill us before we got away! Most of the time we got through by my uncle Stonecleaver’s twiggy nose hairs, but we made it through! That’s where I came in handy, you know! Healing breeze on everyone, giving them enough air to get through… And if they fell, well, I’d say to them, ‘Get up, you! We’re not through yet!’” He sighed, “But now, everyone has their own heals. And the Ogden wannabes are just… impotent. I experienced one the other day while exploring the ruins of Arah, and I’ll tell you what—he placed a healing field under his allies at full health beneath one of the Vekk wannabe’s fire field.” Ogden shook his head. “The greatest battle starts with a single blow! Not with the greatest heal!”

“I swear, these days, heroes have so much at their disposal, and they throw it all away with desperate claws at regaining something that is no longer there…”

There was a pause, and I muttered, “If we had you, Ogden, Sieran might still be alive…”

“We all die. Some sooner than others…” Ogden replied quietly. “We all desperately claw at things that are no longer there. Like you, little rat, I’m sure you’re missing some shinies that were stolen—“

“I’m an Asura,” I mutter grumpily.

“Er, right. My eyesight must be going. You look like a Skritt.”

“Thank you for your time, sir,” I bowed and walked away.

The old dwarf did not respond, but kept muttering. The Priory was so quiet, after all, and as I reached the doors I heard him yell, “How do you know you haven’t already met a female dwarf? Eh? EH?”

I smiled and walked away, wishing good health and tidings on the crazy old dwarf. Perhaps, some other time I will approach him on another subject. I thought fondly. I bundled up in my Sentinel gear and walked on.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

(edited by Lilith Ajit.6173)

in Community Creations

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Good job, video game logic applied to a short story.

in Community Creations

Lilith Ajit.6173

Haha, thanks. <3 I tried.

Had fun writing it.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

in Community Creations

Lilith Ajit.6173

Next up: Ogden’s take on classes.

Excerpt:

“Well, they seem to like bears.”

“Oh sure, bears are great, in pre-searing!” he continued to chortle.

“What about felines?”

“They’re okay… but I can only imagine what Pyre would think… isn’t that abuse? Or torture, to his kind or something?”

[ARES]

(edited by Lilith Ajit.6173)

in Community Creations

MastaNeenja.1537

If only there was some sort of rat pet as a counter point for Asura to the feline/Charr remark

in Community Creations

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

If only there was some sort of rat pet as a counter point for Asura to the feline/Charr remark

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Juvenile_Murellow

Close enough?

in Community Creations

MastaNeenja.1537

yeah that looks like an irradiated chihuahua, at the very least an R.O.U.S.

that’ll work.

in Community Creations

Lilith Ajit.6173

You guys are mean. Lol

Asura are adorable and not rat like xD

Attachments:

[ARES]

in Community Creations

MastaNeenja.1537

I call them rats affectionately. I’m kicking myself for not buying that outfit two years in a row, my little rat has the chef outfit. Asura wear that best as well.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

‘Kitten’ is my asura’s reply.