[Video] Thief PvP, WvW (sPvP vid inc)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Slic.2406

Slic.2406

Just some clips of me going Rambo on just about everything that moves and has a player behind its controls. Heartseeker? Pistol Whip? WTF are those!

Editing the SPvP vid as we speak. Roughly the same build as this one, usually with just a different 3rd skill slot.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Vexus.5423

Vexus.5423

Thank you for showing me that I need to get better.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Vexus.5423

Vexus.5423

I especially appreciate that I saw many times you had no/little Orb bonus.

in Community Creations

Slic.2406

Haha, yeah, at the time of filming this, I wasn’t even aware of the altar of power buffs. Who needs ’em anyway, takes too much time/effort long to get more, I could be scoring more kills/badges instead!

in Community Creations

Posted by: Talizorah Vas Neema.6903

Talizorah Vas Neema.6903

Any chance of a link to that build?

in Community Creations

Slic.2406

Any chance of a link to that build?

Yeah:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fYAQNAqYVlUmCN3ay5E95EBnCjCVtH00mxsTBXlPA;TsAgyCuogxAjAGrPOfk+sKYEw8DA

There are lots of variations to my p/d setup, depending on situation.

I swap out the 3rd skill slot for various things, usually the shadow refuge/ice drake venom for sPvP and Signet of Shadows for wPvP. Those aren’t set in stone, and I haven’t been able to find any 3rd skills that I was completely satisfied with.

I also like to swap out 10 pts from deadly into shadow for venom share in 5v5 tourneys.

in Community Creations

Slic.2406

EDIT: This build isn’t for everyone – it’s not as easily learned as d/d heartseek/blossom spam and not as straightforward as pistol whip burst. But this, and my next video, will be a showcase of what a primarily ranged Thief is capable of.

EDIT EDIT: LOL@downvotes with no comments. Must be people who got killed in the video. Or, people who hate Blue Stahli, Central ARC, Sonic Mayhem.

in Community Creations

Slic.2406

I don’t quite see how this belongs more in fan-generated content more than the pvp section… I mean, the video SHOWS how to play PvP, what it looks and sounds like? In great detail? I even link my build in the replies?

And the overwhelming majority of its content is your game? How is any of that fan-generated, aside from the editing/transitions?

I humbly request that this be moved back to the pvp section (aka players helping players).

in Community Creations

Talizorah Vas Neema.6903

Getting a bad link msg :P

Also what type of stats are on your armour? you using the whispers set or will you be going for the WvW honour badges set with the runes?

(edited by Talizorah Vas Neema.6903)

in Community Creations

Slic.2406

Getting a bad link msg :P

Yeah, this forum is weird. Copy/pasting the link works, but clicking on it url_encodes it, among other weird things. Anyway, I added it to youtube, so you can always copy/paste it from the video’s description.

Fix your forum anet!

in Community Creations

Slic.2406

So, kind of a cool story bros.

I’ve been mostly trying to farm badges to replace some of my green gear. Funny enough, I’m running into plenty of 1v3+ type footage no matter what I do. I suppose you can thank Henge of Denravi and its bandwagoning team stackers for having 5 hrs queues even at night. Why don’t some of them transfer to other servers? I don’t get it either…

Anyway, 2nd wpvp vid just might get released real soon, depending on how many more zerglings I have to take out, Rambo-style, to get my badges.

in Community Creations

Talizorah Vas Neema.6903

Gear wise im thing of going for the Whispering set from Orr and runeing it with Krait and grenth runes. And for my trinkets maybe some pow/vit/tough for the extra lasting power. What you think?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

Excellent video, Slic. I love the P/D setup, Dagger #5 is such a good skill to get Sneak Attack rolling. You use it very well.

Hope to see more stuff coming!

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in Community Creations

Posted by: PsionicDingo.2065

PsionicDingo.2065

Slic,

For some reason GW2Skills.net just refuses to load for me anymore. Any chance of seeing your concepts in a different builder?

My psychic knife. The focused totality of my psychic powers.