Bought makeover kit yesterday, sale today

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phil.7903

Phil.7903

As title says, got my makeover kit for 350 gems yesterday, today its on sale for 245. Do I get any compensation or am I royally kittened?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Why should you get any compensation?
You knew that the price yesterday was 350 gems and you were willing to pay it.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

You can always ask support if you can get the difference back.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Phil.7903

Yeah I wrote a ticket. Wonder what they say.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Rule of thumb: Never buy things unless it’s the weekend.

Rule of thumb #2: Never buy things unless they’re time-gated or on sale.

Rule of thumb #3; If you ignore the other 2 rules, you paid the price you paid. Deal with it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CptCuddles.8912

CptCuddles.8912

Got to love today’s entitlement society…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dAcIaW.5107

dAcIaW.5107

If you buy an apple today from the store and they go on sale tomorrow do you go in and ask for the difference?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kuittaa.7360

kuittaa.7360

If you buy an apple today from the store and they go on sale tomorrow do you go in and ask for the difference?

Of course. And I bring him the apples I bought two weeks ago, but didn’t eat because of whatever reason.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

They have refunded before for people that bought items right before a sale but iirc the cutoff was about a day. (It was a responding post by Gaile Gray from about a year ago so almost impossible to find now to refer to). If OP bought the item within the cutoff period that ANet allows for refunds then by their rules he is entitled to get one. Otherwise, they will simply tell him he doesn’t qualify.

Edit: I forgot to say that refunds are only given for gems bought with real money. Gems bought with gold do not qualify for a refund.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mousewiz.7281

mousewiz.7281

Lots of clothing + tech/entertainment stores will match their sales prices within some time period so long as you have a receipt. Presumably what they miss on margin they make up in volume. Nothing wrong with that.

I suppose, though, that most of those stores aren’t operating in an environment where the consumer will: still have the receipt, will be basically guaranteed to see the sale, and will easily be able to request the refund. As such, it wouldn’t surprise me if it was better business for A.Net to force us to wait for sales. That said… I got ‘burned’ on the home portal sale that just happened; they’d definitely take my money faster if they offered refunds in these cases (I asked for/didn’t get a refund on that one).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dAcIaW.5107

dAcIaW.5107

Lots of clothing + tech/entertainment stores will match their sales prices within some time period so long as you have a receipt. Presumably what they miss on margin they make up in volume. Nothing wrong with that.

I suppose, though, that most of those stores aren’t operating in an environment where the consumer will: still have the receipt, will be basically guaranteed to see the sale, and will easily be able to request the refund. As such, it wouldn’t surprise me if it was better business for A.Net to force us to wait for sales. That said… I got ‘burned’ on the home portal sale that just happened; they’d definitely take my money faster if they offered refunds in these cases (I asked for/didn’t get a refund on that one).

Sure if that is their policy, but I have not heard of Anet following that policy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Got to love today’s entitlement society…

While I do agree with this general sentiment, I don’t think it applies here necessarily.

Almost any store will give you the difference in price paid if there is a sale within “x” amount of days of purchasing an item. Not saying anet should do that, but it’s not unheard of.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I’m glad you wrote CS. I know they’ll see if they can help!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

It would be nice if they did give the difference back but OP, please keep in mind that they’re not obligated to.

I ? Karkas.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

I’m glad you wrote CS. I know they’ll see if they can help!

And with that, I too have sent in my ticket. It’s kind of funny, when I bought mine, I thought about what bad timing it would be (on my part) if there was a sale within the next few days.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Phil.7903

Got my compensation, good support

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Almost any store will give you the difference in price paid if there is a sale within “x” amount of days of purchasing an item.

Almost any is a very large sample of stores. Must have skipped out on Brooklyn.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Support refunded me the difference. In my opinion, this is absolutely incredible customer support!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

Support refunded me the difference. In my opinion, this is absolutely incredible customer support!

Agree 100%.

Many businesses offer a “return” policy that refunds you the difference if your purchased item goes on sale within so many days (usually a week or two). In some states, it may even be law but I’m not 100% sure about that. It’s good business practice and fosters a lot of good will amongst customers.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Hey Phil and Dante — thanks for the updates. I’m glad that sorted out for you! ~beams~

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I wonder when new faces will be released…….. hopefully they aren’t just reskins of older faces