I Like the Original Flamekissed Armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bOgz.7263

bOgz.7263

I feel that Anet’s decision on reworking this skin and option to refund was biased towards those who complained about its existence.

I want to buy it, please keep the original and release another one for those who doesn’t like it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: neytiri.9105

neytiri.9105

Totally agree. The situation seemed unfair because here posted only people who didn’t like it. Want a real opinion? Create an in-game voting poll on whether to remove the skin or not popping out when you log in, 1-time for each account and then see the results. In this situation we, buyers, are suffering because we LIKED Flamekissed. And the envyies just were active on these forums so you ArenaNet don’t have all the opinions now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Khallis.5708

Khallis.5708

yes this is stupid that because of a few whiny brats this skin will be REMOVED from people who actually bought it because they liked the look. Anet should give people that bought the armor a CHOICE to keep the old skin or the new one that Anet brings into the game.

in Black Lion Trading Co

bOgz.7263

Ya, I was thinking of a poll earlier also, but decision was already made. People who like it commented on a post that was against it.

If we could’ve just shown our love for this armor here in forums earlier….

I maybe wasting my time expressing how I wanted that armor, but its all worth it. Its not too late, let’s show our support for the armor.

They can re-release it as-is anytime they like.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phyxrgon.7305

Phyxrgon.7305

I’d be fine if the skin styles were unique in their own respect, but it wasn’t just the 90% likeness of the human t3 cultural light armor that got me… it was all three, in the end.

The heavy armor was just fire added onto the pit fighter’s gear. The medium armor was another boring reused invaders rawhide set, kind of was expecting a decent shirt/vestment(sleeveless a bonus) without any gaudy coattails, with pants… and a non-fiery attire to follow suit. Light armor… I don’t need to go there how that went.

Jade Quarrior – [HzH] [SF]

Tengu. Make it happen.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

If you guys like whoring out values and undercutting purpose in name of style and profits, there is a certain avatar site I could direct you to where you’d be right at home…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Andrea Baccolini.4739

Andrea Baccolini.4739

The new skin is not possible to keep it because otherwise they should reimburse those who bought the cultural armor t3 is the same as human. In addition, humans would no longer racial armor t3.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Khallis.5708

Khallis.5708

If you guys like whoring out values and undercutting purpose in name of style and profits, there is a certain avatar site I could direct you to where you’d be right at home…

who paid more a person who paid 10 real life dollars or someone who paid with make believe money?

10$ > Make believe monies

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

Relevance?

who paid more a person who paid 10 real life dollars or someone who paid with make believe money?

10$ > Make believe monies

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Frederica.9237

Frederica.9237

I have a feeling that the people who bought the armor outnumber the whiners by far.

I hope they allow those who already bought the skin to keep the original look . I dont want a new Flamekissed Armor.

If not Anet better hand out free transmutation splitters along with the refund. I will not waste my money on transmutation splitters because some pathetic whiners had their way.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Subete.2057

Subete.2057

Tbh, I don’t mind the route they took with a putting the human t3 armor in the gem store with flame effects. To fix the mad they could of released each of the races t3 armor with the effects on them. If y’all wanted even more they could of added that you could get a refund if you bought t3 light armor for your race. Also not everyone likes effects and if you don’t like effects well you have to be that race to not have any effects.
I mean this isn’t the first time they did this. Did you guys forget High Councillor Flax?
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Councillor_Flax

Attachments:

Free Brownies – DH

in Black Lion Trading Co

bOgz.7263

Please don’t argue in this thread. Anet addressed the complains, no need for further arguments.

For those who want the Original Flamekissed back in gemstore, show support by voicing out your opinion here.

(edited by bOgz.7263)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Silferas.3841

Silferas.3841

@Khallis: are you dumb? I can make hundreds of euros in the time I have spent farming the gold for t3 (I am an IT expert), value is subjective… Not to mention you can buy the gems for those “make believe” money, and it would only cost you half the price of human cultural T3 even with these horrible gem prices via gold conversion. Think a little before you press the post button.

Don’t you guys understand? All of us complained about flamekissed armor NOT because we didn’t like it, but because it was UNFAIR to us, who have spent all the effort and grind to get the original cultural T3, not to mention who made human characters, even though story wise we’d prefer to play a Norn or Sylvari. For some of us getting the 130 gold is a much bigger challenge than spending 10 bucks.

Keeping the old flamekissed set would ONLY be ok if owners of cultural armors would be given an adequate reimbursement, but then the question would arise: what would be an adequate reimbursement? For sure I’d expect a lot more than I could be offered and the whine would never end.

What ANet did was the only reasonable course of action, and has restored my faith in their ability to realize when they have made a major mistake and even fix it.

[Path] of the Immortals – a guild for veterans – Join us
[S]illy [L]ittle [U]gly [T]rolls – our little dungeon forum community
“My mind has left, my body follows”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

If they had kept the flamekissed armor, it would’ve ruined the game even more (no more exclusive T3 human cultural armor). Then they would’ve had to make all cultural armor > universal armor because at this point any race could wear whatever they wanted.

Furthermore, they would’ve lost so much player support going this route with so many people feeling cheated as they did and thus the game would slowly decline and wither.

They won’t be able to make everyone happy, as the usual, but at least they wouldn’t be breaking/going against the game they initially created.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I have a feeling that the people who bought the armor outnumber the whiners by far.

I hope they allow those who already bought the skin to keep the original look . I dont want a new Flamekissed Armor.

How do you know you don’t want the new Flamekissed Armour?

I like the flame-effect on the armours, all three of them. And I have faith they’ll re-introduce the light armour version which will look as good. (still hoping for a PvE version of the PvP masquarade armour…)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

yes this is stupid that because of a few whiny brats this skin will be REMOVED from people who actually bought it because they liked the look. Anet should give people that bought the armor a CHOICE to keep the old skin or the new one that Anet brings into the game.

Whiny brats? It was a cultural armour reskin which has been covered at length in many posts (maybe you should read them and not just the titles to understand the reasons behind the complaints).

Imagine it wasn’t changed and you get your Flamekissed armour. Then, three months down the line Flamedancer armour is released which is just Flamekissed armour with an additional flaming aura and leaves a fire trail, this armour is sold for 400 gems. How would you feel?

(edited by Paul.4081)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ardashir.3684

Ardashir.3684

I have a human mesmer.
even though I had already t3, I immediately bought the flamekiss.
is gorgeous, I think it’s the most beautiful armor in the game. I hope that will not be removed because it would be a disappointment

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ardashir.3684

Ardashir.3684

Whiny brats? It was a cultural armour reskin which has been covered at length in many posts (maybe you should read them and not just the titles to understand the reasons behind the complaints).

Imagine it wasn’t changed and you get your Flamekissed armour. Then three months down the line Flamedancer armour is released which is just Flamekissed armour with an additional flaming aura and leaves a fire trail, this armour is sold for 400 gems. How would you feel?

I buy that as well

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jon.1376

Jon.1376

I like the flame-effect on the armours, all three of them. And I have faith they’ll re-introduce the light armour version which will look as good. (still hoping for a PvE version of the PvP masquarade armour…)

………………if they flamekissed that armor and made the tattoos glow with flames……… I can see myself not taking the refund and being even happier than my flamekissed t3 purchase

in Black Lion Trading Co

neytiri.9105

Because this skin os the only light armor skin which I liked so far. Maquerade is good on Mesmer, not Ele, for me. And combining the best light armor with flames was a brilliant idea for me.

Now we, the buyers of Flamekissed, in the situation like when one buys a kitten he/she wanted for so long, feeds it, loves it, gets used to it and then because of someone’s complaint about these very kittens’ appearance you are said that soon the kitten will be taken from you to be narcotized, but don’t you worry, we will bring you another kitten which will not resemble the first one but will br great, too. If you don’t like it, we return you money. And no one cares that you had your time to love the first one and you’re agonizing in the wait when they will take it from you and destroy forever. Will be a new one a comfort? I doubt so.

(edited by neytiri.9105)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Because this skin os the only light armor skin which I liked so far. Maquerade is good on Mesmer, not Ele, for me. And combining the best light armor with flames was a brilliant idea for me.

The “best light armour”? That’s not human T3.

You cannot say an armour is “the best”. It can only be “the best for you”. Others might not like it at all. I’d love a PvP Masquerade (this is different from the PvE crafted version!) as a flamekissed one… This would look so awesome on my ele!

in Black Lion Trading Co

neytiri.9105

The “best light armour”? That’s not human T3.

You cannot say an armour is “the best”. It can only be “the best for you”. Others might not like it at all. I’d love a PvP Masquerade (this is different from the PvE crafted version!) as a flamekissed one… This would look so awesome on my ele!

Yes, it’s best for me, that’s why I bought Flamekissed. Masquerade will not compensate it for me at all. That was my point.

AND please, read carefully, I used phrase "for me’ several times in the previous message, and you still managed to accuse me of judging as a whole thing.

(edited by neytiri.9105)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

People with T3 complained…
What about releasing a new T3 and changing their or give them refunds?

Even easier ….just put an NPC that will change T3 with the new skin….

Advantages:
1) people who likes the old T3 keeps it
2) only 1 armor to remodel for 1 race
3) Fair to everyone….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

in Black Lion Trading Co

neytiri.9105

Yes, interesting, what would be the reaction.

in Black Lion Trading Co

LordByron.8369

what about this i wrote in suggestion?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Flamekiss-cultural-issue/first#post3279632

T3 owners gets 2 premium (an exclusive RARE armor and a cultural exclusive skin)
less work for anet
Flamekiss buyers are again happy….
If you agree post there please….

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Black Lion Trading Co

neytiri.9105

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Flamekiss-cultural-issue/first#post3279632

T3 owners gets 2 premium (an exclusive RARE armor and a cultural exclusive skin)
less work for anet

I agree for anything, just don’t remake the Flamekissed. But I think the opinion of gold-to gems converters is more important to ArenaNet than of people who pay real bucks to buy gems and who to help the game to live on, not just complaining of the fast-making money and etc… I would like to ask the whiners if they would work for free and make awesome things?

(edited by neytiri.9105)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

It doesn’t matter if you liked the Flamekissed armor skin, I like the Norn cultural armors does that mean ArenaNet should reskin those and sell them for real cash?

Here, have some facts:

• The Flamekissed armor set costed alot less than 119g, which is the price one has to pay for T3 cultural armor
  • The Flamekissed armor set, ontop of costing less, had an effect to it
  • The in-game T3 version, ontop of costing 119g, comes in rare yellow stats, meaning that if one wants to use T3 cultural armor with exotic/ascended stats MORE MONEY has to be spent for transmutations.. the Flamekissed set is a skin so it can be transmuted for free
  • The Flamekissed armor set, ontop of being cultural armor, could be worn by all races

Want to talk about fairness? Tell me the above points are fair to those who paid 119g + transmutation crystals for the same armor (without the fire effects) so we can laugh at you.

Cultural armor is named cultural for a reason, I made Norns just for their cultural armor, I made an Asura because I liked their cultural armor, I made Humans because I also liked their cultural armor, they shouldn’t be in the gemstore.

Even easier ….just put an NPC that will change T3 with the new skin….

Your first solution sounds like this. “Hi ArenaNet, I like the [Norn/Asura/Charr/Sylvari/Human] cultural armors, can you delete their cultural armor, replace it with another armor mesh, and sell me the skin you deleted but with [fire/lightning/ice/wind/etc] effects on it? Kthx.”

Your second solution is giving people free gemstore items when they paid more (119g). Increasing the gem prices (from 800 to 1,500-1,600 gems) will not solve the issue because cultural armors are still being sold in the gemstore for 1,500-1,600 gems (since your “NPC” changes T3 with the new skin).

This raises the question, “Should cultural armor be sold to all races, or in the gemstore at all?”

I think ArenaNet has already answered that question with a big, fat NO. In the early days of GW2 people could use transmutation crystals to share cultural armors amongst other races, like the current Vigil, Order of Whispers, and Durmand Priory armor skins, ArenaNet patched that up quick.

Fact is that if you don’t like the new Flamekissed armor they’re about to change, send a ticket and get a refund.

in Black Lion Trading Co

neytiri.9105

Jovel.5706, you and the like already screw us and got what you wanted. Why posting here and asking accusational questions, as if it was our own mistake? Isn’t it enough that you had yourselves heard, you need now to laugh at us and troll people. Go and continue to enjoy your t3 armor’s culturishness.

(edited by neytiri.9105)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Jovel.5706

less work for anet

I agree for anything, just don’t remake the Flamekissed. But I think the opinion of gold-to gems converters is more important to ArenaNet than of people who pay real bucks to buy gems and who to help the game to live on, not just complaining of the fast-making money and etc… I would like to ask the whiners if they would work for free and make awesome things?

So all arguments and complaints are invalid and should be ignored just because someone uses the gold-to-gems conversion? You’re attacking the people making the argument, not the argument itself. That is also a false statement since people who are against cultural armor in the gemstore could just as likely use real money to buy gemstore items as those who pay with gold.

Your logical fallacy is further proven with your final question, “I would like to ask the whiners if they would work for free and make awesome things?”

• They do not work for free, they get pay checks from their publisher, NCSoft.
  • Grabbing the T3 human light armor mesh and slapping a bunch of flames on them is lazy work not worth 1/6th of the cost of the game itself.

Let me make an analogy, it’s consistent and relevant because both of these items are prestigious and expensive, but will be sold in the gemstore for a fraction of their cost while having better effects.

Legendary weapon skins in the gemstore, that’s right. Both the T3 and legendary weapon skins are quite prestigious, one more prestigious than the other but that’s subjective, and selling legendary weapon skins in the gemstore WITH ADDED EFFECTS is just as hard of a slap to the face as selling T3 with better effects and for less than 119g.

“Oh stop crying about the new legendary skins, you probably used the gold-to-gem conversion! Would you work for free? huh?!”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706, you and the like already screw us and got what you wanted. Why posting here and asking accusational questions, as if it was our own mistake? Isn’t it enough that you had yourselves heard, you need now to laugh at us and troll people. Go and continue to enjoy your t3 armor’s culturishness.

The point of this thread is to keep the old Flamekissed armor skin in the game. I am providing arguments against that decision just as people provided arguments against those who felt betrayed by ArenaNet’s decision to sell T3 cultural armor remakes in the gemstore.

I did not “screw you”, if anything it was almost the other way around if it wasn’t for ArenaNet’s new decision. I am not here to laugh at you or claim that this mistake (ArenaNet admitted this themselves, they were at fault) was of your doing. I am not trolling either, opposing viewpoints are not trolling, I can’t believe you linked the two.

Also I will, maybe this will encourage ArenaNet to stop reskinning armor skins and charging $10 a piece for straight up reskins. It’s not like I’m against reskinning armors, want an example?

Straight from GW1, the Dervish armors.

Dervish Monument armor was a reskin of the Dervish Primeval armor

GW1 had examples of this done right, the Flamekissed armor skin was just T3 with flames on it :| are you kidding me? They’re redoing the armor and hopefully using the T3 human light armor mesh right, without being lazy spamming fire everywhere and charging 1/6th of the cost of GW2, it’s still ridiculous that they’re charging 800 gems for reskins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

neytiri.9105

less work for anet

So all arguments and complaints are invalid and should be ignored just because someone uses the gold-to-gems conversion? You’re attacking the people making the argument, not the argument itself. That is also a false statement since people who are against cultural armor in the gemstore could just as likely use real money to buy gemstore items as those who pay with gold.

Your logical fallacy is further proven with your final question, “I would like to ask the whiners if they would work for free and make awesome things?”

• They do not work for free, they get pay checks from their publisher, NCSoft.
  • Grabbing the T3 human light armor mesh and slapping a bunch of flames on them is lazy work not worth 1/6th of the cost of the game itself.

Let me make an analogy, it’s consistent and relevant because both of these items are prestigious and expensive, but will be sold in the gemstore for a fraction of their cost while having better effects.

Legendary weapon skins in the gemstore, that’s right. Both the T3 and legendary weapon skins are quite prestigious, one more prestigious than the other but that’s subjective, and selling legendary weapon skins in the gemstore WITH ADDED EFFECTS is just as hard of a slap to the face as selling T3 with better effects and for less than 119g.

“Oh stop crying about the new legendary skins, you probably used the gold-to-gem conversion! Would you work for free? huh?!”

I’m kitten ed out because Anet listened to one group of players and did to their bid, and the others are just messed. Let us vote and if pros for deleting the skin outnumber the cons, it will be fair enough, I won’t object. But my opinion was never asked at all. Now I will have to be disposed of the skin I liked. The thing is that aroud maybe two hundreds of players acted in the forum whining about culturals etc and Anet made changes without the opinion of other thousands!!! What gold? What gems?!!! Say if that is fair against simple opinion poll, and I’ll laugh at you.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

[…]
Don’t you guys understand? All of us complained about flamekissed armor NOT because we didn’t like it, but because it was UNFAIR to us, who have spent all the effort and grind to get the original cultural T3, not to mention who made human characters, even though story wise we’d prefer to play a Norn or Sylvari. For some of us getting the 130 gold is a much bigger challenge than spending 10 bucks.

Keeping the old flamekissed set would ONLY be ok if owners of cultural armors would be given an adequate reimbursement, but then the question would arise: what would be an adequate reimbursement? For sure I’d expect a lot more than I could be offered and the whine would never end.

What ANet did was the only reasonable course of action, and has restored my faith in their ability to realize when they have made a major mistake and even fix it.

But is it fair take out one of the best light armor skins only because you spent more gold on it?

I had HT3 medium for my engineer, and i replace it 1 month later for the Viper’s armor, feel free to look my messages and try to find any complain about it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Jovel.5706

I’m kitten ed out because Anet listened to one group of players and did to their bid, and the others are just messed. Let us vote and if pros for deleting the skin outnumber the cons, it will be fair enough, I won’t object. But my opinion was never asked at all. Now I will have to be disposed of the skin I liked. The thing is that aroud maybe two hundreds of players acted in the forum whining about culturals etc and Anet made changes without the opinion of other thousands!!! What gold? What gems?!!! Say if that is fair against simple opinion poll, and I’ll laugh at you.

As opposed to what, listening to people’s wallets and allowing improved versions of T3 cultural armors in the gemstore?

You’re belittling the opposite viewpoint, literally. You’re labeling them as “maybe two hundreds” but those who were for the new Flamekissed armor were in the thousands? If less people browse the forums, what makes you think the majority of players in-game will come here to vote on a poll?

That is not an argument, if more people were in favor of the new Flamekissed armor skin, that still isn’t a reason for people to bandwagon. Just because less people voice their opinions on the forums for gemstore decisions such as selling improved cultural armors, it shouldn’t remain unchallenged. The argument of, “It isn’t fair because every single player in the millions didn’t vote on a forum poll!” fails to stay consistent because that would mean that every suggestion and every discussion on the forums should be scrapped and every imbalance with the game should remain because every single player in the game isn’t an active user on the forums voicing their opinion for or against the imbalance at hand. Also, just because people don’t come here to point out the flaws with ArenaNet’s decision in selling the Flamekissed armor skin doesn’t mean people aren’t displeased, I’ve come in contact with people on PUG dungeon runs who have shown negativity towards the sale of the Flamekissed armor set.

You’re mad now, but imagine those who paid 119g + transmutation crystal costs for a rough draft, yes, a rough draft of the Flamekissed armor skin.

It’s clear that ArenaNet remains biased against the distribution of cultural armor amongst races. Bias is not always bad by the way, everyone is biased for and against something, it’s whether you can back up your bias with strong arguments and facts that gets the point across.

in Black Lion Trading Co

neytiri.9105

The argument of, “It isn’t fair because every single player in the millions didn’t vote on a forum poll!” fails to stay consistent because that would mean that every suggestion and every discussion on the forums should be scrapped and every imbalance with the game should remain because every single player in the game isn’t an active user on the forums voicing their opinion for or against the imbalance at hand.

In other thread I supposed to make a pop-up in-game opinion poll – one vote per account. Than would be pretty fair. The situation is special, indeed. I never meant voting here.

And I will gladly agree with the in-game opinion poll, it will be OK. By now I see no objectiveness of Anet’s decision.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Jovel.5706

The argument of, “It isn’t fair because every single player in the millions didn’t vote on a forum poll!” fails to stay consistent because that would mean that every suggestion and every discussion on the forums should be scrapped and every imbalance with the game should remain because every single player in the game isn’t an active user on the forums voicing their opinion for or against the imbalance at hand.

In other thread I supposed to make a pop-up in-game opinion poll – one vote per account. Than would be pretty fair. The situation is special, indeed. I never meant voting here.

And I will gladly agree with the in-game opinion poll, it will be OK. By now I see no objectiveness of Anet’s decision.

You’re right, that would be a special situation. But you seem to be quite confident that it would go in your favor, as I’m confident myself that it won’t and people will still try to persuade ArenaNet to sell improved T3 cultural armor skins.

This “in-game poll” is not real, but ArenaNet’s announcement is more than real, it’s underway as we speak. I also want to read your opinions on plugging this “in-game poll” idea of yours into a plausible situation. What if ArenaNet ever dares sell legendary weapon skins in the gemstore or other variations of prestigious skins in the gemstore?

Think about it, Skins =/= Weapons, it’s the reason why it’s considered “convenience” and not “pay to win” since selling legendary weapon skins means just that, skins, not the ability to change to different ascended stat spreads outside of battle. They could add effects to them as well, 800 gems each. Legendary weapons no longer need transmutation crystals, but my argument stands strong even without them, 119g is still alot higher than the 59g needed to buy the Flamekissed skin, just as 59g is much less than the +1,000g required to buy a legendary off the TP.

Tell me, should your in-game poll even try to defend such a gemstore decision?

in Black Lion Trading Co

neytiri.9105

Tell me, should your in-game poll even try to defend such a gemstore decision?

I don’t talk about legendaries at all! I suppose a poll on this very situation, when a great number of people bought this skin.

I think Anet already realized their mistake and won’t let it happen again, so there’s nothing for you to fear.

in Black Lion Trading Co

LordByron.8369

Jovel…i struggle to find any logic in your posts….
Instead of looking for absurd exception to what a pleyr could want…..could you suggest a solution that is not good only for yourself but also for Anet and peope who bought the armor?

I don t think that “the fact that a cultural armor is changed with LOT of compensation” (explained why its Worth for anet also), is worst than deleting armors to player who got them with gems….and some of them bought gems expecially to get that look.

I d really like to know how many T3 owners would not agree with getting 2 free skins.ì one of wich exclusive forever…

Consider i totally HATE T3 i get that only because on a certain colour the flame effect has a really strange effect……a thing i don t expect from any other set.

(i have a human also)

if they told me…buy a T3 and keep your as it is i would…. but the original T3 is imho ugly without flames

GW2 balance:

in Black Lion Trading Co

neytiri.9105

I see Jovel’s logic, he/she states his/her point of view quite clearly here. But I still can’t understand why the opinion of people who are against Flamekissed is more valuable than of those who are for it?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I love the original. I already bought and used a total makeover kit, expensive dye, and a full set of superior traveler runes, and i had to spend 1400 arah tokens to get the stats i wanted…. And it looks so good on my sylvari.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

Who wants the old T3 armor?

Anet, please, don’t pull off this armor from the game, just update the current T3 armor.

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Jovel.5706

Jovel…i struggle to find any logic in your posts….
Instead of looking for absurd exception to what a pleyr could want…..could you suggest a solution that is not good only for yourself but also for Anet and peope who bought the armor?

I don t think that “the fact that a cultural armor is changed with LOT of compensation” (explained why its Worth for anet also), is worst than deleting armors to player who got them with gems….and some of them bought gems expecially to get that look.

I d really like to know how many T3 owners would not agree with getting 2 free skins.ì one of wich exclusive forever…

Consider i totally HATE T3 i get that only because on a certain colour the flame effect has a really strange effect……a thing i don t expect from any other set.

(i have a human also)

if they told me…buy a T3 and keep your as it is i would….

I’ve yet to discuss a solution past that silly “in-game poll” idea that was suggested, so your search for one was for nothing since I’m arguing against the suggestion of even keeping the Flamekissed armor skin in the game, it resembles the T3 human light armor skin way too much, again, pointed out by ArenaNet themselves.

I’ve read your thread too, LordByron, and I believe that someone has already challenged your suggestion by pointing out that some people prefer T3 without the added flame and removing that option from the in-game human race would mean that they could no longer obtain it, unless they bought it before your suggestion took place.

Your counter to this was, “If you don t have it ou are not losing anything….”

This to you is a better idea than reworking the Flamekissed armor set? Nevermind STEALING an entire race’s cultural armor and replacing it with a new one that has the potential to not look as good as the current T3, but those who do not have the 119g to buy the T3 skin right now will be forever kittened if your idea goes comes true?

A person on your thread also wants to keep the Flamekissed armor skin, but suggested it to be an UPGRADE to the current T3 through the Mystic Forge, and wants the same to be done to all other cultural armors. That is a good idea for the Flamekissed armor skin, yours has been destroyed already.

So to conclude, your idea would basically steal an entire race’s T3 cultural armor, place it with some unseen armor set, give those who had the removed T3 the new one, but discontinue it forever for the new human players? No. I disagree and my argument to your idea has been summed up by someone else who provided a neat alternative to the acquisition of the Flamekissed armor set, as an upgrade to current T3 light human armor through the Mystic Forge.

in Black Lion Trading Co

LordByron.8369

I’ve read your thread too, LordByron, and I believe that someone has already challenged your suggestion by pointing out that some people prefer T3 without the added flame and removing that option from the in-game human race would mean that they could no longer obtain it, .

and as i said they are not entitled….
If you are familiar with the word “out of stock”.

Also its way more fair than taking away stuff from players.

My solution is to find a solution with minor consequences.

You seem to like the idea of a part to be damaged for little or no reason….

Wich is better?
an “out of stock” or taking away?

I would accept also the flamekiss as upgrade…..
It would still get what I desire….but i know it would not be as fair to many players

GW2 balance:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

I had Human t3 but bought the new armor because i personally think it looks better with the added effects. Now i know when they change it, itll be a skin i dont like and when i get it refunded, ill lose the new skin AND my t3 human skin and have the original tailoring celestial skin….much lose =/

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Jovel.5706

I’ve read your thread too, LordByron, and I believe that someone has already challenged your suggestion by pointing out that some people prefer T3 without the added flame and removing that option from the in-game human race would mean that they could no longer obtain it, .

and as i said they are not entitled….
If you are familiar with the word “out of stock”.

Also its way more fair than taking away stuff from players.

You’re walking on very thin ice now by using the word “Entitled”, you better mean what you wrote from this point on because I think you’re failing to realize that you’re speaking about cultural race armor, not some whacky little toy for sale on a holiday.

I find that statement of yours to be like a cop out, “Oh you’re just entitled deal with it.” But at the same time cultural armor was never in limited supply, the armor mesh for the T3 human light armor was only available to humans until recently, why should humans have to give up a popular set of cultural armor, according to you FOREVER, just because recently it was added to be used for all races, for 59g, with added effects, and transmutable without the use of transmutation stones?

ArenaNet stopped the distribution of cultural armors amongst all races at the early days of GW2 when you could share them like Order armors, it’s clear that they do not want other races to share CULTURAL armor. This is further proven with ArenaNet’s recent announcement, including their mistake of the Flamekissed armor skin resembling the human T3 armor set way more than optimum.

Every race is entitled to their own cultural armor, it’s the reason why ArenaNet keeps reinforcing this and it is the reason why every race has cultural armor to begin with. You don’t see uneven quantities of cultural armors amongst all races, they all have three to choose from for light/medium/heavy.

Your argument remains destroyed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

LordByron.8369

to tell the truth i wither can understand your point or it seems to me you just like one side to lose something and that is your main purpose…

Destroying is infact all you can say….nothing constructive…….and your points are so weak that i don t think i could even discuss them

GW2 balance:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Jovel.5706

to tell the truth i wither can understand your point or it seems to me you just like one side to lose something and that is your main purpose…

Destroying is infact all you can say….nothing constructive…….and your points are so weak that i don t think i could even discuss them

What more can I say? You know why your “solution” won’t work, you’re taking away far more than what has already been decided by ArenaNet. With your solution, future human characters would never be able to acquire the current T3 human light armor and the human race would have a new T3, which may or may not look as good as the current T3.

I haven’t provided a solution yet, but reinforce ArenaNet’s decision to keep that set out of the gemstore until it has been reworked, replacing all existing sets with that new design. I argued why leaving the Flamekissed armor set in the gemstore was a bad idea, what’s your argument towards leaving it in the gemstore?

It’s easy to understand why people were upset. Let me repeat myself for like the 6th time.

• Flamekissed costs 59g last time I checked, half an hour ago was it? Compared to the 119g that costs for current T3 human light cultural armor.
  • Flamekissed, a gemstore armor, looked EXACTLY like T3, but with an added fire effect.
  • Flamekissed is a skin, meanwhile T3 human needs 119g + more gold for transmutation crystals needed to transmute over to exotic/ascended stats since 119g buys you.. rare yellow stats.
  • Flamekissed, strongly resembling T3 human light cultural armor, is available for all races.

Knowing all of this, why keep it in the game? ArenaNet constantly continues to support the barrier between races and their cultural armor, or else I would have less characters wearing other races’ cultural armor.

Again, stop looking through my posts for a solution because I’ve yet to discuss that. I like the “make every set of cultural armor like Flamekissed and make them upgrades on the Mystic Forge” but that still supports the barrier between cultural armors.

I dislike repeating myself, but I just did. You’re not losing an armor set, you’ll get the reworked Flamekissed, but it will NOT be T3 human.

in Black Lion Trading Co

LordByron.8369

i dislike repeating myself too…
What about suggesting something so you AND player who get the flamekissed are happy?

Instead of replying with non existent possibilities of a 1 out of a 1000000000 players that could in the future desire the old skin without flame?

Some ethic suggestion rather than totally onesided maybe?

I tried as you read…..out of the accident T3 owners would get the most out of it…..without damaging anyone.

And as i said your problem is exactly this “without damaging anyone”.

I will tell it again.

I have a human ele…
I HATE the T3 i never thougt of buying it…..
The flamekiss have a unique effect that makes it really nice.

GW2 balance:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I dislike repeating myself, but I just did. You’re not losing an armor set, you’ll get the reworked Flamekissed, but it will NOT be T3 human.

That is true only if the reworked armor is of the same desirability, quality and utility to the people who have and like the current armor. If the result of the reworking doesn’t result in the character looking as good to the player as it does now, they’ve lost an armor set, because the new one is worthless to them and they aren’t going to be as happy with that character as they are now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Jovel.5706

i dislike repeating myself too…
What about suggesting something so you AND player who get the flamekissed are happy?

Instead of replying with non existent possibilities of a 1 out of a 1000000000 players that could in the future desire the old skin without flame?

Some ethic suggestion rather than totally onesided maybe?

I tried as you read…..out of the accident T3 owners would get the most out of it…..without damaging anyone.

And as i said your problem is exactly this “without damaging anyone”.

“Instead of replying with non existent possibilities of a 1 out of a 1000000000 players that could in the future desire the old skin without flame?” What are you basing your statement on? Where did you pull out those statistics? Don’t tell me you made them up on the spot because that hurts you, if not invalidates your entire argument.

“Some ethic suggestion rather than totally onesided maybe?” You’re failing to understand, selling T3 cultural armors in the gemstore is wrong, that’s as simple as I can honestly get lol. Here, want me to repeat? Selling cultural armor is wrong, it’s a nono, don’t do it, especially when one costs 119g and the other costs +59g, yet looks better.

Also, without damaging anyone? “Discontinuing the current T3 and giving everyone who currently has T3 the new design and letting them keep the old” doesn’t damage anyone? New human players, people who didn’t buy T3 yet, will be out of luck because you wanted to dress your asura in human cultural armor.

The only “least damaging” solution is to make flame version of all cultural armors, or all races’ T3 armors, and setting up Mystic Forge recipes.

People have a problem with you running around in T3 human cultural armor that 1) You only paid 59g for, 2) Your race’s armor is off limits, 3) Current cultural sets are more expensive than those in the cash shop, in this case Flamekissed.

The developers agree, or else they wouldn’t have pulled the Flamekissed armor out of the gemstore for appearing too similar to human T3. How could you not understand all of this?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ghost.6571

ghost.6571

So if i get it right: We buy something with REAL money from Anet but begause some people dont like it we have to give it back… sounds fair…Stop acting like its hard to get a t3 also its still clear you got the “real” t3 so your t3 wearing status wont change:P
Anet made a great looking skin even better, be happy, it wasnt like wearing t3 made u special.
I wish all people that are against it put all this effort in getting rid of this armor put that same effort in getting Guildhalls, now that would be usefull^^