Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

Someone just spent 475 gold lol.

English is not my native language, sorry :<

Legendary Twilight - 9500g on TP

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CorneliusCoffin.3169

CorneliusCoffin.3169

It’s probably a test of some sort. I doubt anyone who’s gone through the tribulations of crafting twilight would be willing to part with it now.
Unless they plan to quit the game, in which case making 9500 gold doesn’t make much sense either.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sicktor.7285

Sicktor.7285

Not two days ago did I get all the mats for my own twilight and then this happens? I hope this is some kind of glitch or I will shed tears for going through all that.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ShannonKasull.2091

ShannonKasull.2091

950g for test? I’m skeptical that any sane person who went through the trouble of creating a Twilight would still have 950g(10% Non-refundable Listing Fee) to spare to list it on the TP.

Conspiracy Theory
RMT Traders with the financial powers (gold) controlling the legendary market with their resources since botting is being bottlenecked.

Having enough resources to fan the market, they will still be able to control gold trade and make money off GW2 even without botting.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kanthor.2094

Kanthor.2094

The listing fee is 5%.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

Conspiracy Theory
RMT Traders with the financial powers (gold) controlling the legendary market with their resources since botting is being bottlenecked.

Having enough resources to fan the market, they will still be able to control gold trade and make money off GW2 even without botting.

holy kitten!

and more importantly, why are they even sellable? i mean, even if they weren’t, they were never legendary to begin with (unless you farm all the mats yourself). but this way, it’s just pure bullkitten.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mohmohchan.4120

Mohmohchan.4120

its a glitch. you cannot post legendaries on TP.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Sure you can its not soulbount after craft.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Velocity.4950

Velocity.4950

its a glitch. you cannot post legendaries on TP.

proof please.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nouikdus.4107

nouikdus.4107

anyone know’s how to sell items above 10G, it doesn’t seem to work for me. Finally got an exotic item to sell

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charismatic Harm.9683

Charismatic Harm.9683

anyone know’s how to sell items above 10G, it doesn’t seem to work for me. Finally got an exotic item to sell

You may be having difficulties selling items over 10g because you don’t have enough money in your inventory to cover the 5% Listing Fee. You will need to have AT LEAST 50s in your personal inventory to cover the Listing Fee. Even if you have the money in your bank, that doesn’t count. It HAS to be in your inventory.

Give that a shot and see if it works.

Guild: Member of Charter Vanguard [CV]
Logic will never win an argument on the forums…..only a sense of entitlement will.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: whiran.1473

whiran.1473

and more importantly, why are they even sellable? i mean, even if they weren’t, they were never legendary to begin with (unless you farm all the mats yourself). but this way, it’s just pure bullkitten.

What’s the problem?

Why would you be upset that legendary weapons could be put on the market?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rogacz.9865

Rogacz.9865

Because eveyr single part of them is Account Bound? And we already have items that are both Account bound and Soulbound on use?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: whiran.1473

whiran.1473

Because eveyr single part of them is Account Bound? And we already have items that are both Account bound and Soulbound on use?

But that does not explain why someone would be upset by this?

Nor is every single part of them account bound. There are various elements of a legendary that are not account bound although, yes, there are some.

So the question remains, why would someone be upset or mad that the final legendary could be sold?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: euphoria.2495

euphoria.2495

There are other items that can only be made with soulbound items and can be sold on the TP, for example, Volcanus http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Volcanus, the 2nd highest item on the TP.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Just noticed this too. I really hope it’s a joke from anet’s side, since no one is ever going to pay 9500 gold for a sword :p

Melder – Thief

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charismatic Harm.9683

Charismatic Harm.9683

Just noticed this too. I really hope it’s a joke from anet’s side, since no one is ever going to pay 9500 gold for a sword :p

Well….I really hope you don’t believe your statement. You can’t tell me that there aren’t people playing this game that would rather buy gems with real money, convert those gems to gold, then buy a Legendary weapon for 9500g instead of having to put ANY work into it…..just to show off their epeen.

While it’s not a practical means of acquiring a Legendary weapons by anyone with less than half a brain…..

If it can be done….it will be done.

Guild: Member of Charter Vanguard [CV]
Logic will never win an argument on the forums…..only a sense of entitlement will.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Its not a question of “brain” its a question of scale. My income is such I wouldn’t mind slapping $200 down to buy a legendary (or some other skin), not to show off, but because I find the look aesthetically pleasing and I would enjoy my character looking “better” than before to me rather than looking “special” to everyone else. My income is insignificantly small compared to some of my relatives. I have cousins who wouldnt blink at dropping 2-3000$ on a gift for for someone who would enjoy a new digital do-hickey. They are in turn small potatoes compared to some of their friends and acquaintances. The real world cash to buy 9500 gems is NOTHING to some people. Rich kids play video games too, and I will not be surprised in the least if that Twilight sells on Christmas morning after some kid gets his stocking stuffers convereted into gems, then gold.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

There are two reasons why someone did this.
1) they hope that some rich player will spend the ~$7000 in cash to buy gems and convert that to golds.
2), the seller is a gold seller, and is using this to incite extra large gold purchases.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Or…

Perhaps the person wanted to sell it and with that money could buy more precursor materials to make more legendaries. It is a good business tactic. The only problem is – who will bite to buy it lol.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

even then, its much cheaper to just buy the stuff yourself and make it if you have the cash anyway.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Now there’s a Bifrost up too.

At least the prices on them are getting better. Only 5921g for this one! =P

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

I’d really like to hear from Anet on this. I’m wondering if this is glitched up there or if the game really is P2W. Or should I say, pay to get endgame gear that is supposed to be the capstone of gameplay.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

I’d really like to hear from Anet on this. I’m wondering if this is glitched up there or if the game really is P2W. Or should I say, pay to get endgame gear that is supposed to be the capstone of gameplay.

im pretty sure less than 5% of the population has 9500gold. to burn. and if someone did and decided to spend it all on twilight then that person should have it. the end.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

im pretty sure less than 5% of the population has 9500gold. to burn. and if someone did and decided to spend it all on twilight then that person should have it. the end.

9,500 gold = 9,000 dollars.

Your 5% is waaaaay too high, try 0.5%.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CptSlater.2457

CptSlater.2457

UPDATE:
The info provided previously was incorrect.

Official (and final) answer from Support:

“Legendaries CAN be sold if they have never been equipped. Once equipped, the item becomes “soul bound” but until the time that it is equipped — and unless it IS equipped — it legitimately can be sold on the Trading Post."

(edited by CptSlater.2457)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brassnautilus.2941

Brassnautilus.2941

so i heard there are farmers selling them for 700 bucks, before karma nerf

in Black Lion Trading Co

Nike.2631

Actually, the coversion rate gets much better when you convert a lot of gems in one whack. I’d guess you could get 9500 gems for about 6,500 dollars, Maybe less.

And percentages of population mean nothing in this case: you only need ONE buyer and the deal is done.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Nike.2631

Official answer from Support:

“If you’ve found any Legendary items for sale on the Trading Post, this is not
functioning as designed and should not be possible. We would need more information
on what you saw, as well as screenshots to investigate this issue further.”

So it’s a bug or some error in Trading Post.

Since it would take Support about 1 second to check this (its on the bloody front page), I think we can rule out them being ignorant that this is happening.

(edited by Nike.2631)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Nike.2631

even then, its much cheaper to just buy the stuff yourself and make it if you have the cash anyway.

If you think a few thousand dollars is dirt (and those people exist) then getting the shiney without having to slog all over Tyria for the map completion is worth it. Having to perform the Ritual of Jumping 100 times for the Gift of Battle is entirely too much of a pain in the butt when you can just buy it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Groovy.6749

Groovy.6749

Who would just waste 475g just to rub his legendary in people’s face, knowing that one could/would ever be able to afford this ? That is the $64,000 question here.

Whether we are talking about a genuine player/power trader/hacker/botter/etc.., the guy is still a kitten lol

I bet he is lol’ing at this thread as we speak xD

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BUTTERBLUME.3217

BUTTERBLUME.3217

Funny thought:

The person controlling the dusk market posted the twilight sell and buy orders to drive up dusk prices

I would do it if I were him.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Groovy.6749

Groovy.6749

Funny thought:

The person controlling the dusk market posted the twilight sell and buy orders to drive up dusk prices

Put your orichalcum foil hat on…they’re coming xD

It actually is a possibility lol, which leads me to think that if someone can just afford to waste roughly half a grand in gold….just to spike the prices up for one type of legendary…and find that an acceptable loss, well the economy is screwed. Big time.

Where are the good news to be found when you need them ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaith.9132

Zaith.9132

I hope the Legendaries (Bifrost is up now too) are taken down forcefully so that their listing fees are wasted. The legendaries are being placed to sell at a price much higher than it costs to craft them from scratch. It cheats players who have to complete the map to make legendaries, and encourages and facilitates gold buyers. In fact, I’m pretty sure the trade is a fishy one.

/me tips transmuted tier-3 crafted hat

in Black Lion Trading Co

CptSlater.2457

Support said it is not intended. But legendaries are on TP for days now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ulquiorra.6903

I said less than 5%…..0.5% is less than 5% lol

I hope the Legendaries (Bifrost is up now too) are taken down forcefully so that their listing fees are wasted. The legendaries are being placed to sell at a price much higher than it costs to craft them from scratch. It cheats players who have to complete the map to make legendaries, and encourages and facilitates gold buyers. In fact, I’m pretty sure the trade is a fishy one.

Lol what? If they are being placed at an omega price then don’t buy it….ur argument Is just silly. The sell cost is much higher? Maybe for mats that you can buy. But what about others… What is your value of 1.1m+ karma, or gift of battle, or world complete, or 300+ skillpoints…….just no.

Funny thought:

So assuming it was the same person…he spent 900g( it was listed twice) to raise dusk by a few more gold……k lol

(edited by Ulquiorra.6903)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: florence.1674

florence.1674

I can’t believe support……

Look at this screenshot! I have an Incinerator that I just crafted, not used yet. I right clicked on it, and selected Sell at Trading Post.

I don’t have to do funny things to induce any bugs. It’s just SELLABLE!

Attachments:

WvW law #1: nobody in WvW can count.

in Black Lion Trading Co

BUTTERBLUME.3217

So assuming it was the same person…he spent 900g( it was listed twice) to raise dusk by a few more gold……k lol

In case we start assuming:

That person wants dusk at 600 gold and has 50k gold in his inventory.. Yeah I think it is a good deal for him.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Official answer from Support:

“If you’ve found any Legendary items for sale on the Trading Post, this is not
functioning as designed and should not be possible. We would need more information
on what you saw, as well as screenshots to investigate this issue further.”

So it’s a bug or some error in Trading Post.

Hey, guys,

You need to know: Legendaries are not soul-bound until equipped. So they can, legitimately, be sold on the TP. Once equipped, however, they become soul-bound.

I’m sorry that someone got an incorrect answer from Support about this issue. We have identified the ticket and we will begin the beati…. I mean “gently correct the agent who gave the misinformation.”

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Booler.6598

Booler.6598

It’s smells like a mock support answer if you ask me. I thought its common knowledge from launch you can sell these , there’s no problem with it

Always in all ways

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

You need to know: Legendaries are not soul-bound until equipped. So they can, legitimately, be sold on the TP. Once equipped, however, they become soul-bound.

This is terrible! Legendary weapons are supposed to show that players have mastered various aspects of the game.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Felicela.2810

Felicela.2810

This is terrible! Legendary weapons are supposed to show that players have mastered various aspects of the game.

Currently the only real aspect it shows you mastered is Time and RNG. I hate saying that I really do but, all ingredients can be collected with enough time/money and the other half are made through RNG.

Cant wait for the scavenger hunt version.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

You mean endless grind? All it shows it that people have alot of time/money to waste for a cosmetic skin. At least I thought* it was common knowledge you can sell legendaries when the game launched because Trading Post has its own search bar for “Legendaries” to buy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Remember that the Legendary-related achievement involves equipping the item, not just getting it. I think that encourages players to equip, therefore keeping a lot of Legendaries out of the marketplace. Just my perception, but something I wanted to share.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

That is interesting. I have a lot of Gifts of Mastery and Obsidian Shards (Karma), and I think that if I just bought all of the other materials, I could easily turn a major profit essentially ‘selling’ my Gifts of Mastery and Karma for convenience fees by creating legendaries en masse. The only cost associated with this is the opportunity cost of getting your first legendary in the first place. The rest pays for itself. I imagine people wealthy enough will take advantage of this in a heartbeat.

This concerns me because ANet has taken a firm stance against converting Karma into Gold in the past (though that was per a merchant, this would be through other players). It’d be a lot more convenient if, assuming this is all working as intended, I could just sell my stupid Gifts of Mastery and Karma on the TP.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Black Lion Trading Co

CptSlater.2457

Thank you for your answer and have mercy on him

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JK Arrow.7102

JK Arrow.7102

I’ve wondered this for a while now…why are items sellable (not account bound) when some of the items used to craft them are account bound?

I’m a little disappointed in this direction as a whole. At release I had hoped that Legendary items were going to show the players that earned them got them by playing through many parts of the game. I would have thought that the parts used to craft the items could not be bought but must be earned. I would have assumed that once crafted, the item would be account bound.

None of my assumptions hold true. There are minimal actual game activities that need to be accomplished in order to get one – 100% map and 500 WvW badges. The rest of the items needed can be bought by gold or with real life money. Playing the TP all day will get you further towards a legendary than leveling up 3-4 alts to 80. The item can then be sold to others when created.

It makes it seem an awful lot less legendary to me…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ulquiorra.6903

That person wants dusk at 600 gold and has 50k gold in his inventory.. Yeah I think it is a good deal for him.

Even if you don’t want to assume it was both…ur saying he paid 475g to increase the price of an item that is already steadily increasing? When there will be something in the near future that will cause another burst?…to me it seems pointless and will bear no fruit there are so many reasons I think it’s a bad idea but then again I don’t have 9500g so sure why not

in Black Lion Trading Co

BUTTERBLUME.3217

Even if you don’t want to assume it was both…ur saying he paid 475g to increase the price of an item that is already steadily increasing? When there will be something in the near future that will cause another burst?…to me it seems pointless and will bear no fruit there are so many reasons I think it’s a bad idea but then again I don’t have 9500g so sure why not

I do not think that person posted the 9k gold twilight, unless it was for trolling purposes.

If he is involved, he placed the buy orders at 2k+ to raise the prices of lodestones and dusk, since he is most likely involved in both markets.

But then again, I would not care either way and was not completely serious about this to begin with.