Recent Market Shifts

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

The economy has returned to the state it was in before the bots were banned but with a much reduced drop rate of rare/exotic items causing inflation at one end, and deflation at the other.

The effect of this is that normal players earn less gold during their playtime (due to cheaper prices of common/fine/rare items), while the things they want to buy become more expensive (exotics or other rare components in high demand).

Personally I find this state of affairs very depressing….

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: The Blue Ace.2850

The Blue Ace.2850

While legendarys should be hard to acquire the problem is the games purpose is to make everyone feel equal, no forced healers or tanks.

However with the lodestones there is a serious unfairness.
100 molten lodestones for players who use a hammer, 75 gold.
100 charged lodestones for players who use a greatsword, 400 gold.

If your casual player and don’t believe in playing the market, (which I think myself is ruining the spirit of the game.) then your gonna have to spent so many more hours on getting gold than other players.

Its just unfair, simple as that.

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

While legendarys should be hard to acquire the problem is the games purpose is to make everyone feel equal, no forced healers or tanks.

However with the lodestones there is a serious unfairness.
100 molten lodestones for players who use a hammer, 75 gold.
100 charged lodestones for players who use a greatsword, 400 gold.

If your casual player and don’t believe in playing the market, (which I think myself is ruining the spirit of the game.) then your gonna have to spent so many more hours on getting gold than other players.

Its just unfair, simple as that.

The simple solution to this would be to implement an NPC/Mystic forge recipe to allow for one type of core/lodestone etc to be converted to another thus equalizing the price across all rare components.

Similarly the conversion between 1 type or precursor and another would solve the issue of some being more valuable than another.

Oh and allow doubloons to be crafted reliably somehow before that goes crazy too

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ryuuza.9258

Ryuuza.9258

I’m going to say this I’ve played 900 hours over the past 3 month and half. i haven’t played the TP and I’ll tell you this I’m not 20% close to getting my legendary. So for the people not playing the tp and just playing the game, getting a legendary is a far away dream.

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

I’m going to say this I’ve played 900 hours over the past 3 month and half. i haven’t played the TP and I’ll tell you this I’m not 20% close to getting my legendary. So for the people not playing the tp and just playing the game, getting a legendary is a far away dream.

I started going for my legendary actively at around 600 hours.

I’m at 750 hours and 75% done towards Bolt, one of the expensive ones.

I do not play the TP

You are doing something very……very wrong.

That is all

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ryuuza.9258

I do not play the TP

That is all

Not rly I’ve just spread out my resource a bit over 4 lvl 80’s but still long term is still very dubious if its like 600+ hours.

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

The Blue Ace.2850

I do not play the TP

That is all

Then tell us Mr Ath, how do you go about earning your gold for your legendary without playing the market, because 90% of us would be very interested in that.

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ath.2531

I do not play the TP

That is all

Then tell us Mr Ath, how do you go about earning your gold for your legendary without playing the market, because 90% of us would be very interested in that.

Power farming. 2-3G per hour guaranteed, regardless of loot nerfs or not

Piken Square, EU

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

The Blue Ace.2850

I do not play the TP

That is all

So your telling me that if say I wanted to get 100 charged lodestones I should power farm for over 100 hours, doing the same thing over and over again.

Lol thats not fun or entertaining thats slave labor.

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ath.2531

I do not play the TP

That is all

So your telling me that if say I wanted to get 100 charged lodestones I should power farm for over 100 hours, doing the same thing over and over again.

Lol thats not fun or entertaining thats slave labor.

If you want it as bad as you seem to, you will become as efficient as possible, disregarding every other activity in the game for the one cause: a Legendary. If you don’t; Well, that’s not too bad. Maybe you don’t want it that bad, or that fast for that matter…

Piken Square, EU

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ryuuza.9258

I do not play the TP

That is all

I don’t think power farming works that well and I prefer spending 600+ hours doing what I like and find fun than go mindless grinding stuff. It’s a game where you suppose to enjoy lol.

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ath.2531

It’s a game where you suppose to enjoy lol.

Precisely!

Piken Square, EU

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

The best way to make money in this game is spend less time writing novels on the forums and more time in the game.

500 Deadly Blooms for Twilight Arbor… if I get a 66 a day, it’s less than 8 runs.

500 Badges in WvW. Well, I’ve decided to do it with blood, not jumping puzzles. I’m getting about 15/day, which means just over a month of daily play.

The rest is just selling what you get and buying dribs and drabs of the items you need for them.

All this to shoot rainbows at people.. works for me

Keep Legendaries for the legendary players. If it takes 2 years to get, that’s fine by me.. I’ll be here for as long as the game is around. I expect it will get more fun when the “I want my legendary today!!” whiners run back home to WoW.

A

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

The Blue Ace.2850

The best way to make money in this game is spend less time writing novels on the forums and more time in the game.

500 Deadly Blooms for Twilight Arbor… if I get a 66 a day, it’s less than 8 runs.

500 Badges in WvW. Well, I’ve decided to do it with blood, not jumping puzzles. I’m getting about 15/day, which means just over a month of daily play.

The rest is just selling what you get and buying dribs and drabs of the items you need for them.

All this to shoot rainbows at people.. works for me

Keep Legendaries for the legendary players. If it takes 2 years to get, that’s fine by me.. I’ll be here for as long as the game is around. I expect it will get more fun when the “I want my legendary today!!” whiners run back home to WoW.

A

sigh Another person who does not see the bigger picture.

This isn’t about making legendarys easier, its about balancing the materials needed for legendarys and the cost of said materials, so that every legendary is fair.

I swear all the people who make comments about lodestones being fine on here are just saying that because they are not making that legendary that requires 400 golds worth of them themselfs.

Would you honestly be saying the same thing to me if the opal orbs you need for your gun were 4 gold each?

Because thats the price that greatsword seekers are having to deal with right now, thats right, a single material requirement (charged lodestones) cost more than the precursor. (400 gold for the whole 100 of them)

And this is simply due to the lack of places to get them, cores also.
Same goes for onyx too.

I’m not paying 320 gold more than other players just so I can keep using the weapon I’ve used all the way through the game until now.

Note where I’ve taken the screenshot, so there, I’m not wasting me time writing novels thx, I am working for my legendary unlike the rest of you that got it for laughable cheap prices.

Attachments:

(edited by The Blue Ace.2850)

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: AXEL.5746

AXEL.5746

With all due respect, I think you are missing “the bigger picture”. In no way do all legendary prices have to be the same or even close. Part of the reason certain mats are much higher is due to an economic reality called DEMAND. People want the flashy greatswords because they are the most noticeable and thus willing to pay more for them.

Can’t afford it? Go for a cheaper legendary like I am, instead of my first pick, or work for the other one. Work some extra hours and buy some gems then convert to gold.

Let me repeat that again….it’s not supposed to be the same. It’s a great lesson for life. The amount of entitlement and people whining how they don’t want to work for their legendary weapons in this forum is sickening. Look, it’s a game. It’s optional to play and optional to get a legendary. One of the greatest reasons people want them is because they are rare/hard to get. If they weren’t then they lose all their value/appeal.

Yes prices are inflated through the roof and I do think drops could be improved in less bot friendly zones, such as higher level fractals and event chests but everything else is a suppply/demand econ 101 course. Learn and prosper, use the market to your advantage.

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

The Blue Ace.2850

With all due respect, I think you are missing “the bigger picture”. In no way do all legendary prices have to be the same or even close. Part of the reason certain mats are much higher is due to an economic reality called DEMAND. People want the flashy greatswords because they are the most noticeable and thus willing to pay more for them.

Can’t afford it? Go for a cheaper legendary like I am, instead of my first pick, or work for the other one. Work some extra hours and buy some gems then convert to gold.

Let me repeat that again….it’s not supposed to be the same. It’s a great lesson for life. The amount of entitlement and people whining how they don’t want to work for their legendary weapons in this forum is sickening. Look, it’s a game. It’s optional to play and optional to get a legendary. One of the greatest reasons people want them is because they are rare/hard to get. If they weren’t then they lose all their value/appeal.

Yes prices are inflated through the roof and I do think drops could be improved in less bot friendly zones, such as higher level fractals and event chests but everything else is a suppply/demand econ 101 course. Learn and prosper, use the market to your advantage.

Sorry but I was under the impression that arena.net was trying to make all classes equal, (no tank/healer e.g.)

And yet great sword users have to pay 325 more gold than hammer wielders.

But even with what your saying is true, I’ve seen countless cores and lodestones drop from other places, except onyx and charged which makes the prices even higher.

I do not think these prices were what arena.net had in mind.
And until an arena.net employee says otherwise, I will continue to keep bringing this topic back to the forums.

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: AXEL.5746

AXEL.5746

If what you are saying that some cores are more rare than others as far as drop rates I would agree that this should be fixed. These prices are ridiculous mostly because farming is not very efficient at this point because they (Anet) are scared of making it too easy for bots. That being said they have no excuse for not fixing it.

They do need to implement a better way to reward legit players, I think by adding better loot to WvW kills and event/fractal chests while not changing the drop rates from normal mobs. If this is what you are getting at I think everyone agrees with this. However they have to do this gradually or else players, especially those with legendaries, will complain of the huge market shift.

I still believe the reason the cores you speak of are much more expensive because they are part of by far the most common legendary crafted. If you play an hour of WvW you will see more greatswords than all others combined. But the greatswords are by far the coolest. At the very least they could add trail effects to all legendaries to try and even demand some but I doubt they will.

At current prices, just gift of fortune mats will cost over 300g, so obviously most people wont be crafting a legendary for some time without doing a gold exchange.

(edited by AXEL.5746)

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

The Blue Ace.2850

All I want is to come on to the game daily and leave thinking “ok I got my daily 2 or 3 lodestones, I’ll get it in the end”

But I’m refused even that much, because of Orr temples not being open all of the time or forced to do fractals or CoE. Both of which I’ve done countless times and sick of them both.

And I’ll never play the market, its because of that that this problem is here in the first place.

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Thank you, Axel, for taking the time to respond to our respected colleague.

My personal experience is that there are more males (who play this game) who want the Legendary Great Sword over the Legendary Short Bow. Demand is demand.

I want to shoot rainbows, why don’t you?

To me, it’s a much cooler effect to see in combat than a big flat sheet of shiny metal on a Commander’s back as they show their prowess at following a zerg they learned by repeating a hundred times from those who figured it out through research and planning.

Blue Ace, are you the only person left alive who doesn’t work in marketing, or at least understand how market psychology works?

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Llyr.8763

Llyr.8763

Precursors are around 1000’s of gold on my server. I don’t even try.

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

The Blue Ace.2850

I’ve stopped playing for now, theres nothing to do.
I’ve got my gifts of fortune and mastery and everything for the gift of sunrise except the lodestones and Dawn, both of which are not worth the time as they currently are on the market.

I’ve done dailys each day but I’m sick of it now, nothing rewards you effectively in gold for honest hard work and yet some market players have like what? 2000 gold now?

A.net needs to rethink their market.

Attachments:

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: chum.1892

chum.1892

I agree with The Blue Ace above. Theres nothing to do. I have everything for a legendary except a precursor. I had 200g in the bank and just as a last ditch attempt, I burned it all mfing exotics with nothing to show for it. Whats the point in farming when DR punishes normal people? DR does not affect bots in the same way, bots are fine farming porous bones because they “play” so much it accumulates into a decent gold per minute rate.

John Smith’s views on the economy are off. There is hyper inflation going on, and he doesn’t even see it. You won’t notice it in the majority of items because most items are garbage at lvl 80 and those items will float around vendor price (This is pretty much scrap value). For most long time players there is only 1 item left to buy, and that is a precursor. The precursor is your consumer price index since any other item is not really necessary (gear doesnt wear out like clothes). Now take The lover for example. The lover has jumped from 240g to 500g in 3 weeks. It more than doubled in 3 weeks.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Any qualified economist can see that this is a real issue. It would be like if the price of gas per gallon in the US tomorrow is $12. Everyone would freak out.

Free market does not mean an unregulated market. Theres a reason why monopolies get broken up and why the US government regulates the price of objects like Milk.

If anyone is to blame for ruining this game, it is the economist. The economist in GW2 has removed all incentives to play. He has basically created a carrot that disappears the more you walk. So why would any horse keep walking?

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Legendary weapons should take a legendary effort to obtain. No more, no less.

Whilst I agree with this statement, the current “legendary effort” is put into marketeering, rather than deeds on the battlefield. This doesn’t seem particularly heroic, epic, or legendary.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

The Blue Ace.2850

Whilst I agree with this statement, the current “legendary effort” is put into marketeering, rather than deeds on the battlefield. This doesn’t seem particularly heroic, epic, or legendary.

I agree fully with this statement, most people who have legendarys are bots, goldseller and people who play the market, whats legendary about that?
Best thing they could do it make legendary s unequipable till you have at least 3k of achievement points.

So that market players have to PLAY THE GAME.

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

The Blue Ace.2850

I agree fully with this statement, most people who have legendarys are bots, goldseller and people who play the market, whats legendary about that?
Best thing they could do is to make legendarys unequipable till you have at least 3k of achievement points.

So that market players have to PLAY THE GAME.

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

The Lover is really a problem. Yesterday it cost 350g with buy order, now it’s 380g.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sojournion.1847

Sojournion.1847

Dusk and Dawn is now at 610 and 622.

GW2 economics now could be manipulated by gold sellers now or maybe nexon

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

I agree with almost everything currently said.

Legendaries should be LEGENDARY. Not I HAVE 1.7K GOLD.

That’s actually what it costs for Sunrise and Twilight. 1.7k GOLD

The lodestones are totally bullkitten. Why is it over 4g to buy a single lodestone for Sunrise? Shouldn’t all legendaries be equally legendary? Hell, why should I have to farm for MONTHS on end to get a single, minor part of my legendary. No lodestone should be worth more than 1g. 100g sounds reasonable.

The same with precursors. Did you know that currentl, for the price of Dusk, you could buy almost TWENTY Rages. Rage is the precursor for the harpoon gun.

Now, of course, nobody wants the harpoon gun and that’s fine to expect there may be a little difference in price, but 20x the price? JUST for the precursor? That’s insanity.

Not only this, has anyone taken a look at the prices of elaborate totems? They’re sky rocketing. 70g just for a stack.

noice

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

The problem is too much emphasis on using TP to get precursor materials for a legendary. Those who have gotten hold of plenty are controlling the market since the influx is not high enough.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Those who have gotten hold of plenty are controlling the market since the influx is not high enough.

There appears to be a difference of opinion in this forum. People are split into two camps.

• Camp #1, Capitalist Purists: The market is deciding the price of items and so therefore the prices are high due to there being low supply. This is fine because the market will decide the price for us.
  • Camp #1, Skeptics: The market price is manipulated by manipulators/speculators whose interest is served in seeing the prices remain as high as possible.
Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

Those who have gotten hold of plenty are controlling the market since the influx is not high enough.

There appears to be a difference of opinion in this forum. People are split into two camps.

• Camp #1, Capitalist Purists: The market is deciding the price of items and so therefore the prices are high due to there being low supply. This is fine because the market will decide the price for us.
  • Camp #1, Skeptics: The market price is manipulated by manipulators/speculators whose interest is served in seeing the prices remain as high as possible.

Camp 1 has two sub camps:
The non-interventionists who believe high expenses on everything is good for the game – and want no intervention.

The interventionists who believe prices are too high, locking out too many players – and want intervention to allow more sellers to enter the market.

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ruruuiye.8912

Ruruuiye.8912

Agree entirely and that, I think, is the discussion we should be having – what exactly do we want legendaries to reflect in their wielders? Gems laid down for gold to straight up buy a legendary? Skill in manipulating the TP? Time spent grinding its components?

Unfortunately, there’s no real reward of legendaries to those who help keep the trains running at the Orr temples, tirelessly defend Quaggans or such…

In my opinion, even if market manipulation had, in fact, absolutely nothing to do with attaining a legendary, just the popular belief that this is the case damages the value of the legendary. I do wonder how big camp 1 or 2 really is outside of these forums though. I have a feeling most people belong in camp 3 – Don’t Care.

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Maso.2798

Maso.2798

I am also wondering when a bot account is banned, does it mean all TP buy and sell orders from that account is cancelled/deleted? Meaning the current money and the current items really disappear from the market? Or it only prevents future inflow of goods and money?

(edited by Maso.2798)

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: GoTiK.7380

GoTiK.7380

…and this is why I don’t even care or bother to have a Legendary (aka “Pretty”-expensive) weapon, I don’t have a problem carrying a small “you know what” :P

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

I think honestly that there are 4 camps….

Camp 1) happy with how things are.
Camp 2) unhappy with how things are, demanding that it be fixed but giving no input as to how.
Camp 3) unhappy with how things are, outraged at market manipulation, asking that things be fixed by <insert market manipulation policy here>.
Camp 4) unaware of any conflict and drama, marginal users of the trading post and/or generally uninterested in ‘shiny legendaries’.

Camp 2 is vocal but not sharp enough to realize how to fix the problem.
Camp 3 is vocal, and proudly wears their ability to not think rationally on their sleeves, by demanding solutions far worse than the perceived problem.

Want to fix it? That’s simple: Anet needs to do nothing. Anything more is the same market manipulation that camps 2&3 are crying foul about – except it would be actual manipulation, not simply perceived or assumed. Instead, you need to work in the market. Make yourself rich any way you can. It takes research and work. But when you contribute the marketplace, you broaden the base of the market and you make the will of the individual less able to manipulate things. Yes! No longer will a single player be able to buy up all the spicy veggie chili, relisting it at a gold/ea (and if you get angry at the thought of someone doing that – think on it. Kudos to anyone who laughs at the ludicrousness of the image)

End of the day: this is a game. Get upset over flat tires, higher taxes, or lost jobs. Getting upset over a game is silly.

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

I think honestly that there are 4 camps….

Camp 1) happy with how things are.
Camp 2) unhappy with how things are, demanding that it be fixed but giving no input as to how.
Camp 3) unhappy with how things are, outraged at market manipulation, asking that things be fixed by <insert market manipulation policy here>.
Camp 4) unaware of any conflict and drama, marginal users of the trading post and/or generally uninterested in ‘shiny legendaries’.

Camp 2 is vocal but not sharp enough to realize how to fix the problem.
Camp 3 is vocal, and proudly wears their ability to not think rationally on their sleeves, by demanding solutions far worse than the perceived problem.

Want to fix it? That’s simple: Anet needs to do nothing. Anything more is the same market manipulation that camps 2&3 are crying foul about – except it would be actual manipulation, not simply perceived or assumed. Instead, you need to work in the market. Make yourself rich any way you can. It takes research and work. But when you contribute the marketplace, you broaden the base of the market and you make the will of the individual less able to manipulate things. Yes! No longer will a single player be able to buy up all the spicy veggie chili, relisting it at a gold/ea (and if you get angry at the thought of someone doing that – think on it. Kudos to anyone who laughs at the ludicrousness of the image)

End of the day: this is a game. Get upset over flat tires, higher taxes, or lost jobs. Getting upset over a game is silly.

A game that takes research and work huh? Well that’s a new one.

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aeneas.6852

Aeneas.6852

You want to prevent people from farming, but on the other hand you ask for so much supply to actually play the (end)game.

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

My honest opinion? Let the botters back in for a few months, and prices on mats will fall, then at some critical level, make sweeping bans of bots and go gestapo a few months on such things until the prices go back up, rinse/repeat… the hilarity of it all is that any society has an economy and for both to be healthy you have to accept the fact that the underworld plays a large part in it (here, the underworld being the RMTs). And as in real life, the balance usually is in keeping it in the shadows and pruning the ones dumb enough to get caught out of said shadows.

Want something more ideal for your video game? Increase drop rates, especially on the top dollar items, roll the DR back hardcore, give the ban hammer to the wild man and set his sights on bots and RMTs. OR instead of rolling back the DR, make the mystic forge recipes a bit more reliable (and rewarding considering the numbers of lower tier mats involved) for upgrading materials and other such things, make all legendary items account bound (not tradeable… those on the AH scream RMT whether they are or not), do something about southsun cove… great place, perfect break from orr… but not many farming groups run around there for lack of really good event chains, and indeed, the last couple times i visited the place was even more of a ghost town because the rich ori vein vanished, making all you need for t6 mat farming there is a quick trip to the mouth of the karka nest and a sweep across the green area of the island (getting around the champ is a waste of time for 3 ori ore).

Back to the point at hand and the general economy… my personal peeve is the price of gems to buy with in game gold, and to be more specific: Fine Transmutation stones. I chew through these things like they are made of candy, and 360 gems @ 1.80 – 2g/100
is a nasty penalty for someone who doesn’t have a posse, cliq, crewe, friends who play, w/e or time to build such for day long dungeon spamming (the only way to REALLY rake in the cash with any regularity). And I understand some extent of the penalty for playing casually and mostly flying solo, but as many have pointed out, this IS a game, and it IS supposed to be relaxing for someone to get on for a couple hours after work or w/e and feel some accomplishment… But here, now with 10 80s (soon to be 11) across 2 accounts, the costs involved with just making them look good, let alone stressing over a legendary, are insane and this is why I gripe here.

On a side note… what’s up with things like volcanus and other “special” mystic forge items? Other than the glowing glitter better suited for Liberachi’s piano, and the cost ofc, how did these not end up as legendary skins? Actually I would vote for a rarity upgrade due to the costs involved to Ascended when such things are ready to be put in play.

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bluemonkey.1762

bluemonkey.1762

I feel that getting a legendary is an optional achievement & should be something that takes a lot of time & resources.

If some are more expensive than others, so be it. On the characters that I’ve played, greatsword has routinely been my favorite weapon. If that’s true for everyone, it makes sense that it should be more expensive. If you want a cheaper legendary, figure out how to build a character around a different weapon. The reward for the path less traveled is therefore cheaper in the end but harder to dedicate oneself to at the start.

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

There is no need to let the botters back in game. A simpler and safer way of controlling the price increase is to make things sellable only once on the TP. You get a drop, if you need it use it, if you don’t, sell it on the TP. The person that buys it just made it an account bound item. This will stop the power sellers from artificially inflating the price on items just to make a profit. You will see prices adjust to the actual supply and demand, not the artificial ones we see now.

There is a reason the real world market is nearly in ruin, why do we want to keep repeating that in the virtual one?

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

There is no need to let the botters back in game. A simpler and safer way of controlling the price increase is to make things sellable only once on the TP. You get a drop, if you need it use it, if you don’t, sell it on the TP. The person that buys it just made it an account bound item. This will stop the power sellers from artificially inflating the price on items just to make a profit. You will see prices adjust to the actual supply and demand, not the artificial ones we see now.

There is a reason the real world market is nearly in ruin, why do we want to keep repeating that in the virtual one?

Do you work for on of the console companies that want to crush the used game market? Or just some kind of anti-capitalist?

Account bound on purchase from the TP? That idea is simply crazy. It undermines the entire point of a free market. Might as well cap the selling price the way they set a minimum sell price at the TP (which is still too low BTW if you take the fees into account).

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I would like to know how you differentiate between actual Supply vs Demand, and artificial?

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: The Brigadier.3847

The Brigadier.3847

The primary issue is demand is still fairly inelastic no matter the price the demand stays very close to the same.

Those who have nothing to hide have nothing to fear, For I am the Law and the Law is not mocked.

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: fractalKinesis.8569

fractalKinesis.8569

I actually kind of like this idea. But it will still ensure that the bots are the ones that profit the most.

Xiro, High Five Warriors [HFW], Jade Quarry

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MiloSales.8560

MiloSales.8560

I agree. Real markets have regulation for a reason: because once a group accumulates enough wealth, they can use it to manipulate prices with false scarcity.

Too much laissez faire approach from the devs here imo.

Matts should be account bound on purchase.

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FirstBlood.7359

FirstBlood.7359

The rich, the poor and speculation by evil capitalists. GuildWars2 has it all. The entire debate about legendaries is somewhat funny, because it illustrates how narrow-minded most people are. First of all, legendary weapons are the prime example for Conspicuous Consumption (insert wikipedia link here!). Now we come to the funny part: everyone that demands to make legendaries easier to obtain forgets, why these items are so precious and valuable to players in the first place. Removing the difficulty removes the legendary status. In the end most complaints boil down to envy “others have it, but I don’t!”.

Speculation doesn’t increase prices, especially in such market as the BLTC with its thousands of players. Speculation is even good, because it helps the market the move to the equilibrium. Further “playing the market” is costly as well: time and knowledge to gather information and to execute all the transactions. Not to mention the risks involved with any speculation and the high transaction fee on top of it.

Tz tz

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: aeneq.1760

aeneq.1760

Dunno if loot changes will change much, if the drop rate is high then equivalent item on tp will sell for less than the crafted version. Also I think you underestimate the number of items going into the toilet for the chance of an exotic to sell which also will lower the price of said item.

Only way to improve crafting profit is to make the craftable gear not available in toilet or in drop scenarios.

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kinjiru.2439

Kinjiru.2439

Hey, it is great that you guys are fighting bots and such. But could you not use some resources to improve the tp. The UI is horrible. Some love the play the market, and it is horrible if you have lots of pages to go through, with an horrible load rate. Why not instead have everything shown in total. Why can’t you put custom orders, like buy 2000 of something, sell 2000 of something. Is there a reason you can only put 2000 items on the tp and then be met by error code? Have you guys seen the Eve online market place? I’m just saying, shouldn’t the TP UI and functionalities be improved?

Recent Market Shifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

But EVE centers around massive corporations and their resources, of course the market place there deals with massive movement of goods and is designed to handle it.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes