Bloodstone dust

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Psycho Robot.7835

Psycho Robot.7835

This is absurd. Divide all bloodstone values in the game by 100. You go from needing 100 to craft a brick to needing 1, and you go from getting 30 per champion box to having a 33% chance to get one.

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Hu ??? explain some more.

I thought Pile of Bloodstone Dust was basically a guaranteed drop from champion loot bags. Explain some more. Less rage this time please.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Psycho Robot.7835

You get 30 per box, so you have a complete stack after opening just a few boxes. you very quickly get 10 or 20 full stacks. And the refinement takes 100 and turns them into 1 brick. There’s no reason to clog players’ inventory with so much dust when it all equates to so few bricks.

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Yeah I opened just over 200 boxes today and got like 10 stacks -____- really what the hell am I gonna do with all of these?

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Condas.7056

Condas.7056

They are accountbound then I assume? I have over 600 boxes to open when I get home from work…

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

They are accountbound then I assume? I have over 600 boxes to open when I get home from work…

They sure are.

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Psycho Robot.7835

I hope you have enough scratch to get to 450 crafting, because unless you refine those, or throw 90% of them away, you won’t have room for that much dust.

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

I really don’t understand why such common crafting materials have to be account bound. It’s like those stupid apples…why on earth are they account bound?

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Condas.7056

Condas.7056

I hope you have enough scratch to get to 450 crafting, because unless you refine those, or throw 90% of them away, you won’t have room for that much dust.

Actually not even doing 500 crafting. Focusing on 2 Twilights right (wife’s and mine for eternity) now so it isn’t even on my radar yet. Guess I will destroy them.

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

anzenketh.3759

Actually not even doing 500 crafting. Focusing on 2 Twilights right (wife’s and mine for eternity) now so it isn’t even on my radar yet. Guess I will destroy them.

I would keep them refine them into what can be sold a Vision Crystal

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

the 250-500 stack expander must be coming next patch, followed by a sale on bank tabs

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

It’s a bit ridiculous. I was expecting/hoping I might get 200 bloodstone dust from opening my champ boxes. Ending up with 7 stacks of 250…

I do have to wonder they just didn’t make it require 10 bloodstone dust instead of 100, and make them drop in quantities of 1-5.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I 100% agree. There is no reason for us to get so many and then need 100. This just fills up inventory space. Reduce the number you get and make it 10.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Psycho Robot.7835

Doesn’t matter if its 10 per brick or 1, it needs to be way way lower. Basically everyone saved their boxes in the last few weeks of the farm fest, and now basically everyone has more dust than they can handle.

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Basically everyone saved their boxes in the last few weeks of the farm fest, and now basically everyone has more dust than they can handle.

That was one time. If someone were to gather the boxes now, it would go much slower.
Of course, this is the only of the three mats for Vision Crystal that really is farmable. The other two are timegated, and drop in lesser quantities.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

What box’s?

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Why the heck would ya open ALL of your boxes in one sitting??

They’re not lottery tickets, they don’t just magically expire…

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

Oh u can refine them dust? Gonna refine mine 9500 dust then

vvuevv

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I knew I’d have heaps of dust (that’s what mules are for…). I opened all mine because I wanted the Ori, Ancient Wood, and greens in them.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Just refine all your bloodstone dust to get an extra 10-20 levels after 450. If you have spare Obsidian Shard laying around you should do it. It’ll turn gray at around 460-470.

(edited by Calae.1738)

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Psycho Robot.7835

maybe it won’t be as much of a problem later as it is now, but its still incredibly pointless to have such a large quantity required to refine into one brick

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

Why the heck would ya open ALL of your boxes in one sitting??

For greens to salvage for luck, or for money if you need it, or for exotics to salvage for dark matter, or so that the boxes don’t take up storage space (whoops, joke’s on us there, dust takes up way more space), or…

Dust builds up way too quickly. Even setting aside opening saved boxes, which started me off with 40 stacks of dust, I got another stack just from champs in a couple dungeons and a couple meta events. Dust builds up faster than the other two mats even when I’m doing the content that’s supposed to give me those other two mats!

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: drguild.2045

drguild.2045

I have 30 inv slots full abouts of the stuff.

I want to offload it to TP but its account bound

As above would have been better if the drops was lower and conversion was better that way it would be the same ratio for conversion but more reasonable on space requirements.

I’m kinda forced at some stage very soon to just start destroying it.

Even just let a vender give me something for offloading it to them like a couple silver for a stack of 250, if you don’t want the stuff on tp being abused.

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Dzent.2750

Dzent.2750

what the hell, why is everyone complaining, i would love to have 7 stacks of bloodstone dust but i only had 2 and half, with 7 stacks i would almost be lvl 500 in weaponsmithing. Get to lvl 450 in a crafting and then you can lower the amount of dust you have, its that simple.

Dee, charr mesmer at heart
Member of [GuM]
Aurora Glade

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Boererik.3459

Boererik.3459

This is the dumbest thread I’ve seen so far.

If you complain you have to many, just destroy them. You guys are just frustrated you didn’t get extra reward on top of the already insane gold for all the brainless champ farming.

The drop rate is fine, at least for casual gamers.

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

with 7 stacks i would almost be lvl 500 in weaponsmithing.

No you wouldn’t, since refining the dust only takes you to about 470. The rest you have to discover/craft exotics. Better have a nice stack or ori/wood and T6 fine mats.

One – Piken Square

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Coldin.2840

what the hell, why is everyone complaining, i would love to have 7 stacks of bloodstone dust but i only had 2 and half, with 7 stacks i would almost be lvl 500 in weaponsmithing. Get to lvl 450 in a crafting and then you can lower the amount of dust you have, its that simple.

Yeah. Starting to feel a bit of a crunch getting to 500 myself. Though I’m pretty sure you can’t get to 500 from 450 on Dragondust alone.

Still, it might have felt a bit better if there was just more stuff to make at the 450 level. But as far I can tell, all there is the refinements.

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

I have 1785 piles of bloodstone dust already. What to do with that? destroy? I am not interested in craft ascended weapons for now. Why I can’t just sell all that things in TP?

(edited by NeHoMaR.9812)

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Tom Gore.4035

Because you can’t. Either level to 450 and refine or trash them.

One – Piken Square

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

NeHoMaR.9812

Because you can’t. Either level to 450 and refine or trash them.

Why add an item to the game that I must destroy by hundreds everytime I salvage my inventory? let’s see what happens when everybody get the 500 level in crafting (excluding me, because I have no plan to level up crafting at the moment)

(edited by NeHoMaR.9812)

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Tom Gore.4035

Then stop doing the champ train?

One – Piken Square

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

NeHoMaR.9812

What champ train? I just play WvW. Are you trolling? because I don’t see where you want to go with your comments. I don’t play PvE.

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Tom Gore.4035

What champ train? I just play WvW. Are you trolling? because I don’t see where you want to go with your comments. I don’t play PvE.

Then you don’t really have any need for the dust anyway nor did you need the karma that it replaced in the loot tables. Just delete it and carry on? I don’t get what the fuss is all about?

One – Piken Square

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

NeHoMaR.9812

Then you don’t really have any need for the dust anyway nor did you need the karma that it replaced in the loot tables. Just delete it and carry on? I don’t get what the fuss is all about?

I’m not sure if you are getting the point. In some days everybody will be massively deleting this bloodstone dust of inventory, it will stop to be “the new thing” to become “the annoying thing”, I am just anticipating the future.

Everything you salvage should be sell-able in some way, trading post, merchant, if you are not interested in using the item directly in crafting, mystic forge, etc. This helps everyone in the game and build an economy.

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Tom Gore.4035

I’m not sure if you are getting the point. In some days everybody will be massively deleting this bloodstone dust of inventory, it will stop to be “the new thing” to become “the annoying thing”, I am just anticipating the future.

Everything you salvage should be sell-able in some way, trading post, merchant, if you are not interested in using the item directly in crafting, mystic forge, etc. This helps everyone in the game and build an economy.

I’m actually surprised that most of the stuff for Ascended Weapons is tradeable. The Vision Crystal and its components are the only things that are not.

But yeah, there would be no harm making them vendorable, for whatever low price they see suitable.

The same could be said about most renown trophies too, though.

One – Piken Square

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Gregori.5807

Gregori.5807

To say that I am annoyed by this is an understatement.

First I was annoyed by the whole ascended thing and decided that I am not going to grind my way to ascended weapons when we first learned about them. I am one of those people who bought the game due to it being touted as horizontal progression. Due to this I thought I would take advantage of the high prices in the TP and sold all of my mats.

I have two choices of what to do with this garbage: 1) delete it (which I really hate doing), 2) level my kittening crafting up to 450 to get rid of it while storing stacks and stacks of this garbage. I have used an unlevelled alt as dust storage. My wife and I will farm in Orr until we have enough mats to get our kittening weaponsmithing up to 450. I am also very put out that I have to use mats I would normally put on the TP since I am not going to bother with ascended kitten. If my alt runs out of room, I will delete the garbage.

I will eventually be gated out of content geared towards ascended gear and will soon be gated out of dungeons (“LF1m for [dungeon], ascended only”). So, to find that Anet is shoving this stuff down my throat, forcing me to level crafting that I have no further use for is a bit bothersome. I might even get over my aversion to deleting high level mats.

~~On Blackgate since Beta~~
80s: Necro x2, Ranger, Warr, Guardian x2, Ele x2, Mes, Thief

(edited by Gregori.5807)

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Of all the mats, I found this one to be the easiest to obtain. But then again I did save all my champ boxes from 3 days scarlet-farming ahead of patch. This resulted in a mere 3900 bloodstone dust from roughly 600-700 chests.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: drguild.2045

drguild.2045

After everything had about 25 stacks of 250 in the end saving all that stuff and guild is going help me level up stuff from guides etc.

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Psycho Robot.7835

People taking this as an excuse to hate on champion farmers are embarrassing themselves. You quickly get far too much dust to handle from just playing the game normally, and if you just destroy it, you’re handicapping yourself when you decide to start crafting. I’m not saying you should be allowed to save up crafting materials forever, but right now, you can only save up enough for 2 and a half bricks, before you need to start putting stacks in your bank and on your mules, which is stupid.

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

anzenketh.3759

Keep in mind that the number of bags you got the last two weeks is not the normal rate. At the normal rate the amount you receive is fine. My advice refine them and make vision crystals. Those are going to be expensive.

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Psycho Robot.7835

But even at a normal rate of acquisition you run out of space far too quickly, and there’s no reason for it, so why even have it set up like that? Just make it so fewer bits of dust are required, so we can store more brick’s worth without running out of space. Imagine if it took 100 ori ores to make one ingot. You’d be pretty annoyed if you could only have 2.5 bars worth in your collection at one time.

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Coldin.2840

Well, part of the thing is you don’t even need that many bricks. Just 5 per ascended weapon, right? That’s only one stack.

Of course while I’m complaining about having too much dust, the other ingredients feel much harder to come by.

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Zenith.2647

Zenith.2647

really i feel like the simple solution would be to just increase the collectibles storage for it, and have it hold like 5k dust instead of 2.5 bricks worth.

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Gobhoblin.7582

Gobhoblin.7582

I’d be happy if there was a forge recipe involving dust and all those sodding Princess Miya’s Wigs.

Velcro – what a rip off…

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Well, part of the thing is you don’t even need that many bricks. Just 5 per ascended weapon, right? That’s only one stack.

One stack is 2.5 bricks. 100 dust per brick.

I leveled my weaponcrafter to 450 so I could do something with the dust. I’ll fill up a stack of bricks and from then on destroy any dust I get. It’s useless and drops way too often.

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Just reduce the drop rate. Why if Dragonite and Empyrean only drops a little bit at a time do we need to get tons of dust from a single champ container. It almost seems like ArenaNet put the relatively large drop quantity in just to annoy champion farmers in yet another attempt to dissuade farming.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Just reduce the drop rate. Why if Dragonite and Empyrean only drops a little bit at a time do we need to get tons of dust from a single champ container. It almost seems like ArenaNet put the relatively large drop quantity in just to annoy champion farmers in yet another attempt to dissuade farming.

Dissuade farming? Where have you been for the last 2+ weeks? They practically forced us to farm.

As for the dust, they should at least be able to be sold to the vendor for some copper/silver. Taking out the karma from the bags and loading us with a bunch of account bound useless items is just silly. It was basically a nerf of the champ bags that they just added to the game. They had to have known that adding champ loot bags was going to get people champ farming.

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

With my tinfoil hat on: they want you to buy inventory space.

Otherwise, they could easily have divided all numbers concerning these materials by 10.

In fact, is there really any precedent for this? Every craftable item that I can think of always requires 250 or fewer materials — except for the 500 badges of honor for Legendaries).

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Hmm… What if we could trade unwanted Ascended items (both materials and finished items) to Miyani for karma?

Bloodstone dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Nevada Shirvo.8759

Nevada Shirvo.8759

I am a tailor and a chef. Is there anything I can do with these other than destroy them?