Charged Lodestones not rare enough

in Crafting

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I never took the time to read through this whole thread til now. I thought is was a general “Legendary weapons should be harder to get” kinda thing.

But having read it through…I know have zero respect for anything OP has to say(not that it matters to OP lol).

I got mine now it should be harder to get for everyone else…..absolute selfishness.

What makes you more special then anyone else with those weapons you love so much?

It would be a respectable thread if it was, “I don’t have a legendary yet but I think they should be harder to get”. But since it’s, I have one and I want to be “special” that makes it a “I’m an entitled, selfish person. I got mine and don’t want anyone else to” thread.

This reflects very poorly on you OP.

in Crafting

Posted by: havoc.6814

havoc.6814

OP has been spouting this noise in several threads. He is just the kind of selfish player we really don’t need in the gaming community….

in Crafting

Astral Projections.7320

We might need to take age into account. I’m going to guess that OP is mid teens or so. Old enough to be coherent but young enough that he thinks the world should revolve around what he wants. Usually when someone gets older, they stop seeing the world in such a self centered way.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Crafting

Posted by: SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

This game isn’t hard enough so I think it should be Pay to Play. That will make everything better. Oh wait am I in the wrong troll thread. Oops

(edited by SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453)

in Crafting

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

If you’re farming Sparks, you’re doing it wrong.

Go farm COE instead.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Crafting

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

So much hate over not wanting easy mode? Perhaps it’s all due to a misunderstanding? I’ll try to simplify my position:

1) This game is made so that every player is able to craft their own Legendary weapon, with invested time.
2) Every player who puts in said time deserves to have their Legendary weapon.
3) Barriers are in place to prevent short-cutting this process. However, with the nature of RNG, there are some who’ll get the lucky draw.
4) Purchasing a Legendary requires a legendary amount of Gold, so buying one outright only slightly cheapens the process.

Now then. It’s one thing to have a lot of players have the same Legendary due investing time and resources. It’s another thing if you have a lot of the same Legendaries around due to “easy mode”. Getting a Precursor or farming for tons of Lodestones is one of the main barriers to certain Legendaries. The barrier helps to keep these weapons’ rarity levels high. In my opinion, increased drop rates and/or free Precursors is similar to wanting the “easy mode” button. That cheapens the Legendary weapon far more than being able to buy/sell them on the TP.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Crafting

Astral Projections.7320

So much hate over not wanting easy mode? Perhaps it’s all due to a misunderstanding? I’ll try to simplify my position:

1) This game is made so that every player is able to craft their own Legendary weapon, with invested time.
3) Barriers are in place to prevent short-cutting this process. However, with the nature of RNG, there are some who’ll get the lucky draw.
4) Purchasing a Legendary requires a legendary amount of Gold, so buying one outright only slightly cheapens the process.

Now then. It’s one thing to have a lot of players have the same Legendary due investing time and resources. It’s another thing if you have a lot of the same Legendaries around due to “easy mode”. Getting a Precursor or farming for tons of Lodestones is one of the main barriers to certain Legendaries. The barrier helps to keep these weapons’ rarity levels high. In my opinion, increased drop rates and/or free Precursors is similar to wanting the “easy mode” button. That cheapens the Legendary weapon far more than being able to buy/sell them on the TP.

You got yours with “easy mode”. If the game puts in a “hard mode”, would you delete it and redo? After all, that means the one you have is cheapened.

No? Somehow I thought not. ^^

By the way, I wouldn’t say that you are attracting hate, I would say its a lot closer to contempt. Someone who comes out and says, “I got mine now I want it harder for everyone else because I want to be special”, well I don’t hate that person. But I certainly don’t feel any respect.

in Crafting

Smooth Penguin.5294

It probably came out the wrong way, but there is a part of me that wants the rare item to be rare. That’s the main reason why I invested so much time PvEing from pre-launch. I wanted an item that was hard to get, thus was unique, thus has some status to holding it. I wasn’t smart enough to flip on the TP early, and didn’t get lucky finding exploits. I farmed Orr for Karma trains (before I started WvWing), did the JP that gives T6 mats on a daily basis, and yes I farmed Sparks for hours at a time.

in Crafting

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

dont’ worry after you get your first legendary you can always get another one…. and another one…

If geting 1 legendary is too easy for you just get 2.

Since you mentioned spark, it means you gonig for a dagger. Just get 2 legendary so you look cooler compare to those that only have 1.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

in Crafting

Smooth Penguin.5294

Dual Incinerator is quite rare. Less rare with free Sparks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

If you think legendaries are meant to be unique so you feel special, you missed the memo. yes, they are hard to get, but they aren’t unique and not meant to. It should be equally hard for everyone and it is.

in Crafting

Posted by: void.6705

void.6705

If you think legendaries are meant to be unique so you feel special, you missed the memo. yes, they are hard to get, but they aren’t unique and not meant to. It should be equally hard for everyone and it is.

The last part of that statement is completely false, getting an legendary now is harder then it was for early players. Many things have changed to make me confident in that statement, one of the main things being use of alts to certain areas for farming etc..

As for me I have 1 80 and 2 lvl 7s and am about 90% done my legendary “Meteorlogicus”

in Crafting

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

It probably came out the wrong way, but there is a part of me that wants the rare item to be rare. That’s the main reason why I invested so much time PvEing from pre-launch. I wanted an item that was hard to get, thus was unique, thus has some status to holding it. I wasn’t smart enough to flip on the TP early, and didn’t get lucky finding exploits. I farmed Orr for Karma trains (before I started WvWing), did the JP that gives T6 mats on a daily basis, and yes I farmed Sparks for hours at a time.

The item is unique due to it’s looks and effects, not it’s rarity. Given what anet has said about these, they were designed to take time and look epic. The special snowflake mentality is purely a subjective issue. The first person to don a full set of CoF armor shouldn’t feel cheated that it’s much easier to get it right now then when they got it, it’s the same armor either way.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in Crafting

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

The item is unique due to it’s looks and effects, not it’s rarity.

FTFY The item is unique due to it’s looks, effects, and it’s rarity.

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

in Crafting

Posted by: Air.3154

Air.3154

Well news flash you cannot make the item more rare now.
Would be like throwing a cannonball i nthe face of players working hard for it since launch but that don’t have the time of the trihards that got it in1 month.

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

The last part of that statement is completely false, getting an legendary now is harder then it was for early players. Many things have changed to make me confident in that statement, one of the main things being use of alts to certain areas for farming etc..

As for me I have 1 80 and 2 lvl 7s and am about 90% done my legendary “Meteorlogicus”

The recipes haven’t changed, there are more ways to get the mats and there are more people selling them now than there was when the game first came out. It’s COMPLETELY false? That’s a rather self-convinced opinion-based fact I would say.

in Crafting

Smooth Penguin.5294

Well news flash you cannot make the item more rare now.
Would be like throwing a cannonball i nthe face of players working hard for it since launch but that don’t have the time of the trihards that got it in1 month.

To add to this, making the item less rare is the same.

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

No one from Anet ever said it was meant to be rare. It is meant to be hard to get.

in Crafting

Astral Projections.7320

No one from Anet ever said it was meant to be rare. It is meant to be hard to get.

Absolutely. They never said, these will be rare items. What they did say is these are for everyone who wants to get one if you are willing to put in the time, effort and money. That’s why they are thinking about the scavenger hunt to get a precursor, to make getting one easier. It’s never been “you are a special, little snowflake”. If you ever thought that, you are living in a fantasy world and haven’t been paying attention to the actual game.

Troll thread.

in Crafting

Air.3154

Absolutely. They never said, these will be rare items. What they did say is these are for everyone who wants to get one if you are willing to put in the time, effort and money. That’s why they are thinking about the scavenger hunt to get a precursor, to make getting one easier. It’s never been “you are a special, little snowflake”. If you ever thought that, you are living in a fantasy world and haven’t been paying attention to the actual game.

Troll thread.

when they think to put an actuall scavenger hunt?

I would love to grab a precursor for guardian and one for war :B

Instead of feeding the guys that put them on the tp

in Crafting

Astral Projections.7320

Troll thread.

when they think to put an actuall scavenger hunt?

I would love to grab a precursor for guardian and one for war :B

Instead of feeding the guys that put them on the tp

They mentioned it as something they were thinking about. No timeline given and no one but them has any idea if they are doing anything on it right now So, I wouldn’t expect anything in the near or even middle future.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Why does it matter if everybody else on the server has a Legendary? Is your enjoyment of your Legendary really diminished by the fact that other people have one too? If your goal is just to have something that nobody else has, or that nobody else is using, then you may as well just run around in a super ugly suit of mismatched armor while wielding Bandit/Ogre/Dredge weapons. That way you can be pretty sure that nobody else will be using the same combination as you.

In any event, the “prestige” of Legendary Weapons vanished the moment they went up for sale on the TP. Now you can never be certain if the other person farmed their own Legendary or just hit the credit card up to buy it. But if you made your own Legendary, the sense of satisfaction in completing the journey is something that nobody else can take away from you.

In short, don’t care what other people think about you, and don’t care about what other people are using. Just equip your character in a way that suits YOUR sensibilities and preferences.

in Crafting

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

It’s a crafted weapon, not a drop. The only thing you can do about its rarity is in its materials, most of which are pretty common. So we basically have maximum rarity in the precursors and that’s about it.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in Crafting

Smooth Penguin.5294

It is meant to be hard to get.

Hard to get = rare. Thanks for agreeing with me!

in Crafting

Astral Projections.7320

He didn’t agree with you. He said that they were rare and meant to be so. Not that they should become rarer, so that people who already have a Legendary and who want to be special snowflakes can be selfish and ask to exclude others from game rewards.

Troll thread from a troll.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

He didn’t agree with you. He said that they were rare and meant to be so. Not that they should become rarer, so that people who already have a Legendary and who want to be special snowflakes can be selfish and ask to exclude others from game rewards.

Troll thread from a troll.

But Smooth Penguin is entitled to have his weapon that was gotten on “easy mode” to feel special and rare!

Seriously OP, if you want to even be considered less of a troll for this crappy proposal, delete your Legendary.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

(edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682)

in Crafting

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

You got yours with “easy mode”. If the game puts in a “hard mode”, would you delete it and redo? After all, that means the one you have is cheapened.

No? Somehow I thought not. ^^

By the way, I wouldn’t say that you are attracting hate, I would say its a lot closer to contempt. Someone who comes out and says, “I got mine now I want it harder for everyone else because I want to be special”, well I don’t hate that person. But I certainly don’t feel any respect.

THIS! Why is this so hard for the OP to get? Well we know why…but kitten

in Crafting

Smooth Penguin.5294

I don’t understand how playing for hours on end to farm T6 mats is considered “easy mode”. Asking for free Precursors and more T6 drops seems to fit the description better.

in Crafting

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I don’t understand how playing for hours on end to farm T6 mats is considered “easy mode”. Asking for free Precursors and more T6 drops seems to fit the description better.

O.O

It’s still unfathomable at how you can’t understand the irony in what you’re asking for.

/foreheadslap

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

That’s not agreeing with you. Yes, it’s meant to be hard to get; that’s clear from the stuff you need to make it. No, it’s not meant to be rare; it’s an goal open to every player in the game. Clearly, Anet make the methods to get the mats available to everyone to create it. It’s presence in the game is only limited by people’s willingness to make one. If everyone wanted it, then there is no reason that everyone can’t eventually get it on equal grounds.

I don’t believe there needs to be a mechanic ingame to increase the difficulty of getting one. The premise that one is needed to make current owners feel ‘special’ and maintain it’s rarity is rather stupid.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Crafting

Lonewolf Kai.3682

That’s not agreeing with you. Yes, it’s meant to be hard to get; that’s clear from the stuff you need to make it. No, it’s not meant to be rare; it’s an goal open to every player in the game. Clearly, Anet make the methods to get the mats available to everyone to create it. It’s presence in the game is only limited by people’s willingness to make one. If everyone wanted it, then there is no reason that everyone can’t eventually get it on equal grounds.

I don’t believe there needs to be a mechanic ingame to increase the difficulty of getting one. The premise that one is needed to make current owners feel ‘special’ and maintain it’s rarity is rather stupid.

+1

He’s just entitled to troll his selfishness on everyone.

in Crafting

Air.3154

agreed.

in Crafting

Posted by: ExaDal.2017

ExaDal.2017

I love people that have a need to feel special getting a (insert any kind of stupid item in a game). If you want to feel special discovered the cure for cancer or an alternative energy source to care for the environment.

Get a life man, quickly.

in Crafting

Air.3154

I love people that have a need to feel special getting a (insert any kind of stupid item in a game). If you want to feel special discovered the cure for cancer or an alternative energy source to care for the environment.

Get a life man, quickly.

rofl this post sums up the whole thread

in Crafting

Smooth Penguin.5294

So by this standard, Precursors aren’t rare, they’re just hard to get. And since everyone has access to the materials needed to get one, there should be no Precursor Scavenger Hunt then?

in Crafting

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

nothing in this game is hard to get given enough time and that is also true for legendarys and will only cost you 100 gold and 50 silver to make

given the fact that all can be farmed tho the time it takes is not something im discusing here as its a hell of a time.

but from what i have hear alot say the precurser is being generateted to little and i think that is why anet is giving them a boost

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

So by this standard, Precursors aren’t rare, they’re just hard to get. And since everyone has access to the materials needed to get one, there should be no Precursor Scavenger Hunt then?

I don’t think I can agree with that logic. Getting a precursor is based on a completely random process based on a low probability so I think the word ‘rare’ can actually apply here, depending on the relative drop rate for it compared to other items of varying scarcity. Legendary isn’t as much rare as is it hard to make simply because it has a predetermined expectation for how many mats you need to craft it, as well as the activities you need to get them. A precursor is a matter of luck, a legendary is more a matter of time.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Crafting

Smooth Penguin.5294

I don’t think I can agree with that logic. Getting a precursor is based on a completely random process based on a low probability so I think the word ‘rare’ can actually apply here, depending on the relative drop rate for it compared to other items of varying scarcity. Legendary isn’t as much rare as is it hard to make simply because it has a predetermined expectation for how many mats you need to craft it, as well as the activities you need to get them. A precursor is a matter of luck, a legendary is more a matter of time.

You do realize that you can’t craft a Legendary without a Precursor, right? So by your own admission, Legendary weapons are rare. And so I agree with you.

Legendary weapons, while possible to be made by any player over time, should stay rare. My opinion is that major crafting materials, like Lodestones and Precursors, shouldn’t get any drop increases. These two item types should be hard to get, and that would make Legendary weapons truly awe inspiring.

Side note – I know it sounds contradicting to say that any player can make a Legendary, and saying that a Legendary should be rare. But while the game is set up so that anyone can actually make one if they want, only a small portion of the population will achieve this goal. Not all players farm CoF or the Union WP temple event. Anet has done a good job with sinks that has players spending their Gold (i.e. Gem exchange).

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

You do realize that you can’t craft a Legendary without a Precursor, right?

Completely, which goes to my point really. Precursor is simply rare because of it’s very low probability to get it from a random process. Legendary, by design, is made to be crafted. It’s not rare because it’s intended to be, it’s rare as a consequence of a poorly implemented way to obtain one of the pre-requisites for it; the precursor. Anet themselves already acknowledge that fact with some hints of the scavenger hunt as an additional way to obtain a precursor. Read between the lines … the RNG method to get a precursor was a bad idea and they know it. I guess the real point here is that the Legendary shouldn’t be harder to get for everyone else just because you want to feel good for having one and feel it should be a rare thing ingame when it’s not.

But while the game is set up so that anyone can actually make one if they want, only a small portion of the population will achieve this goal.

So then there isn’t a problem here to begin with. No reason to make it harder if you already acknowledge only a portion of people will ever bother to make a legendary.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Crafting

Posted by: razn.7160

razn.7160

175% Magic Find with food and boosts.
4 hours long Spark farming.
0 Charged Lodestones.

My hair grows faster than this.

in Crafting

Smooth Penguin.5294

But while the game is set up so that anyone can actually make one if they want, only a small portion of the population will achieve this goal.

So then there isn’t a problem here to begin with. No reason to make it harder if you already acknowledge only a portion of people will ever bother to make a legendary.

It’s just my opinion that Legendary weapons should be the rarest of the rare. It’s a great reward for those who take the time to go for it. Knowing a portion of the population will choose not to make one is part of the reasons why it’s rare. Having components that are hard to get also add to the rarity equation. But since the only thing that can be controlled is the components’ availability, keeping them rare also keeps a Legendary rare.

I enjoy owning something rare as a testament to the time I invested into it. I planned on dedicating myself to making it before the servers opened. For myself wanting to remain a “special snowflake”, I understand the push back for it. It’s not like I hate anyone who views me in a low standard.

We’ve all stated our positions on this matter. Before this gets too off track, I’d better as a Mod to lock up the thread.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Locked on request of the OP.