Don't change the way to obtain legendaries!

in Crafting

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

So, alot people hate the “grind” to get legendaries. But this shouldnt mean they should change it. It is supposed to be hard to get, since its a legendary right? And how excactly are you supposed to work hard for something, without a grind? How can you REALLY work for something in a game without grinding? Its not possible, anything that takes a long time is seen as a grind.

And, all the people that goes for legendaries atm (Like myself) and when they change the way to obtain them, have alot of our work just gone to waste? Maybe they remove the gift of fortune and add something else, easier to obtain? Or maybe so youonly need 20 clovers instead of 77?

The precursor i can understand though, they keep rising in price and will like over 1000 gold in 1-2 month (They have gone up like 400 gold in 2 months) So i understand why they are fixing this.

And last, all the people that got they’re legendaries BEFORE the patch whats happening to them? If it becomes easier to get, they have wasted alot unneccessary time and suddenly the weapon they own wich took them ALOT time and hard work just isnt that “Legendary” anymore? Because it is easier to get for others, than it was for them..

Seriously, is this something i should worry about? Or can calm down..? Haha

in Crafting

Posted by: Rhinzual.7861

Rhinzual.7861

The only thing legendary about a legendary at all is how long it takes to gather mats needed to craft them. They have the exact same stats as exotics and a different skin. As it stands now, that doesn’t justify the insane grind needed to craft the legendary items.

in Crafting

ShadowMaster.5708

The only thing legendary about a legendary at all is how long it takes to gather mats needed to craft them. They have the exact same stats as exotics and a different skin. As it stands now, that doesn’t justify the insane grind needed to craft the legendary items.

People keep saying they are buffing legendaries. They are going to be better than excotics. I can comfirm this myself, but alot people are saying it

in Crafting

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

People keep saying they are buffing legendaries. They are going to be better than excotics. I can comfirm this myself, but alot people are saying it

It was lindsey murdoch/marshall? cant rem who stated they will be upgrade in stats to BIS no matter what whenever any new tiers are released. Do the grind now and never do it again. Nice selling point.
My issue isnt the grind but the dumb RNG and Precursor stuff that is horrible and doesnt belong. Not dumb kitten luck the determines if you get something.

They should be an epic adventure and show that you put time in and showed skill and determination. That way they truly represent some level of mastery of the game. Now I can just buy gems →gold and go to TP and bang there it is. Woop I am awesome and rulze da game.
So for me I could care less about seeing them they show no in game representation of skill but that you got lucky or exploited or bought gold legal or not. And for those who did it without that it is an accomplishment but arent that common.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mouby.7096

Mouby.7096

They would not change the way of obtaining an legendary. Why should they?

in Crafting

Posted by: Enigma.2954

Enigma.2954

Thank god more people are voicing this side of the argument. The weapons are LEGENDARY. what does that mean to you? I think legendary means it’s suppose to be REALLY HARD to get. People need to understand that. And for people saying they arent better and therefore should not be any harder to get. Do you realize you are playing guild wars? Not wow? This game is about skins, not stats.

(edited by Enigma.2954)

in Crafting

Posted by: Racthoh.8703

Racthoh.8703

Thank god more people are voicing this side of the argument. The weapons are LEGENDARY. what does that mean to you? I think legendary means it’s suppose to be REALLY HARD to get. People need to understand that. And for people saying they arent better and therefore should not be any harder to get. Do you realize you are playing guild wars? Not wow? This game is about skins, not stats.

Having lots of money/time/lucky drops does not equal hard to acquire, and that’s all Legendary items are currently.

in Crafting

ShadowMaster.5708

Having lots of money/time/lucky drops does not equal hard to acquire, and that’s all Legendary items are currently.

How are you going to get one then? If it should NOT require money, NOT time or NOT lucky drops? Seems like you excluded the whole game

in Crafting

Posted by: Kiwicharr.8051

Kiwicharr.8051

The only thing that anet have even mentioned changing about legendary weapons is the way to get the legendary precursor ( e.g dusk , dawn) they haven’t ever mentioned (as far as i know ) changes to anything else.

And yes they have mentioned they will increase the stats of legendary weapons to match those of the ascended weapons when they are released. which is awesome!

in Crafting

Posted by: tfwzyko.3516

tfwzyko.3516

the only thing bad about it is obtaining the precursor. other than that i think it’s fine.

also, why do people who rushed for legendaries have to cry and get scared it might “get easier” for future people.
I’d actually be happier for them seeing as it was a pain to get.

in Crafting

Posted by: Riaky.8965

Riaky.8965

+1 to this thread! And I laugh to whoever whine about getting Legendary

in Crafting

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

Actually it does, just not in the way you prefer. A player who devotes more time to farming the materials, spending gold and setting the goals will have an easier time obtaining the legendary then those who don’t, it’s all truly based on the devotion of the player. There’s no true way to make it more difficult outside of having the player complete every “optional” piece of content like jumping puzzles, every boss achievement, every bit mini-dungeon and location exploration (outside of map completion, there are pieces of the zone you have to venture to discover), do every dungeon and wing….etc.

Currently, it touches every bit of content available; dungeons, map exploration, dynamic events, crafting and world vs*3. What makes it “fair” depends on the player, and not every piece of this game can be. They are adding a scavenger hunt to allow players without mass amounts of gold in their pockets to obtain them, but it’ll probably be “hard” to differentiate the needed effort to either obtain it through time consumption or to pony up and buy on the trading post.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Funny thread. Noone ask easy ways. We ask something more important: ever heard of amazing design, lore under those weapons and a long beautiful journey to finally complete a legendary and finally be worthy to wield one? Just the fact we are able to to skip even all the grind actually needed and just buy it from TP makes the weapon at all a ridiculous pathetic skin, not something legendary at all nor the player worthy.

I still pray new legendaries ( and finally better skins not girly) will be added on this game with this kind of content. I doubt, but well..

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

(edited by Lucas Ashrock.8675)

in Crafting

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

There’s nothing “hard” about getting a legendary, it’s just a gold grind and dumb luck, and the constantly increasing prices of… well, everything means that the absolute price of making one is getting higher over time and that’s just plain unfair to the people who were treating it (as Anet intended) as a long-term goal.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mihrage.1532

Mihrage.1532

Come on guy… when did you get your legendary ? 1 or 2 months ago ? When precursors cost where 150gold, ectos where 10 silvers, lodestone where 80 silver and T6 prices where all way below their actual prices ? Before the nerf of many farm spots ? Maybe you didn’t, but i guess many people wearing legendaries and complaining about theses “changes” did.

These guys didn’t make anything legendary compared to poeple who are trying to craft legendaries while we’re talking.

I am currently crafting Sunrise, already have the precursor, but the lodestone i need cost 4gold each, I think we all agree that farming lodestone myself is the worst way to get them (except in high level fractal maybe). The only possibility left is farming around 400 golds in order to buy them at the AH.

I am worried about this “scavenger hunt”, but the only thing that worries me is the price of all mats, which would probably rise insanly if A.net implements another way to get precursor. This would make my legendary much much longer to obtain.

You guy, have your legendary, please be decent and don’t come here to complain about something that won’t affect you.

(edited by Mihrage.1532)

in Crafting

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

I agree it should be called legendary for a reason. Its purely optional and a built in grind for those that like that kind of thing.

I may try for it someday (when I look and discover I have half the stuff already), but until then I dont want to see them everywhere. It should be insanely hard to get, isnt that the point?

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Crafting

Posted by: Maestria of Strat.2974

Maestria of Strat.2974

Can we make it so that precursors, and possibly other mats, can just be acquired through “normal” means? For example, if you like PVE then a random drop would give you the precursor. WVW? Same thing. PVP, some sort of drop?

Buying stuff of the TP is also a legitimate way, rather a different way to get it, albeit, a more expeditious way to get it. Make it a fun process, a byproduct of the game, almost like achievements, they just happen.

As it is right now, this aspect of the game feels off, “weird”. The rules are not understood, or keep changing. Granted, some were “bug” fixes. Yes, the bug is fixed but what happens to the items produced by the bugs? These type of decisions affect the game.

Why nerf farming, plixx? Some people like doing that, others don’t. But don’t change this! Instead, work on new content and stop changing the rules so much. Provide a formula and don’t change it. Or… leave the current system in place, both can coexist, formulaic game-play, grind, and skill base. Everyone wins.

There should be many ways to get to a legendary. If someone plays this game x amount of time, what do you need to prove you are legendary? Maybe that is missing the point. So just play. Does it matter that everyone in the game will wield legionaries? No. Almost everyone has exotics right now. I don’t see many complains.

Focus on the mechanics, the game-play, performance, arts, diversity, connectivity issues. Let’s say I wanted a condition build… OK, here is what you need to do. What about, I want the best agility build, fine, these skills, weapons will help. By the way, the legendary will enhance x attribute. Cool.

Give us flexibility of choosing the end-goal, the legendaries. I want to sit down and play. At the end of the game session, it would be nice to know if what you did got you closer to that. Lottery-based game play feels a lot like getting into a prestigious college, keep dreaming. Ha!

(edited by Maestria of Strat.2974)

in Crafting

Posted by: Zapan.7460

Zapan.7460

“plans to add more fun ways to acquire Legendary precursor items”
There might be new ways to get Precursors. I’ve read nothing about new ways to get Legendaries (weapons). 0o
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/ (anything is subject to possible change, of course)
_I guess a change to Precursor is a change to Legendary process, but who’d really be opposed to getting a Precursor in a new way? The grind for materials and other stuff will still be there. I’ve still dropped many staves into the MForge since the news article released, trying to get a precursor.

(edited by Zapan.7460)

in Crafting

Posted by: evo.8640

evo.8640

Wrong. Anyone who realistically wants a legendary is playing Trade Wars.

Even at current market rates for all items, it’d take me around 10 hours of simply logging in to play the TP and create a legendary. Karma aside.

Since I already have two of the three that look worth a kitten in my opinion, I think it’s a kitten poor argument to try to defend the current method of creating one when there’s nothing special about creating it other than looking to the TP to accumulate enough funds in a reasonable amount of time to make one.

It’s not feasible. I doubt a single legendary owner has farmed 100% of their items, or 100% farmed the gold (outside of the TP) to afford items that they did not farm. It simply hasn’t been done. And it won’t be done by anyone since only wannabe elitists seem to truly care about the notoriety of these weapon skins.

Since the main origin of problems for creating a legendary lies with the precursor., leaving the exclusivity up to complete luck or a moving goal post adjusted purely by other players is not acceptable.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ashmier.2389

Ashmier.2389

Personally I would rather pay with Gems for a precursor then pay some player for an overpriced item. I would also spend $10 or $15 to just buy the legendary skin and avoid a grind all together. After all if Dev spent more time adding pretty skins to the game where you can only purchase them like EverQuest 2 they would make way more money than they do now.

Very few people enjoy grinding and a game shouldn’t be a second job because you want an item or items that don’t add stats. After all, I don’t pay a subscription, so let me give GW2 money for pretty skins.

I am sure there are thousands of others just like me who don’t mind spending money on pixels.

in Crafting

Posted by: Voltron.1043

Voltron.1043

Really, It is just funny. Ok so u have so much time to get Legendary, to grind, to put your RL time to get texture in-game. You will make it, maybe u are even close, so what if they wil make it easier to obtain? What? Your legendary will become dust or something? If you will finished it before such a changes- you have it. If it will become easier while you are half way to it- it will be easier for you too.

Come on, most people who crying about “I dont want it to be easier” are people like “I dont want THEM to get Legendary too! How I will stand out in crowd, how I will be look up becasue I have Legendary, how I will feel special and mighty and respected? I want to be better!”. “WoW, he has Legendary!” You kow what, I would understand if it would be the case in Real Life, about you car prices, your firm, your job, market. That some people due to some big changes can make easier and more money than you with all your work you did (well, things work that way too in RL). Ok, u got it trough hard work in RL to live better. I understand- ur are mad, it is serious case.

But THIS IS GAME! Not work! You envy Legendary so much? You want to be so cool with it that you cry someone can get it easier?? Seriously, who cares if other people have Legendary! Like really- fuss about TEXTURE??

You enjoy grinding? Guess what? Some people dont. Guess you have nothing better to do with time if you spend it grinding so why would you complain?

I dont care even if everyone can have Legendary in future. I have mine- so whats the deal?

I am really dissapointed in MMO community (not with all people ofc).

(edited by Voltron.1043)

in Crafting

Posted by: Kthr.2781

Kthr.2781

I’d much rather obtain my legendary by having a lot of quests in order to obtain them. Perhaps add a 2day cooldown on each quest to make the “hunt” last a couple months. As it stands, having this never ending grindfest is just no worth it

Or just make more legendary models to compesate. Who rather grind, do so. Whoever wants a more “epic adventure” to get there, gets a different item. Purely cosmetic difference even.

in Crafting

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

I only need them to change the way Precursors are obtained. The rest is fine imo. The gift of Fortune requires “legendary” luck. The Icy runestones alone shows that you need “legendary” amount of gold. The gift of battle from badges shows “legendary” pvper. Of course the gift of exploration is from playing the game along with the gift from each dungeon. It’s about mastering each aspect of the game, so to me it makes sense.

Sure, you can buy all the other materials required but you DON’T have to. Normal gameplay (will take time which is intended by Anet). The prices on the the lodestones (especially Charged) are about supply and demand. Yes, ANet DOES need to increase the drop rate on those suckers but if you are going for one, it’s because you choose to go for the most sought after legendary so the demand is high for such a low supply. The same can be seen for Onyx because it makes the other sought after legendary GS.

Too many people complain because they want a “right now” thing. All Anet needs to do is change the way precursors can be gotten and increase droprate on lodestones and most of the complaints will lesson because it’s hard enough to get enough money for all the materials needed but when 1 item cost more than all of the others combined, its a problem.

PS, I’m going for Incinerator. 100 molten + 100 destroyer + 100 icy runestones + 250 ectos < price of precursor = problem.

in Crafting

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

Legendaries should be a reward for putting the time and effort into obtaining them.

By doing so you are saying “Hey Arenanet, youv’e made a fine game and I have accepted and done what you chose is necessary to obtain this fine, optional, not in anyway necessary to compete otherwise, piece of equipment”
“Thanks for the shiny and keep up the good work.”

Nobody is in no way Entitled to have a Legendary just because they paid the price of admission. Having or not having a Legendary is in no way gamebreaking either way.

Modern society has taught our children that just because you show up to the game, win or lose, you get a reward. Bring back competitiveness and stop handing out rewards like candy. Because when Everybody is special, then nobody is.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

in Crafting

Posted by: Braddock.5430

Braddock.5430

Even at current market rates for all items, it’d take me around 10 hours of simply logging in to play the TP and create a legendary. Karma aside.

Since I already have two of the three that look worth a kitten in my opinion, I think it’s a kitten poor argument to try to defend the current method of creating one when there’s nothing special about creating it other than looking to the TP to accumulate enough funds in a reasonable amount of time to make one.

It’s not feasible. I doubt a single legendary owner has farmed 100% of their items, or 100% farmed the gold (outside of the TP) to afford items that they did not farm. It simply hasn’t been done. And it won’t be done by anyone since only wannabe elitists seem to truly care about the notoriety of these weapon skins.

Since the main origin of problems for creating a legendary lies with the precursor., leaving the exclusivity up to complete luck or a moving goal post adjusted purely by other players is not acceptable.

I am currently 44 skill points and 80ki’m Karma away from finishing The Moot. I have farmed 100% of it myself including the gold it took to purchase THE Energizer.

Krag Oversteen 80 Norn Guardian
Blank Oversteen 80 Sylvari Warrior
2nd in command of [LK] The Light Keepers – HoD

in Crafting

Posted by: Braddock.5430

Braddock.5430

I am currently 44 skill points and 80ki’m Karma away from finishing The Moot. I have farmed 100% of it myself including the gold it took to purchase THE Energizer.

Krag Oversteen 80 Norn Guardian
Blank Oversteen 80 Sylvari Warrior
2nd in command of [LK] The Light Keepers – HoD

in Crafting

Posted by: evo.8640

evo.8640

Congratulations. Your precursor is not manipulated (probably never will be) and has been the going rate for quite some time of what Dusk/Dawn used to cost for the first 4 weeks of release.

But your post is still anecdotal. There’s no way you could provide proof that you farmed 100% of the mats. I’m not saying what you say you did is impossible, but I find that highly unlikely that you still pumped out 250 of every t6 mat purely by farming them or by using gold to buy them. That none of your efforts didn’t involve in some way more than simply just selling unneeded items at the TP. IE: at some point or another you flipped items.

If you did indeed do so, again congratulations. Next time – try to do that with a real legendary. One that requires lodestones and a precursor 10x the price of the one you bought.

(edited by evo.8640)

in Crafting

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Modern society has taught our children that just because you show up to the game, win or lose, you get a reward. Bring back competitiveness and stop handing out rewards like candy. Because when Everybody is special, then nobody is.

…are you unironically quoting a villain to support your argument?

in Crafting

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

Since it’s completely optional, at this point the rarer these weapons become, the better for Anet as a business.

You don’t have to get one, and it shouldn’t make anyone quit the game for.

In a year from now, these weapons actual worth should be around 2kg and people will drool over their owners.
It’s a good marketing tactic – have a bunch of players run around with legendaries, then pump the prices of req. on TP.

Boom, no one else get their chance besides TP farmers and hardcore players = profit for Anet.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

To all the people thinking that you can just “get a legendary with gems”, please use your brain for something else than basic hate, kthx.

1. You can’t buy 100% exploration, ~1M karma, ~350 skill points, 500 badges of honor and 500 dungeon tokens on the TP. That alone takes hundreds of hours.
2. It’ll cost you 1k$ to get enough money for everything you need if you rely only on gems to buy stuff (precursor – 100g+, 250 of each mats – 100g, ~500 ectos – 150g, 100 runestones – 100g + the stuff for the gift related to your legendary that can go up to 400g).
3. If you decide to just “buy it”, get a real job cause 2k$ for an IG item …

So no – almost all people that have a legendary have worked for it, and a lot. Get your fingers out of your kitten and start working for it if you want it, and stop using fallacious arguments to excuse your laziness, thanks.

P.S. : I don’t have a legendary myself.

in Crafting

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

Legendaries aren’t legendary at all imo. When I see someone with a legendary in gw2, I don’t say to myself, “wow that character must be a really skilled player.” I just think that guy is good at farming gold or makes enough money outside of the game to buy gold. You pretty much get karma every time you do an event, pvp, or a dungeon…. which is basically all there is to do so you get karma from doing everything. The wvwvw badges are easily acquired from doing the jumping puzzles. And the Map exploration is something most people eventually get around to doing anyway. And you earn skillpoints just from playing the game, because everything you do awards experience.

The skins are really nice. But there is no prestige for having a legendary in this game. You could be the worst at playing your class, but have a good system for farming gold and dynamic events and get a legendary.

I’ve accepted the fact that I’m an extraordinary player in terms of skill, but I suck at making gold. Or maybe I just don’t care enough to because farming gold has got to be one of the worst things to do in this game; turns it into a boring job. I want a legendary skin also, but I’ll just get there when I get there. Trying to compete with people who make more money in real life and can just afford to buy it, or compete with people are just machines when it comes to grinding gold doesn’t matter to me.

Now if acquiring legendaries were something like soloing dragons, gods, demons, and/or hordes of monsters in some epic long personal quest with the fate of Tyria at stake… now that’s something worth competing for. As it stands now, the skins are nice, but there is no prestige behind it, so it’s just “meh”. So I’m just not gonna torture myself trying to farm 1000 gold to buy a precursor and lodestones.

in Crafting

Posted by: Thuran.7624

Thuran.7624

As has already been stated. It is misguided to say that legendaries are currently “hard” to get. There is nothing difficult about it, and it is instead based on sheer time put into mindless grind and pure dumb luck in getting the precursors.

Lets take the karka event. 10% of those who did it got a precursor, which means pretty much a free legendary, but did any of those people put in more effort than the others? No, they simply got LUCKY!

This is not how legendaries should work, there shou always be a a point of effort to them, a questline, or something to actually make them feel legendary. Legendaries in Gw2 are not hard to get or about skill, its about your wallet for buying the items needed. You don’t see people complain over the mastery part of the legendaries, or the need to explore the entire map, and I do not remember seeing all that many players complain over the 1 million karma requirement either.

What people have an issue with, is how getting legendaries has NOTHING to do with skill or achieving something in the game! Something like requiring you reach a certain fractal level, that would be more about skill, and would still take a long time, but the difference would be that if you put the time and effort into it, you would be rewarded for it, whereas now you not only simply have to sink time in to grind gold to BUY the legendary, but in addition to that they have put in the frankly kitten diminishing returns to counteract the very thing you have to do to get to it!

If you think spending 500$ to buy an item constitutes making it “hard to get” or shows how “skilled” you are, then you really need to get a clue of how things that actually require work function. Heck, just off the top of my head I can think of the hunter and priest staves from vanilla wow that required you to do certain quests to show skill in your class and people who actually got those items were often a mark of being good at the class.

Ofc, wow decided to also make legendaries a fairly certain drop, but at least they still require you to down some of the hardest bosses of the game (pre-mop) in order to get them, we have nothing like that in GW2.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rhinzual.7861

Rhinzual.7861

As has already been stated. It is misguided to say that legendaries are currently “hard” to get. There is nothing difficult about it, and it is instead based on sheer time put into mindless grind and pure dumb luck in getting the precursors.

Lets take the karka event. 10% of those who did it got a precursor, which means pretty much a free legendary, but did any of those people put in more effort than the others? No, they simply got LUCKY!

This is not how legendaries should work, there shou always be a a point of effort to them, a questline, or something to actually make them feel legendary. Legendaries in Gw2 are not hard to get or about skill, its about your wallet for buying the items needed. You don’t see people complain over the mastery part of the legendaries, or the need to explore the entire map, and I do not remember seeing all that many players complain over the 1 million karma requirement either.

What people have an issue with, is how getting legendaries has NOTHING to do with skill or achieving something in the game! Something like requiring you reach a certain fractal level, that would be more about skill, and would still take a long time, but the difference would be that if you put the time and effort into it, you would be rewarded for it, whereas now you not only simply have to sink time in to grind gold to BUY the legendary, but in addition to that they have put in the frankly kitten diminishing returns to counteract the very thing you have to do to get to it!

If you think spending 500$ to buy an item constitutes making it “hard to get” or shows how “skilled” you are, then you really need to get a clue of how things that actually require work function. Heck, just off the top of my head I can think of the hunter and priest staves from vanilla wow that required you to do certain quests to show skill in your class and people who actually got those items were often a mark of being good at the class.

Ofc, wow decided to also make legendaries a fairly certain drop, but at least they still require you to down some of the hardest bosses of the game (pre-mop) in order to get them, we have nothing like that in GW2.

Pretty much this.

in Crafting

Posted by: murven.7581

murven.7581

They should add another tier in between exotic and legendary which are easier to obtain and are less flashy for casual gamers. This way, really good players still keep their legendary bling and more casual gamers get a consolation prize.

in Crafting

Posted by: Pangie.3217

Pangie.3217

Going for a legendary weapon is optional in this game. You know what’s involved when you decided to go for one and chose to subject yourself to it. If you don’t want to do what’s involved in getting one then don’t go for it. There are a lot of people that put the time and effort into getting their legendary so it’ll be unfair to all of a sudden make it easier. Instead of requiring less mats maybe they should increase the drop rates of of precursors and clovers from the forge and t6 mats from mobs out in the world.

in Crafting

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Getting a Legendary in this game is the equivelent to digging the foundation of a football stadium with a spoon.

It’s long and boring.

You want Legendary?

How about completeing 10 insanely hard jumping puzzles in less than 30 minutes? How about having to solo a champion mob that one shots your face if you don’t dodge out of the way?
How about a world event dragon boss that’s actually hard to kill and requires massive teamwork and cooperation?
How about going on a treasure hunt in a 5 man dungeon chasing a mob with a big loot bag through a gauntlet of tough enemies and clever traps?

in Crafting

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

Getting a Legendary in this game is the equivelent to digging the foundation of a football stadium with a spoon.

It’s long and boring.

You want Legendary?

How about completeing 10 insanely hard jumping puzzles in less than 30 minutes? How about having to solo a champion mob that one shots your face if you don’t dodge out of the way?
How about a world event dragon boss that’s actually hard to kill and requires massive teamwork and cooperation?
How about going on a treasure hunt in a 5 man dungeon chasing a mob with a big loot bag through a gauntlet of tough enemies and clever traps?

So you want Super mario wars 2.

Don’t call us, we’ll call you.

in Crafting

Posted by: Evokerz.4952

Evokerz.4952

Pretty much this.

Well, with luck Gandalf found his legendary sword Glamdring inside Troll cave and not from slaying Morgoth or whatever evil god lord there.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Pretty much this.

Well, with luck Gandalf found his legendary sword Glamdring inside Troll cave and not from slaying Morgoth or whatever evil god lord there.

Gandalf just got a legendary weapon with a nice skin. ANet needs to take a lesson out of Tolkien’s book. Legendary weapons that only have cool skins should only be found through luck. Truly legendary weapons should be forged through grinding.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in Crafting

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

Gandalf just got a legendary weapon with a nice skin. ANet needs to take a lesson out of Tolkien’s book. Legendary weapons that only have cool skins should only be found through luck. Truly legendary weapons should be forged through skill and mastery of one’s profession and not mind numbingly boring grinding.

fix’t that for you

in Crafting

Posted by: Anzu.5702

Anzu.5702

The current way for obtaining a legendary forces players to play in a very limited way. Grind karma from very few events, grind jumping badges, explore the world as fast as possible, and grind gold (which usually means grind cof, fotm and play tp).

Based upon the recipe anet intended for players to explore and experience every part of the world for you to get the legendary. But that’s not how it turned out. For goodness sake you can even BUY legendaries from the tp now. They need to refine on those requirements. I would much rather go out into the world and play the entire game rather than grind cof all day. Like doing all the DEs, doing different dungeons, playing wvw, talking to npcs, personal story. Doing all those things are how you should get a legendary (albeit it should still take a while).

The recipes are not specific enough, they probably intended for you to go out into the world and do different DEs and fill the world killing different mobs to get the mats ( which would be awesome!) but instead we have empty maps, people making multiple alts to get jump badges, and everyone else in cof, ac and fotm farming gold.

I thoroughly enjoyed getting my 500 badges through actually wvw, 1 million plus karma through DEs and exploring the world and talking to different npcs and getting all the skill points on the way. But all that’s left for me now is a gold grind for the mats of which I would rather wvw.

Xarvacious: Guardian | Xarvo: Engineer | Achiles Augustus: Warrior
[HIRE]
TC

in Crafting

Posted by: Mazrim.2167

Mazrim.2167

I say to those people the following:

Link to where Anet referenced to this, or it never happened.

in Crafting

Mazrim.2167

Pretty much this.

I thought “Lottery ticket” items were more indicative of P2Win game developers, such as Nexon, etc.

Should I have to invest an exuberant amount of time to obtain a Legendary? Yes, I should. Should that Legendary not ONLY have a VERY unique and striking skin/particle effect(s) that go with it? ABSOLUTELY. Should that Legendary also represent the “cream of the crop” of all other weapons within its category in terms of performance and abilities? IMO, yes it should.

Should those Legendaries be obtained via a 1 in 10000 chance to obtain ONE ITEM to complete it?!! HELL NO — WTF’s Anet thinking?!

Or do they have Nexon employees working for them now?

And should LESSER weapons/skins require similar or greater effort to obtain them in contrast to a Legendary weapon? HELL NO, and this is one mechanic I believe is broken with the current “side-grade” system.

in Crafting

Mazrim.2167

So, alot people hate the “grind” to get legendaries. But this shouldnt mean they should change it. It is supposed to be hard to get, since its a legendary right? And how excactly are you supposed to work hard for something, without a grind? How can you REALLY work for something in a game without grinding? Its not possible, anything that takes a long time is seen as a grind.

And, all the people that goes for legendaries atm (Like myself) and when they change the way to obtain them, have alot of our work just gone to waste? Maybe they remove the gift of fortune and add something else, easier to obtain? Or maybe so youonly need 20 clovers instead of 77?

The precursor i can understand though, they keep rising in price and will like over 1000 gold in 1-2 month (They have gone up like 400 gold in 2 months) So i understand why they are fixing this.

And last, all the people that got they’re legendaries BEFORE the patch whats happening to them? If it becomes easier to get, they have wasted alot unneccessary time and suddenly the weapon they own wich took them ALOT time and hard work just isnt that “Legendary” anymore? Because it is easier to get for others, than it was for them..

Seriously, is this something i should worry about? Or can calm down..? Haha

Let me say one thing here about the mentality you imply here. Maye I misunderstand what you’re saying:

You claim that once a mechanic is implemented into a game, that it should never, EVER be adjusted.

Isn’t that a bit elitist?

That’s like raging over buying an item only to find its price a few months later reduced by half.

Regardless of what analogy (either good or bad) I present, the point of the matter is that you comprise the 2% of the early adopters within the games population that decided right out of the gate to go after the Legendary. Just because you DID decide to earn it at this point does not mean that now the procedure TO obtain it should now be forever STATIC.

Remember —- these are “side-grades”, NOT clear cut sizable upgrades that also merit shock and awe based on their power/stats.

You grinded the mats for a new SKIN, and if you’re like me, you might believe that some skins are worth going for more than others (don’t GET me started on farming for Aether/Azureflame — 100 Charged Lodestones?!?!?!?!?!?).

But to be upset over some yahoo months down the road only having to put forth 90% of the work you put in is a bit redundant when everything’s put into perspective.

I personally don’t care about how much materials are needed: To me, the look’s worth the amount of work it currently requires.

in Crafting

Posted by: Anzu.5702

Anzu.5702

I say to those people the following

Anet said that legendaries will be buffed to be the same as the highest stat tier available but not higher. So when full ascended is released, legendary stats will match ascended. Can’t remember here they said this and am at work so cbf looking. Check announcements to do with ascended.

Xarvacious: Guardian | Xarvo: Engineer | Achiles Augustus: Warrior
[HIRE]
TC

in Crafting

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

Wasn’t legendary weapon supposed to represent the mastery of the game? Because currently they only show on how deep your pockets are…

in Crafting

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Legendary acquiring should be changed. If you can show mastery of a section of PvE in a completion sense, like 1 time completion of something challenging… you should get a legendary. Maybe not the coolest legendaries, but something.

Deep pockets is cool and all for ANet, but not for the players lacking time and money.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in Crafting

Posted by: Andrax.4576

Andrax.4576

They should add another tier in between exotic and legendary which are easier to obtain and are less flashy for casual gamers. This way, really good players still keep their legendary bling and more casual gamers get a consolation prize.

Stat-wise, Legendaries and Exotics are the same, so there is no tier to be put in between them.

Look-wise you have the Cultural Tier 1-3 weapons and dungeon weapons, if you want a less flashy weapon that looks good, get one of those.

Rose Osiana [Elementalist]
Gandara EU
[DYE]

in Crafting

Posted by: LetheLuxuria.2641

LetheLuxuria.2641

I do not understand the gripe. Even if Legendary Weapons are evidently made of Gold, what is there to look down upon? There are many components that are not just gold-based. Exploration %, WvWvW participation and Event participation counts for something.

Just because others spend ridiculous amount of time on it, means they can be looked upon as people with deep pockets?

If the Legendary gives you so much unhappiness, why do you not just aim to get a full Fractal set, accessories and weapons? At least that means you have ‘skill’ to be playing on FoTM level 10, 20+?

Or what is it now? FoTM is all about luck too?

in Crafting

Mazrim.2167

I say to those people the following

Anet said that legendaries will be buffed to be the same as the highest stat tier available but not higher. So when full ascended is released, legendary stats will match ascended. Can’t remember here they said this and am at work so cbf looking. Check announcements to do with ascended.

So say you obtain a Legendary, and you use it as a skin because its stats don’t match your build at all. How would the stat buffing mechanics work then?

Sounds to me like we would have to either change our build to match the weapon in question. The main theme here — and this is what really worries me — is it might be a system of "DON’T make any modifications to your weapon (i.e. “skinning” it to another set of stats). This would bug a lot of players who already have done this.