New legendary weapons.

New legendary weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Jaakko.4759

Jaakko.4759

I think there should be new legendaries along the old ones, and they should be crafted differently, or just revamp all the legendaries on how to make them.

I think legendaries should require
100% world completion, 100% personal story completion
20+ sPvP rank: Dolyak
210+ WvW rank: Bronze Raider on one character of the account
Around 5+ Million Karma points
5000 or more Badges of Honor
Atleast 250 of every dungeon token ingame
500 or more Skillpoints
Atleast 50 Laurels
Level 400 crafting in atleast the traditional 2 crafting skills varying depending on the type of legendary
Done atleast 10 different Jumping puzzles
Atleast 5000 achievement points
And last but not least, around 100 Gold.

The reason why I think this way is, Legendaries currently are WAYYYY too based on luck and RNG, Legendary=Mostly Gold, simple, Gold = All about luck- So, thats where I think it goes wrong, Legendary, its not supposed to be about being lucky or unlucky, that is why I haven’t started making my legendary yet. Legendary should be awarded to the hardcore players that have done more than enough in EVERY specific area of the game, not only pve. thats a whole another thing, Legendary is too pve, Yeah? it requires Gift of Battle? pff…500 badges, with the new achievements system. that is so small! and you dont even need to do spvp for legendary, all im asking is that legendaries should be for the hardcore guys that have basicly completed the game, Thus the requirements I listed. Unless you know… Anet hates wvw and spvp and only wants people to do PvE for some god fordibben reason ^^
That is all. =)

Hiehot on kultaa. Hiehot on hopeaa. Hiehot on pronssia.

(edited by Jaakko.4759)

New legendary weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Clloydio.3524

Clloydio.3524

I’ve clocked a lot of hours in WvW, but I’m nowhere near rank 210.

New legendary weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Caitlin.8465

Caitlin.8465

So, in other words, you would like legendaries to be created based more on the way you spend your time playing the game, rather than grinding gold like everyone else has done?

Also, why should legendaries have anything to do with sPvP requirements when you can’t even use them there? They are cosmetic skins for PvE/WvW.

Legendaries aren’t based on luck, they’re based on grinding gold. Some very few people get lucky, but in reality, most who have made their legendaries didn’t get any help from luck along the way. You can acquire 100g in two days if you put decent effort into it with dungeons and/or gathering. You’re just asking for the focus to be on a different type of grind other than gold.

New legendary weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

First off, the only thing that is RNG about legendaries is acquiring the precursor, which you can still buy with gold.

Secondly, it is way too late to change the method of making legendaries. They have announced they will make precursors craftable which will get rid of the RNG aspect of it.

Lastly, anet designed the game to be a “play how you want” game. Given they have gone against that principle more as of late, you shouldn’t HAVE to play every area of the game to such a hardcore level to make a legendary. Changing legendary acquisition to something that would benefit you sounds selfish and not well thought out. Other than the precursor RNG, it isn’t that easy to get one as is.

Disclaimer: I do NOT own a legendary and don’t plan to either.

New legendary weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

They are long term projects that take around 500 game hours to make. Your suggestion would increase the amount of game hours it takes to make one since the wvw and dungeon suggestion would 10x the normal requirement. The new legendaries will probably use the same format: gift of mastery, gift of fortune, precursor(0.5% chance in the mystic forge with rares), gift of x.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

New legendary weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

Bad ideas:
-210+ WvW rank: Bronze Raider on one character of the account
-Around 5+ Million Karma points- After last nerf? That would be endless farm. Very bad idea.
-5000 or more Badges of Honor- WvW again?
- 20+ sPvP rank: Dolyak

It is clear that you are huge fan of PVP becouse your list is hugely unbalanced. It requires to be greatly focused on PVP but only a little on PVE.
250 tokens of every dungeon? Work for week. 100g? Again one week and the same you work on tokens. Laurels are obtainable through pvp as same as through pve. Karma in WvW. 10 JP….give me 30 minutes please. But your requirements on pvp ( WvW included) are insane. And could take months. Yes it is legendary it should not be easy to get, but your list is unbalanced.

(edited by daros.3407)

New legendary weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

i’m fine with all that above but you should have at least 10.000 achievement points.

Reaper – AnguĂ®sh

New legendary weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

i’m fine with all that above but you should have at least 10.000 achievement points.

Yeeees let only 5% of GW2 community to have chance to get legendary. :-D You hardcores are funny :-D
Everyone even newcommer with no archievment points shoud have right to work on legendary. Legendaries are not supposed to let us flaunt how much achievement points we have. You have radiant and helfire skins for it.
Legendaries are for everyone.

(edited by daros.3407)

New legendary weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Funny thing is I have all of the above requirements and more! But I do say a bit too much for newcomers

R.I.P Kumu <3

New legendary weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

I say that it should require 100,000 piles of putrid essence and nothing else that way you could know that your legendary was completely made of @#$%.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

New legendary weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I think there should be new legendaries along the old ones, and they should be crafted differently, or just revamp all the legendaries on how to make them.

I think legendaries should require
100% world completion, 100% personal story completion
20+ sPvP rank: Dolyak
210+ WvW rank: Bronze Raider on one character of the account
Around 5+ Million Karma points
5000 or more Badges of Honor
Atleast 250 of every dungeon token ingame
500 or more Skillpoints
Atleast 50 Laurels
Level 400 crafting in atleast the traditional 2 crafting skills varying depending on the type of legendary
Done atleast 10 different Jumping puzzles
Atleast 5000 achievement points
And last but not least, around 100 Gold.

The reason why I think this way is, Legendaries currently are WAYYYY too based on luck and RNG, Legendary=Mostly Gold, simple, Gold = All about luck- So, thats where I think it goes wrong, Legendary, its not supposed to be about being lucky or unlucky, that is why I haven’t started making my legendary yet. Legendary should be awarded to the hardcore players that have done more than enough in EVERY specific area of the game, not only pve. thats a whole another thing, Legendary is too pve, Yeah? it requires Gift of Battle? pff…500 badges, with the new achievements system. that is so small! and you dont even need to do spvp for legendary, all im asking is that legendaries should be for the hardcore guys that have basicly completed the game, Thus the requirements I listed. Unless you know… Anet hates wvw and spvp and only wants people to do PvE for some god fordibben reason ^^
That is all. =)

I agree with you completely, any gear labeled “legendary” should require some sort of basic measure of competence throughout the entire game. Anyone unable to achieve simple benchmarks such as these here should simply never get one.

On top of that I would throw in some truly legendary feats in there such as soloing lupicus (every profession can do this, multiple vids up on youtube) or defeating Liadri, etc.

A legendary weapon should be a mark of ones skill, not lack thereof.

Also, why should people that spend countless hours, organize communities and encounters, play multiple professions to their fullest potential etc. never get a legendary, while those who display gross incompetence and failure at different aspects of the game be awarded best items in the game based on RNG or gold farming / wallet $$ exchange ?

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

New legendary weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: bluerunner.5109

bluerunner.5109

As former “hardcore” gamer who grew up and got himself a job and family and has no where near as much time to play as he would like, I would like to say go kitten yourself.
getting a legendary is plenty hard enough as it is.

New legendary weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ibbuli.4027

Ibbuli.4027

As former “hardcore” gamer who grew up and got himself a job and family and has no where near as much time to play as he would like, I would like to say go kitten yourself.
getting a legendary is plenty hard enough as it is.

Way to get a good image of yourself.

New legendary weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

Way to necro a thread with completely outdated information.

5 million karma was actually achievable before the karma nerf. Good luck getting near those numbers these days.

Asking for 250 of each dungeon token would have been fine before they made dungeon rewards account bound.

As it is this thread and it’s requirements no longer hold water.

I am, however, waiting for a second set of legendaries and we’ve been told they’re coming. Any day now please!

New legendary weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ibbuli.4027

Ibbuli.4027

Way to necro a thread with completely outdated information.

Hey, it wasn’t me!

New legendary weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

and rank 1,000 in WvW

New legendary weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brindled.2179

Brindled.2179

Despite this being a 3 month old thread, I’m sure there are some people who still agree with higher goals required for a legendary. However, I’m also glad to see others that do not agree with this.

I read this last night, but couldn’t respond due to my location, computer, and network I was using. That’s a good thing, though, considering I had an evening to think about what I’d say regarding the topic. Over the last month I’ve hardly been able to play, and I’ve been having to play single player games. I still don’t have the time to play GW2 as of this moment, but I might be able to soon.

With that said, I can’t imagine a game developer that would expect his game’s patrons to play his game and only his game. Yes, legendaries should be somewhat prestigious and tougher to achieve than most other gear, relatively speaking. I was one of those players that from the beginning said they’d never make a legendary, but I gave in after finishing map completion and obtaining a precursor. It was a lot of work, and took me the better part of 2 weeks once I began to focus on making it. In my opinion, the requirements are already high enough to ensure the majority of players, being mostly casual, will not make one. Not to mention, prices for precursors and legendaries would increase tremendously. Don’t make this game so time consuming that it excludes an even higher percentage of players from having the most exotic-looking gear. In the end, that just alienates more and more people from playing.

I do believe they need a bunch more legendaries to choose from for the sake of diversity. This might also drive prices down some. I really feel this game should be more about fun and not so much the grind. … just my 2 cents.

New legendary weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: FuriousPop.2789

FuriousPop.2789

lol – the amount of legendaries around already means that they are too easy to attain. almost every 1/20 ppl have a legend of some sort.

most ppl r just grinding the gold and buying them…..

New legendary weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Most of these idea for Legendary requirement would be really bad. Forcing ppl to play WvW or sPvP (especially sPvP since you can’t use your Legendary in that mode) is just wrong. Map Completion in WvW is a thing but playing enough to get enough wXP is even worst.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

New legendary weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brindled.2179

Brindled.2179

lol – the amount of legendaries around already means that they are too easy to attain. almost every 1/20 ppl have a legend of some sort.

most ppl r just grinding the gold and buying them…..

either it’s the server you’re on or just your perception, but i’m willing to bet the active population wielding legendaries is not 1 in 20. anyone that has enough time to grind that much gold is not what i would consider casual, in the sense of time able to play the game. people that have that amount of time is not in the majority of the game’s players.

might i add that, if the ratio 1/20 have a legendary of some sort, we are talking about 5% of the population having a legendary. across 20,000 players that’s only 1000 players with legendaries. it really tends to alienate your average player that he’ll never be able to attain a legendary. alienation leads to disgruntled players, which doesn’t speak well for the culture of the game itself.

(edited by Brindled.2179)

New legendary weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nyarlathotep.6079

Nyarlathotep.6079

Lol. I find it very amusing, this concept that a legendary weapon should somehow be tied to tremendous skill in this game, because after all it’s “legendary”. The word “legendary”, according to Merriam Websters dictionary, is either:
1 – of, relating to, or characteristic of legend or a legend
2 – well-known, famous

That’s it. The weapons are well-known, they may even have a backstory, but the whole “players should be the best at everything to PROVE themselves in order to deserve one” argument is silly. I have 4, I’m currently working on my fifth. Making them is a huge priority in the game for me, I don’t run a lot of dungeons, do fractals, fight Teq, craft anything ascended, I just work towards making more legendaries because I like them. I play alone or with a few friends usually, and I’m often farming in places where other players aren’t necessarily around, so they aren’t for prestige or showing off. I like them, I like the way they look, and I like the long-term goal of achieving yet another one. OPs requirements are funny, and I wonder why somebody would feel the need to want them that difficult. Just to prove how awesome one is? Puh-lease

(edited by Nyarlathotep.6079)