World First Legendary Eternity Updated with recipe and video

in Crafting

Posted by: pchow.1956

pchow.1956

On October 20th, 2012 at 7:00 pm EST, I crafted Eternity on Tarnished Coast

http://i.imgur.com/vdmSM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VKwqH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lvqaM.jpg

Video coming soon. Shout out to my Krys for figuring out the recipe for Eternity. Thanks to my guild for 15% karma and banners boosts along with doing temple of balthazar when needed.

Obviously there’s some speculation going around that I exploited to get to where I am now or play every waking second of my life. So I will be making a mini F.A.Q. to answer concerns.

F.A.Q.
Q: How did you get dusk and dawn?

A: I purchased them early in the game for 60g each
http://i.imgur.com/duV6y.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/AhuGR.jpg

Q: How did you make so much gold to purchase all the components ?

A: I did not exploit nor did I receive donations from my guild. I capitalized on early gains purchasing a large sum of gems in the very start of the game and invested the majority of it into mystic coins, conduits, bltc, etc.

Q: Why are there so little hours on your character?

A: I first had initially crafted and equipped twilight on my asura. Seeing how it was too small and how the legendaries were bind on use I decided to forge eternity so that I could equip it to my norn.

Q: How did you farm so much karma?

A: I had 15% karma up 24/7 from guild boost as well kitten from banners and 50% from karma boosters. This along with having 3 level 80s allowed me to farm up to 200k karma a day without hitting DR.

Q: Why are you such a no lifer?

A: I don’t know, but I can tell you that out of my 750 total hours probably 10% is from logging onto character select screen and afking/sleeping. This still counts towards your total hours.

Q: What’s the recipe?

A: It’s not what is being rumored around, but have I known earlier what the recipe was I could have crafted Eternity a week earlier.

P.S. I got the achievement when I equipped the eternity, but not for sunrise or twilight. And There are no footprints from eternity. QQ

(edited by pchow.1956)

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Its probably unfinished if it doesnt have foot prints.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Crafting

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

Gratz. Sweet sword and lets hope its just a bug on the footprints caused by the swords pure epicness.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

man i dont even have 1 legendary x.x but noice =DD

in Crafting

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

ye this must be bullkitten, no man can play this much to get 2 legendaries in less then 2 months + who knows how much karma/gold whatever was needed for eternity recipe.
honestly I keep checking the date and time on my PC, looking at this screen of eternity makes me think I have somehow been frozen in time for like 4 months cuz apparently now eternities are flying about GW2. WHat the kitten ?
Honestly I cannot fit this kitten into my head.

HUH ?

in Crafting

Posted by: Turin.1024

Turin.1024

So what is the recipe?

in Crafting

Posted by: TrustyTurkey.1653

TrustyTurkey.1653

@Turin.1024
I’m pretty sure it’s a combination of both Sunrise and Twilight (since it combines both effects). @Terra probably has it right.

So, pchow, what did you do to make THAT much gold, karma, and all the other achievements in such a short period of time? I’m having a hard enough time getting 1 sub-sub-sub section of a legendary.

Excogitate

(edited by TrustyTurkey.1653)

in Crafting

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

Rumour has it its:

Twilight
Sunrise
Gift of Mastery
Gift of Fortune

in Crafting

Posted by: Atramentous.1923

Atramentous.1923

Congrats! Really big accomplishment

@ Aphix; TrustyTurkey – three options. He’s:
- playing 20h~ a day
- gotten lots of help from guildies/friends
- bought loads of gems.

I don’t see how else it would be possible.

in Crafting

Posted by: SnowflakeJake.1645

SnowflakeJake.1645

Can you show us a screenshot of how many hours you spent?

It has Begun!
Dungeon Master (Dec-23-’12) Warrior class

in Crafting

pchow.1956

in Crafting

Posted by: Mysterious Man.1703

Mysterious Man.1703

I was actually there to see him craft it. Rather, he linked it in our guild chat. First Twilight and Sunrise, then 2 mins later, bam. Eternity. So much joking was going on in Mumble. It was hilarious. The guy is a good sport, really chill, and I’m happy for him. Cybrus is proud of you.

in Crafting

Posted by: Riaky.8965

Riaky.8965

If you play the TP right you can have enough gold for two legendary greatsword and eternity in 2 months no problem which cost roughly 1500-1700g. But the thing is you also need 2.5 million karma for both all three swords too. You’d have to choose to do one or the other to make all 3 swords. Can’t really have enough time to make money and camping for karma at the same time.

Best option he has is buy ton load of gems when it was cheap @ the 1st week of release and use all his free time to farm karma. It is very possible to get Eternity.

(edited by Riaky.8965)

in Crafting

Posted by: Yukisho.5381

Yukisho.5381

So you played for a total of 31.5 days on your characters over the last 56 days and have had only 24.5 days worth of not playing. Guessing you got 8 hours of sleep each day, you spent 196 hours asleep when not playing. That leaves only 392 hours of work/school/not playing. While you had spent 756 hours of the time in 56 days playing the game. In 56 days there is only 1,344 hours. That is a seriously bad addiction.

(edited by Yukisho.5381)

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

So you played for a total of 31.5 days on your characters over the last 56 days and have had only 24.5 days worth of not playing. Guessing you got 8 hours of sleep each day, you spent 196 hours asleep when not playing. That leaves only 392 hours of work/school/not playing. While you had spent 756 hours of the time in 56 days playing the game. In 56 days there is only 1,344 hours. That is a seriously bad addiction.

get over ur kitten self

in Crafting

Posted by: psilosopher.5807

psilosopher.5807

I notice you also have a full set of T3 cultural armor. Probably one of those guys who capitalized on the mystic forge bug where Godskull greatswords were making precursors. He probably still has thousands of gold after making this double legendary.

Beorn The Berserker
Level 80 Norn Warrior

in Crafting

Posted by: AnotherJaggens.1396

AnotherJaggens.1396

Yup, godskull exploiters showing off, nothing to look at here.

in Crafting

Posted by: beatrix.5074

beatrix.5074

Are you sure thats a world first? I’m pretty sure I’ve seen a little asura runnin around with that for the past week in my farms in Orr.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zeus.9840

Zeus.9840

I’m not even sure what to think of this. On one hand, I’m impressed by how you attained Eternity in the time that you had. On the other hand, I’m thinking that you need a life – though I’m willing to attribute this thought partially to jealousy. Either way, congrats! I’ll be looking forward to my first legendary a year from now

in Crafting

Posted by: Yukisho.5381

Yukisho.5381

get over ur kitten self

Sorry my friend, I love numbers. Care to cry about it some more? I will always have a shoulder you can come cry on!

in Crafting

Posted by: Chalice.1280

Chalice.1280

http://i.imgur.com/tOKVc.jpg

Sadly I don’t have a legendary, or even 1/1000th of the gold to buy one, I do have 5 lv80’s though!

in Crafting

pchow.1956

updated with faq.

in Crafting

Posted by: Flippetized.2657

Flippetized.2657

can I join your guild?

in Crafting

psilosopher.5807

It’s cool you had enough gold to get the precursors when they were 60g. I guess i’m just jealous because I never had enough to buy a precursor and I have every other Gift for the legendary except the precursor and the price keeps going up faster than I can make gold.

Beorn The Berserker
Level 80 Norn Warrior

in Crafting

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

Why won’t you say what the recipe is? I just wanna update the wiki.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wolfgang Michael.8217

Wolfgang Michael.8217

Quote from Wiki – ‘Yeah you just need the 1200 Gold for the materials, 2 million Karma, World Completion, 676 Skill Points, 1000 Badges of Honor and 1000 Ascalonian Tears. No big deal.—AtzaMan 21:23, 1 October 2012 (UTC)
I prommisu guys. After 2 more month somebody will have this greatsword and because it will be a noob without a life he will sell it for 1 g to me.194.116.212.2 08:30, 2 October 2012 (UTC)’

in Crafting

Posted by: Hippocampus.8470

Hippocampus.8470

I notice you also have a full set of T3 cultural armor. Probably one of those guys who capitalized on the mystic forge bug where Godskull greatswords were making precursors. He probably still has thousands of gold after making this double legendary.

Right… it couldn’t possibly have anything to do with having spent hundreds of hours playing the game. Guy’s more successful than you, so he must have cheated?

Troll harder.

in Crafting

psilosopher.5807

Right… it couldn’t possibly have anything to do with having spent hundreds of hours playing the game. Guy’s more successful than you, so he must have cheated?

Troll harder.

He actually said he spent a large amount of RL money on gems to get gold and take advantage of the TP from early on – i.e., buying precursors when they were only 60g. I have 550 hours played, 200 gold, Gift of Fortune & Gift of Mastery (all of the Karma requirements done), and all I need is the Precursor (Dusk or Dawn) and either Charged or Obsidian Lodestones to craft the final gift.

I didn’t buy any gems → gold so I wasn’t able to buy a precursor for 60g a month ago, and since then I’ve been playing catch up with the steadily increasing prices.

Beorn The Berserker
Level 80 Norn Warrior

in Crafting

Posted by: Hippocampus.8470

Hippocampus.8470

That’s all well and good and has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that you accused him of capitalizing on an exploit.

Which all too frequently seems to be the first response from some people whenever other people have been luckier or more successful than them in this game.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

soo is it as we all expected and just Sunrise by day and Twilight by night?

i gotta say it seems mostly pointless when you could just craft Sunrise & Twilight and give them to 1 character and switch between whenever you feel like it.

though i understand that you had 1 of the legendaries on your Asura and moved Eternity to your norn.

in Crafting

pchow.1956

yep, pretty much with less effects than twilight /sunrise.

in Crafting

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

wait, how did he moved the legendary from asura to norn? Or did it before it was soulbounded?

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Crafting

Posted by: LaronX.8079

LaronX.8079

I think he simply crafted it one the A sura and then moved it.

Blub.

in Crafting

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

That’s the worst armor color scheme I ever saw. Please fix it.

Snow Crows [SC]

in Crafting

Posted by: lejean.9615

lejean.9615

You must have lost your girlfriend if you ever had her…

By the way, does it looks a bit different (in night) than Twilight? I see that Eternity is a bit darker but i might be..blind

in Crafting

Posted by: Psilocin.1435

Psilocin.1435

I think the Guild Wars 2 community is the only place where you get shunned for accomplishing things. Some of the comments here are quite sad in fact. OP decided to go for something, lo’ and behold, he did it, so let’s congratulate him instead.

There are two things humans will never observe; infinity and nothingness.

in Crafting

Posted by: ionite.6234

ionite.6234

So where exactly did you farm your karma anyway? I was going to start accumulating some myself, and was wondering what’s the best place to start.

in Crafting

Posted by: Cappy.2786

Cappy.2786

LoL,he hasnt finished 1 personal story quest.

in Crafting

Posted by: Paladine.6082

Paladine.6082

From one of the images seems to be farming Plinx for Karma which is bugged on our server and therefore is exploitable….
(not sure if the same is true on his server – just saying)

Mystic Forge Attempts for Pre-Legendary
Lvl 80 Axes : Rare: 483; Exotic: 4 – Frostfang: 0
Lvl 80 Swords : Rare: 20; Exotic: 0 – Zap: 0

(edited by Paladine.6082)

in Crafting

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

@Cappy. Probably because he has 3 level 80 characters. If you have multiple characters there’s not much incentive to do personal story many times as story is average, same ending in all and we’re still waiting on token rewards at end. Bottom line, it’s an alt. Credit to OP, One legendary is very hardwork – I still need 100g to finish my first (and probably only) legendary.

Many people in this thread are jealous/ astonished. Those who aren;t should just ignore this thread.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

so whats the recipe and there’s some guy saying that twilight only has its effects during night time and sunrise during daytime ? is that true or are they the same no matter what time of the server is ?

in Crafting

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

You sir have won GW2.

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The recipe is Twilight+ Sunrise+ Gift of Eternity+ Gift of Fortune
;)

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Crafting

Posted by: Surinen.9684

Surinen.9684

Good Sir! such posts like your makes me wanna play less and less – you burnt me out almost completely! Curse of Precursor steals my joy and your omnipotent credit card makes it even worse – even my favourite grapefruit juice doesnt help me anymore.

but of course, congratu—-burn in the 9th ring of hell ! with Dantes wifie and all sort of karmazine monsters of doom!

shiiiinyyy *_****

P.S. make one legendary for me and send me via in game email

in Crafting

Posted by: Mank.2183

Mank.2183

Did I read that right? 80278 gems?

in Crafting

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

“Bought lots of gems” Why am i NOT shocked – this is what makes me like GW2 less than I want too – people can buy their way to all the cool stuff while the rest of us have to spend 100’s upon 100’s of hours to even remotely get close – this is not how a game should work.

It may not be “P2W” but it is JUST AS BAD when all we have in the game to distinguish ourselves are rare items and looks.

Got $1000 and a few hours a day to play the game? BAM – Legendary – so lame.

(edited by azurrei.5691)

in Crafting

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

Why do you care if some dude spends hundreds of dollars on GW2 pixels? You didn’t spend hundreds of dollars on GW2 pixels so I’m pretty sure you came out ahead in the deal.

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Crafting

Posted by: Surinen.9684

Surinen.9684

came ahead – yes we spent less on game – BUT REMEMBER that there are people who has much more money than they have ideas what to spend it on. If you are high middle class or even just middle class in some good prospering country you earn a lot of money to change it into legendaries – not anyone want super fast car or mingun with optic laser with platinum bullets so they spent it on games, just like any gamer with money would probably do anyway. Enjoyment of pixels as the same as other things in real life, we buy useless gadgets and many more. If we would spent our cash only on “practical” things then we all would probably sleep with money.

in Crafting

Posted by: Cappy.2786

Cappy.2786

@Cappy. Probably because he has 3 level 80 characters. If you have multiple characters there’s not much incentive to do personal story many times as story is average, same ending in all and we’re still waiting on token rewards at end. Bottom line, it’s an alt. Credit to OP, One legendary is very hardwork – I still need 100g to finish my first (and probably only) legendary.

Many people in this thread are jealous/ astonished. Those who aren;t should just ignore this thread.

Touche

in Crafting

pchow.1956

Didn’t spend hundreds of dollars. Made a lot of gold in beginning and converted it into gems before the halloween event.

@azzurrei, pretty sure even with money you’d have to farm all that karma that I did as well.