300g commander tag and raids

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Timberclaw.7496

Timberclaw.7496

I am in a position right now where I would love to help friends and everybody else to clear the raid wings. Almost the only thing I do in-game at the moment is raiding, and by raiding with food buffs even when the bosses are already killed puts your gold income to basically zero.

The problem I face right now is that I do not have a commander tag. Since it is pretty much a requirement for raids in terms of markers and ready checks, having to pay 300g for it feels very lame. I don’t have the gold for it, nor will I have in the near future unless I buy gems or get lucky with drops. Why should I have to put everything else in the game aside just to buy an icon for 300gold to do something that is good for everyone?

My suggestion is to give every squad leader the tools to place markers and do ready checks without having to buy the commander tag first. BUT only inside raids. I still think a commander tag is something that not every person should have, and those who do have one should use it properly. But people like me who have basically zero interest in leading groups in open world pve or WvW really suffers from this.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Everyone has money, Great increase price to 300g.

A few months later, lets create an economic great depression, a minority has gold, no change.

Flawless.

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

As i said on reddit and will say here as well.
Those com tags was not made for pve raids to start with, they were made for wvw and we had to pay for them during all this years, and tbh i don’t see why you PvE guys should have it any different. We have also had issues not having tags since a tag in wvw always means something, so we all had to grind for them. Welcome to our world

Posted by: Timberclaw.7496

Timberclaw.7496

i don’t see why you PvE guys should have it any different.

I’ve seen devs encouraging veterans to help newcomers in raids. I still think the tag itself should have its price unchanged. But inside raids, markers and ready checks are really important to get it organized. This would not change the fact that people in open world pve would still have to pay for their tag as it could be abused otherwise.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Those com tags was not made for pve raids to start with, they were made for wvw and we had to pay for them during all this years, and tbh i don’t see why you PvE guys should have it any different. We have also had issues not having tags since a tag in wvw always means something, so we all had to grind for them. Welcome to our world

Exactly, so the tools that commander have for raids should be extended to the squad leader when they are inside of the raid so that they do not need a commander tag that was designed for WvW. Raids should not require a group to come up with 300g to get a commander tag first for raid logistics.

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

Given an income of approximately 10g/hour of gameplay, 300g is by no means too expensive. If you want the tag for a guild, pool your gold and it will even be easier.

Stating that a raid doesn’t provide income is plain wrong.

Furthermore, the usage of the most expensive food/utility is simply not necessary, as the difference to cheaper alternatives is marginal.

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

Here is how I see it.

Every WvW player that wanted the features that came with the Commander Tag had to pay the gold to get it, as such, Every PvE player that wants the features that comes with a Commander Tag can pay the gold to get it.

It’s that simple.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

Posted by: Rivindor.7258

Rivindor.7258

Probably just use the same method used to get the ascended gear required to raid, to get the cmdr tag.

If you’re really lost, might I suggest doing laps around mid-level maps for gathering? My daredevil was making 10g/hr doing that. Alternatively, silverwastes can provide even higher income if you get into a TML map

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Here is how I see it.

Every WvW player that wanted the features that came with the Commander Tag had to pay the gold to get it, as such, Every PvE player that wants the features that comes with a Commander Tag can pay the gold to get it.

It’s that simple.

I feel it sad that we apparently live now in a world where people, when faced with a problem, would rather have others share it and be equally miserable, than see it solved.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

This thread is a joke or hypocritical.
Every raider was and still is getting enough gold out of Spirit Vale where you absolutely don’t need any special commander abilities (ready check —> TS/Skype/w/e, markers not needed here) to get things easily done! If you don’t buy shinies all the time, you won’t notice the amount of buff food you have to spend gold for. Use the cheaper ones, Matisse already said it, it is way enough.
Additionally almost every so called “raider” is doing daily fractals while netflixing because that content is hilarious and donates around 10g every day.
These things put together will result in buying a commander in less than a month.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

STIHL.2489

I feel it sad that we apparently live now in a world where people, when faced with a problem, would rather have others share it and be equally miserable, than see it solved.

As I see it, It’s unjust to make one group pay 300 gold for something that is then given away for free to another group.

As it stands right now, and while you may not like it, the only fair solution is for everyone to pay equally for the same features, if you have another solution that fair to everyone, I am willing to listen to it.

Astralporing.1957

As I see it, It’s unjust to make one group pay 300 gold for something that is then given away for free to another group.

I don’t know about you, but I have paid only 100g for it. I have also paid quite a lot of money to unlock traits that are free to everyone now – and yet i didn’t protest when that change happened, because i considered it a good one.

Prices change, that’s nothing new.

“Everyone else has to have it as bad as i did” is really a wrong way to approach a problem. If we did that always, we’d still be living in caves.

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I do not agree that having to pay for something that you want is, “lame.” One of the things that raids do is increase the utility of commander tags. They have very little use in PvE otherwise. An argument that adding utility to them means that they should be free seems a bit weird to me.

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

And the WvW commanders are laughing at this thread. If it wasn’t for the WvW community you would have to pay 300g per colour like they intended it. WvW commanders accepted the price tag and so should PvErs, who can earn way more than WvW commander.

RP enthusiast

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

i got my tag when it was 100 gold. i had 2 tags, so in effect i lost 100 gold. if anet decides at some point to reduce the price of tags. great. if they don’t… oh well.

HOWEVER

anet specifically put in the ability to make a tagless leaderless squad of 10… so that people could still raid without anyone needing to buy a tag. the extras are just that.. extras. conveniences. you don’t need them to run a raid… and those conveniences are part and parcel of paying whatever is the current fee, be it 300, or 100, or heck if anet changes it to 10 gold and 20,000 badges, or whatever other off-the-wall price you can think of for a full-featured tag. if you want the extras, you pay the fee. it’s that simple.

and asking for those features for free spits in the face of those who paid for them and comes off as a whiny little kitten.

i should link this thread over in the wvw section. it’ll be blood on the water, and i’ll just sit back and watch the sharks eat this topic up. lol

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

STIHL.2489

Prices change, that’s nothing new.

If Anet wants to change the price for a Tag across the board, that is one thing.

But I stand by what I said.

Here is how I see it.

It’s that simple.

Now, if you feel that it is fine to shaft WvW players by forcing them to pay for a feature that is given to PvE players get for free, well the forums won’t allow me to express what I think of the people that would advocate that, but I will say this.. We Shall NEVER agree.

Astralporing.1957

Now, if you feel that it is fine to shaft WvW players by forcing them to pay for a feature that is given to PvE players get for free, well the forums won’t allow me to express what I think of the people that would advocate that, but I will say this.. We Shall NEVER agree.

Oh, duh, now i feel stupid. I somehow missed that op was asking for full functionality for raids only. On that point i agree, if raiders want it they should pay as much as everyone else. And i don’t even get why they’d ask for it being free for them instead of asking for command tag to be a requirement – they most certainly seem to have no problems with requiring costly gear.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

they most certainly seem to have no problems with requiring costly gear.

right? like a 200 gold sigil for chronomancers? eesh.

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

STIHL.2489

Oh, duh, now i feel stupid. I somehow missed that op was asking for full functionality for raids only. On that point i agree, if raiders want it they should pay as much as everyone else. And i don’t even get why they’d ask for it being free for them instead of asking for command tag to be a requirement – they most certainly seem to have no problems with requiring costly gear.

Total Respect for you man!

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

Now that I think about it… just use TacO lol

Astralporing.1957

they most certainly seem to have no problems with requiring costly gear.

right? like a 200 gold sigil for chronomancers? eesh.

Let’s see if it’ll remain 200g after today’s patch.

Actions, not words.