3g per lvl 80 Dungeon Gear @ vendor

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Devik.9852

Devik.9852

I recently started playing again and now people are selling paths.. and for cheap which makes all of that difficult – time consuming gear incredibly easy for anyone to get.

In fact it’s much cheaper to get Arah gear from the dungeon vendor than on TP assuming you do paths 1,2,3 once a day only.

Pay 4g to the party, wait about 30 seconds, get 60 dungeon tokens and 3 gold back. So 3g total for lets say boots or gloves while zerker gear on TP is 14g.

I don’t mind players finding ways to get gold, that’s great. The sad part is wearing that gear is cheap.. it’s not something that takes a long time for people to obtain like virtually everything in game.

Just have 1 set of really hard armor that gold cant buy that can only be obtained by skilled, hard working dungeon players.

Again, I just started playing again since Christmas.. maybe I’m missing something, but to me it seems like gear just got even easier.. even a newbie lvl 80 who just bought GW2 2 weeks ago can now wear the same gear that I wear – someone who’s played since Beta.

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Arah armor hasn’t been prestigious for a long while now. It’s just a skin. Hell, you can even get it in pvp.

Devik.9852

Arah armor hasn’t been prestigious for a long while now. It’s just a skin. Hell, you can even get it in pvp.

That’s my point lol. At least before if you obtained it in PVP, you couldn’t wear it outside the area.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I understand why you don’t like it and I feel the same way about a lot of things on here. When it comes to equipment there’s not much you’re able to do to make yourself stand out besides getting legendary skins… which are also pretty unimpressive considering the wardrobe system and the fact that people are capable of buying gems with real life money and converting it to gold (lol, makes me cringe at the idea of people doing this but it does happen).

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

That’s my point lol. At least before if you obtained it in PVP, you couldn’t wear it outside the area.

I mean, I understand that you want a prestigious armor. My point is just that Arah armor has never really been prestigious. Even back in the “good old days,” people were carried, people exploited, people ranged Lupicus, whatever. It wasn’t a sign you were a good player— maybe a dedicated one, but that’s different from prestige IMO.

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Just get a skin combination for your armor that you actually enjoy looking at instead of searching for one that says “hey look at me I’m so pro!”. Especially when it’s not even the case.

Devik.9852

Just get a skin combination for your armor that you actually enjoy looking at instead of searching for one that says “hey look at me I’m so pro!”. Especially when it’s not even the case.

I don’t care what other people think.

I want something to be proud of for me. Something I worked hardd on and not something that can be easily obtained.

I play GW2 for me, for my entertainment. Not to impress people.. it’s a game, not rl.

(edited by Devik.9852)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

In that case, why not just LFG for a group to do Arah properly then? You don’t HAVE to buy a run, you know. (And for the record, I plan on doing Arah properly too once I get up there.)

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Because he wants a tangible reward symbolic of something that he achieved, which there is none of.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Isn’t that basically the Arah gear though? If he’s not concerned about impressing others, then the only person you need to worry about satisfying is yourself. Your Arah gear would then be a memento of the work and time you put into it; it wouldn’t matter what other people thought about it.

Posted by: xallever.1874

xallever.1874

Well… We could make everything a bit more like the fractal skins, eh?

Jk.

Although it’s obviously a joke that you end up owning a legendary before having any fractal skins.

Have a merchant spawn at the end of level 50 fractal or something in which you can exchange the pristine relics for specific skins. Or have that merchant spawn on whichever level fractal with the most obnoxious instability or whatever.

(edited by xallever.1874)

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

^ This. c: I only ran Arah a few times just so that I can get the light armour shoulders, now I rarely set foot there, although I do enjoy it going there. c:

Anyway, back to the quoted post above – you’re lucky! We have the perfect person who could help you with how to look awesomely well in game

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I understand why you don’t like it and I feel the same way about a lot of things on here. When it comes to equipment there’s not much you’re able to do to make yourself stand out besides getting legendary skins… which are also pretty unimpressive considering the wardrobe system and the fact that people are capable of buying gems with real life money and converting it to gold (lol, makes me cringe at the idea of people doing this but it does happen).

This makes me smile. I think a person who can afford to spend 500 bucks on some pixels is more badkitty than cringe worthy. They’re all like, F you, do my work for me you college student and I’ll pay for your pixels to be my pixels.

On my birthday this coming December I will be doing just this for minstrel because whatever, I’m awesome!

Also check out my Arah skins aren’t I pro?

Attachments:

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

No words.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Lilith Ajit.6173

No words.

I don’t know if this is positive or negative, but let me explain.

Let’s say you are a salaried employee working 40-60 hours per week at a company you like that is advancing your career. You make more than you spend, but don’t get a whole lot of game time. You obviously are not going to take time off from work to farm for a legendary that you want, because that would negatively impact your career and possibly your family. Instead of doing this, you shuffle away $100 worth of gems for 5 paychecks, (a pretty small percentage of your overall paycheck) so that you can convert to gold and buy, say, 1 legendary.

The legendaries I have made took me approximately 1 month each of fairly serious play to farm for. But let’s say it takes 35 hours to farm a legendary from start to finish. My time is much better off at work, being paid much more than 500$ for 35 hours, to get that legendary. I’d rather farm “gold” IRL than in game. in other words.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Thinking of this, I might gift you the minstrel.
I’m just a poor student with no time for (regular) work, might aswell turn my unused gold, which I have no use for, into fashion to save you from overpriced anet gems.

Edit: From my point of view, gold is more like a side product playing, rather than something to farm for. So if you feel like waiting a bit and give me some time, sure. Overall I’ve probably been giving a lot more than just 2k gold anyway.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

(edited by Dub.1273)

Lilith Ajit.6173

Thinking of this, I might gift you the minstrel.
I’m just a poor student with no time for (regular) work, might aswell turn my unused gold, which I have no use for, into fashion to save you from overpriced anet gems.

This would be extra super silly.

But it isnt like I’m going to say no! Buahahaha

[ARES]

Lilith Ajit.6173

Edit: From my point of view, gold is more like a side product playing, rather than something to farm for. So if you feel like waiting a bit and give me some time, sure. Overall I’ve probably been giving a lot more than just 2k gold anyway.

This point of view makes sense to me, because when I was a college student playing the game it’s how I felt about gold. And honestly I’m planning on waiting (my birthday is a good 6 months away) so I wasn’t planning on starting the shuffling gems away until about October.

Anyway, I guess I don’t think dungeon gear should cost gold because that would screw over new players who need endgame gear and don’t have enough gold to afford gear off the TP or enough karma.

[ARES]

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I’m kinda with you about this, Lilith. And I’m not apologetic either :x

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

Well your could try ascended armor, is the most “hard working” thing around.
Gosh i forced myself too… gulp… pvp… to get dragonite ore >.<

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

Yeah, if you want hard-to-get armor, just get ascended. Either you get insanely lucky on drops or you grind it out yourself, can’t buy it on the TP or even through buying dungeon runs.

Granted, all three sets look like a complete bucket of kitten , but still.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Pay 4g to the party, wait about 30 seconds, get 60 dungeon tokens and 3 gold back.

Are the prices really this down? I remember that I could regularly sell it once or twice a day 8g/person.