AFKtanking bosses/Cleric Gear Confirmed OP

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

I’m going to make a series out of this and try record every(or most) dungeon/fractal bosses being trivialized/facetanked/afk’d with barely any skill or player input needed and no dodges at all(since dodges are op and broken). I hit record too late on all 3 fights in this video, because it was so mindnumbingly boring that i wasn’t even paying attention to the game at all.

This is what most of the gw2 playerbase wants boss fights to be like.
This is what most of the gw2 playerbase thinks is good/fun content.
This is fun.

This is how gw2 is meant to be played.

(In all seriousness: Go equip full berserker gear, use meta builds and do the same in normal dungeons, since SO many people claim “lel zerg gear needs no skill just spam 1 and win lolol”

Yes, i’m tired of reading all this idiotic crap from people who hate skill, finishing dungeons quickly/efficiently and like roleplaying in dungeons or w/e.)

#NerfHealingPowerToughnessVitality

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

lolwhat. Did you miss the part where like every single player is running beserker?

Posted by: DakotaCoty.5721

DakotaCoty.5721

Hardly OP on a level 4 fractal. :/

[CG {EU} – Leader] Leading farm guild~193 cRanger~
https://www.twitch.tv/dakotacoty
https://www.facebook.com/RealDakotaCoty/

Emanuel.9781

Hardly OP on a level 4 fractal. :/

Yes, it is OP as you can clearly see.
Check this video out made by the rT guys showing how you can just facetank arah path 2 with some of the most damaging bosses in the entire game without using dodge a single time : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2VhmwLwvrM
There is also actually bots farming certain dungeons around still going unnoticed for months now.

Don’t worry, as i said, i’m going to record footage of afk facetanking a lot of other dungeon bosses in the game.
Whenever i can find volunteers to do this boring crap, that is…

I’m just going to ignore the very first reply as i can’t believe that this is a serious response.

(edited by Emanuel.9781)

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

So you found a good build for tanking… now you’re whining?

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

Now try to do this in Dredge Fractal scale 50

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Nobody does lv50, nor Dredge. It sure is impossible.

Wasn’t smart to put it on General, you’ll only get casual/RP replies.

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

Even if it wont work there, it stil does for every dungeon and low lvl fotm aka ~90% of the endgame. I think thats enough to make a point.

Videos like this or the Arah p2 (facetanking lupicus in melee range, really?…) is for people who think berserkergear makes the game to easy. Because if my Zerkwarrior tries to facetank stuff, he dies. Fast.

Thats the whole point of those Videos, at least for me.

Nemesis.8593

Even if it wont work there, it stil does for every dungeon and low lvl fotm aka ~90% of the endgame. I think thats enough to make a point.

Videos like this or the Arah p2 (facetanking lupicus in melee range, really?…) is for people who think berserkergear makes the game to easy. Because if my Zerkwarrior tries to facetank stuff, he dies. Fast.

So it is justified because it requires “more skill” then just standing still with a macro on ?

Does it require that much “skill” to hit some timings ? I agree… not everyone can do it, until they get use to the timings, but after that it’s like like a jumping puzzle… no skill involved because you’ve done it once but that’s not the point…

Point is PvE is broken… that’s what i keep saying for a few months now… 1 playstyle is far more rewarding then all others, and that playstyle also makes the game look like trash: skip… stack on one pixel around corner and kill mobs before they can even reach us, put boss into the wall burst + reflect his own damage back so hard that he dies from himself.
Any outsider that sees this wouldn’t even think twice about buying this game…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

Posted by: Galespark.7835

Galespark.7835

This is fun.

Why? Because wanting to mix up the DPS meta automatically means that all content should be facetankable in clerics?

I am sure you have, but perhaps you should again (thoroughly) read the OP of the “Clearing the air on berserker” thread in the profession balance forums. That is what many people want. Not saying most, as unlike you seem to do, I do not have metrics. You do not have to agree with us, but ridiculing and overgeneralising those you do not agree with just makes you look like you cannot handle civil discussion.

EDIT: I might add that I agree with the OP that berserker equipment itself does not trivialise things and is only really effective in competent teams, except for some laughably easy dungeon paths. Nerfing berserker will not solve the problems many have with the system since they come from content mechanics, not the gear.

(edited by Galespark.7835)

Emanuel.9781

Nemesis, tell me, is “killing stuff before it can reach you”(which is a blatant lie, just check any kill speedclear video. Mobs obviously reach the group, but they die from burst DPS) better or standing still mashing 1 better without any danger?

Emanuel.9781

This is fun.

Why? Because wanting to mix up the DPS meta automatically means that all content should be facetankable in clerics?

I am sure you have, but perhaps you should again (thoroughly) read the OP of the “Clearing the air on berserker” thread in the profession balance forums. That is what many people want. Not saying most, as unlike you seem to do, I do not have metrics. You do not have to agree with us, but ridiculing and overgeneralising those you do not agree with just makes you look like you cannot handle civil discussion.

>ridiculing
>overgeneralising
>cant handle civil discussion
Funny, this is what all the anti zerkers have been doing since the last year. Some of us are just fed up now. People don’t read or try to understand what we write.

“stack in corner spam 1 and win no skill needed omfg”
“put on zerg gear use reflects mobs &bosses kill themself wow this is so easy wtf anet nerf zergburger”
etc. etc. etc. etc………………….

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

You make a valid point OP.

People complain about Zerker-gear dominance.

But at least with Zerker gear you have to actively play the game and are punished for mistakes. All the other gear sets just increase your leeway.

Imo Zerker dominance is just a natural evolution with people getting more and more proficient with the game.

Posted by: Aegnor Reginard.4621

Aegnor Reginard.4621

Hey, cleric is what i`m looking for. Stand close to boss press 1 and…
I have time to make tea or coffee, spend more time with my girlfriend, buy bread, make sandwiches, even to go to work!
Today i will replace my berserk for cleric!
Thank You!

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

So it is justified because it requires “more skill” then just standing still with a macro on ?

Does it require that much “skill” to hit some timings ? I agree… not everyone can do it, until they get use to the timings, but after that it’s like like a jumping puzzle… no skill involved because you’ve done it once but that’s not the point…

Point is PvE is broken… that’s what i keep saying for a few months now… 1 playstyle is far more rewarding then all others, and that playstyle also makes the game look like trash: skip… stack on one pixel around corner and kill mobs before they can even reach us, put boss into the wall burst + reflect his own damage back so hard that he dies from himself.
Any outsider that sees this wouldn’t even think twice about buying this game…

I have not “justified” anything in any way. I say, that full zerk speedrun is harder than full clerics facetankrun, I dont claim any of those two hard at all.

I actually agree on PvE beeing broken, but not for the reason most people do. Changing berserker gear will change NOTHING.

If you kill a boss with 1-2 true mechanics 50 times, ofc he gets easy, no matter how you do it. Do you want to know what I think is easy? Solo Lupicus on Warrior. No stacking, no reflection, no cornerpull and I still can do it half brain afk, not because I’m an awesome pro player or anything, but because I did it 100times.

Repetition makes everything dull. Repetition + stupid AI makes everything dull really really fast.

(edited by Molch.2078)

Posted by: Aegnor Reginard.4621

Aegnor Reginard.4621

This is fun.

>ridiculing
>overgeneralising
Funny, this is what all the anti zerkers have been doing since the last year. Some of us are just fed up now. People don’t read or try to understand what we write.

“stack in corner spam 1 and win no skill needed omfg”
“put on zerg gear use reflects mobs &bosses kill themself wow this is so easy wtf anet nerf zergburger”
etc. etc. etc. etc………………….

The problem is not Zerk. The real problem is the AI, which allows you to stack mobs like this.

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

the only thing showed broken is warrior itself cleric only make their broken regen more broken

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Funny, because the cure for Berserker is also the cure for this: make monsters more dangerous and smarter.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Nemesis.8593

Nemesis, tell me, is “killing stuff before it can reach you”(which is a blatant lie, just check any kill speedclear video. Mobs obviously reach the group, but they die from burst DPS) better or standing still mashing 1 better without any danger?

Neither… i’ve been saying for months… neither…

No holy trinity = no mandatory tank, DPS, healer… tank taunt, healer spam heal… DPS macro DPS

I thought that would promote a game in which everyone has to react in real time vs a certain situation…
Of course those who like to play a more tanky class will go in front, those who like to see numbers go in the back… and those who like to support support.
But everyone heals themselves and reacts to the environment as a team…
No more… stacking DPSers in one spot, stacking healers in one spot… only pure skillful fights… with tanks going in and out of the action, DPSers running around doing massive AoE and NOT getting 1 shoted if the tank losses agro… no more heal bots, rather support that actively increases the team’s power at the right time… or it’s survivability at the crucial time… everything dinamic and fluent… like a real battle with reactive AI that counters player tactics and forces the players to respond in kind – “adapt and overcome”, the future of MMORPGs…

Boy… was i deluded…

Posted by: Galespark.7835

Galespark.7835

>ridiculing
>overgeneralising

I have seen some of those threads and I agree certain people on both sides showed such deplorable behaviour. But what do you hope to gain by launching a barely disguised attack on a part of the community (also those who respected your opinions) apart from having your point of view being taken less seriously, inviting even more unconstructive arguments and risks of forum bans? All you can hope is that Anet employees gathering feedback recognise which posts are meant in a constructive way and which are hate fueled, this thread does not change that.

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

My elementalist in berserker gear can do exactly that in the newbie fractals too.

Also, can you please record at a decent quality next time?

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I fail to see the OP as anything other than a blatant attack.

Both sides of the “to berserk or not berserk” debate have acted badly. Both sides call each other horrible names and snub the other. BOTH sides. I can hardly fault someone for calling someone “elitist scum” when the other person has just labelled them as “bad”, all based on the kind of gear a person likes to use – no other evidence AT ALL. This is ridiculous. Equally, I can’t blame people for being defensive at being called “elitist scum” for the exact same reason – gear choice.

The fact is, it’s a game. It’s a game designed for people to play how they want to play. And, guess what? It works. You can do the PvE in Cleric’s, you can do the PvE in Berzerker. Nobody should care. If you want to do a speed run, then do a speed run with other people who want to do a speed run. If you don’t, then don’t. Using one set of armor over another isn’t always indicative of skill – what if someone was simply experimenting. Or what if someone is filming a build video for other people? What if they simply LIKE playing that way? Or so what if they aren’t very experienced? Why should you hold inexperience against someone and treat them like they’re not worthy of respect? I run berserker gear on my Necro – doesn’t automatically indicate I’m more skilled than the next Necro without berserker gear (I’m probably not).

I’ve seen some very mature and interesting discussions on gear on these forums. They’re interesting and both sides raise good, valid points. But then I’ve seen threads like this, which is basically just someone whining and claiming they’re “calling out” the people who insult others, while doing exactly the same thing. And they ruin the forums, split the players and further exacerbate the issues at hand.

People need to learn to express their views calmly and listen to each other. If you just shout a one-sided argument at someone, they’ll end up doing the same back to you. If you listen, maybe you’ll both learn something.

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Funny, because the cure for Berserker is also the cure for this: make monsters more dangerous and smarter.

This.

The root of the problem is not in any given build or stat combo. They are fine.
The simple mob mechanics and the defense options make every fight too easy,
Everyone will always take the fastest route to get from point A to B. If the fight required it (to avoid imminent death), people would use vitality or toughness. But no fight does, so why bother?

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

There seems to be a discrepancy between what the OP is stating and what the video is showing. Yes, the OP (or whomever is in the video) is only pressing 1 and just standing there. OP is also receiving a ton of support however from the rest of the group. Watch the heals he’s getting and the buffs. You are not face-tanking the boss while everyone else DPS’s. You’re being carried, heavily, by strong support from the rest of the party.

OP only one in the fight using “1” only.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Lamir.6702

Lamir.6702

I fail to see your post as anything other than a blatant attack, and ignoring almost all points of discussion because you don’t like sarcasm.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

This only show that Berzerker stats are not the problem. The problem is everyone not willing to learn every boss mechanic so they can sacrifice their defense stats. This is video is only to show every who thing that “If I use PVT or Knight I still get 1/2 hko” which is obviously false.

PVT and Knight will ALWAY be more forgiving while Berzerker if you correctly will make everything faster but will be a lot less forgiving if you make.

You guys clearly miss the point where this game is an action MMO which mean once you get the fight mechanic and your character mechanic figured out, you can sacrifice your defense stats for more power.

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Emanuel I don’t know what you want out of this thread. You posted it in general discussion and then backlash anyone that has an opinion on it. What kind of response are you looking for, especially here? And on that note, where can you post your findings over the next few recordings where people will have feedback that matters and that you can handle?
If you post it in the dungeon forums the feedback doesn’t count for anything, for obvious reasons. Posting it here will only land you responses that you clearly don’t like and will create discussion that will certainly get the thread locked.

Are you trying to get ANet to look at it and say “Oh, you’re right, let’s nerf Cleric gear”

If anything all you’re doing is encouraging more people to do exactly what you and the dungeon community have been preaching against. You’ll be the guy that created face tank cleric meta ironically.

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

There seems to be a discrepancy between what the OP is stating and what the video is showing. Yes, the OP (or whomever is in the video) is only pressing 1 and just standing there. OP is also receiving a ton of support however from the rest of the group. Watch the heals he’s getting and the buffs. You are not face-tanking the boss while everyone else DPS’s. You’re being carried, heavily, by strong support from the rest of the party.

OP only one in the fight using “1” only.

Thay also aren’t really showing us any combat situations that would prove that Vitality, Toughness, and Heal Power are OP.
I don’t know about anyone else, but at lower levels the Oakheart and Archdiviner aren’t that big of threats to me. However, once you start doing level 40+ Fractal runs, you really see how crazy damage scaling can get in this game. Additionally, I would have liked to have seen how the seal destroying encounters, and final Archdiviner encounter went, since those can get very dangerous for people who don’t dodge, or at least for the players who don’t try to avoid getting hit.
Show me how this build would’ve faired against the final Grawl Shaman encounter in the Volcano Fractal at level 50. Show me what would would happen if you tried standing in his fire storms, and tried to tank one of his swoop attacks. If you can survive those attacks without any sweat, then I’ll believe that actual tanking is possible, and maybe even OP, in this game.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I fail to see your post as anything other than a blatant attack, and ignoring almost all points of discussion because you don’t like sarcasm.

Oh I get sarcasm.

But this post doesn’t prove anything or lend anything towards discussion. All it intended to do was to provoke reaction, not discussion. That is an attack. I am simply saying that abusing people doesn’t exactly promote anything healthy at all.

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

Oh noes the thread was moved

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

The thread was move to the void, where the light can;t reach it.

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

So what you’re saying is : if you can’t dodge, use cleric/pvt gear and you’ll be fine.
If you can dodge, equip zerker gear – your reward is more dps.

Looks like everything is fine.

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

NO! fadeaway! Don’t buy into their evil lies!

Being a better player is exploit! EXPLOIT!

Posted by: Bumbler.7581

Bumbler.7581

The thread was move to the void, where the light can;t reach it.

By moving it, they can focus on presenting Zerker gear as the problem since the masses want to keep their OP cleric’s gear by throwing Zerker under the elitist bus.

In Chancery (Jade Quarry, NA) – The Instance Mesmer
#readingLFGisOP #savethewarden
#wallsfixdungeons

Posted by: LittleLepton.8915

LittleLepton.8915

They just love their cleric dual pistol thieves. (wink wink to everyone in the know)

Lolllllllls

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Cleric too OP nerf pls.

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

So what you’re saying is : if you can’t dodge, use cleric/pvt gear and you’ll be fine.
If you can dodge, equip zerker gear – your reward is more dps.

Looks like everything is fine.

No, it isn’t fine. Evil zerker players should be on the same miserable damage level as the good PVT socialists, since it’s outrageous if someone finishes dungeons faster than them.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

“zergburger”

Literal LOL.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

You make a valid point OP.

People complain about Zerker-gear dominance.

But at least with Zerker gear you have to actively play the game and are punished for mistakes. All the other gear sets just increase your leeway.

Imo Zerker dominance is just a natural evolution with people getting more and more proficient with the game.

Dude read my brain and typed out my thoughts.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

Lol so many players who play crap mmos raging in here.

I do remember the combat designer saying gw2 is meant to be an action game.

So pick up an action game, and no not god of war and AC theyre for babies.
pfft…tanks and healers.. Lol

Funny vid. I admire OP’s perseverance of going through with this.

(edited by Bread.7516)

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Oh I get sarcasm.

But this post doesn’t prove anything or lend anything towards discussion. All it intended to do was to provoke reaction, not discussion. That is an attack. I am simply saying that abusing people doesn’t exactly promote anything healthy at all.

Eventually people will realize that abusing/trolling the people who don’t agree with you, doesn’t achieve anything other than make everyone angry.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Thorwyn.8469

Thorwyn.8469

Hey, cleric is what i`m looking for. Stand close to boss press 1 and…
I have time to make tea or coffee, spend more time with my girlfriend, buy bread, make sandwiches, even to go to work!
Today i will replace my berserk for cleric!
Thank You!

Man, I had to upvote this!

@Topic
We need more of this stuff to show Anet that it isnt the berserker gear what have to be changed. It’s the game itself!

Posted by: Contego.9284

Contego.9284

Cleric and Berserker gear seem fine to me. Although I chose to mix the two, I do decent damage while being able to survive most damage spikes and recuperate from them. I think of full cleric’s as training wheels for less skilled players or for those who want to go full support, while berserker’s is where you should be shooting for as it can be rewarding but leaves little room for error. Anybody else mix the two?

Posted by: Nosoyelarty.7268

Nosoyelarty.7268

^ Probably yes but it looks really bad. If you want defensive stats you should just use knights (pow/prec/THOUGH) and then slowly turn into full berserker. I dont know if it will be a better defensive/offensive gear than knights after this new patch but i doubt it.

Healing power is a really bad stat to stack and it scales pretty bad too, making it entirely worthless in PvE even if you are traited for healing stuff, which is already bad enough (mantras, shouts, wathever).

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

do this at lv 49

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

The only other game i played that had a soft trinity AND did it right was diablo 2.
They basically made all skills super overpowered if you was maxed out dps sorcerer you could use an attack that would kill baal in nightmare mode in 1 shot. But they also made mobs hit way harder and high vitality/armor was important. You pretty much wanted to stack enough strenght/dexterity to weild elite gear. then the rest you would put in vitality. It sounds crazy to have so strong skills but they did it just perfect. Defense was important otherwise you would get overrun too fast by all the mobs.