About people selling dungeon runs.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

late Friday night here. thought about doing a run to finish off the day. pulled up LfG, went to arah because it amuses me.

for over 30 min, I watched. 2 (count them 2) sellers sit on their adds. they did eventually get filled. one was for path 2 the other path 4,

38 other parties. (yes I counted) poped and filled and ran in that 30 some odd min.

the only reason you see sellers is because it takes a long time to fill. Arah is run regularly. and often. you don’t see posts for it because they don’t last long.

If you are concerned about player greed, and all that jazz. try not using the trading post. ever, you have to farm ALL of your own stuff. you think there is a gear grind now?

The dungeon sellers that are perfectly capable of running a path solo or duo and sell of the work and make a little coin on the side. more power to them. ohh hey, I have an excess of mithril ore. I will just post it on the trading post… you see where were going?

Play your game, Have some fun with it, and enjoy yourself. that’s why we are here is it not?

Thanks for running the test to see how many other parties went up. Good to have an actual number to quote on this!

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

be carefull on how you quote me, I may not be all that reliable.

however I will say that I personally have NO problem with dungeon sellers. I have even thought of using them a few times. just because I feel kinda lazy. but in the long run even if the arah armour and weapons are not unique any more, they are still cool to me. and I know I ran for all of them.

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Use fillers for whiteknights. It’s easy.

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

I had no problem with this happening until recently with some experiences in Arah. A few times I have joined a group and been kicked at the end. Then seen the party re-listed as selling the path. Its no big deal personally for me as I have just blocked the players and reported for scamming. What concerns me is that this will now happen to someone else because Anet won’t do anything about it and the players can use someone else to get to the end of the dungeon before kicking them.

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

an official answer would be good

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

an official answer would be good

This recent post in the Dungeon forum sums up ANet’s stance on selling dungeon paths perfectly.

“Thanks for pointing out that we seemed to have had a bit of miscommunication about offering “runs” as a service in the game. I can tell you that runs are not disallowed if they do not in some other way form a breach of the User Agreement or Rules of Conduct. We consider such an offer a form of a “gentleman’s agreement” where two parties agree to a specific service for an agreed sum in in-game currency (or in-game items, as the parties decide).

Naturally, if the run itself involves the use of an exploit, that service is strictly and fully disallowed. (And of course we want to hear about any exploiters.) Runs for real-world money or goods are, likewise, strictly prohibited. And if the service ends in a disputed situation — for instance, someone offers a run and then leaves the party, or offers to pay and then declines to do so — then we may take action against a scammer, if an agent is able to confirm what took place. But because the service is a gentleman’s agreement, we do not get in the middle of repayments, re-dos of the run, etc.

Thank you for asking about this. I’ve written and circulated an internal e-mail so that all team members are clear about our policy on this.

Regards,

Gaile Gray
Support Liaison
ArenaNet"

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Please-fix-people-selling-dungeon-slots/page/5#post1162080
Hi everyone,

Just posting to inform you all that selling dungeon runs its NOT against the rules. People are free to do so. Please, exercise extreme caution to avoid getting scammed.

Thanks for your understanding

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Selling-dungeons-is-allowed/first#post3005032
Hello,

it is allowed, if you have a dungeon (you take as an example Arah) alone or in pairs legally – ie, without skips, exploits, bugs or other illegal means – through play, then sell in-game Lfg tool against gold to player ?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

answer
[11/10/2013 08:57]

Hello […]

Thank you’ve turned to the European support team.

There should be no problem, as long as it does not violate the User Agreement, or if you play through the dungeon without exploits or similar.

Should any questions or problems arise, please contact us any time you are available.

Sincerely yours

GM Andi
Guild Wars 2 customer care
http://de.support.guildwars2.com

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Rightful-reporting

A guildwars tradition
http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/currupts-running-services-outpost-missions-t10527035.html

TL;DR: Fine unless you use exploits, kick players to sell spots, or scam, or anything else that breaks the user agreement.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

I’ll just leave this here.

I bet you photoshopped that.

Nova [rT]

Posted by: KazNaka.4718

KazNaka.4718

A lot of the US sell kicks come from one guy. He’s griefed dozens upon dozens of instances, and he’s still playing everyday. I find it unbelievable he hasn’t been banned yet.

cough heitred cough

Posted by: theronth.1635

theronth.1635

So much fun reading those angry posts about dung sellers. This community is so innocent compared to EVE Online.

swiftpaw.6397

A lot of the US sell kicks come from one guy. He’s griefed dozens upon dozens of instances, and he’s still playing everyday. I find it unbelievable he hasn’t been banned yet.

cough heitred cough

I just spent the last 30 mins making fake parties and messing with a certain cough someone. He would keep joining and breaking the party up, meanwhile I would get legit buyers and send them on to my seller friend. Once i got suppressed because he had broken my party so many times I just simply logged onto another one of my accounts and did it all over again. I get this feeling he’s about the punch a fist through his monitor. Naturally I let him know when we got a party full of legit buyers along with how much money we made

Posted by: klesk.1790

klesk.1790

When it doesn’t affect you?….If its not bothering anybody then why does anet fix exploits glitches or bugs in the first place….?Why take out the waypoint in path 2…Everything should be left as it is……

Why don’t we just put dungeon coins in the TP so you can buy dungeon coins in the TP…….Ill just say “don’t hurt ~you~ in any way. They provide a service, which you are free to ignore! Simple….”.You could clearly see tat this is abusing the game and it should be fixed

Posted by: Uberkafros.5431

Uberkafros.5431

Most sellers are not the awsome soloers that solo/duo a dungeon and then sell empty spots for Gs.They kick players out that help them and then sell their spots.A guildmate of mine had that happen to him on a fractals 40+ run.

And even in the case of “legit” selling some kind of mechanic eploit is used. Either for skipping or making the boss stack on low % while the buyer enlistment goes on.

Also if ANET is ok for promoting run selling that is just a lazy excuse for not FIXING the dungeons so they are less of a chore (especially Arah) and more of a fun thing to do without loosing the challenge element.

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

cough heitred cough

I just spent the last 30 mins making fake parties and messing with a certain cough someone. He would keep joining and breaking the party up, meanwhile I would get legit buyers and send them on to my seller friend. Once i got suppressed because he had broken my party so many times I just simply logged onto another one of my accounts and did it all over again. I get this feeling he’s about the punch a fist through his monitor. Naturally I let him know when we got a party full of legit buyers along with how much money we made

<3

I don’t think he even plays the game anymore, just logs on to kick. Everytime I see him online he is destroying instances. That’s a good way to counteract him. You probably put his party join on cooldown too.

(edited by laharl.8435)

laharl.8435

Most sellers are not the awsome soloers that solo/duo a dungeon and then sell empty spots for Gs.They kick players out that help them and then sell their spots.A guildmate of mine had that happen to him on a fractals 40+ run.

And even in the case of “legit” selling some kind of mechanic eploit is used. Either for skipping or making the boss stack on low % while the buyer enlistment goes on.

Also if ANET is ok for promoting run selling that is just a lazy excuse for not FIXING the dungeons so they are less of a chore (especially Arah) and more of a fun thing to do without loosing the challenge element.

Most sellers are definitely not kicking people. I will admit, one of the instances of mine the guy destroyed was a p4 in which I skipped to lupi (killing lupi and everything after). But he also destroyed a completely legit p2 duo. And he killed the instance of a friend who did a legit p1 solo, my friend had paid pugs 1g each to help with Shaggroth, so he was out money and time and didn’t exploit. Now I just try to use fillers, especially if the kicker is on.

Posted by: JohnLShannonhouse.1820

JohnLShannonhouse.1820

There’s a demand for the Arah tokens, so players are filling that demand. It keeps players who would rather not do Arah out of there, assuming they’re willing to pay for the convenience.

Rather not do Arah? I have trouble finding people who want to do Arah and are willing to teach new people. I have only found 2 groups in the past few weeks trying to do Arah that were not selling or demanding only experienced players (checking every time I have 3 hours).

swiftpaw.6397

There’s a demand for the Arah tokens, so players are filling that demand. It keeps players who would rather not do Arah out of there, assuming they’re willing to pay for the convenience.

Rather not do Arah? I have trouble finding people who want to do Arah and are willing to teach new people. I have only found 2 groups in the past few weeks trying to do Arah that were not selling or demanding only experienced players (checking every time I have 3 hours).

Make your own party.

laharl.8435

Make your own party.

This. Also, feel free to whisper me in game. I’ve been doing more newb runs again lately.

Posted by: Csele.1647

Csele.1647

the only thing Anet should adress and quick.. is this merge party bug..

And the only people abusing the LFG are the ones killing other people instances..
it is ridiculous that killing instances is even possible… this people should be reported and banned forever …

(edited by Csele.1647)

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

The only thing i want from them is to fix the Zhaitan fight and implement the stuff they didn’t use, because some of you may know that there was supposed to be a final fight with Zhaitan on the ground, but they didn’t maybe because it was too late. Oh and fixing arah exploits is very easy to do, there’s ton of these on youtube, yet they could still join a party teaching these exploits like random people to see themselves how to do it and so, how to fix it.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Has it crossed ANet’s mind to simply make LFG submit join requests instead of actually placing you in the party directly?

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Young Somalia.1706

Young Somalia.1706

Really, Heitred is kicking? That dude joined on of my actual runs a couple weeks ago and added me to his friend list because he liked what he saw. He even sent me a Merry Christmas PM and some miscellaneous foods…

Then yesterday he joined a P2 I was selling and asked who to pay. I thought it peculiar, because he was plenty fine at Arah, and he said “brb switching” but never came back. I PMed him and he didn’t reply, either.

Although at the time, I had my alt and two prospective customers so perhaps he didn’t have the leverage necessary to break the instance? (Although as I recall, one person dropped alongside him; they may have been associates.)

I suppose this brings up the old question: does ignoring someone prevent them from reading your LEGs, or if not, at least from joining your party through LFG? I’ll have to be more vigilant if not.

Guard: Driveby Brofist; Warrior: Giganticus Elitist
[LOD]

swiftpaw.6397

Really, Heitred is kicking? That dude joined on of my actual runs a couple weeks ago and added me to his friend list because he liked what he saw. He even sent me a Merry Christmas PM and some miscellaneous foods…

Then yesterday he joined a P2 I was selling and asked who to pay. I thought it peculiar, because he was plenty fine at Arah, and he said “brb switching” but never came back. I PMed him and he didn’t reply, either.

Although at the time, I had my alt and two prospective customers so perhaps he didn’t have the leverage necessary to break the instance? (Although as I recall, one person dropped alongside him; they may have been associates.)

I suppose this brings up the old question: does ignoring someone prevent them from reading your LEGs, or if not, at least from joining your party through LFG? I’ll have to be more vigilant if not.

He has tried to kick everytime we have seen him online, it’s literally all he does.

He was in LA the other day complaining about how he had no one to spend Christmas with, the guy’s got potato problems.

And nah, even if you block them they can still join you and kill your instance.

Posted by: Myst.9182

Myst.9182

I think, the only problem is that the community is fine with paying people (in-game currency) to essentially play the game for you. Please consider:

1. Are you really a Dungeon Master just cos you have the title? If a run is very hard for you to do, then maybe you need to re-think the way you play? Maybe you need more practice? Maybe you should gather up some guildies and start polishing up on your teamwork.

2. If you are paying for runs then you are missing out some elements of the game and the fun that is attached when you master them!

3. “A gentleman’s agreement.” There are just too many ways for you to get screwed over. Unless you are prepared to record your dungeon runs, I can’t see much chance of Anet finding enough evidence to prove that you have been wronged if the deal goes bad.

Gain is pain! Don’t take the cheap way out! (Because it costs you more in the long run!)

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

profitate

[DnT]

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

We seem to forget one side of the story, “the buyer”. This is not only about “greedy” seller. Most people buying Arah path are not desperate people who can’t find a party, they are people with gold who don’t want to bother with the dungeon itself. Most of my buyer are glad to get their tokens. And why would I bother getting pug’s when I can more easily duo the Path 2 than carrying 3 peoples who don’t know the path.

If they make path selling illegal, I’ll move to something else to make gold, but the buyer are the one loosing something.