Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Stephapanda.5804

Stephapanda.5804

Hello,

After doing many, many runs of CoF p1 with PUG groups, I believe the damage the BRIDGE does should be reduced. Never have I seen so many people wipe to a bridge. It’s not even just the flame turrets – the entire bridge itself does way too much damage and is OP. Plus it’s very hard to dodge through and movement skills to skip through are a no-go.

I’ve never seen so much fire in my life. Is this what hell is like because wow.

Nerf the bridge please. It’s way too OP for a structure.

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: Sleepybyz.5432

Sleepybyz.5432

I myself have done CoF P1 Many times and have noticed even the ele’s invisible skill combined with dodges cant get through the bridge. Every mob on that bridge one shots you. This part of the CoF also is where I have seen members of the squads leave after attempt after attempt of failing it doesn’t matter if your Pro Novice or First time gamer this Bridge is way to hard to complete.

Now I’m not saying make it so easy everyone can do it I am just saying to nerf the damage enough to where its hard not impossible for everyone to cross would be nice.

Thanks for bringing up this topic

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: White Kingdom.6380

White Kingdom.6380

I totally agree. That bridge is just tooooo OP. I am a dungeon master for sure(I have the title to prove it) but our entire party will always wipe because of the damage that the bridge does. It needs to be reduced ASAP. Please and thank you!

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: dboylolz.3916

dboylolz.3916

I’m so confused.

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: White Kingdom.6380

White Kingdom.6380

I’m so confused.

There’s no need to be confused. The bridge does too much damage because there is no reason why our groups should continually wipe on the bridge. Everyone is able to dodge through the red circles. But the passive damage that the bridge does is just too much, even if I run full PVT armor it will get me every time. We need to reduce the damage that the bridge does.

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

Thankfully, our dear Anet was kind enough to let us solve it – if you are afraid of damage, just bring in full nomad’s gear and traits 0/0/6/6/2, CUZ DAT’S DA NEW META! ^^

To be honest, tough, I’ve never run into any trouble at the bridge, even with “casuals”.

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Thankfully, our dear Anet was kind enough to let us solve it – if you are afraid of damage, just bring in full nomad’s gear and traits 0/0/6/6/2, CUZ DAT’S DA NEW META! ^^

To be honest, tough, I’ve never run into any trouble at the bridge, even with “casuals”.

Dude, it’s called trolling ^^

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Stephapanda.5804

Sadly, this is no troll. I just went through another failed PUG run in CoF because 3/5 wiped due to the bridge before the flame acolytes. As a mesmer I was able to blink past but my comrades fell, and it is very frustrating to watch them get their kitten busted because of how much damage the bridge does. There is no way you can look at the bridge’s damage and claim it is not OP.

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

wat, i dont even? which path has this misterious bridge of doom and gloom that challenge even the most tankiest of the PHIW builds?

Attachments:

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

I agree. The bridge is too OP, i died so many times… the grief is real

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: Fenar.4025

Fenar.4025

That bridge is an absolute death trap! What was Anet thinking when they designed that thing? I sometimes have nightmares about running over it over and over again with the sounds of dying pugs ringing in my ears. “Where’s my dodge button again?” “Why am I on fire?” “Oh, so I have a heal skill? I thought the monk was supposed to heal me.” It’s… horrifying.

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: Zohane.7208

Zohane.7208

Now I’m confused. I’m a regular pug, I usually run my thief in CoF, who wears whatever exo armor I happened to find, and it took me a while to even recall that there’s a bridge there. I assume it’s after slave driver, the bridge everyone just runs past? I’ve never even dodged there – I just run past it.

Gunnar’s Hold
Guild Leader for Tyria Liberation Council [TLC]

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: LadyTrouble.6920

LadyTrouble.6920

In case this isn’t a troll post…
I haven’t done cof 1 in a few days but it’s really rare someone to die on that skip. I used to pug cof 1/2 daily and I can count on 1 hand how many ppl died on that run. Maybe it’s bc I main a guardian with a lot of “oh sh:t” buttons but that skip is super easy: just run thru and dodge the turrets.

Not sure if it’s the quality of pugs, but I did have a wipe at the acolyte part recently.

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

There is something horribly wrong about this whole thread. Now I feel I cannot tell anymore if we are speaking serious or just joking around. My first question: Is atleast A SINGLE POST in this thread serious? If yes, are we all talking about the same thing? CoF (aka Citadel of Flame), Path 1, the bridge part after you kill the Slave Driver and before the room where you kill Acolytes?
Are we talking about doing the actual bridge event or just skipping it? To be honest, I have never done the event, not a single PUG does it as far as I know. If we are speaking about the skip (JUST WALKING OVER THE BRIDGE), there must be something I am missing. There is simply no way how to fail to cross the bridge, no matter the conditions.
Unless there was something completely wrong going on, like the rest of your party was 10+ levels below the dungeon requirement (it is not possible to use LFG then, but you can still open the dungeon if you already have the party) or they were completely naked and tried to AFK at the bridge, I see no way to die there.
Until you provide me with some evidence, I refuse to accept it is possible to fail there.

I have seen people fail to skip AC P1 (before last boss). Arah skip fails are also pretty common. But this, I have never seen a single death there. And I’ve run with pretty terrible pugs. But come on – you can just facetank all the hits with fully offensive armor and autowalk over the bridge. No matter the skill level, fail should be not possible there unless you purposely aim for it.

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Stephapanda.5804

There is something horribly wrong about this whole thread. Now I feel I cannot tell anymore if we are speaking serious or just joking around. My first question: Is atleast A SINGLE POST in this thread serious? If yes, are we all talking about the same thing? CoF (aka Citadel of Flame), Path 1, the bridge part after you kill the Slave Driver and before the room where you kill Acolytes?
Are we talking about doing the actual bridge event or just skipping it? To be honest, I have never done the event, not a single PUG does it as far as I know. If we are speaking about the skip (JUST WALKING OVER THE BRIDGE), there must be something I am missing. There is simply no way how to fail to cross the bridge, no matter the conditions.
Unless there was something completely wrong going on, like the rest of your party was 10+ levels below the dungeon requirement (it is not possible to use LFG then, but you can still open the dungeon if you already have the party) or they were completely naked and tried to AFK at the bridge, I see no way to die there.
Until you provide me with some evidence, I refuse to accept it is possible to fail there.

I have seen people fail to skip AC P1 (before last boss). Arah skip fails are also pretty common. But this, I have never seen a single death there. And I’ve run with pretty terrible pugs. But come on – you can just facetank all the hits with fully offensive armor and autowalk over the bridge. No matter the skill level, fail should be not possible there unless you purposely aim for it.

Believe me, I was just as confused as you are when this started happening. I didn’t think to screenshot it last night because this seems to have become the norm for CoF p1. If I decide to run with PUGs again I will fraps it or something because this is an actual thing that is happening and probably will continue to happen. And yes, I am talking about the bridge right after slave driver. It’s just too OP. Even if you’re wearing full sentinel or soldier’s armor you will probably get rolled by the bridge’s damage. It’s pretty insane and I’ve had several groups wipe at it. Our PUG last night disbanded due to the majority (3/5) wiping at the bridge – this did actually happen and no, I am not trolling or joking about this.

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: Carter.1034

Carter.1034

I use my always 6/6/2/0/0 ele for CoF p1, and as long as I have +25% movement signet and dodge at the right time, I rarely die at all. I probably wouldn’t die at all if I used my staff for swiftness, but I don’t want to be stuck in the acolyte room unable to switch back to d/f.

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I accidentally the bridge.

inb4 no one gets it.

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: Zohane.7208

Zohane.7208

Nope, still confused.
Just to check I joined a pug, and it’s the same as always for me – just run across, through the fire fields and on to acolytes. No damage of any kind, massive or otherwise.

Gunnar’s Hold
Guild Leader for Tyria Liberation Council [TLC]

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: LadyTrouble.6920

LadyTrouble.6920

Now I want to run home and check to see if it’s changed in the last week.

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: Naekuh.7925

Naekuh.7925

ROFL… im laughing so hard at this post as i am also lost.

I too can count with less then 1 hand the amount of people who died at that bridge.
Infact the only times ive seen people die at that bridge is when they do something stupid like fall off it from not paying attention.

Can we verify what you guys are really talking about?
Because that bridge is not that difficult.
Infact, Sorrows Embrace’s bridge skip in path 3 is a lot more difficult then CoF P1 bridge skip.

So can someone clear up what you guys are talking about?

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

They’re… just… joking… guys…

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

They’re… just… joking… guys…

Ssshhh, don’t ruin it.

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

Since these insecure “joke” threads are ten-a-penny, the correct way to troll these forums is to respond to them with serious advice.

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: Fenar.4025

Fenar.4025

Since these insecure “joke” threads are ten-a-penny, the correct way to troll these forums is to respond to them with serious advice.

Have you ever died to the BoD (Bridge of Doom) in CoF p1? There are actually many people who die while trying to run over this bridge. Maybe it’s just new players or something. Very strange phenomena.

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: garganor.9824

garganor.9824

I insist on a thief (or 2) and a mesmer for this part of CoF now.

This way, the thief and mesmer can run across, with invis and blink, and then i can be ported safely from one side to the other with only loss of life 1 in 3 runs now.

If you don’t bring a thief and mesmer to your runs, expect to have a hard time.

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Thank you so much for bringing this up — this bridge has caused my groups more trouble than it should. I mean, it’s a bridge…why does it do SO MUCH BURNING?

While we’re on the topic of OP structures, the nearly constant knockdown from the BURROW structures in AC is annoying. I get that the surface is uneven and that a PC can easily lose its footing and fall, but the RNG seems out of whack. I’m hate being forced to run Dolyak/Balanced/Endure Pain for stability and stunbreaks every time I see one of those kitten burrows.

plsnerfanetkthx

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: Darthaemos.6370

Darthaemos.6370

Birgitte / Graendhal / Aveandha
Death and Taxes [DnT] | http://www.dtguilds.com/

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

undodgeable, unblockable and unbelievable… that bridge needs to be nerfed

We did realized that the protip to get through that bridge is waiting for the NPC. 5 players can’t do it without pro tactics and consumables but 5 players + Ferrah its a totally different game guys,

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Well my trick has always been to go planet of the apes and just swing underneath it.

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: Laulajatar.4253

Laulajatar.4253

That bridge is evil.

You know what’s worse? The inner courtyard in CM. Just had my entire party wipe there at the fountain… while I was soloing the cellar part.

Please nerf the courtyard.

This is no signature.
Cloud of Sparrows [CoS]

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Stephapanda.5804

So, do we need to make separate topics about the AC burrows and CM thing? Because I as well have personally experienced those issues, too. It’s ridiculous how much damage these things can dish out with little to no forgiveness for any wrong move the player makes. Honestly, I defeated Liadri and this is almost as bad as her at times with the entire one-shot mechanic and all.

Thanks for the tips. I play a mesmer in dungeons and didn’t even think to use portal, I will try that next time I do CoF. The trick seems to be actually getting PUGs to wait for the portal, since I usually blink past at the boulder part too and can’t even count the amount of times that they have just run on ahead anyway even after I portal entre and used it. Seeing your fellow party members get crushed again and again by flaming boulders in a way that was completely preventable is very disheartening somehow. I’d even go as far as to say borderline depressing.

As for waiting for the NPCs, I also have not tried that before but will do so in the future. Does anyone know if Ferrah is immune to the bridge’s damage? I have not checked before but now I am thinking about logging in and getting a group just to check.

I’m glad I’m not the only one here who has experienced the frustration that is the CoF path 1 bridge. If one of these methods works I will most definitely get a video cap of it and upload it to youtube for the future, since I’m sure many other people will have the same frustration with it as we have.

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: Grimezy.5679

Grimezy.5679

I run a full zerk ele and have never once downed on that bridge… I think the last time I saw someone die there was about 6 months ago as well and I’m fairly sure it’s because they ran off the end by accident :s

Try stacking swiftness before you run…? I can’t even tell if this thread is serious or not…

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

I hate having to solo the flame acolyte part because the pugs died on the bridge.

lern2play

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

Not just the bridge, one fears cof for the OP acolyte event.

Attachments:

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: Grimezy.5679

Grimezy.5679

Wow I had no idea the current state of pugs was so bad. Looks like people haven’t been told they don’t need to kill everything?

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

I’m seriously concerned about the amount of serious answers. Srsly serious

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: Galespark.7835

Galespark.7835

Hasn’t it been almost a year since Tequatl revamp? This pretty much confirms my suspicions, next LS update will be Boss week: The bridge.

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

Don’t we have those already in form of the vine bridges in Dry Top?

Try running down one of those with a speed buff on. In at least one of the directions (I think it was the eastern bridge running south to north) you will see the true “speedrun-killer”-mechanic.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

i think the bridge of doom is a pretty cool structure, eh kills random pugs and doesnt afraid of anything

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: Galespark.7835

Galespark.7835

Don’t we have those already in form of the vine bridges in Dry Top?

Try running down one of those with a speed buff on. In at least one of the directions (I think it was the eastern bridge running south to north) you will see the true “speedrun-killer”-mechanic.

You are right, one of those killed me once. With these recent bridge-incidents the pattern that eluded even Scarlet is becoming clear, the Elder Bridge must be awakening!

Bridge in CoF p1 is OP

Posted by: Lodius.5392

Lodius.5392

Don’t get me started on the COFp1 bridge… I don’t even remember the last time I attempted that stupid path.