Cairn heart achieve is a pain !

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: latinkuro.7304

latinkuro.7304

And here is why.

1 – No boss reset functionality: 10 people need it but only a handful get it on one run.
The rest is screwed, no way to rekill the boss, you need to find someone else that hasn’t killed it yet.
2 – Glitchy, green circles, it happened to many times it was frustrating.
everything is going fine and all of a sudden the boss decides to do his massive AOE without spawning the green circles 1st. Funny enough he spawns them after exploding and taking the heart from everyone.

Which brings us to the last annoying bit.
You cannot reapply the heart !

Some will say “get good” I’m sorry but I already got my stupid heart !
This is about removing annoyance not about your kittens !

LOVE: Raids & Fractals.
HATE: Jumping puzzles.
DESPISE: TIME GATES, RNG & THE TRINITY !

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I have a different problem. I can’t get the Mursaat overseer’s achievement because my teammate always forgot to do protection and refuses to let me do it.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I’ve found its easiest to get if you designate yourself the kiter.

Then its just about personal responsibility. Sure doesnt change the fight for the rest of the group, but it’s convenient to know.

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

The greens not spawning bug is absolutely infuriating to deal with, but it seems Anet can’t fix wing 4 bugs that have been there since release.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

IWhen i was hunting the heart i literally killed cairn about 10 times in a week. Finally ive figured what to do.
1)I played a minstrel chrono so i never get downed no matter what. U can play something tanky generally.
2)Play selfishly so u don’t miss greens. Everytime i lost the heart was because i was rezzing some1. I still feel bad about ignoring downed but it was one run out of the countless.

Tbh most people dont get the heart not because of missing mechanics but because they forget to activate it xD.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

i thought the requirement on each boss for the heart was not to die and also do deal abit of dps so you will register like you did something

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

ahhh the screw over your team heart, that one is truly cancer

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

all I can say is.. don’t give up!
Two weeks of constant trying and I finally got it.
Some tips:
Be one of the close dps guys, chances are low you’ll ever get agony.
Right after his swipe attack he spawn greens, so dont use the dash skill to dodge the swipe.
Stay close to the group for heals.
wait for the markers of the green fields to appear, and look for a 1 or a field that already has sufficient people. If you have the dash skill you should have plenty of time to find one.

and as Zoomborg said, this achievement requires some selfishness. Find a balance between securing the green fields, and rezzing others. If you don’t rezz at all, you will risk not killing the boss and then it won’t matter how many greens you hit.

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

My personal experience was that the best way to get this is to be a dps. Stack extremely tightly, like right inside the hit box of the boss. Just stare at your feet, don’t get ported. Power thief or engi just auto attacking is a great way to go for this. Your goal is to make sure you don’t get agony, so that you don’t get downed during green circles.

Nothing you can do about the bug though

Posted by: Zaraki.5784

Zaraki.5784

You’re late mate, this problem came out already right at the release of w4, many people complained, anet did nothing, so…sorry but doing again now is useless.

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

I have a different problem. I can’t get the Mursaat overseer’s achievement because my teammate always forgot to do protection and refuses to let me do it.

I feel you, same problem here

Parabrezza

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

The heart at samarog is the worst design wise as it forces you to fail a mechanic.

It helps beeing a healer for the Jade Heart, you can heal yourself with agony and you prevent downstates. Less time spend rezzing, more time to get into the green circles.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

Amaimon.7823

I feel you, same problem here

looks like you’re off to a new brand, then

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

1) Sometimes special key go on cooldown without moving.
2) Boss teleports to you and push from the platform.
3) No chance for redoing if boss is killed already. Good Luck find another group.
This heart must be changed!

English is not my native language, sorry :<

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

3) No chance for redoing if boss is killed already. Good Luck find another group.

1) Never experienced this. Seems like very rare bug.
2) That’s a boss mechanic where he charges across the plattform. An arrow indicates the direction.
3) There are plenty of groups.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

Amaimon.7823

1) Never experienced this. Seems like very rare bug.
2) That’s a boss mechanic where he charges across the plattform. An arrow indicates the direction.
3) There are plenty of groups.

Addendun:
1) not reproducable, must be a one in a million thing
2) I always wait with the boss being back in the center because
A) you won’t be knocked around, and
B) the green field at his foot is the safest place to be
3) plenty of new groups, I did 10+ cairns a week for the past month, I can assure you, there are plenty of Cairn runs. You can also join general W4 runs as they start with Cairn.

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

1) I dont know it is lag or what, but happened to me 1-2 times.
2) Can’t evade this “mechanic” even if they put 100 arrows i cant react. He pushed me from mid one time to edges and while im stunned pushed me again from the platform. Another time he pushed me even from green circle.
3) It will be not for long time. Just like now it is hard to find “last cannon” or “seimur was wrong”.

English is not my native language, sorry :<

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

i thought the requirement on each boss for the heart was not to die and also do deal abit of dps so you will register like you did something

That’s only for Deimos.

Cairn you can’t miss any green circles (or stand in one that doesn’t have enough people)

Mursaat OVerseer you have to survive the encounter and have someone use protect

Samarog you have to stand near Rigom when he dies (don’t have to survive entire encounters, just until the first split)

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

That achievement can be quite tiresome to get when everyone is just looking out for their own. Ideally, you would try in a group with that specific achievement in mind and which does multiple runs till everyone managed to get it. Using an alt account for opening new instances (and then leaving the squad again, switching to main) might help with that. Furthermore, marking the people who need the achievement so the other players can share the same circle with them and/or rez them quickly/easily helps as well.

Now with legendary armor being released, there might be more demand for it.

As far as role/class goes, druid, necro or condi-warrior seems a good option due to large health-pool and mobility if you spec for it.

Posted by: Phibes.4128

Phibes.4128

I got it finally by using a chrono with as much distortion as I could put on it — sword main for blurred frenzy (just blur the big circular swipe), shield for blocks, etc. Try and get a decent dps group since the longer you have to fight, the greater the chance for a mishap.

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

2) the pattern he “jumps” to is not random. look it up, i remember someone posting the exact patterns (they change based on boss hp, there are 3 total i think). if you stay in the wrong spot it’s not the boss fault.

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

Also the boss looks at the direction its gonna teleport so u can watch and dodge accordingly

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Haven’t had this happen to me.

Don’t stand in the green circles to early. I’ve learned this the hard way too.

Dodge his circle swipe.

Yes, this is quite anoying. Then again it’s the same for all the other achieves of the heart.

I’ll be honest, the Cairn achieve was the one I dreaded the most simply because the fight doesn’t always go as smooth as one might wish. Best advice I can give here is:

- pick a class and build that provides some more protection than usual (minstrel mesmer, druid, etc)

- pick a class with simple rotation (I went with hammer guardian for the braindead rotation to focus exclusively on not getting hit. even managed to get someone downed up at the very end of the fight.)

- be selfish the one time you are doing the achieve. If the boss is at 15% and you got 8 people alive and 2 downed, well sacrifices must be made, you can always ressurect after the boss is dead.

Posted by: Gambino.2109

Gambino.2109

Definitely have to do something about his greens not appearing.. I ran with 8 people that needed that achievement.. and he messed everyone over twice because of that.

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Definitely have to do something about his greens not appearing.. I ran with 8 people that needed that achievement.. and he messed everyone over twice because of that.

Iirc that bug can be avoided with enough DPS. He does that buggy attack if he stays in one health region ( maybe 50-25? Don’t remember) too long. DPS him hard enough and you won’t get that bug. Obviously that’s not a reasonable solution, but it’s good to know the workaround.

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

I done this at 400 to 600 ping. :P I haven’t complain ok! A lot of rage and keyboard smashing but I haven’t scream in forum yet.. :p

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

Im i the Cairns club too, i have all the items from the collection minus Jade Hearts. I can only play raids 1 day at week so is a pain. I Will try it again this saturday.

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

The one shot mechanic is always a pain. I don’t know if A-net does enough play test on this collection.
Should have been going on Green circle X times during the raid instead.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

The one shot mechanic is always a pain. I don’t know if A-net does enough play test on this collection.

I think it more likely they intended the difficulty, as with some of the more painful jumping puzzles, than it was a failure of testing.

Posted by: Sable.7421

Sable.7421

Green circles not appearing isn’t a bug, it happens due to poor group DPS.

The SA Key channeling yet moving u nowhere and going on CD is fairly common. In my experiences seems to be associated with lag.

Getting to green circles is not difficult. He does 3 attacks that spawn them.
1) He spawns circles of 3 different sizes requiring a specific number of players to be in them at the completion of the attack. The number of required players can be seen from the physical size of the circle and the number of green dots showing above it. (1 , 2 or 4 players required). This attack has a long lead up time and unless you are down there is no reason you shouldn’t be able to get to one using the special action key. By default try to go to the smallest size of circle possible.
2) He swings his sword around the platform. Immediately after he will summon large green circles. Go to any of them. This is the most dangerous due to the short amount of time to actually get to a circle, but is always telegraphed by the sword spin, so you know it’s coming. Generally this will only cause an issue for you if you are hit by the sword and downed (learn to evade the sword) or if you lag out (not much you can do there).
3) He will teleport across the platform dropping green circles as he goes. Before 100-50% HP he will drop a circle in the middle. Easy to get to, wait until after he’s done most of the circles before going to one of the outside ones if that’s where you are going (players with agony should be doing this). 50-0% HP he will no longer drop a circle in the middle. Don’t get in the way of his charges and don’t go into a green until he has dropped most of the circles.

Above all MAKE SURE you are using your special action key to get to a green, or a similar fast movement skill (Example: Mesmer – Blink, Druid – Ancestral Grace).

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

I think Sable gave all good tips on this.

Posted by: Ogwom.7940

Ogwom.7940

I always missed the circle at about 10% or less.
Before I quit my internet at home, I used to repeat Carin multiple times, and only like 1 person from my group got it.

I only needed to complete the Carin heart achievement to finish my legendary armour.

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

I hate this heart achievement, only thing left to legendary armor.

Today i was screwed in one last “greens” i used the special skill to go a green and stay stucked in the same place without can move and with the special skill animation running.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

• Play a class with a teleport skill (Mesmer/Ele/Thief)
  • Never wait until the last second to get to a circle
  • It helps to have excess healing on your team when attempting this, so try it with 3 healers
  • Always play selfishly and go to the circle that requires only 1 person
  • Watch his arrow when he teleports around so you don’t get knocked off of a green circle
[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

finally got mine last friday after few tries. soooo happy. yup.. you gotta to be a little selfish to get it.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK