Carried Players

Carried Players

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

I’m getting a little bored of reading the same kitten.
QQ meta players just stack and dps 2 win
QQ no strategy just pure dps
QQ you not l33t you just dps.

If you think a full zerker team can be semi-afk in a dungeon and autowin, then you got carried. You were basically told to just bring dps because they didn’t consider you good enough to be trusted with anything important.

The trinity of
CC
DPS
Support
is very heavily used, and relied upon in small group content.

“ohh boss is dead before he could attack us, no fun QQ”
Did you know someone probably frost bow #5’d or a warrior used mace #5 so the boss didn’t hit you?
Did you know a thief just blinded the mob, or a guardian used zealots defense, timed perfectly?

“it doesn’t matter how long it takes, I still get my loot”
Yes, but you could take 10 minutes, instead of 20, and do something else taking 10 minutes too! ohh, you got twice as much loot? awesome!

“I’m still alive and your not!!”
yeah, but in 10s I did more damage than you did in 2 minutes. If you had the same dps, I wouldn’t be running out of “oh-kitten” buttons.

Very inclined to tell the next person who gives me some excuse along these lines to go get punted like phlunt. – Then again they may not be good enough to do LS and have no idea how fun it is to hate phlunt.

/rant

“pug” is often used as an insulting term. Could we rename them “phlunt”?

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Carried Players

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I call them fashion disasters.
And well, this “rant” of yours is performed by at least one of our team on ts… more or less every day. It’s usually myself.
In the end, we’re all a big, angry family of anti-fun, 1 spammer elitists.

Carried Players

Artemis Thuras.8795

lol. Thankfully I only run with guildies 90% of the time.
Most of them are either good, or willing to get better, usually both. Its quite nice. Playing drunk often helps when dealing with the phlunts minds you.

Carried Players

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

Wow, an “elitist“ raging about pugs. Crazy days we live in.
No, to be serious I agree with you to 100%! I play with guildmates only so I can always rely on them.
PuGs will always be PuGs, casuals will always rage. Thats it..

toxic since 2012

Carried Players

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

QQ about QQ – QQception.

While your post does have a point, let’s be honest, this game got quite a few bosses, where your whole party safely can stay on AA and go afk, if you pull such a boss to a sweet spot and stack.
It’s not optimal, but the fact that it’s sometimes possible is kinda sad.

But instead of ranting about players, thinking ALL dungeons bosses are like that and claim, that you’re so much better than those (which is kind of an elitist statement), how about you teach them the optimal ways? Give them tips on how to be more benefical to your party, try to make them use combofields, party condi clears, party boons and tell them, that they should use CC attacks, when they see a boss channeling an attack, teach them how to aggro a boss, withouth triggering his PUG wipes.

And just pray to whatever god you believe in, that the necro in your party actually listens and stops with the fear, if you say to him/her to stop doing fear.

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

(edited by wauwi.9162)

Carried Players

Artemis Thuras.8795

QQ about QQ – QQception.
But instead of ranting about players, thinking ALL dungeons bosses are like that and claim, that you’re so much better than those (which is kind of an elitist statement)

So.. where did I say I was better?
oh wait.. I did say they weren’t aware of what their team was doing. Which amounts to that. I concede, I am elitist for not wanting to run instances with braindead zombies. :-)

how about you teach them the optimal ways? Give them tips on how to be more benefical to your party, try to make them use combofields, party condi clears, party boons and tell them, that they should use CC attacks, when they see a boss channeling an attack, teach them how to aggro a boss, withouth triggering his PUG wipes.

And just pray to whatever god you believe in, that the necro in your party actually listens and stops with the fear, if you say to him/her to stop doing fear.

See my post about guildies who are good/willing to get better?
Phlunts usually are not (willing to get better that is).
Cannot teach those who do not wish to learn.

Carried Players

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

People that say that dungeons is just about stacking and pressing 1111 are too used to get carried by good groups. I was watching this video from woodenpotatoes where he was using his tank warrior in a SE p3 run, and i was cringing seeing how his group was helpless against that first boss that keeps stacking bleeds on the group, even his tank warrior was getting destroyed, and that boss can be killed very easily in a more coordinated group. So people saying that a non-meta build only adds like 2secs more to a speedrun pug dont really know what they are talking about.

This is the video

Carried Players

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

People that say that dungeons is just about stacking and pressing 1111 are too used to get carried by good groups.

I think a lot of people know exactly what it is that stacking does but use that phrase against typically speed runners as they’re also the ones to use various phrases against pugs. I sometimes accidentally use it knowing that it’s not entirely accurate.

Most know the benefits of stacking for quick revivals from downed, sharing buffs, cleaving to get the most from your attacks, using LoS to get all mobs to one location, and so on. They’re also aware that stackers use their abilities (whether CC, blinds, blocks, etc) to protect the group long enough to DPS whatever they’re fighting down.

Carried Players

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

Whats annoying is people either dont know what " active defence " is or what its about. And in top of that, alot of people think its only for coordinated groups.

Carried Players

wauwi.9162

QQ about QQ – QQception.
But instead of ranting about players, thinking ALL dungeons bosses are like that and claim, that you’re so much better than those (which is kind of an elitist statement)

So.. where did I say I was better?
oh wait.. I did say they weren’t aware of what their team was doing. Which amounts to that. I concede, I am elitist for not wanting to run instances with braindead zombies. :-)

Since your OP was basically nothing but a rant and QQ, it pretty much sounded to me like “me good, you bad”.

But fear not, i’m on your side now…had the pug of my life a few minutes ago.
AC P2, Guard joins – 30 seconds in, says group sucks, until then we had done nothing so far, says don’t stack at the graveling trap part, because group sucks, headbutt aggro’d the last boss, after saying the famous last words “let me pull”, we wiped.
Trap respawned, i’ve said, please don’t pull, if you don’t wanna use wall of reflection, let me do it.
Everyone stacks, i send my pet to lure, guard runs out of stack, headbutts the boss, long before my pet could reach it.

Urgh. Imma hop on the pug QQ bandwagon now, hope you got donuts on board…i’m hungry for them right now.

But then again, it’s the nature of PUGs.
I don’t know a single online game, no matter the genre, where PUGing isn’t a complete lottery.

But surprisingly, most of the time, i have PUGs with actual brains. I even learn new stuff sometimes, from hardcore dungeoneers.

(edited by wauwi.9162)

Carried Players

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

Casmurro, that video… Wow… I just don’t know what to say.

Carried Players

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

People that say that dungeons is just about stacking and pressing 1111 are too used to get carried by good groups.

I think a lot of people know exactly what it is that stacking does but use that phrase against typically speed runners as they’re also the ones to use various phrases against pugs. I sometimes accidentally use it knowing that it’s not entirely accurate.

Most know the benefits of stacking for quick revivals from downed, sharing buffs, cleaving to get the most from your attacks, using LoS to get all mobs to one location, and so on. They’re also aware that stackers use their abilities (whether CC, blinds, blocks, etc) to protect the group long enough to DPS whatever they’re fighting down.

I don’t actually think they do.

They see people sitting in a corner and lots of flashes going off, a boss’ HP dropping and everyone topped up on HP and think there’s some magic that happens when you sit in corners.

Why else would it constantly be referred to as an exploit?

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Carried Players

Artemis Thuras.8795

People that say that dungeons is just about stacking and pressing 1111 are too used to get carried by good groups. I was watching this video from woodenpotatoes where he was using his tank warrior in a SE p3 run, and i was cringing seeing how his group was helpless against that first boss that keeps stacking bleeds on the group, even his tank warrior was getting destroyed, and that boss can be killed very easily in a more coordinated group. So people saying that a non-meta build only adds like 2secs more to a speedrun pug dont really know what they are talking about.

This is the video

Just gonna point point, the DnT dungeon tourny a couple of weeks ago, semi final was arah p4.
pug times are anything from 2-4 hours.
Speed run: 20 minutes.
2s off a fight my hairy behind.

:-)

Carried Players

Artemis Thuras.8795

Urgh. Imma hop on the pug QQ bandwagon now, hope you got donuts on board…i’m hungry for them right now.

But then again, it’s the nature of PUGs.
I don’t know a single online game, no matter the genre, where PUGing isn’t a complete lottery.

But surprisingly, most of the time, i have PUGs with actual brains. I even learn new stuff sometimes, from hardcore dungeoneers.

LOL. I have cookies?

Yeah, its highly frustrating sometimes. phlunts just don’t understand working as a team.
Think I saw active defenses mentioned earlier too.

Agreed. the phrase “pug” is quite problematic. This is why I wish to use “phlunt” to describe the braindead zombies.

I see much QQ about there being a “meta” and best traits/gear/weapons etc. And yet having options inherently means something is gonna be “best in slot” so to speak. Would these phlunts prefer no stats, 1 weapon per class etc? They’d QQ even more if anet did that to them

Carried Players

wauwi.9162

“Phlunt” is too long, needs 3 or less letters to become a shorthand for something in mmo’s. :P

With “active defense”, you mean stuff like i do with my GS in dungeons, like boss is channeling AoE knockdown of doom and i use an interrupt of justice, to make sure, no one’s getting hurt?

I’m not strictly playing the meta, btw. Looks like 6/5/0/3/0 LB+Sword/X ranger is “the meta” for my main class, but aside from high DPS (which i also have with 6/4/0/4/0 GS/LB, switching to Sword/X before some bosses), it’s too selfish of a build for my taste.
I’d rather run a party condi-clear signet as my stunbreak, instead of the “bursty” quickening zephyr in dungeons like TA or fractals.

Carried Players

Artemis Thuras.8795

less complex than that.

Boss winds up for big attack
F3 gogo aegis.
zero damage.

blinds, frost bow #5
reflects
these things.

Passive defense being
toughness/vitality
protection (sort of, eg hammer guard)

Many people aren’t good enough to time active defenses (which usually have quite long durations too.
Many use ping as an excuse, but with practice you can compensate for this, unless its over about 1/2-1s. In which case I would whine to my isp or get a new router.

Pretty sure ranger meta is still GS + sword/warhorn.
Maul is a nasty little burst. and the evade is handy for tougher bosses.
Frost spirit and spotter isn’t selfish either.

Carried Players

wauwi.9162

I have quite the problems seeing a boss channeling a skill within stacking, due to extreme particle effects going on, especially, if an ele is in my group.

Leurent is a good example. I simply can’t see him under all these effects.
Maybe i just should check my eyesight…

Yeah i guess “selfish” isn’t the right term…more like “too much focus on swords AA”.
Spotter&Frostspirit is as mandatory to bring in a dungeon for a ranger as banners for warriors, though, i hardly see other rangers doing it…in “fail-up groups”. (i like the shorthand for that name)

I’m pretty sure, LB is part of the meta. It’s AA is now as damaging in melee range (untraited), than the one from the GS (traited two-hand training), + a burst, which is far superior to maul (single target).
I mix them up, for a great amount of vulnerability and burst, usually opening with LB, switch to GS and go back to LB, when enemy is at low HP or if block, daze and swoop are all in CD.
I wish i could force my cave spider to stay in melee range…it would be my new dungeon staple pet, then.

Carried Players

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

[…]think there’s some magic that happens when you sit in corners.

But…but…it is magic! Beautiful coordinated magic~

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

Carried Players

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Ugh, was just having an argument like that somewhere else in the forums. Apparently using active defenses and high DPS skills is “cheesing” fights…

Pretty sure ranger meta is still GS + sword/warhorn.
Maul is a nasty little burst. and the evade is handy for tougher bosses.
Frost spirit and spotter isn’t selfish either.

It’s LB+sword/axe now according to DnT. I’ve tried it, it’s pretty fun other than sword still being annoying as hell sometimes.

Carried Players

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to direct your attention to this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Recount-would-be-great/page/5#post4467192

Lot’s of responses and don’t expect anyone to read through them all, but it’s fairly telling what you are up against. There is actually one person who admits to being openly deceptive about his gear but refuses to acknowledge that people that make a group have a right to choose who they play with. Apparently by his logic the only people that have that right is the “casual” crowd since people who run meta don’t know anything.

Carried Players

Artemis Thuras.8795

@ shadowpuppet,
I know man. Ive seen so many hardline “NO ZERKERS” its funny. Its simply because they can’t dodge, or CC, or do damage, or support.. They just want everyone else to do it for them.. And think that is perfectly fun for everyone else too.

I personally prefer maul for the aoe on it, + swoop isn’t bad damage. + the #5 can get rid of some defiant for a frost bow #5, or as an “oh kitten, ele doesn’t know how to use frost bow” skill. For me its mostly the cleaving.

not to mention every phlunt going hits point blank shot to knock enemies out of lava fonts. Then wonders why they get kicked from.. FuGs?

I can see sword/axe being a good option. #4 is pretty good. #5 is tricky to use, because you cant move. Who doesn’t want more reflect options though really?

Edit:
I just had a play in heart of the mists.
Yes LB AA does more damage point blank than GS.
GS attacks faster compensating for this. + epic evade.
I can see how one might prefer rapid fire over maul for vuln stacking, but in a dungeon team i dont see this being a problem. war/thief/cat pet/guard can easily maintain 6 vuln each + whirling defense + opening strikes.

All in all I’d go with GS. Unless a ranged weapon is needed. in which case – no brainer.

(edited by Artemis Thuras.8795)

Carried Players

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

Ummmm no one uses Longbow for the auto attack dude. You start the fight with Barrage, then Rapid Fire and then swap to sword for the duration of the fight and at the last 5-10% you swap back and finish the boss with Rapid Fire. You should understand what the debate is about before you offer a lengthy opinion.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Carried Players

wauwi.9162

@hybrid:
Aside from the fact, that i use LB pretty much how you described it (see my earlier post), nobody said that one should use LB only for it’s AA.
My point was, that AA is just a decent option, that rangers have now, especially IF weapon switch is in CD.
Not to mention, that while attacking with the LB, you can walk in pretty much in any direction you want, in a 1200 radius, while still hitting stuff.

In short, wielding LB in dungeons isn’t mostly pointless anymore, for all kinds of playstyles.

Keep in mind, we’re talking about phlunts, bad pugs or whatever here. Good luck in being as efficient and fast as possible, if you can’t rely on your party-mates.
You also gave those “lol stack and just AA with insert your class’ meta weapon here and go poop”-guys delicous food with such a post.

About the holy trinity, that is power, precision and ferocity:
While i’m running a full zerk myself in dungeons and prefer people who do the same, i’m kinda sad about the lack of options in PvE.
There’s no reason to not go full zerk in PvE, unless you have a network (or brain) latency of 2 seconds.
How useful is a big amount of toughness or vitality, if you can prevent most of the incoming damage completely?
I’m by no means a skilled player, but i can just dodge pretty much everything a boss throws at me, once i got it’s attack pattern and behavior down.
Take lupi for example, in phase 1, after a bunch of times of fighting him (or her?), you get a “feeling”, when he (or she?) does the kick attack, even though it’s barely telegraphed. You are able to simply walk out of range before he does it and it’s even reliably evadeable, if you’re that much of a lupi-lover.

So yeah, i can understand, why some people QQ about zerk meta.
I once was such an hardcore meta QQ’er myself…i even suggested forcing players to kill trash at some point.
Man, i was messed up.

Carried Players

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

People that hate meta builds, zerker gears, stacking, runes/sigils/potion/food and many more do not run dungeons at all. In my 6 month of pugging for any dungeons, including FOTM 50, Arah p4 and many more, I’ve never encountered anyone who were negative about things that I’ve mentioned. In fact those people that complain are the ones you’ll see in LFG “exp only, zerker etc” and came to realization on how much they hate themselves for being hypocrites.

There are some that truly believe GW2 combat is broken, but those are usually people who played “Holy Trinity” for a long time and couldn’t adapt to dodging/damage mitigating tactics in Gw2. In fact I doubt any complainers on Gw2 forum can do Arah trash mob skips flawlessly without going as a thief or an engineer.

Tour

Carried Players

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

My only problem with Meta’s is that many players fail to understand the big picture and what is actually going on. By that I mean, many players hear “this is the meta build” and think “ok that’s THE meta build, the one and only build that cannot be changed or altered at all” which can be quite frustrating when in reality you want to change things up for given situations.

There are base meta builds, but sitautions and variables will change that demand the adjustment of those builds. This is why I like Obal’s guardian posts so much, he lays down different options for different situations. I still don’t think he covers quite everything but no guide i’ve ever seen for any game does, but kitten his is close.

Now I think most people here understand that, just felt like saying it becuase it’s been a frustration of mine for years spanning multiple games. There’s always the people who are good players and put out guides but then from that there are always the people who fail to grasp the full concept of their classes and simply blindly follow the generic builds without the understanding on how and where to deviate to get the optimal results.. and in their misunderstanding they will often feel they are running hte optimal and try to point out the flaws in other playstyles whiel they sit in ignorance. I’m looking at you warriors who claim Mace is meta and refuse to toss on a warhorn for a quick swiftness hit making me get out a staff or waste a temporal curtain… ugh…

Carried Players

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

There are casuals, and then there’s kazuls.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Carried Players

deSade.9437

My only problem with Meta’s is that many players fail to understand the big picture and what is actually going on. By that I mean, many players hear “this is the meta build” and think “ok that’s THE meta build, the one and only build that cannot be changed or altered at all” which can be quite frustrating when in reality you want to change things up for given situations.

There are base meta builds, but sitautions and variables will change that demand the adjustment of those builds. This is why I like Obal’s guardian posts so much, he lays down different options for different situations. I still don’t think he covers quite everything but no guide i’ve ever seen for any game does, but kitten his is close.

Now I think most people here understand that, just felt like saying it becuase it’s been a frustration of mine for years spanning multiple games. There’s always the people who are good players and put out guides but then from that there are always the people who fail to grasp the full concept of their classes and simply blindly follow the generic builds without the understanding on how and where to deviate to get the optimal results.. and in their misunderstanding they will often feel they are running hte optimal and try to point out the flaws in other playstyles whiel they sit in ignorance. I’m looking at you warriors who claim Mace is meta and refuse to toss on a warhorn for a quick swiftness hit making me get out a staff or waste a temporal curtain… ugh…

I’d rather take a stupid player with a good build than a “non-conventional” warrior wielding mace/axe in nomad gear – yes, even if they never swap weapons or something like that. The latter is useless, and someone else can be the team’s brain if need arises.
Four silent drones blindly following the lead give less problems than some pesky, overly-talkative, zealous, cheeky little d***head that questions every strategy/build without knowing anything about the fight at hand.
Many people out there think they’re as good as [insert random kwnon player here], but in the end, they better fall back in line

“Deviating” is dangerous for stupid people. Abominations such as the mentioned mace/axe warr are born, nothing good can come from it.
You expect too much from the majority of players.

Precisely.
But be really, really careful…. there are many of them and they hold 90% of the capital.

Carried Players

Posted by: bitterjo.1695

bitterjo.1695

- 18k AP Guardian without a wall in SE P1 wondering why everyone died going ‘I don’t usually have wall I don’t understand why we died we need more deeps’. No staff for might, fine. No wall, you serious buddy?
- 3K ele in CoE dying at every Alpha, never might stacks and QQing about lack of dmg.

They don’t listen, don’t learn, blindly stack and then wonder why entire parties wipe. Everytime I bring a Guard in it feels like shes working overtime just to keep ungrateful phlunts alive. These days best to bring in 3 friends and pug 1 or 2 for an easier time.
AP will go up, but some IQ’s stay the same.

Carried Players

Jerus.4350

Ohh don’t get me wrong deSade, I agree, just it’s frustrating when people who seem very capable stick too close to the generic meta and refuse to see past it. I’ve run into far too many decent→good players that get caught in this attempt to copy the best instead of using their brains to fit themselves to the situation. Just saying, learning the meta is step 1, step 2 is learning your profession and where you can adjust to better fit given situations, step 3 of course… profit

Carried Players

deSade.9437

To be fair, if they’re stuck on a single build and never swap utilities or traits they’re not that capable…
…. yet, I’ll concede.

My cat looks like he’s on a man period, kitten . I’m hating this. He roams the house meowing hysterically even though I fed him and played with him most of the morning.
DANG I GOT A KAZUL CAT

P.S. There are still people who have been playing for 1-2 years and think that every stack is about the stacking itself and spamming 1-1-1-1. Still. And then we wonder why most players suck…

Carried Players

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Wait, what

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Carried Players

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

Ohh don’t get me wrong deSade, I agree, just it’s frustrating when people who seem very capable stick too close to the generic meta and refuse to see past it. I’ve run into far too many decent->good players that get caught in this attempt to copy the best instead of using their brains to fit themselves to the situation. Just saying, learning the meta is step 1, step 2 is learning your profession and where you can adjust to better fit given situations, step 3 of course… profit

Everybody means something slightly different by using the word “META”. Me personally, I perceive it as a set of ideas one must learn and then, when situation calls for it, process them with his own brain. Hard for those who lack one, of course. So if someone is not switching utilities, traits and other variables according to the situation, I wouldn’t call it meta no matter how zerky his gear is or how tightly he’s stacking.
Unfortunately, this game offers unlimited supply of nobrainers and noobs, who will keep annoying you and wondering how the “berserker exploit” works, so the only way to deal with them is to find someone else. If you have just one noob in your group, kick. If there is 4 noobs, leave. Then roll the die via LFG again. You will get lucky once.

Carried Players

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Wait, what

wot mate

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Carried Players

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Artemis Thuras.8795

Many people aren’t good enough to time active defenses (which usually have quite long durations too.
Many use ping as an excuse, but with practice you can compensate for this, unless its over about 1/2-1s. In which case I would whine to my isp or get a new router.

You tell me? :/

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Carried Players

Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

tell you what?

Carried Players

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Artemis Thuras.8795

tell you what?

Dub is the offical lagging guy with horrible delay.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Carried Players

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

Oh please, the pugging scene is miles ahead of where it was months ago. Now I actually get a partially decent group every 1 out of 10 rolls in the LFG roulette!

At least most of you don’t have to put up with light field spamming guardians that then go “Y U no gief might ele?” or mesmers that attempt to perma reflect Subject Alpha’s “wide array” of projectile attacks and complain about people not stacking in a corner over a month past the feature patch.
Also if I had a penny for everytime a pick-up says “did it get bugged???” after a Bjarl kill where somebody spams rocks.
What about thieves that believe the only group-wide stealth they have is Shadow Refuge, I mean I too wouldn’t use Black Powder in a pick-up with people I don’t know but you could at least show that you’re aware that blasting a smoke field will yield Area Stealth by putting down Smoke Screen. There’s also the occasional thief from <insert associated top tier speedclearing guild> that insists on utilizing Black Powder as a smoke field in PUGs with group comps that severely lack blast finishers (warriors, guardians, necromancers, rangers and mesmers OP field blasters).
And trying to reason with these people? Preposterous! You’ll find yourself outside of the dungeon you were in right in the following second for either being an ‘elitist zerk jerk’ who inquires as to why a healing guardian has joined a LFG post that specifically asked for ‘zerk’ builds or a scrubby pug who dares question their superior knowledge

There are 2 key components to successful pugging:
1. Patience, beyond that of a saint;
2. Accept that 99 times out of 100 you’ll have to carry most of your group members or put up with their shenanigans;
(Oh wait actually there’s 3)
3. Be inserted into one of the categories described above and keep living happily in ignorance!

Carried Players

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

Oh please, the pugging scene is miles ahead of where it was months ago. Now I actually get a partially decent group every 1 out of 10 rolls in the LFG roulette!

At least most of you don’t have to put up with light field spamming guardians that then go “Y U no gief might ele?” or mesmers that attempt to perma reflect Subject Alpha’s “wide array” of projectile attacks and complain about people not stacking in a corner over a month past the feature patch.
Also if I had a penny for everytime a pick-up says “did it get bugged???” after a Bjarl kill where somebody spams rocks.
What about thieves that believe the only group-wide stealth they have is Shadow Refuge, I mean I too wouldn’t use Black Powder in a pick-up with people I don’t know but you could at least show that you’re aware that blasting a smoke field will yield Area Stealth by putting down Smoke Screen. There’s also the occasional thief from <insert associated top tier speedclearing guild> that insists on utilizing Black Powder as a smoke field in PUGs with group comps that severely lack blast finishers (warriors, guardians, necromancers, rangers and mesmers OP field blasters).
And trying to reason with these people? Preposterous! You’ll find yourself outside of the dungeon you were in right in the following second for either being an ‘elitist zerk jerk’ who inquires as to why a healing guardian has joined a LFG post that specifically asked for ‘zerk’ builds or a scrubby pug who dares question their superior knowledge

There are 2 key components to successful pugging:
1. Patience, beyond that of a saint;
2. Accept that 99 times out of 100 you’ll have to carry most of your group members or put up with their shenanigans;
(Oh wait actually there’s 3)
3. Be inserted into one of the categories described above and keep living happily in ignorance!

• hug *

Carried Players

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Theres one solution to all the problems in this thread. Run exclusively with guildies. As a pug I must admit Im interested in joining a dungeon guild myself as I don’t like that as a pug I regularly have to carry terrible players through dungeons who don’t care that they are terrible because at the end of the dungeon they still get the same reward that you do.

Carried Players

Dub.1273

Artemis Thuras.8795

tell you what?

And possibly the best internet connection out there. :c

Dub | [rT]

Carried Players

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

Theres one solution to all the problems in this thread. Run exclusively with guildies. As a pug I must admit Im interested in joining a dungeon guild myself as I don’t like that as a pug I regularly have to carry terrible players through dungeons who don’t care that they are terrible because at the end of the dungeon they still get the same reward that you do.

I flet the same way but then you have to think in reverse. Would dungeon guilds want untested pugs? Pug tactics and dungeon guild tactics are clearly different from what I’ve learned so far, and the expectation and quality of guildies can put even more pressure than before. I feel like there is a vast gap between a player who is really good at pugging/carrying versus player who are used to group composition.
I mean both have con and pros, but guild players have more pros than cons. But anyway, good luck on your trial if you manage to find a dungeon guild you like

Tour

Carried Players

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

It’s not really pressure if you make it routine. I spend entire dungeons with my inventory open and switch around weapons constantly out of habit so it doesn’t feel like hard work for me. As far as I’m aware most if not all of my guildies do the same, though I don’t think to the extent I do.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Carried Players

Artemis Thuras.8795

The problem I find, is very few are willing to learn. We had someone ragequit the other day because we asked him (repeatedly, including explanation as to why) to run a phalanx strength over sword/axe. He would run it for the first 1-2 fights, then revert to some weird low dps setup. Thinking he was so smart and we wouldn’t notice anyway. Basically saying “kitten you, you don’t know kitten”.

Very few have the patience to teach/train because this is how the majority reacts to being asked to run certain builds.

I’m getting kinda tired of teaching the same (to me very) basic strategies and we’re in the process of making videos explaining some of the stuff we do/use. Basically so we can be like “here, go watch this <link>”.

We tend to encourage people to play other classes too, so that it keeps things fresh and interesting for <player>. It also helps <player> to understand how/why things work.

Seems like there might be a few in the thread interested in this sort of thing.. So heres our current in-game recruitment spam..

??[MYTH]The Mythical Dragons ? JQ based, all servers welcome. 400+ ?International members?Guild Missions?Buffs?PvX?TS3?99% Rep Req? – Whisp me or join at http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment ??

It seems like not only are the skilled players a minority, those interested in becoming skilled are a minority also.

Carried Players

GrimmR.3541

Artemis Thuras.8795

tell you what?

Austrian one could beat yours! :x

toxic since 2012

Carried Players

Jerus.4350

The problem I find, is very few are willing to learn. We had someone ragequit the other day because we asked him (repeatedly, including explanation as to why) to run a phalanx strength over sword/axe. He would run it for the first 1-2 fights, then revert to some weird low dps setup. Thinking he was so smart and we wouldn’t notice anyway. Basically saying “kitten you, you don’t know kitten”.

Very few have the patience to teach/train because this is how the majority reacts to being asked to run certain builds.

I’m getting kinda tired of teaching the same (to me very) basic strategies and we’re in the process of making videos explaining some of the stuff we do/use. Basically so we can be like “here, go watch this <link>”.

We tend to encourage people to play other classes too, so that it keeps things fresh and interesting for <player>. It also helps <player> to understand how/why things work.

Seems like there might be a few in the thread interested in this sort of thing.. So heres our current in-game recruitment spam..

??[MYTH]The Mythical Dragons ? JQ based, all servers welcome. 400+ ?International members?Guild Missions?Buffs?PvX?TS3?99% Rep Req? – Whisp me or join at http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment ??

It seems like not only are the skilled players a minority, those interested in becoming skilled are a minority also.

I have gone by this rule for years now. “I’m happy to help anyone that asks, if you don’t ask you’re not worth the trouble” basically people who ask are those looking to learn, those that don’t are usually the ones that ignore you or even bite your head off for trying to help.

That said I’m no where near the top level in this game like I was in previous games, but I’m still happy to help when/where I can.

Carried Players

Dub.1273

Artemis Thuras.8795

tell you what?

I thought 1GBps was the limit you could reach. :/
If there’s anyone who reaches faster speeds than 1gbps up/download on a speedtest server, please stand up!

Dub | [rT]

Carried Players

GrimmR.3541

Artemis Thuras.8795

tell you what?

I thought 1GBps was the limit you could reach. :/
If there’s anyone who reaches faster speeds than 1gbps up/download on a speedtest server, please stand up!

Daaaarn, you won..

toxic since 2012

Carried Players

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

I’m getting a little bored of reading the same kitten.
QQ meta players just stack and dps 2 win
QQ no strategy just pure dps
QQ you not l33t you just dps.

If you think a full zerker team can be semi-afk in a dungeon and autowin, then you got carried. You were basically told to just bring dps because they didn’t consider you good enough to be trusted with anything important.

The trinity of
CC
DPS
Support
is very heavily used, and relied upon in small group content.

“ohh boss is dead before he could attack us, no fun QQ”
Did you know someone probably frost bow #5’d or a warrior used mace #5 so the boss didn’t hit you?
Did you know a thief just blinded the mob, or a guardian used zealots defense, timed perfectly?

“it doesn’t matter how long it takes, I still get my loot”
Yes, but you could take 10 minutes, instead of 20, and do something else taking 10 minutes too! ohh, you got twice as much loot? awesome!

“I’m still alive and your not!!”
yeah, but in 10s I did more damage than you did in 2 minutes. If you had the same dps, I wouldn’t be running out of “oh-kitten” buttons.

Very inclined to tell the next person who gives me some excuse along these lines to go get punted like phlunt. – Then again they may not be good enough to do LS and have no idea how fun it is to hate phlunt.

/rant

i don’t always carry pugs, but when i do, i use my full sentinell shout heal warrior

Are you Shpongled?

Carried Players

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

i don’t always carry pugs, but when i do, i use my full sentinell shout heal warrior

Not even Nomads? wtf….

Hello darkness, my old friend.

Carried Players

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Tsk. Full Nomad’s with Mercy runes is the meta now.