Don't add AR in Fractals

Don't add AR in Fractals

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

it is to long and the last boss is hard enough NOT TO MENTION THE AGONY YOU WILL PUT ON HIM ! !
if the current situation of ar is fractal 1 on 38 IT WILL BE HELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS NOT AION WITH 5h DUNGEONS !

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

Don't add AR in Fractals

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

what in god’s name

Retired. Too many casuals.

Don't add AR in Fractals

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Actually this would fit quite well as a Fractal.
Both the first boss (with the walls) and the last one would work great and have easily addable agony.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Don't add AR in Fractals

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Add it to fractals and just tweak the final boss so it’s a bit shorter (10 electric stacks to 5 and cut AoE phases in half, or just have only 1 long AoE phase that happens at 50%) and cut out some of the trash packs in the middle. It’s a great dungeon just needs a couple changes to make it into a fractal.

Though I’m not sure what should give agony for the final boss. I was thinking the fire AoE from Horrik during the shield phase, but that would also register to the barrage AoE phase which would be overkill. Maybe something like Frenzied Horrik’s attacks cause agony (but that would be too easy).

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

(edited by GoldenTruth.2853)

Don't add AR in Fractals

Posted by: LFk.1408

LFk.1408

it is to long and the last boss is hard enough NOT TO MENTION THE AGONY YOU WILL PUT ON HIM ! !
if the current situation of ar is fractal 1 on 38 IT WILL BE HELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What did I just read?

Don't add AR in Fractals

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Cry me rivers baby!

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Don't add AR in Fractals

Posted by: Danireathorn.2814

Danireathorn.2814

It would be a new and interesting challenge for sure. I dunno though, time-wise I’m not sure many FOTM speed run groups would like it. I can’t imagine what it would be like if you had bad luck in a PUG group with it as well; it might give you 2x more trouble than dredge (Yeah, I’ve had bad luck doing dredge in PUG groups… ). But time-wise I dunno if it should be in fractals. I mean we all know that time spent in fractals does not equate to the proper rewards.

[LFG]

Don't add AR in Fractals

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

if it gives 1g for level 1-9, 2g for 10-19, 3g for 20-29, 4g for 30-39, 5g for 40-49, everyone would want it, and to those who don’t know what’s he’s talking about, he’s talking about anet adding aetherblade retreat to the fractals, don’t know if they ever mentioned they’d do that though

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Don't add AR in Fractals

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

Way to find the faintest possible whiff of a potential future minor problem and work yourself into a frenzied state over it. Well done, OP.

Don't add AR in Fractals

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

well i also expect them to do a mess with AR in fractal.

Mostly because people are forced to go glass cannon in fractal thank to things like veteran grawls and old tom….
(but not only…being GC helps everywhere in fotm)

So if they put this designed around tanks will be awful.

They should stop to design class/build requirements for dungeons…if they did it wrong designing around dps barriers its as bad putting armor/hp barriers.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Don't add AR in Fractals

lordkrall.7241

Oh, I must have missed the memo about being forced to go glass cannon in fractals, since I have never done that and yet I have done quite a few Fractals.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Don't add AR in Fractals

LordByron.8369

Oh, I must have missed the memo about being forced to go glass cannon in fractals, since I have never done that and yet I have done quite a few Fractals.

That is because you still have to understand fractal mechanic probably or you wouldn t argue about 4 out of 5 being locked in GC.

And how pointless is having armor/HP at higher levels.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Don't add AR in Fractals

Posted by: Ram Banson.4081

Ram Banson.4081

Hey Anet?!, do it , DO IT!!!! ad that in fractal, you all know its good.

Srsly if you dont want a challenge at all…. why you dont just read a book, take a walk outside, or just watch TV?
This thing is no Hardmode so just learn it -.-

Blùb [LuPi]

Don't add AR in Fractals

Bismuth.3165

You guys are aware that they’re probably not going to add aetherblade retreat to fractals, they probably never even thought about doing that, and now that someone is raging about something that they didn’t even think of doing it, it’s more reason for them not to do it, oh wait… this anet we’re talking about, then we’ll probably have aetherblade retreat as a fractal with 2x the difficulty and 1/10 the reward

Don't add AR in Fractals

LordByron.8369

You guys are aware that they’re probably not going to add aetherblade retreat to fractals, they probably never even thought about doing that, and now that someone is raging about something that they didn’t even think of doing it, it’s more reason for them not to do it, oh wait… this anet we’re talking about, then we’ll probably have aetherblade retreat as a fractal with 2x the difficulty and 1/10 the reward

you are not well informed..

Look in living story section you will find a post about it.

GW2 balance:

Don't add AR in Fractals

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

EDIT: Deleted smart kitten post as I realised he meant AR = Aetherblade Retreat, makes post make sense.

(edited by Sithaco.4673)

Don't add AR in Fractals

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

This would be the only fractal that insta-gibs pets. Maybe ANET’s plan is to get rid of ranger in pve entirely? I’m completely against adding this as a fractal. At least fractals are fun. This dungeon, aetherblade, is a steaming pile of kitten.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Don't add AR in Fractals

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Srsly if you dont want a challenge at all…. why you dont just read a book, take a walk outside, or just watch TV?

Hey Reading a book or taking a walk can ALSO be a challenge, depending on circumstances

Chopps, I actually enjoy having a ranger in grp especially for boss fight. Pet rezz, nature spirit, bear pet… all nice things to have if used correctly. Stun, snare, also nice.

(edited by Yasi.9065)

Don't add AR in Fractals

Bismuth.3165

you are not well informed..

Look in living story section you will find a post about it.

Seriously? can you link it?
It’s not really that bad if you have a good group, but what saddens me is that it’s going to be more difficult with lower rewards if they ever added it to the fractals

Don't add AR in Fractals

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

And as mentioned earlier, the dungeons people enjoy from our living world release will be researched by the keepers of the Fractals of the Mist and used as way to continue to expand and build on our fractals permanently going forward.

I don’t read they will take the dungeon and put it in the fractals. Do you?

What I think after reading this is more like they just try to capture what makes this dungeon likeable and/or the good mechanics, and use those in the future fractals.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Don't add AR in Fractals

lordkrall.7241

I don’t read they will take the dungeon and put it in the fractals. Do you?

What I think after reading this is more like they just try to capture what makes this dungeon likeable and/or the good mechanics, and use those in the future fractals.

Actually the whole Fractals of the Mist dungeon is about the NPC researching the mists and such.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Don't add AR in Fractals

Chopps.5047

Hey Reading a book or taking a walk can ALSO be a challenge, depending on circumstances

Chopps, I actually enjoy having a ranger in grp especially for boss fight. Pet rezz, nature spirit, bear pet… all nice things to have if used correctly. Stun, snare, also nice.

I’m fairly certain you’re in the minority. There’s few redeeming qualities and no need to snare. All you need in dungeons are reflection, group stability, and DPS and the ranger can only do one of those things (reflection). Interesting how guardian does all three. Jon P wasn’t lying when he said guardian would be the cleric profession to end all clerics. Your best bet in any gamemode is always guardian. :p

(edited by Chopps.5047)

Don't add AR in Fractals

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

I’m fairly certain you’re in the minority. There’s few redeeming qualities and no need to snare. All you need in dungeons are reflection, group stability, and DPS and the ranger can only do one of those things (reflection). Interesting how guardian does all three. Jon P wasn’t lying when he said guardian would be the cleric profession to end all clerics. Your best bet in any gamemode is always guardian. :p

Why so down on Rangers, Chopps? Where did this ranger-loving fellow from 4 days ago go?

On the last boss fight, if you are doing a speed run, you have to alternate what you attack: Mai or her add. Doing this in the right order (google it) prevents a HUGE aoe from spamming the arena. Speed runs in this dungeon will want to aboid the time consuming aoe but also must be good enough to focus down targets with the right amount of power. You can’t just feedback land aegis while dropping 100b like they do on the kitten Lupicus video.

Now you DON’T have to play this way. If you run it like a pick up group you will just accept that you will be dodging aoe. There’s a chance to lose a pet. Swiftness, careful dodges, well timed swaps, and signet of stone are important.

Rangers must be strong. ANET is challenging us, not hating us. They love us. So they make it hard, forcing us to improve. It’s NOT an unfair fight to rangers.

I hope that helps.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Don't add AR in Fractals

Chopps.5047

Why so down on Rangers, Chopps? Where did this ranger-loving fellow from 4 days ago go?

On the last boss fight, if you are doing a speed run, you have to alternate what you attack: Mai or her add. Doing this in the right order (google it) prevents a HUGE aoe from spamming the arena. Speed runs in this dungeon will want to aboid the time consuming aoe but also must be good enough to focus down targets with the right amount of power. You can’t just feedback land aegis while dropping 100b like they do on the kitten Lupicus video.

Now you DON’T have to play this way. If you run it like a pick up group you will just accept that you will be dodging aoe. There’s a chance to lose a pet. Swiftness, careful dodges, well timed swaps, and signet of stone are important.

Rangers must be strong. ANET is challenging us, not hating us. They love us. So they make it hard, forcing us to improve. It’s NOT an unfair fight to rangers.

I hope that helps.

Heheh, that guy isn’t around anymore :P

Don't add AR in Fractals

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I hope that helps.

Reality sucks but I’m glad you’re here :o

Attachments:

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Don't add AR in Fractals

Chopps.5047

Thx swiftpaw. Ironic you posted that bc I figure I’ve taken the profession as far as I can and am moving on to getting back to things IRL. Good luck out there fellas

Don't add AR in Fractals

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Thx swiftpaw. Ironic you posted that bc I figure I’ve taken the profession as far as I can and am moving on to getting back to things IRL. Good luck out there fellas

Aw well I hope you still play from time to time ^^

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Don't add AR in Fractals

Chopps.5047

I’ll still play occasionally, primarily wvw or spvp, particularly since I’ll have some time off work in the next few days. But I won’t pull the hours I used to. Sometimes you just have to move on, swiftpaw. Like you said, reality sucks. It was one hell of a ride though and one of the better gaming experiences I’ve had. (lifelong gamer)

Don't add AR in Fractals

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

I hope that helps.

LoLs. I think my Ranger tests may have led to that. Here’s hoping it actually brings about some well needed changes. But for now, remember to pick up the stick at bloomhunger and spike at the end!

Don't add AR in Fractals

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Actually this would fit quite well as a Fractal.
Both the first boss (with the walls) and the last one would work great and have easily addable agony.

Negative

The Mai fight is way too much like Dhuum. Way too much HP’s, & too much repitition of gimmicky padded out nonsense. Cut her HP’s in half and maybe it can be made permanent… Also add normal Lackies chasing us around during the bombardment stage so we actually have something to Rally off of before the often unavoidable cannon spam completely kills those players who aren’t fortunate enough to have the ridiculous levels of both condition removals & health regen + speed that my nature’s voice Ranger (or also some niche Guardians/Thieves) has.**

• *This doesn’t mean rangers are good…most rangers are complete Trash for this and most people couldn’t do this even with my build b/c it requires making a macro that they might get banned for … yeah, awesome Trait change ANET, force people to Macro in order to get anything out of it! Keep up the awesome “balance” =P …. oh and don’t bother letting us modify our User Interfaces and .INI’s like Unreal Engine, and Halflife engine, and about a dozen others did for basically EVERY GAME EVER MADE ON THEM…. Oh and GW1 engine also… now that I think about it….

If you want to see how the average Ranger does, just watch Eugene’s latest Vid.
Highly recommended for entertainment value. It’s almost Flimsii tier…
(i have roughly 25% more HP&tough, AAAAND 200% more Regen than Eugene’s)

(edited by ilr.9675)

Don't add AR in Fractals

Chopps.5047

I hope that helps.

LoLs. I think my Ranger tests may have led to that. Here’s hoping it actually brings about some well needed changes. But for now, remember to pick up the stick at bloomhunger and spike at the end!

You wish, Obal. You think I never knew ranger did more damage with items like Fiery Greatsword? Only noobs didn’t know that about ranger. To me, all you did was prove how little you know about the profession.

I have priorities IRL that have been neglected far too long. Have fun optimizing builds for your digital shinies. I’ll still be out there kicking the crap out of DnT in the Mists >:) because Death and Taxes is what you fellas experience when you play Strikeforce.

(edited by Chopps.5047)