Dungeon community ignored?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Dude this is hilarious. Just read your post it makes no sense. You joined my group because you wanted to USE the lfg tool ? What kind of excuse is that? The lfg tool has been there for months and you are only testing it now? Yes I range alphard does it makes me a bad ? Mesmers\guardians faceroll this boss without even dodging. At least when you range you have to dodge the pull.

You were spamming stealth consumable because of lazyness? Are you sure? I can say I couldnt skip because I was lazy too . If you can solo the path stop joining groups then .

Now I can duo , why would I waste my time in a pug and make only 3g instead of 12g? I didnt farm FG for my twilight nor I farmed cof p1. I was being efficient in my runs and could affrod it. But hey we all started from the bottom , you’ll get there someday.. maybe.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

This sort of trash talking is just adorable, warms the koc-kles of my hearts it does.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: joey the creator.3587

joey the creator.3587

i doubt that you have enought money to pay me for a legit arah p4 run.
the brain damage which a solo/duo melandru causes is too high

I know right , I doubt anybody can solo p4 or even duo . And if you 5 man then sell its not worth it would be easier to do p2. 6gx4 =24\2=12 gold each , considering one of you can solo last boss.

But with p4 15gx4=60\5=12g . Its the same amount of gold than p2 , that
means it simply not worth it .

The amount of legit arah p4 sellers is either 0% or very close to 0%. Even if some people exploit p2, I would say alot of them are legit because its not that hard. Even with wipes you can easely finish the path .

Duo isn’t hard, the only annoying part is melandru, you just get one person to take gorilla aggro while the other person afk ranges, it’s not hard to duo; just who the kitten wants to spend an extra hour to make the same money as skipping the first 3 bosses.

Quit gw2. Casually play gw1 when I have spare time.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I wonder how far this section could take a thread w/o using automatic moderator indentifers? I doubt it would ever be noticed/moderated by a human, thus probably could go pretty far.

Serenity now~Insanity later

swiftpaw.6397

Keep the comments coming imo, I want this a top thread.

Posted by: joey the creator.3587

joey the creator.3587

Yes I range alphard does it makes me a bad ? Mesmers\guardians faceroll this boss without even dodging. At least when you range you have to dodge the pull.

yes it does. i don’t know about mesmer but with guardian you still have to dodge, wall of reflect lasts 12 secs and has a 32 sec cooldown when traited and i don’t know about other guards but when i solo alphard i don’t use shield of avenger, You honestly believe guards don’t dodge during them 20 seconds without wall? you talk too much nonsense. Also why do you keep bragging about having twilight? i have 2 legendaries and i wouldn’t brag since i know of several people with 6+ and i would guess there are probably people who have 10 or more. Another thing, why are you arguing with someone from LOD? i don’t know him but i would guess he could solo p2 better than you

Quit gw2. Casually play gw1 when I have spare time.

swiftpaw.6397

Atse I have 4 legendaries and I am craptacular..

….

However I can dodge alphard >_>

@ Dog ,and now I remove this too. COVER MAH TRACKS

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

No offense to anyone, but…

Aren’t we sort of demonstrating now exactly why this community is viewed as toxic, and perhaps why devs stay so far away?

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

lol ok , im bad and cannot melee alphard but I know for sure that I only sell legit paths. Oh and 6 legendaries? Alot of them are ugly , unless you have 6 twilights congratz to you

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

A way up to the boat in Arah path 2 was blocked off. This is great, again.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that At least they tried.

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

What a depressing read. I really hope a dungeon team is reformed.

Posted by: mahariel.4981

mahariel.4981

It’s the thought that counts, even if they didn’t block off all the points to the boat.

I was trying to be nice anyway, and then I got a post infracted because I wrote that ArenaNet can’t stand the idea of interacting with the dungeon community since that’s apparently a personal attack towards their staff despite the fact that they moved my thread to trashcan dungeon forum.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) | [LOD]
Morrï Mahariel | Serah Mahariel | Morrï
A bunch of amateur solos from yours truly

Posted by: Hearte.6852

Hearte.6852

Reading through most of these threads, it’s not hard to figure out why the sub-forum is being ignored. A huge percentage of the posts are venomous and directly insulting. I feel sorry for any newer players who stop by this forum, simply because they may get the impression that the GW2 community is terrible, which is untrue as a whole. The moderators already have their hands full with cleaning up the nonstop offensive posts.

Posted by: LittleLepton.8915

LittleLepton.8915

Reading through most of these threads, it’s not hard to figure out why the sub-forum is being ignored. A huge percentage of the posts are venomous and directly insulting. I feel sorry for any newer players who stop by this forum, simply because they may get the impression that the GW2 community is terrible, which is untrue as a whole. The moderators already have their hands full with cleaning up the nonstop offensive posts.

It got this way because they ignored it. Once Hrouda left, they stopped posting, answering, caring. The players then answered questions, helped, etc, and then the community asking the questions retaliated against the dungeon runner elites. Because their advice was “elitist” and they just want to “play how I want” so the dungeon runners were forced to take the asinine accusations and personal attacks for answering questions. Why would anyone want to keep saying the same nice answers when every time they offer them, they get attacked?

No one. So now the dungeon forum is what it is. Lost, ignored, not cared for. Much like the dungeons themselves.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

You do realise the forum has only gotten like this because of the lack of developer interaction. Because of this its become more of a chatroom. Which means discussions can get heated quite easily.

edit: Im too slow. Lilith beat me to it.

LittleLepton.8915

You do realise the forum has only gotten like this because of the lack of developer interaction. Because of this its become more of a chatroom. Which means discussions can get heated quite easily.

edit: Im too slow. Lilith beat me to it.

Hehe, sorry.

I wish we had a chat room, tbh

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Even when Hrouda was there, he was the only one posting always referring to “I’ll see what the team says” and rarely giving feedback. Also he mostly stopped posting in or around March 2013, much before he was fired (August 2013).

Still, I treasure the thought of any dev actually caring for this subforum even as little as Hrouda did back in his time.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

It’s the thought that counts, even if they didn’t block off all the points to the boat.

I was trying to be nice anyway, and then I got a post infracted because I wrote that ArenaNet can’t stand the idea of interacting with the dungeon community since that’s apparently a personal attack towards their staff despite the fact that they moved my thread to trashcan dungeon forum.

Actually you didn’t. Personal attacks instantly max out your infractions and give 2 weeks ban.

It’s great that at least you are so friendly and constructive instead of calling everyone terrible or venomous.

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

There is actualy a way for them to dimostrate they actualy care about dungeons community: Fix the LFG tool, get it off of beta; I don’t think we need more than that, this is all I ask.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

It’s great that at least you are so friendly and constructive instead of calling everyone terrible or venomous.

BOOM! HEADSHOT

LittleLepton.8915

There is actualy a way for them to dimostrate they actualy care about dungeons community: Fix the LFG tool, get it off of beta; I don’t think we need more than that, this is all I ask.

I’ll just say, this is not all we need for dungeons to feel less like Anet’s red-headed stepchild. IMO.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Late to the party missed all the fun.

I agree with OP 100% dungeons get no love. When they do get attention as in the case of Fractals things went from bad to worse. (could be considered opinion but it is a widely held opinion which gives it some weight) When this particular group has something to say it gets largely over looked. This makes things even more toxic.

Swiftpaw was on to something but it looks like their post was deleted, shame.

Though the thread was about Dungeons and the Dungeon subforum moving it to that subforum and out of General Discussion was effectively sweeping it under the rug. Poor judgement was used here, this needs exposure. Don’t think so, imagine if your favorite part of GW2 went largely ignored and they pulled the team responsible for working on it how would you feel?

I was interested in Wildstar until I saw the publisher, one game from them is enough. Though I can’t wait for its release GW2 needs contemporary competition.

If we actually got some kind of interaction from a developer on here from time to time like other subforums things probably wouldn’t be so bad. This is why many posts in which a dev had posted from a year ago were bumped to the top about 2 weeks ago.

We are sending our messages and concerns in different ways some of them may be not the most pleasant but it probably wouldn’t have got this way if this particular community didn’t feel as alienated as it does.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Stuff like this makes me happy I never wander anywhere near Arah. What a poorly designed dungeon. Well most of the dungeons in the game are terrible, but I can get some minor amount of fun out of them. I had no issue in GW1 with doing Underworld (with its overlapping quest unfair wipes), Fissure of Woe (with its npc’s that run off and fail the mission for you) and Domain of Anguish (with its gimmicks). Even The Deep and Urgoz Warren were fun, and decently designed. I had a blast in there.

This is not the case with GW2. I’m not getting anywhere near Arah after having done some of the paths. Apart from the Lupi fight, there’s nothing in those dungeon paths worth the time, hassle and armor repair grind.

It’s a shame that dungeons as a whole are being neglected, and the dungeon community in the process. This game deserves better dungeons. WE deserve better dungeons.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

J Eberle.9312

We don’t deserve anything because we do not have enough monetary value vs the wvw’ers and pvp’ers.

mahariel.4981

Actually you didn’t. Personal attacks instantly max out your infractions and give 2 weeks ban.

“We expect all community members to be respectful of one another and that includes our staff. Do not engage in personal attacks against ArenaNet staff. Please note that abuse of staff members or moderators in forum posts, private messages, or email appeals may result in forum account termination. You have been warned.”

Is the message I got.

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

I sometimes deal w/ our customers to solve technical problems and I noticed if customers are angry, it means they still want to keep the relationship. Once they don’t care anymore, they just quietly walk away and it would take years for the bad memory to fade away for them to come back.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

“We expect all community members to be respectful of one another and that includes our staff. Do not engage in personal attacks against ArenaNet staff. Please note that abuse of staff members or moderators in forum posts, private messages, or email appeals may result in forum account termination. You have been warned.”

Is the message I got.

Apparently you are more equal than me. Have you bought any gems lately?

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I sometimes deal w/ our customers to solve technical problems and I noticed if customers are angry, it means they still want to keep the relationship. Once they don’t care anymore, they just quietly walk away and it would take years for the bad memory to fade away for them to come back.

This is a good point. Right now some of GW2’s customers are not satisfied, and express their dislike. And it’s healthy to communicate with them, and let them know that their concerns are heard. But once the customers stop complaining, that probably means they left.

mahariel.4981

Is the message I got.

Apparently you are more equal than me. Have you bought any gems lately?

Yes. And altogether I’ve probably spent around ~£100 on gems throughout the time I’ve played this game and my thread was still blanked, so I feel like no longer buying purely out of principle now.

J Eberle.9312

I don’t think we will ever get an official response to this

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

Keep the comments coming imo, I want this a top thread.

It’s a multipage thread in the Dungeon subforum. I think that makes it a top thread tbh.

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

I don’t think we will ever get an official response to this

There is only one possible ANet statement in this forum: “Blah blah … please keep the tone civil … blah blah.” Nothing else.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Last night I joined a random team for Ascalon Catacombs part 3, and of course they were stacking at every single encounter. We cheesed through the whole dungeon, getting Kholer stuck in the corner, as well as the Spider Queen, and Colossus Exploitus. I don’t mind, it was a smooth run, but the game has been out for a year now. The dungeons were terrible on release, they clearly did a rush job on them. But this is 2014, and I think it is reasonable for us to expect some improvements to the dungeons now.

Boss fights have to be improved, so melee bosses can deal with player stacking. Boss fights also need to use proper PVE debuffs and stability to counter the skills of the players. Defiant needs to go, it’s a cheap gimmick that prevents stun locking by completely taking out control skills against bosses. The reduced blind effectiveness thing needs to go too. It makes blind useless against bosses. Blind should work against bosses, they should simply have a way to cleanse it.

It is about time some of the developers stepped up to the challenge, and tackled these design issues. We need better dungeons, and we need smarter boss designs.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

You do realise the forum has only gotten like this because of the lack of developer interaction.

Other areas do not have dev interaction and aren’t like this at all. Players create their own environments through their own communication and language. Blaming the devs for the toxic air in this subforum is irresponsible.

mahariel.4981

Why do you even exist?

LittleLepton.8915

You do realise the forum has only gotten like this because of the lack of developer interaction.

Other areas do not have dev interaction and aren’t like this at all. Players create their own environments through their own communication and language. Blaming the devs for the toxic air in this subforum is irresponsible.

I’d like to posit that no other section of the game is as screwed up as the dungeons.

And things that might be more screwed up have tons of developer interaction (pvp, even wvw).

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Obtena.7952

Sorry, did I ruin another ‘discussion’?

This community is ‘ignored’ for obvious reasons. The game doesn’t cater to it’s most capable members. Second, a certain vocal population doesn’t respect anything outside it’s own vision of how to play.

I’d like to posit that no other section of the game is as screwed up as the dungeons.

That’s a community issue. People need to recognize what kind of audience this game caters to. You think devs are going to be more or less willing to work with a hostile community?

(edited by Obtena.7952)

LittleLepton.8915

it doesn’t respect anything outside it’s own vision of how to play.

I’d posit that neither does the community that fights it.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

J Eberle.9312

You’re here for one thing and one thing only, to stir up trouble. You’re not here for constructive conversation. You are part of the problem that you complain about.

(edited by J Eberle.9312)

LittleLepton.8915

This community is ‘ignored’ for obvious reasons. The game doesn’t cater to it’s most capable members. Second, a certain vocal population doesn’t respect anything outside it’s own vision of how to play.

That’s a community issue. People need to recognize what kind of audience this game caters to.

I’m not sure you’re making the point you’re attempting to. Basically, what you’re saying is what we are saying. The game doesn’t care about an entire community, and that’s not okay.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

J Eberle.9312

The whole purpose of this thread and most of the others in this forum is to make trouble. I should fit right in.

Got that quoted before you deleted it

Btw this thread is constructive, read the OP. It’s certain people commenting that are causing issues.

Obtena.7952

The point is that the community plays a role in how the devs interact with it. This one simply doesn’t ‘play well’ with others. I would love for more dungeon discussion with the devs, but unfortunately, the community won’t allow this to happen.

mahariel.4981

The whole purpose of this thread and most of the others in this forum is to make trouble. I should fit right in.

Got that quoted before you deleted it

If you actually read my opening post Obtena, I was trying to be constructive because I wanted a mature discussion.

Why have you then decided to troll my thread?

Obtena.7952

My posts aren’t trolling just because you don’t like my position on why this community doesn’t get the attention it demands. I want what you want. I just recognize the role that the community has in fostering a good relationship with the devs. This community doesn’t have a chance in hell.

The answer is: community as a whole needs to start acting ‘nicer’.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

J Eberle.9312

You blatantly said you were here to stir up trouble, then deleted it and edited all your inflammatory posts.

Starting with yourself is proving to be a good idea.

LittleLepton.8915

Okay here’s some numbers.

29 posts on front page.
5 are initially posted by what I’d call “dungeon regulars”. 3 of them are constructive.
24 posts are by dungeon questioners. Only 11 are constructive.

Statistically, who is the problem here? The people answering the questions, or the people starting problems and huge heated threads?

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

There are 4 main communities. PvP, WvW, casual pve and dungeon pve. All of them get plenty of dev interaction apart from the dungeon community. How is that ok? And id argue pvp is a far more toxic community yet they get plenty of interaction.

The only reason this subforum seems toxic is because its become like a chatroom for a bunch of players that know each other. Its like a circle of people who have the same opinions and ideas. We get asked stupid questions and flamed and you wonder why things have gotten like this?

If devs interacted with this subforum more you would get more useful and constructive topics instead of repeated complaint threads which have the same answer every single time. With more constructive threads you get a much friendlier more welcoming subforum. And more new posters as a result.

LittleLepton.8915

There are 4 main communities. PvP, WvW, casual pve and dungeon pve. All of them get plenty of dev interaction apart from the dungeon community. How is that ok? And id argue pvp is a far more toxic community yet they get plenty of interaction.

The only reason this subforum seems toxic is because its become like a chatroom for a bunch of players that know each other. Its like a circle of people who have the same opinions and ideas. We get asked stupid questions and flamed and you wonder why things have gotten like this?

If devs interacted with this subforum more you would get more useful and constructive topics instead of repeated complaint threads which have the same answer every single time. With more constructive threads you get a much friendlier more welcoming subforum. And more new posters as a result.

I think this really sums it up nicely. +1

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

mahariel.4981

My posts aren’t trolling just because you don’t like my position on why this community doesn’t get the attention it demands. I want what you want. I just recognize the role that the community has in fostering a good relationship with the devs. This community doesn’t have a chance in hell.

You’re not interested in our plight, you’re literally just here to irritate people.

Get out.

Obtena.7952

This exclusivity is part of the problem and it stems from the “play this way” ideals.