Dungeons are rediculous now.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Without the ability to respawn in combat with no difficulty decrease, dungeons are now long and rediculous.

Reduce the amount of damage/HP mobs do and reduce there HP.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

It’s the first day of the new changes, give them time. When something utterly breaks a game mode Anet will fix it. For example the free world transfers (which many PvE players had wanted) were cancelled entirely due to exploit guilds using them to cheat the WvW ranking system. If this is still broken in a fortnight with no fix announced, then we can call it ridiculous.

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

Ridiculous is the word you are looking for.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Posted by: angan.6572

angan.6572

This is THE MOST IDIOTIC thing ArenaNet has done in the game. Are they serious about that? Why i can’t respawn when team is in combat?

How do you expect people to run dungeons now ? Pug groups have hard time enough finishing dungeons with the level of difficulty they are in now ?

Tried Sorrows Embrace path 2 and Citadel of flame after this patch. Is nearly impossible to complete them with random groups. If you don’t go with full dps group how do you expect to kill the adds to protect the NPC until it charges the bomb at 100% ??

Either decrease the level of difficulty of the dungeons, or revert this idiotic decision.

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Awesome change. +1 to Anet.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

Posted by: Bars T Death.6451

Bars T Death.6451

No wp rez now well thats no more dungeons for me then same reason why i dont do fractals sometime theres no way to get to rez team mates

Jade Quarry
All lvl 80’s

Posted by: curtis.8976

curtis.8976

i agree about the path 2 of cof its just too much, i do dungeons to make money not spend more money then im making on repairs.

Posted by: Kareth.6572

Kareth.6572

Blah, blah blah, I cant farm tokens, karma and so, blah, blah, blah – isnt it supposed to be a challenge?

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

It’s the same for fractals and it works well there.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: angan.6572

angan.6572

Blah, blah blah, I cant farm tokens, karma and so, blah, blah, blah – isnt it supposed to be a challenge?

I don’t see any challenge at all in it. What’s the point anymore of doing a dungeon that will require you an hour to get ~40 silver and spent 11+ on armor repairs ?

Really challenging and fun…. not !

Posted by: rultax.2604

rultax.2604

Ehmry Bay

Posted by: Zlociutki.9165

Zlociutki.9165

You can always buy a Revive Orb from TP.

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

Yes, but fun should be in there somewhere. My gut feels a lot of people are turned off by them and why not? Are they even fun? Perhaps you like the loot, but take that out, are they really that fun? They seem pretty generic to me.

Now one may like them, but I find their dungeons about the worst I’ve played of any mainstream mmo and I’m not exaggerating, feels like a totally different game when you go in them.

Posted by: Koga.7215

Koga.7215

This is THE MOST IDIOTIC thing ArenaNet has done in the game. Are they serious about that? Why i can’t respawn when team is in combat?

How do you expect people to run dungeons now ? Pug groups have hard time enough finishing dungeons with the level of difficulty they are in now ?

Tried Sorrows Embrace path 2 and Citadel of flame after this patch. Is nearly impossible to complete them with random groups. If you don’t go with full dps group how do you expect to kill the adds to protect the NPC until it charges the bomb at 100% ??

Either decrease the level of difficulty of the dungeons, or revert this idiotic decision.

read the note, they rebuilt this part to be different now, and it was easy to kill them before anyways

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I don’t see any challenge at all in it. What’s the point anymore of doing a dungeon that will require you an hour to get ~40 silver and spent 11+ on armor repairs ?

Really you don’t see it ? You are paying 11 silver and taking an hour to do a dungeon and you don’t see the challenge ?
Except for Arah p1.2.4 there isn’t a path that cannot be done under an hour and without deaths. There’s you challenge : stop dying and taking your sweet time.

Before Anet allowed mistakes and tactics that everyone could do by using WP to come back. Now think a little more if you are about to die.
A lot of people loved to use CoF path 3 as an example because the boss could knock you in the middle of lava where no one could resurrect you. But guess what ? You can position yourself to prevent that : there are certain places where you’ll be knock on hard ground.
Doing Giganticus ? Maybe die near walls so someone can come to resurrect you while the rest of the team is keeping it busy.

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Good luck with CoE. Buy Charged Lodestones while they’re only 3g, because no PUGs will be completing this dungeon.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

Concentrate on not dying, if you need to tweak some traits or gear to increase your success in dungeons then just do it. If you need to start using team based utilities then do it. If someone goes down, make sure to get them back up as quick as possible.

Every time you go down, dont think blah anet! think what could I have done to prevent this, what could my team mates done to have prevented this.

if you’re that guy in full zerker and full dps traits that has no idea how to dodge and was getting 11s repair bills before the patch then you probably need to think about adjusting your playstyle

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Posted by: Fiif.1684

Fiif.1684

Wait what you can no longer respawn in combat? Thank everything holy I decide to day to come back to guild wars 2, today is a good day:)

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

Start learning your class and stop dying really helps making dungeons go fast. You shouldn’t be dying in dungeons in the first place.

Posted by: Lunarain.8430

Lunarain.8430

just did fotm 10 currently at 17 got the dredge ice elemental, and it’s completly different now. the elemental now applys agony 100% of the time. how are we even suppose to do this

Ferguson’s Crossing [Yarr]
Alice Loss (Mesmer)
Angelica Loss (Thief)

Posted by: Calvary.2946

Calvary.2946

If this is the way it is gonna be give us the holy trinity of mmo, tank heal dps. Otherwise leave as it was.

Posted by: Kalsoa.5962

Kalsoa.5962

Yeah, I don’t think I’m gonna be bothering with dungeons any more. All this does is increase frustration and make people ragequit, making PUG formed dungeons runs impossible. This does not increase enjoyment whatsoever. Thumbs down.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

All the people in this post casually dismissing the fact that the current state of dungeons (like cof p2) is near impossible for pub groups either haven’t tried those dungeons post patch or are trolling.

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

How do you expect people to run dungeons now ?

Properly, or not at all?

Everyone complaining sounds just like the players complaining at Beta because AC was “omg impossible”, to paraphrase. You learn, you adapt, you IMPROVE. Why is it wrong for ArenaNet to not want people to stagnate and get lazy?

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

All the people in this post casually dismissing the fact that the current state of dungeons (like cof p2) is near impossible for pub groups either haven’t tried those dungeons post patch or are trolling.

Is the new CoF p2 Assassin encounter difficult?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: Flowerpower.6795

Flowerpower.6795

I like this. Those wp-runs are boring and no fun i think. I mean everybody in your group just maximize his dmg and if he dies he respawn and get into the fight again? That’s not really challenging but boring as hell.

Now we need support Characters who try to reduce the dmg of enemys and/or heal allies. We don’t need a tank as long as we can dodge but i think the ability to heal should be there. For example my support Necromancer has some good groupheals, res signet and a) area blind or b) condition removal (vs direct dmg/ condition dmg) + some options for the elite skill. (plaque for more area blind for example)

With this kind of “prot monk” (dmg reduce) and one Support Ele, Guardian or Engineer + DD’s we finish those Dungeons.
For those who don’t like this challenge, who don’t like to play as a team go and play dynamic events, hotbutton pvp, the personal story or something else but leave this last thing to people who like teamplay. (except Dungeons, where do you need an organized team in pve right now? 0o)
Sorry for my bad english. It’s late and I’m a Dr. King Schultz x)

DeathPanel.8362

Is the new CoF p2 Assassin encounter difficult?

For a pub team, near impossible.

That’s just a minor example, there are plenty of other dungeons with really frustrating encounters that were just made even more so by this patch.

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

You can always buy a Revive Orb from TP.

Guess they have to sell the cash shop cheat items somehow. This is the only concerning element for me about this change: it looks as if they made the game less fun in order to make people buy more cash shop items. That’s a very slippery, very steep slope for any buy-to-play MMO.

DeathPanel.8362

How do you expect people to run dungeons now ?

Properly, or not at all?

Everyone complaining sounds just like the players complaining at Beta because AC was “omg impossible”, to paraphrase. You learn, you adapt, you IMPROVE. Why is it wrong for ArenaNet to not want people to stagnate and get lazy?

That’s a good way to lose more casual players.

The whole business plan of ANet requires a very large player base and being more casual is the whole point of GW2, and ailenating parts of that player base with a patch that does nothing but bring frustration to some players is not a good idea.

Posted by: asterof.5691

asterof.5691

I think the Dungeons are to difficult now. Most require at least one well
geared level 80 to succeed with out hours of dieing.
To do away with the ability to rez to a waypoint will just cause me for one
to stop them altogether, thus reducing the enjoyment of the game a little more.
It is things like this that cause a reduction in players. Think hard about this boys.

Posted by: asterof.5691

asterof.5691

Comments like this are what cause all games to reduce the number of servers
and only these clowns are left.

“Casuals are just mad cause they’re bad. Great change Arenanet. Finally you’re starting to do something right.”

Posted by: Wreckdum.8367

Wreckdum.8367

Everyone posting here hasn’t done all the dungeons yet. They are wanna be elitist/trolls. Telling you you’re not good enough even though they haven’t even attempted the new dungeons.

The whole point of the thread isn’t that they shouldn’t have removed rez rushing. It’s that they should have done all their changes in one patch instead of putting the most useless half first and making everyone wait for the final product.

They should have just left it alone. Finished their work. Released it as one update.

Basically they just built you a car chassis first. They’ll get you the engine and wheels later. Just chill on those bricks until it’s ready.

Rex Smashington – 80 Norn Warrior <Tyrians United Retard Division> Yak’s Bend
“That big kitten Norn with The Juggernaut”

Posted by: Libertys Knight.4520

Libertys Knight.4520

NO Re-Spawn while in combat ? If you are serious about this. Why not just put a time limit before re-spawn ? 5-10 secs seems fair .

SoR Server
Libertys Knight 80 Warrior, Mrs Liberty 80 Ranger
Hitechredneck 80 Guard, Legendary Bozo 80 Mez

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

Basically they just built you a car chassis first. They’ll get you the engine and wheels later. Just chill on those bricks until it’s ready.

Although I believe that something I hand over hard earned for and comes in a sealed packet should be ready from the get-go, I do agree with the above sentiment. MMOs always need tweaking.

That said: if I walked into a car dealer and they took $15k off me and gave me a chassis and a promise, I’d thump him.

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

Posted by: Kaylenn.5197

Kaylenn.5197

There are a lot more casual players than elite players (by definition, if you have a large player base, not everyone can possibly be as awesome as the people who like this change), and a lot more players who do dungeons only to farm tokens/gold than to be challenged (otherwise known as “frustrated”). I was just getting into dungeons. I’ve only run a few with PUGs, and without the waypoint thing, we’d have never finished them. I have a feeling I’ll be among those not bothering to do dungeons at all.

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

^I like that analogy. I haven’t done a dungeon post patch yet but are they really that bad?

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Posted by: DandySlayer.7019

DandySlayer.7019

Just did path 2 in CoF and I LOVED IT!!!!! It was actually fun!!!!!!

Posted by: soulcleaver.2493

soulcleaver.2493

GW2 is a great game. It outshines other MMO’s in so many ways. However in dungeons and boss fights it lacks the ability of players to “tank” and “heal” . There are classes that can handle a few hits, but most classes lack the survivability to stand and hold a bosses interests for a duration. More often players depend on mob random targeting. (ie lets hope it hits someone else a bit, while my heal recharges). It also lacks classes dedicated to heals. There is not a “heal” class or build type. This is unfortunately, because almost all long term popular MMO’s depend on this type of character. (even roleplay games recognize the need of a healer).

I strongly believe the designers of GW2 need to relook at this short coming and deal with it sooner than later.

With a game that excels in so many areas, i find it hard to believe that they would allow this to continue to be a problem. My wife a long time player has enjoyed playing a healer on many different MMO’s. I think the designers should relook at this and correct this now……

Posted by: Sovelor.4082

Sovelor.4082

I have a great idea… Arena should just implement 100% chance for precursors at any given dungeon chest, make the bosses a “whoever hits 5 times wins” battles, reward them around 74.39g per run and of course reduce the legendary cost by 8/9… Then some ppl will once again cry about 5 hits being too much of a tiring battle and have them reduced to 3, 74.39g per run will not even be able to compensate for the 82 seconds they spend in a dungeon and they will ask for more… And once they have more they will cry about how the game became easy mode like WoW and will stop playing… So… If you can’t adapt to the changes it is your problem… If you can’t play GW2 as the developers make it, go play Pac-Man… Maybe there you can adapt to the tactics… And if you are over 13 and still cry over this topic, I will gladly accept the invitation to the beta of your new online game where you do it better…

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Another thing that might help those ready to rage-quit dungeons: EAT YOUR FOOD BUFFS!

I’m still seeing people with no food buffs running dungeons. Those buffs are no joke, they really do help, from getting might on crits, life steal on crits, to might on dodge and a huge chance to remove conditions when you heal or just simply regen HP constantly to save you from needing to spam your heal.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

What is the point of having level limits on these dungeons if everyone obviously has to be 80 to complete them..

Also with no reward updates and making the dungeons harder to complete, what incentive is there to do them?

DeathPanel.8362

Another thing that might help those ready to rage-quit dungeons: EAT YOUR FOOD BUFFS!

I’m still seeing people with no food buffs running dungeons. Those buffs are no joke, they really do help, from getting might on crits, life steal on crits, to might on dodge and a huge chance to remove conditions when you heal or just simply regen HP constantly to save you from needing to spam your heal.

Is this the MMO’s version of, “let them eat cake”?

You do realize more casual players don’t even know which food to get or even what food buffs do right?

Not to mention alot of players run those dungeons in order to get GEARED in the first place and are only decked out in only greens/blues.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Good luck with CoE. Buy Charged Lodestones while they’re only 3g, because no PUGs will be completing this dungeon.

Just did all 3 paths. Easy. No wipes whatsoever!

All you gotta do is stack while the person with Ice stays the heck away. 90% of the time, the only reason people die at alpha is because the person with Ice isn’t paying attention.

And if stacking is messy, the timing to dodge is about 2 seconds. Still very easy.

CoE is easy. I have no idea why people have trouble with it?

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Is this the MMO’s version of, “let them eat cake”?

You do realize more casual players don’t even know which food to get or even what food buffs do right?

Not to mention alot of players run those dungeons in order to get GEARED in the first place and are only decked out in only greens/blues.

I’m not sure what your argument is.

Are you fighting to keep people ignorant? Or making the point that green geared people can’t drop 10copper on some pie or ghost poppers?

Posted by: Sovelor.4082

Sovelor.4082

GW2 is a great game. It outshines other MMO’s in so many ways. However in dungeons and boss fights it lacks the ability of players to “tank” and “heal” . There are classes that can handle a few hits, but most classes lack the survivability to stand and hold a bosses interests for a duration. More often players depend on mob random targeting. (ie lets hope it hits someone else a bit, while my heal recharges). It also lacks classes dedicated to heals. There is not a “heal” class or build type. This is unfortunately, because almost all long term popular MMO’s depend on this type of character. (even roleplay games recognize the need of a healer).

I strongly believe the designers of GW2 need to relook at this short coming and deal with it sooner than later.

With a game that excels in so many areas, i find it hard to believe that they would allow this to continue to be a problem. My wife a long time player has enjoyed playing a healer on many different MMO’s. I think the designers should relook at this and correct this now……

Healing is in the game… And healers are also in there with the right builds… We just need to have skills in order to get healed other than wait for the heals to come to us, and blame someone when they don’t… The developers did a great job in making all of us incapable of blaming others for our failures… So for all who flame in this post I can say one thing… If you can’t do it, probably it is your fault… Blame yourself, flame yourself, change yourself and if you do all that then flame the others and the developers… The only major thing they had done wrong so far was the Fractal disconnects that has already been fixed…

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Stop saying that casual players = bad players. There are enough casual players who do really well in dungeons.
And on the other side, there are players who have done the same path more than 20 times and still die (not down) 3-4 time in it…1 is in accident, 2 is is starting to feel like you are being carried by your team and that you have yet to learn the proper way of doing the dungeon.

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

lolz so now that you actually need to do the instance you cry xD funny funny… l2p…

i suggest you start with the low lvl dungeons and work your way up till you got the skills to take the harder once…

just wait till all exploiting and kitten have been completely fixed and no more skipping owwww happy day
(then with any luck they will start to look at encounters to make them more intertaining to do..))

Posted by: Lipin.7529

Lipin.7529

If u are dying, you are doing something wrong.

Posted by: ower.9143

ower.9143

oh, so in typical Anet fashion they release something half done

Posted by: FrozenVeins.7236

FrozenVeins.7236

Agreed!! The whole no one can respawn while anyone is in combat thing stinks! Things that were quick can take forever with the wrong group. Say goodbye to people helping anyone that’s new to the game make it through dungeons. Ruining the gaming experience for some and making dungeons only fun for the more experienced gamer. I don’t care about not being able to skip things mostly because I like the drops and xp but this is pretty stupid.

(edited by FrozenVeins.7236)