I would like my 250 ectos back please

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It’s not really a loss. What’s happening is that Infused Ascended gear are getting the innate +5 AR replaced with a second Infusion slot (that apparently only accepts Agony Resist infusions). What the 250 Ectos and other stuff is paying for is the ability to have a second Infusion slot that could potentially hold up to +10 AR or even higher. It is meant solely for players who like to challenge themselves at the upper limits of Fractals.

The average player will likely never progress beyond Fractals level 30, and can probably get away with just one infusion slot on his Rings/Backpieces. The cheaper AR infusions that can be crafted via Artificer is there to fulfil this need.

Basically, this change is similar to the introduction of Ascended gear. Massive grinding/work/money is required to get BiS, but the BiS only offers a tiny increase in power as compared to the previous level.

Posted by: Anicetus.1253

Anicetus.1253

Could have been worse, imagine they’d remove infusions. I just spent about 600g on infusions.

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Could have been worse, imagine they’d remove infusions. I just spent about 600g on infusions.

Same. I was debating between +40 precision or a legendary. Precision won.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Just so we’re clear, I do not believe that people who made Infused gear are actually being screwed over in this regard. As far as I understand it, you can still gain infusions which have Agony Resistance (such as the Omni Infusion from the vendor, or the ones you make in the Mystic Forge), but they are creating a WHOLE NEW CATEGORY of infusions called “Agony Resistance Infusions”, not to be confused with Infusions which so happen to have Agony Resistance. Agony Resistance Infusions only fit into items which have an Agony Resistance Infusion Slot, not to be confused with a regular Infusion Slot. The items which will have an Agony Resistance Infusion Slot will be items that were once Infused. And of course, the changes are to items which are Infused, not to be confused with items which simply have Infusions.

Ugh, could you guys have chosen possibly more confusing terminology? I will still somehow able to understand the vague ramblings in the preview notes and subsequent clarifications by the devs after looking over it for a while.

(edited by Neko.9021)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

If the recipe with 250 ectos is still required to unlock this new infusion slot then we have nothing to complain about. If however it is no longer needed then I wasted 750 ectos on upgrading b4 i transmuted to backpiece skins I wanted. I wont be happy if thats the case.

Posted by: Lamir.6702

Lamir.6702

I’m curious as to what the practical purpose of that change will be since according to a dev post 50 will still be the maximum level. I guess it’s just there when they actually make higher levels of fractals above 50 available for whatever arbitrary reason and you need to grind out that AR slot to higher than +5.

(edited by Lamir.6702)

Posted by: Sarathor.2409

Sarathor.2409

I’m curious as to what the practical purpose of that change will be since according to a dev post 50 will still be the maximum level. I guess it’s just there when they actually make higher levels of fractals above 50 available for whatever arbitrary reason and you need to grind out that AR slot to higher than +5.

My guess is so it’s easier to achieve the AR necessary to reach 40+ w/o need the need to get all the ascended items.

For instance, if you infuse two rings, and put a 10 AR infusion into it, and your +5 as well, in addition to 10 AR in your back slot, you’ll have 40 AR which is enough to do 30-39. Where as you’ll need, currently, at least 5 ascended items to get the 40 AR needed to get the lowest Agony damage from a fractal.

I think it was made this way to help players do high fractals without needing to grind 20 dailies for the two rings they need (if they’re unlucky with RNG), or need to have everything (weapons, amulet, 2 rings, 2 accessories, and a back piece) in order to achieve the lowest damage possible with 40+ fractals.

Currently, assuming you can only get +5 AR on the armor, the max AR you can get would be 85, but these new slots would allow you to go further than that. So let’s look at the trend of AR right now.

0-9 = 0 AR
10-19 = 10 AR
20-29 = 25 AR
30-39 = 40 AR
40-45 = 55 AR

As you can see, after 10-19, the trend is +15 AR needed per 10 levels. If this trend continues…

50-59 = 70 AR
60-69 = 85 AR (where we would theoretically be with armor giving 5 AR)
70-79 = 100 AR
80 = 115 AR

This is obviously a theory based on trends, but as you can see, those extra infusion slots that be slotted with infusion much higher than 5, they’ll become very important to people attempting to do 70-80 fractals.

If they stay on the trend of +15 AR per 10 levels, and the armor will only give +5AR per piece, we’re looking at aiming for +15 infusions for the three infused items to be able to go all the way to 80 when it opens up.

Once again, just a theory.

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

If the recipe with 250 ectos is still required to unlock this new infusion slot then we have nothing to complain about. If however it is no longer needed then I wasted 750 ectos on upgrading b4 i transmuted to backpiece skins I wanted. I wont be happy if thats the case.

Pretty much this. only time will tell.

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

I do not think it’s the case. The way I read it is you have 1 new slot and every time you finish a set of fractal, you earn 1 AR infusion. 2 1AR Infusion + 1 Thermo Agent = 1 2AR infusion. 2 2AR infusion + 1 Thermo Agent = 1 3AR infusion. And you keep doing it til you got whatever. I don’t need to do the math but I can tell you that to get 5AR in that slot is way cheaper than 250 ectos that cost 83 golds to infuse. I also think the coding is already in place so there is no way, they will change it.

I want my 750 ectos back.

Ed for clarity.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

But thats the thing i believe that type of slot is only available to those who have used the recipe. So we dont lose anything. If not then yea we have a right to be kitten ed.

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

Patch notes say: “a new agony resist infusion slot has been added to all infused … backpacks”

It sounds to me that the new slot is only present for backpieces with (Infused) in the name, and this is in addition to the offensive or defensive slot already on the item. So

• Prototype Fractal Capacitor will not have the new slot.
  • Beta Fractal Capacitor (Infused) will have it.
  • Fractal Capacitor (Infused) will have it
  • Quiver of Swift Flight will not have it.
  • Quiver of Swift Flight (Infused) will have it
    etc.

So unless they also change the upgrade recipes you’ll still need a stack of ectos. Those of us already used the upgrade recipes start with a +5AR infusion slotted in so our AR is not reduced by the update. Upgrades performed after the patch will create items with an empty slot.

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Patch notes say: “a new agony resist infusion slot has been added to all infused … backpacks”

It sounds to me that the new slot is only present for backpieces with (Infused) in the name, and this is in addition to the offensive or defensive slot already on the item. So

etc.

So unless they also change the upgrade recipes you’ll still need a stack of ectos. Those of us already used the upgrade recipes start with a +5AR infusion slotted in so our AR is not reduced by the update. Upgrades performed after the patch will create items with an empty slot.

Cool. Hope this is the case …

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

etc.

You should have written yesterday’s blog post. It was pandemonium up in here.

Posted by: Anicetus.1253

Anicetus.1253

I wish all ascended stuff gets that, or if not, at least make it so you don’t lose the infusions you put in then infusing the backpiece.

Posted by: MassDelusion.9130

MassDelusion.9130

You guys don’t understand anything

We paid 250ectos to infuse it. After this update it means we have a 2ND INFUSIONS SLOT THAT CAN GO UP TO +10 Agony Resist, where as everyone else can only have 1 infusion slot that only holds up to +5 agony resist if they didn’t invest 250ectos.

So, if you paid 250 ectos to infuse
you have…
1 Normal Infusion slot that can hold +5
1 New infusion Slot that can hold +10

You can now have +15 on you’re backpiece if you paid 250 ectos.

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

let us buy BL salvage kits for relics and laurels then. (and call him “Fractal Salvage Kits” or something…)

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

You guys don’t understand anything

We paid 250ectos to infuse it. After this update it means we have a 2ND INFUSIONS SLOT THAT CAN GO UP TO +10 Agony Resist, where as everyone else can only have 1 infusion slot that only holds up to +5 agony resist if they didn’t invest 250ectos.

So, if you paid 250 ectos to infuse
you have…
1 Normal Infusion slot that can hold +5
1 New infusion Slot that can hold +10

You can now have +15 on you’re backpiece if you paid 250 ectos.

I’m not certain that’s how it works. There’s some talk going around that the new Agony Resistance infusions only fit into the Infused slot, but I think that sounds counterintuitive. Instead, I think that the new AR infusions can go into any infusion slot, but the new second slot on Infused Ascended backpieces/rings can only take AR infusions.

What this means is that you could have a player with 2 rings and a backpiece, giving him 3 infusion slots. He sticks +5 AR infusions in there. Total AR = +15.

Another player has 2 infused rings and an infused backpiece. He has 6 infusion slots, and he sticks +5 infusions in all of them. Total AR = +30.

Now, if Player 1 wants to go into higher Fractals, he can either create Infused Ascended gear, or he could put higher AR infusions into his 3 slots. (I think somebody calculated that it would take about 80g to make a +10 infusion, but to make a +20 infusion would cost a staggering 700g.)

So, at some point down the line, if Player 1 is really serious about doing level 30+ Fractals, they’ll need to invest in Infused rings/backpacks if they don’t want to be crippled by the costs of creating super-high AR infusions.

And of course, for the absolutely, truly dedicated Fractals runners who want to do 50, they’ll probably need Infused Ascended gear AND super-high AR infusions. It’s a massive gold sink, only designed for those who want to be the “rare few” who do level 50 Fractals.)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Players have to invest in infused ascended currently so I don’t see the issue.

Based on the costs, nobody will go past a +10 unless they get lucky and get the higher +AR to drop. You need way more than 700 gold for 20 AR. It’s very unrealistic that someone would get it by combining just +1 AR infusions.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Lol..

This is like buying a new TV for £1000, waiting months for it to go down to £400 then going back to the shop and asking for £600 back.

Not going to happen.

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Yeah I’d like my ecto back as well, infused 4 back pieces -.-

You guys realize they are just ADDING an infusion slot… Your AR will still be the same and you will not lose anything as far as the upgrades go.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Posted by: Bagel.4598

Bagel.4598

For the layman.
A non infused back item or ascended ring will have the infusion slot as regular items do.
This means you can have normal infusions in them.
To acquire agony resist you will need to have an Agony resist slot.
To get an agony resist slot you will need to infuse your ascended backpiece and rings.
Those who already have infused items you will have the +5 stat bonus (not the infusion slot) converted in to an Agony resist slot.
Those who do not have infused equipment will not have the agony resist slot, and in order to increase your agony resist you will need to infuse your equipment.

You are not losing anything, no one is gaining anything.
A stat is being swapped to a slot where you can upgrade the resist further.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

unless they changed the recipe as well and you can now infuse the items with 2 apples and a lollipop.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Most people bought the fractals back piece not for the item but to access higher levels of FotM. New content has made item useless. It has become a few expensive skin, that most people wouldn’t have wasted time and effort attaining. The back piece should be salvageable for cost of the ectos and fractal relics.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

No. The only reason to update it was for the inherent infusion. This has been changed to just a unique slot that is only available by upgrading. People upgraded to the last version for the glowing skin.

Nothing was changed that justified refunds.

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

No. The only reason to update it was for the inherent infusion. This has been changed to just a unique slot that is only available by upgrading. People upgraded to the last version for the glowing skin.

Nothing was changed that justified refunds.

It’s a necro post.

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

1st version cost 1350 fractal relics and does nothing. “This item does not have an upgrade slot”
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prototype_Fractal_Capacitor

2nd version Prototype Fractal Capacitor (Ascended) cost additional 500 fractal relics and has 1 infusion slot.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prototype_Fractal_Capacitor_

3rd version Beta Fractal Capacitor (Infused) cost additional 500 fractal relics and 250 globs of ectoplasm. 1infusion + 5AR. This was a required item for higher fractals.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Beta_Fractal_Capacitor_

So for the extra 10 AR you use to need you had to spend 2300 fractal relics + 250 globs of ectoplasm. That’s a a lot of wasted effort now that cheaper infusion items are available. 2300 fractal relics buys me an extra 15 × 20 slot bags for characters. 250 ecto anythere 90 gold. Most people opted to spend the extra 500 relics and 250 ecto to move onto the 4th shiny version only because they had already spent so much on getting to the 3rd version and had a ugly but necessary skin to play high end fractals.

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

1st version cost 1350 fractal relics and does nothing. “This item does not have an upgrade slot”
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prototype_Fractal_Capacitor

2nd version Prototype Fractal Capacitor (Ascended) cost additional 500 fractal relics and has 1 infusion slot.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prototype_Fractal_Capacitor_

3rd version Beta Fractal Capacitor (Infused) cost additional 500 fractal relics and 250 globs of ectoplasm. 1infusion + 5AR. This was a required item for higher fractals.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Beta_Fractal_Capacitor_

So for the extra 10 AR you use to need you had to spend 2300 fractal relics + 250 globs of ectoplasm. That’s a a lot of wasted effort now that cheaper infusion items are available. 2300 fractal relics buys me an extra 15 × 20 slot bags for characters. 250 ecto anythere 90 gold. Most people opted to spend the extra 500 relics and 250 ecto to move onto the 4th shiny version only because they had already spent so much on getting to the 3rd version and had a ugly but necessary skin to play high end fractals.

Doesn’t matter if you spent 1000 gold for the “useless” infusion slot, you paid that much knowing in advance and paid that much to get ahead.

[DONE]

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

[/quote]

Doesn’t matter if you spent 1000 gold for the “useless” infusion slot, you paid that much knowing in advance and paid that much to get ahead.[/quote]

Why did people with legendary get there weapons upgraded from exotic to ascended? They bought them knowing the existing stats.

Back piece wasn’t to bought to get ahead. It was purchased because it was required to play more difficult game content. GW2 needs more difficult content. If we knew that it wouldn’t have been needed, people wouldn’t have bought it.