In regards to those selling AC p1

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Beerdog.8742

Beerdog.8742

Q:

Hi,
I bought AC p1 via the LFG tool a second ago, and here is my question.

Are everyone selling AC p1 using some form of bug in order to skip parts of the dungeon?

Every seller I saw seemed to be a thief, and in the two instances I joined both were at the boss, despite not having done the hodgins’ parts.

I know that the selling of paths is allowed, and I actually regularly buy different paths due to time constraints. However is the act of bugging out the dungeon considered exploiting (there is definitely personal gain involved)? How do one report someone using exploits? And is it deemed acceptable by ANET to sell dungeon paths were exploits have been used?

Cheers
Beerdog

(edited by Beerdog.8742)

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

yes, I’m pretty sure AC sellers (lol) use exploits to get out of the map etc. no, ANet does not accept exploiting when path selling, but will not actively seek out and ban these exploiters.

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

tbh i think its disgusting but there will always be cheaters and people who will allow it, now you know they are exploiting so stop buying there paths, also most people who sell paths have already kicked there party and are reinviting for cash which is also an offence

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

I just saw a video of that (probably shouldn’t post it,) but yes they’re glitching under the map and using teleports to get back into it and skipping (all the) things.

Edit: Found the thread, that’ll do https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/AC-going-under-the-map/first#post3488856

(edited by Serval.6458)

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

tbh i think its disgusting but there will always be cheaters and people who will allow it, now you know they are exploiting so stop buying there paths, also most people who sell paths have already kicked there party and are reinviting for cash which is also an offence

I seriously doubt most path sellers are kicking their party and selling the instance. Otherwise there’d be a dozen topics here everyday about people getting kicked and the kickers listing the instance on the lfg.

RedCobra.7693

I seriously doubt most path sellers are kicking their party and selling the instance. Otherwise there’d be a dozen topics here everyday about people getting kicked and the kickers listing the instance on the lfg.

personal experience, yes they kick and sell, im one person with my friend who was kicked

laharl.8435

personal experience, yes they kick and sell, im one person with my friend who was kicked

That sucks you were kicked and I hope they get banned, but that’s a pretty small sample size to judge the entire community on.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Are we still talking about AC sellers? The way they exploit it, they don’t even need to kick anyone.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Until 2 months ago I was trioing it daily with my two buddies who’ve left the game now. Took us a little more time than a full party, mostly because we were leveling our alts at the same time (still faster than PuGs), but we always sold legit runs (which to me means killing kholer).

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

They do not kick and sell (well most don’t). It’s just so easy to take a thief-Shadow Arrow)/mesmer (Blink)/elementalist (Lightning flash), [Edit, didn’t see video] bug through the floor to kill the boss underwater… that kicking people is not necessary (I bet not even effecient, it’s quicker to skip about 55% of the path).

Snow Crows [SC]

(edited by Miku Lawrence.6329)

RedCobra.7693

They do not kick and sell (well most don’t). It’s just so easy to take a thief-Shadow Arrow)/mesmer (Blink)/elementalist (Lightning flash), [Edit, didn’t see video] bug through the floor to kill the boss underwater… that kicking people is not necessary (I bet not even effecient, it’s quicker to skip about 55% of the path).

on arah p4?

Miku Lawrence.6329

on arah p4?

On ACp1… That’s what the thread is about no?

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

on arah p4?

Well you can do the same with Arah p2, that’s why there’s so many p2 sellers and the price is so cheap…

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Let’s just focus on AC, because everyone knows it’s an exploit. For Arah p2, there are people out there who do it legitimately, speaking from my experience.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Miku Lawrence.6329

on arah p4?

Well you can do the same with Arah p2, that’s why there’s so many p2 sellers and the price is so cheap…

True, however that’s not 1g-1g5 like AC. + There is no way to solo AC the legit way so you know for sure that any seller has exploited.

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

Let’s just focus on AC, because everyone knows it’s an exploit. For Arah p2, there are people out there who do it legitimately, speaking from my experience.

I know that Iris dw

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

on arah p4?

True, however that’s not 1g-1g5 like AC. + There is no way to solo AC the legit way so you know for sure that any seller has exploited.

He is using some consumables that have been disabled in dungeons but it wouldn’t surprise me if there is still some way to do the burrow event solo.

Nova [rT]

Posted by: cifer.2357

cifer.2357

You don’t need to complete the burrow event to finish the path. If you teleport through the terrain, you can skip to the second last event where you find 5 scepter pieces. Then you can go straight to the last boss.

However legitimately it is possible to do the burrow event on ele with FGS/LH/Frostbow/Embers. I know some people who have gotten lucky.

Posted by: LittleLepton.8915

LittleLepton.8915

You don’t need to complete the burrow event to finish the path. If you teleport through the terrain, you can skip to the second last event where you find 5 scepter pieces. Then you can go straight to the last boss.

See that’s what they’re trying to avoid… ….because yeah.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Do they sell AC paths in NA because I haven’t seen any yet?
I want to buy to level my necro up as fast as I can. Jesus, it’s painful.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

dutchiez.7502

Be aware that you can only get the full 70% of level dungeon exp twice in a row before DR kicks in. It resets in about 30 minutes.

Nova [rT]

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Be aware that you can only get the full 70% of level dungeon exp twice in a row before DR kicks in. It resets in about 30 minutes.

Thank you. I keep that in mind.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Its the same as Arah. Thieves using SB #5 or Shadowstep, Mesmers using Blink and Ele’s using Lightning Flash to cheat up terrain and under the map.

Yes its an exploit and you shouldn’t buy paths from them. But will AN ban them? Not a chance, they’re too busy thinking up new, terrible gem store items and nerfing those who run dungeons legitimately.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

You can still solo path 3 to sell I guess.
It doesn’t have to be path 1. Which is easy to duo on war+ele, so it can be sold in a legit manner.

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Posted by: Fext.3614

Fext.3614

Q: why would you buy any path in AC? The only reason why to do AC is the money.

Posted by: Fext.3614

Fext.3614

But don’t you have to get a party vote to kick anyone?

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

Q: why would you buy any path in AC? The only reason why to do AC is the money.

exp for the very lazy who are levelling characters

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

But don’t you have to get a party vote to kick anyone?

Nope — just two people have to vote to kick.

Posted by: Beerdog.8742

Beerdog.8742

When I first discovered people were selling this path I always assumed that people just did it several times in a guild group.

Something like this: They do the dungeon once for the dailies, then again in less than ten minutes. Then the owner of the dungeon stays and tries to sell his 4 spots, while the other 4 complete the dungeon once again and completes the path yet again. Now the owner of this dungeon sells his 4 spots and the previous seller joins up with the group again. So 1 sells, 4 speed-clear it and then they just rotate the instance owner and splits the proceeds.

Then when I bought a path to level up one of my alts, I realized that this is by no means how it’s done. Instead everyone exploits the dungeon, and no legitimate seller has a fighting chance.

But is there really no way to report someone doing this. They aren’t botting, they aren’t scamming (they do uphold their end of the bargain), they don’t really abuse the LFG-system either.
So what should one do to help diminish the numbers of all these exploiters? Should one resort to spamming Anet’s mailbox?
Or is it nothing that can be done, other than to be sure to not buy any paths, that is sold on the AC-subsection of the LFG-system?

(edited by Beerdog.8742)

Posted by: kim possible.9406

kim possible.9406

i belive if anet really sees selling ac p1 or any other dungeon path that was completed by any kind of terrain skip as an exploit, all ppl who bought those paths once should be banned too!
why? because NOONE would even consider exploiting a dungeonpath if there was noone BUYING the slots! think about it! why should someone do it? for the 26silver !? no.. they do it because there are ppl paying hundreds of gold..

again if you want to reduce the amount of sold dungeon paths on the lfg tool, DONT buy paths yourselfe..

again, everyone who ever bought a dungeon path from a seller should be banned since they took part in the whole exploiting thing.. same thing with real world law.. if you do anything against the law (even if you didnt know it was forbidden), you still get punished for it.

why should it be different in gw !? 99% of ppl who buy paths already know that there was some sort of non legit skip used.. but i guess after a possible bannhammer, noone did know anything about it lol

dutchiez.7502

again, everyone who ever bought a dungeon path from a seller should be banned since they took part in the whole exploiting thing..

This may come as a shock to you but there are actually sellers that do everything legit.

Nova [rT]

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

again, everyone who ever bought a dungeon path from a seller should be banned since they took part in the whole exploiting thing..

This may come as a shock to you but there are actually sellers that do everything legit.

Attachments:

kim possible.9406

ofc there are.. thats why i wrote paths done by exploiting terrain… read before you post thx..

dutchiez.7502

i belive if anet really sees selling ac p1 or any other dungeon path that was completed by any kind of terrain skip as an exploit, all ppl who bought those paths once should be banned too!

Some people complete frequently exploited paths legitimately. Banning everyone who has sold/bought any of them is just stupid.

Nova [rT]

kim possible.9406

Some people complete frequently exploited paths legitimately. Banning everyone who has sold/bought any of them is just stupid.

and you just hit the nail on the head.. but still ppl are complaining about others selling paths no matter how they are done..

my point is and always was – dont buy a dungeon rush if you dont like the idea that there could be some skipping involved. if you buy a dungeon rush then stop QQing about paths been sold.

LittleLepton.8915

and you just hit the nail on the head.. but still ppl are complaining about others selling paths no matter how they are done..

my point is and always was – dont buy a dungeon rush if you dont like the idea that there could be some skipping involved. if you buy a dungeon rush then stop QQing about paths been sold.

No one who buys paths complain about them being sold.

#Logic

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

LittleLepton.8915

I’m extra grateful to my dungeon sellers who sell me dungeons. They solo Lupi, all waypoints are open, it’s a wonderful time and I appreciate their efforts and award them with my gold.

Dungeon sellers aren’t “bad” and you should eat your words because that’s very judgmental.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

I’m extra grateful to my dungeon sellers who sell me dungeons. They solo Lupi, all waypoints are open, it’s a wonderful time and I appreciate their efforts and award them with my gold.

Dungeon sellers aren’t “bad” and you should eat your words because that’s very judgmental.

If Arena Net meant for players to be able to get dungeon tokens in exchange for gold, they would simply have made the tokens tradable. Dungeon tokens (and achievements, etc.) are clearly meant to be rewards for players who are able to actually play their way through them.

You’re exploiting a flaw in the way the game gives rewards (i.e., it gives the full dungeon chest even to players who didn’t participate in any fights inside the dungeon), and most of the people you are paying are exploiting map bugs to get to the last boss without actually fighting the enemies, or are kicking other players before the last boss so they can sell their “slot”.

I’m not sure what’s sadder, that Arena Net has clearly given up on fixing its own dungeons (and pretends not to know about the exploits) or that some people buy a game and then prefer to pay other people to play it for them.

I guess it was inevitable that GW2 would get flooded with WoW-style “grinders”, who lack skill, don’t really like to play, and just want to accumulate pixels or increase some numbers. Well, it was fun during beta, and the first couple of months (despite all the bugs – most of which are still there anyway).

- Al Zheimer

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

and most of the people you are paying are exploiting map bugs to get to the last boss without actually fighting the enemies, or are kicking other players before the last boss so they can sell their “slot”.

Gathered some statistics did ya?

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Account.9832

It’s one thing to sell a slot in your group or charge a fee to guide others through a dungeon. That is obviously absolutely fine.

It’s quite another to “sell the last boss” (i.e., sell the dungeon chest to someone who didn’t do the dungeon) – that’s an exploit to circumvent the fact that dungeon tokens can’t be traded legitimately. If you really think that it’s acceptable for players to pay gold for tokens (without having to participate in the dungeon at all), then you should file a bug report about the inability to sell those tokens at the trading post.

Personally, I block and report anyone advertising “selling last boss 1%” or similar in LFG. It’s an exploit to circumvent the selling of tokens, the sellers know it’s an exploit, the buyers know it’s an exploit, and Arena Net knows it’s an exploit. Will they ever fix it? Considering some trivial events have been bugged since beta, my hopes aren’t too high. But a bug doesn’t become a feature just because it’s not fixed, and an exploit doesn’t become legit just because Arena Net pretends not to see it.

Will they ever ban anyone? Directly, I doubt it – they’re too scared of losing players. But more and more people are banning themselves (i.e., leaving) due to Arena Net’s inactivity, so in the end the result will be the same, except their image will also suffer, and people won’t trust them in the future. Other games / companies have gone through similar processes.

- Al Zheimer

Account.9832

Yes. Just ask them, most of them have no problem admitting it.

No one is going to do a full path legitimately solo (except as a challenge to themselves, but in that case they won’t be doing it for gold), it’s just too slow. You make more money by doing it normally, in a full group, because you can do a lot more paths in the same time. Whenever you see a single player (almost invariably a thief, mesmer or elementalist) “selling the last boss”, he obviously blinked out of the map and skipped everything.

- Al Zheimer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Its not really an exploit. Its more of an encouragement to do the path yourself. But if you dont want to you can find someone to sell you the end reward. This also means buying path completion achievements. Theres nothing wrong with this despite what you believe.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

No one is going to do a full path legitimately solo (except as a challenge to themselves, but in that case they won’t be doing it for gold), it’s just too slow. You make more money by doing it normally, in a full group, because you can do a lot more paths in the same time. Whenever you see a single player (almost invariably a thief, mesmer or elementalist) “selling the last boss”, he obviously blinked out of the map and skipped everything.

Actually you can make a lot more money by selling even when doing legit. Simply because path gold is daily. And those of us who can solo legit, can solo the paths faster than a pug.

Account.9832

And those of us who can solo legit, can solo the paths faster than a pug.

It’s basic maths. If a single player in your party can do the same damage you can, you kill the bosses in half the time. If they all do about the same damage, you kill the boss in 1/5th of the time (in fact, less than that, because everyone benefits from each other’s buffs). Maybe you’re just really unlucky and keep getting PUGs made up of four naked level 2 players who don’t move…?

Anyway, who said anything about PUGs? Are you so unpopular that you can’t get 4 friends or guild members to play with you?

- Al Zheimer

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

It’s basic maths. If a single player in your party can do the same damage you can, you kill the bosses in half the time. If they all do about the same damage, you kill the boss in 1/5th of the time (in fact, less than that, because everyone benefits from each other’s buffs). Maybe you’re just really unlucky and keep getting PUGs made up of four naked level 2 players…?

Anyway, who said anything about PUGs? Are you so unpopular that you can’t get 4 friends or guild members to play with you?

That’s a little rude.

Also, a lot of times, extra members can slow you down, because you have to worry about folks being able to keep up with you while skipping trash mobs, or even having to communicate can slow down the process.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Cat Has Ducks.1982

It’s basic maths. If a single player in your party can do the same damage you can, you kill the bosses in half the time. If they all do about the same damage, you kill the boss in 1/5th of the time (in fact, less than that, because everyone benefits from each other’s buffs). Maybe you’re just really unlucky and keep getting PUGs made up of four naked level 2 players who don’t move…?

If you sell with friends, you gotta divide your profit up. That’s lame.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

Account.9832

even having to communicate can slow down the process.

That must be some really slow communication, if decreasing the damage output of the party by 80% results in an increase in speed.

- Al Zheimer

Cat Has Ducks.1982

even having to communicate can slow down the process.

That must be some really slow communication, if decreasing the damage output of the party by 80% results in an increase in speed.

Don’t forget pugs dying several times on Arah skips, or them doing something dumb to cause a wipe. Or them stepping on a body while you trying to skip.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

laharl.8435

The only complete path I personally ever solo’d was p2, it took no exploits. For me, it took longer than a pug. But I duo often, no exploits, and it’s almost always faster than a pug. You really don’t know what you’re talking about at all.

Account.9832

If you sell with friends, you gotta divide your profit up.

And you can do it in a fraction of the time, which means you can do it again (and again, and again) in the the same time that it would take you to solo. The way GW2 works (with boon / condition stacking), two players do more than 2x the damage of a single player (and 3 players do even more, etc.). And on top of that, there’s the fact that 2 players will get twice the loot, twice the gold, etc..

Soloing dungeons is great as a personal challenge. It’s not efficient in terms of time vs. profit.

- Al Zheimer