Issues with FOTM

Issues with FOTM

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: joeytan.3865

joeytan.3865

Well here is what MR Robert Hrouda thinks of FOTM

As for FoTM, there isn’t much I can say about it. Yes we have plans to keep doing stuff for it like new fractals, and more agony resistance will be released in time… aside from that there’s really not much to say. FoTM is in a good place, and ever since we resolved the reconnect issues with it, there hasn’t been many complaints aside from that players can’t get to high scales as easily anymore, which is something we intended in the first place but that players found exploits around.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/State-of-the-Game-Dungeon-flavour/first#post1676447

Seriously guys you tell me is that the only major complaint about fractals so far. Does he just pick and read post which he feels he has an easy answer to????

There are so many things kittened up with FOTM now.

Lets start with the normal bugs. The one where kraits go into the ceiling, that hasnt been fixed. The lava pits that randonly fill up during the Grawl Shaman encounter some times fills up but the visual graphics isnt there. Just the debuff shows up and you start losing health. In kitten Harpy fractal the harpies can hit the players but the players cant hit back from range cos the kittening harpies become invulnerable. There is even one at the start of the ascalon fractal, where the mobs don follow the group at all. They just spawn at the starting point and stay there. When are you going to fix them?

Then there’s the chest loot. Its either dam good with quite a number of rares/exotics or its just complete trash drops. Nothing in the middle and I can swear there is some kinda of DR, as I have explained in this post.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/FOTM-and-DR/first#post1665600
Ever since I have never got a fractal skin from the 3 dailies I do everyday, just some trashy rings I don want.

Now coming to the topic of rings. Players have countless rings, relics and crafting material and nothing to do with it. This has been a question that has been asked since December and anet has failed to answer.

Finally skins. I have done my fair share of fractals as I have 127 pristine relics. Lets say a quater of that I got at low lvl fractals aka anything below 30 (which I don think is case cos I was already above 30 before the pristine relics system was released), the rest are from high lvl fractals. Keeping in mind each comes from a daily which also have a chance on rewarding fractal skins. I only got 1 skin that I really want and out of the remaining 6 i can only use 2 from all those dailies. Every other weapon can be crafted or bought is some way. Why not fractal skins? How does a kittenty rng system being the only way of getting it make any sense to you? At least precursors has a chance of dropping from mobs/chest or from mystic forge. But fractal skins only has one pathetic way.

Also I see a very strong relationship between the kind of chest loot your get and the daily reward. When the chest loot is kittenty, the daily rewards usually gives nothing or maybe some crappy ring which ppl don even need anymore at lvl 30 and above. But when the loot on the chests are good, its likely that there is a skin drop waiting. This is just my tin foil hat theory but this is what I have experienced with my account.

SO to a certain specific someone…….THE SOFT CAP YOU PUT ON FOTM IS NOT THE ONLY ISSUE. Stop shoving the real issues aside and deal with them. I know the point about loot and the correlation with chest loot and chance on getting a skin are theories based on my experience but the rest are not. If your not willing to look into the those fine, at least take a look at the rest.

(edited by joeytan.3865)

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

And you still cant infuse amulets or accesories.. or new rings.

They don’t want us to play fractals? Sounds about right.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: lin.6487

lin.6487

I love fotm ,but it’s getting to point when i would stop forever if it isn’t fix soon. 2 months between 28-48. many unless rings. 3 skins 2 my alt can use 1 my main can use but not the play style. am so sick of RNG.

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

The skin acquisition is the most annoying thing for me. I got to 44 and went back and did some 20-30s on top of that and have 0 skins. Put them in the trader like ever other dungeon instead of making us grind fractals to death for just a chance to get one that isn’t the one we wanted. People would probably play it more and come back to do it rather than get frustrated and stop doing fractals or even quit playing altogether because of stuff like this.

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: ExaDal.2017

ExaDal.2017

Another bugs:

- When arpies shoots with bubble and you fall and die inmediatly (die, no downed).
- Sometimies mobs in Ascalon dont move and recovers health like ooc.
- Ascalon NPC no respawn correctly if team wipe.
- Cultist no reset correctly in the last seal if teams wipe.
- Cultist still run after die.
- In svanir chaman fight you keep trap on ice if you enter in combat after your team start the fight.

Mechanics problems
- Moosman: extemely high health pool. Steatlh each 5 seconds and no appears until reach the objective. Long and boring fight.
- Big jelly fish: extremely easy and boring. High health pool and too many small jelly fish whitout no purpose, just block your line of shoot.
- Second gruop of krait have a insane damage and are too many in high lvls.
- Ascalon: mages are extremly OP. 1 Hit (without any visible animation) and die in lvl40+.
- Chaman svanir: high health pool, another boring fight.
- First fight in cliffside frac is innecesary. Just a lost of time.

And new ring without recipe to infuse, hilarious.

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: lin.6487

lin.6487

The skin acquisition is the most annoying thing for me. I got to 44 and went back and did some 20-30s on top of that and have 0 skins. Put them in the trader like ever other dungeon instead of making us grind fractals to death for just a chance to get one that isn’t the one we wanted. People would probably play it more and come back to do it rather than get frustrated and stop doing fractals or even quit playing altogether because of stuff like this.

yeah exactly. am kinda that that point. The reason why i log in daily is for the laurels to buy the ascend gear. and in order to move farther into fotm. but all the rewards is crap. and the RNG… since my luck suck is like a dream not ever going to happen/kinda same with precursor/legendary.

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: joeytan.3865

joeytan.3865

Personally I think getting a fractal skin I want is worst then getting a legendary or precursor I want. You see these can drop from any dungeons or mobs which are lvl 75 and above. Also if one decides to go to mystic forge for a precursor, the number of attempts he has on the getting that precursor is only limited to the amount of gold he has. In any case if he gets a precursor or legendary he doesn’t need, he can sell it in the TP and buy the one he wants.

On the other had when it comes to fractal skins. People are limited to only a few tries a day and that is dependent on their fractal lvl. Even worst if they get a skin they don’t want, they cant do anything about it.

When you look at it this way, you can see how much more lucky ppl who sort after fractal skins have to be compared to those who are after precursors and legendaries.

I did suggest a solution to this problem here
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Fractal-Skins/first#post1696242
Hope they look into it and try to come up with something.

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

They’re ignoring it because designing new content is hard. Fixing content is even MORE difficult for anet. Just look at stuff like Necro Weapon swap bug.

It’s not that they’re doing it out of malice, they’re just incompetent.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

I’m feeling your rage but I’m only seeing minor bugs that affect little. Fotm is in a good place right now.

Also I must be having increased returns because after spamming CoE consecutively i got 3 charged lodestones in 2 runs.
Oh here’s another one: high level fractal mobs do big damage! OMG nerf!!

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: Aegis.9724

Aegis.9724

TBH i like the fractal skin system, and hope there will be more content using that. Tokens are boring, tradable rare skins show nothing except you wasted a good amount of hours flipping goods on TP , farming cof or dumping a few hundred bucks in gems because you can.

Fract skins are the only thing left that show prestige, and their randomness make it more exciting. If they were token-based, everyone would run around with them, giving literally no reason to do FOTM (you’ll get all the rings you need far before you start worring about those skins).

Agree on the bugs, but most of them are just annoying, not game breaking…which can’t be said for many other areas of the game, in a far worse state.
Honestly, the only thing i would like is more stuff to get with relics (NOT the skins) , a rebalance so that fractals take roughly the same average time (because traveling back to the lab 20 times to get swamp is not fun) and more fractals, its getting quite boring already..

Issues with FOTM

Gasoline.2570

They’re ignoring it because designing new content is hard. Fixing content is even MORE difficult for anet. Just look at stuff like Necro Weapon swap bug.

It’s not that they’re doing it out of malice, they’re just incompetent.

You know you may have a point there.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: Lanser.8520

Lanser.8520

TBH i like the fractal skin system, and hope there will be more content using that. Tokens are boring, tradable rare skins show nothing except you wasted a good amount of hours flipping goods on TP , farming cof or dumping a few hundred bucks in gems because you can.

Fract skins are the only thing left that show prestige, and their randomness make it more exciting. If they were token-based, everyone would run around with them, giving literally no reason to do FOTM (you’ll get all the rings you need far before you start worring about those skins).

Agree on the bugs, but most of them are just annoying, not game breaking…which can’t be said for many other areas of the game, in a far worse state.
Honestly, the only thing i would like is more stuff to get with relics (NOT the skins) , a rebalance so that fractals take roughly the same average time (because traveling back to the lab 20 times to get swamp is not fun) and more fractals, its getting quite boring already..

The problem with skins is that randomness is not fun. It is not fun to spend 3 hours a day for 3 or 4 months to never actually get your skin. While you are spending your many months trying to get your skin, your friend who only ran one level 20 is running around with the skin she wants, even though she has little to no experience in fractals.

Changing the way weapons work doesn’t mean make it easier. It just means make it possible. Make it require completion and persistance of difficulties 40+, or even 50+, because it is the most disheartening thing in the game to run 48 everyday and never make any progress towards your goal.

Again, don’t make it easy for those running 20s, but make it possible for those running 48+. Reward skill and persistence, not luck.

Edit: perhaps you could even do it with a recipe.

(edited by Lanser.8520)

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

Currently Fractal Skin acquisition is unacceptable. Currently depends only on a once daily RNG roll with horrible drop rates with no alternative Non-rng method. There is nothing prestigious about hitting the RNG lotto.

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Currently Fractal Skin acquisition is unacceptable. Currently depends only on a once daily RNG roll with horrible drop rates with no alternative Non-rng method. There is nothing prestigious about hitting the RNG lotto.

From my experience, if you do lv 38+ daily, the Fractal weapons drop often. I’ve gotten around 5 different ones so far. I can understand why you’d be mad if you’re only doing low level FotM runs, as I don’t think Fractal weapons drop (or maybe more rarely drop) from such low levels.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: Finale.5281

Finale.5281

From my experience, if you do lv 38+ daily, the Fractal weapons drop often. I’ve gotten around 5 different ones so far. I can understand why you’d be mad if you’re only doing low level FotM runs, as I don’t think Fractal weapons drop (or maybe more rarely drop) from such low levels.

Having quit for many months after hitting 80 when the game came out and just starting fractals recently, upon reaching fractal level 20 and doing the daily for that tier for the first time, I got a bow skin and an infused ring (which I thought shouldn’t be possible pre 26 based on the wiki…but I’m definitely wearing it now-personal fractal level still only 21)on my mesmer. The next day, for the lv 20 daily chest I saw someone get a pistol skin, so it’s definitely possible at lv 20, if that counts as low.

(edited by Finale.5281)

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: Ampris.5321

Ampris.5321

anyone who likes the current system for skins either
1. doesnt like the skins anyway
2. got extremely lucky and already has the skins they want
3. has not run many fractals trying to get the skin they want

the system is completely unacceptable. i nearly ragequit the game because of this one thing, instead i just completely abandoned fractals.

and past 30 every chest needs to have an exotic to even get close to the gold/hour that other areas of the game offer.

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: Ampris.5321

Ampris.5321

id like to think that anet will be addressing these isssues tomorrow, but im aware its probably just going to be another slap in the face.

Issues with FOTM

Shadowmoon.7986

Trying doing lvls 28,38 and 48 everyday for my spring break(6 days) and not getting a skin, more or less the right skin. Current estimates puts fractal skin drop rates at 10% conservatively, add to the fact that there are 22 skins means that every time you open the chest you have a 1/220 chance to get the item you want.

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

anyone who likes the current system for skins either
1. doesnt like the skins anyway
2. got extremely lucky and already has the skins they want
3. has not run many fractals trying to get the skin they want

the system is completely unacceptable. i nearly ragequit the game because of this one thing, instead i just completely abandoned fractals.

and past 30 every chest needs to have an exotic to even get close to the gold/hour that other areas of the game offer.

Agreed, the higher level fractals do not give the rewards for the time it takes to do them, the same way high end dungeons do not reward you, they expect you to grind out a dungeon / fractals for weeks on end in the small remote chance you will get a drop you want, its faster and easier to farm random high end mobs and make several gold an hour,

We ran threw a high end fractal last week and the group didnt even get 1 rare drop, haven’t been back in since, the game is so bugged out at the moment from drops to the cursed shore, and Anet all seem to be AWOL when its reported.

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: TheMajin.4392

TheMajin.4392

From my experience…I do 40+ daily run with 42 rewards level…i’ve drop only a weap in 400 fractal and now i’ve also low drop for rare object…

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

I have posted about this several times already but after doing another 3 days of fractals and coming up short on drops I’m very frustrated. Up to 62 relics and not a skin to show for it.

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

This horse is dead and despite what we all are screaming for all of it is falling on deaf ears. Fractal skins being a random drop is a joke. Most people don’t have time to run fractals like a job. Put it on a vendor and make them pricey. At least then people would know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

I’m guessing a simple solution for the fractal skin would be to have a barter golem in the gateway that offers you a fractal design for any fractal weapon, then also offers you a choice of fractal weapon for a fractal design and 20 pristine relics.

Fractals are playable but with glitches. That seems to be true for most of the game. It’s true for most if not all MMOs really. It’s worth remembering that the fractals are, in development terms, quite new, so in three months time a lot of the glitches might be gone. Three months time isn’t meaningful to someone playing today but there you go.

I think there’s also an attitude and entitlement problem in MMO gaming. “I’ve put all this time into this computer game and I demand more virtual rewards!”. Well if you’re not getting fun from playing your computer game then don’t do it. The fractal skin should come as a bonus for an activity that you enjoy doing.

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: Yeni.3507

Yeni.3507

3 Harpoon Guns, 3 Shields, 2 Warhorns, 2 Staffs, Mace, Pistol, Dagger.

Bunch of useless rings/ascended crafting materials/relics/pristine relics.

Working on my FOURTH glowing Fractal Capacitor. (Already got 3, so that is 1350*3+500*9=8550 fractal relic and 6*250=1500 ectos.)

3 months of fractal dailies, STILL HASN’T GOT THAT KITTEN FRACTAL SWORD.

Can we please change the daily bonus fractal weapon skin to token base now?

Also:
- Fractals do not award guild influence or count for Monthly Dungeon Participation despite being a dungeon.
- Entry to a Fractal level is determined on a per character basis and is not account based.

Issues with FOTM

Gasoline.2570

They did nothing to fractals, again.

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: thisisu.7504

thisisu.7504

Agreed with all the above.

Thisisu – Mesmer – FotM 51
Thisisudax – Guardian – FotM 49
Fractal Videos: http://www.youtube.com/thisisudax

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

3 Harpoon Guns, 3 Shields, 2 Warhorns, 2 Staffs, Mace, Pistol, Dagger.

Bunch of useless rings/ascended crafting materials/relics/pristine relics.

Working on my FOURTH glowing Fractal Capacitor. (Already got 3, so that is 1350*3+500*9=8550 fractal relic and 6*250=1500 ectos.)

3 months of fractal dailies, STILL HASN’T GOT THAT KITTEN FRACTAL SWORD.

Can we please change the daily bonus fractal weapon skin to token base now?

Also:
- Fractals do not award guild influence or count for Monthly Dungeon Participation despite being a dungeon.
- Entry to a Fractal level is determined on a per character basis and is not account based.

Commiserations, man. I was in similar spot with 0 weapons about 100 lvl 20+ fract runs , then 2 fract tridents after 30 more. Roughly 20 runs later while at the Maw, I was joking with my teammates: “Fractal daggers and swords for everyone” and whaddya know, fractal dagger. A fract sword followed a few days later.

So GL to all.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: Siv.4351

Siv.4351

My primary progression team disbanded several weeks ago just from sheer exhaustion of the grind for something that was never getting any closer. Not a single fractal is fun enough to warrant the 100+ odd runs to even have a statistical chance of getting something we want.

Right now, Im faced with a choice: throw some money at the gem store to buy a few bank slots to fill with useless rings and relics, or grab bioshock.
Thanks to anet for making the choice easy, I guess.

Issues with FOTM

Shadowmoon.7986

It be nice to get at least get a response one way or another about the current fractal rewards. Currently it is wait every month for a change and getting disappointed that nothing is done about it. At least if they say, we like how fractal skins are being rewarded and we won’t be changing them anytime soon it would at least bring closure.

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: thisisu.7504

thisisu.7504

I’m still confused on why they do not want us to progress unless we have the appropriate amount of AR. I guess they disliked the idea of players reaching the 80 cap with 25AR?

However, they are releasing new AR gear very slowly.

Do they not understand that not everyone wants to be a casual FOTM player?

I am disappointed in Anet’s choice in this regard.

Thisisu – Mesmer – FotM 51
Thisisudax – Guardian – FotM 49
Fractal Videos: http://www.youtube.com/thisisudax

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: Mulgrak.1890

Mulgrak.1890

It be nice to get at least get a response one way or another about the current fractal rewards. Currently it is wait every month for a change and getting disappointed that nothing is done about it. At least if they say, we like how fractal skins are being rewarded and we won’t be changing them anytime soon it would at least bring closure.

Exactly, a single response would go such a long ways…

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

I’m fine with the soft cap at 50 currently.

But at least look at the rewards and influence for running fractals so I feel like I’m contributing to my guild (especially right now with all the stuff to spend influence on) while I’m spending an hour in fractals.

It’s been pretty obvious to people who run fractals daily that the maw chest was somehow nerfed even if it was unintentional after the January patch. For the people who still do it, it’s mainly for fractal weapons. The problem is double RNG. I actually like RNG quite a bit, I hate double RNG. What I mean is, I’m fine with RNG on getting a drop. Usually in most games these bosses or NMs have 1-2 unique items, which you get when you hit the RNG. The other upside to farming RNG items in other games, is you can usually sell them or things you don’t want.

In fractals, you get the low RNG on a fractal weapon, then you get super low RNG by hoping to get 1 of like 20 different weapons that you actually want. I currently have 3 tridents in my bank that are just useless. On top of that, you can’t sell anything so if you get something for a class you don’t play or get a bunch of duplicates, they are useless, which is unrewarding for a player’s time.

In general I’m against account bound stuff before you equip the item though, makes the economy more stagnant and makes farming very boring instead of letting people do challenging content and selling the rewards.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

It’s ridiculous. They realized it was a bad system for rings so they have pristine fractal relics. Even SAB gives you the ‘light at the end of the tunnel’ for weapon skins as you can both get them through RNG (Not bound) or with 50 bauble baubles (account bound). Why can’t they do that with fractal skins?

Some other bugs that I have recently noticed:

- Harpies aggro immediately at the beginning of the level, and can reach/attack where you go down
- Sometimes the red aoe doesn’t show up for the harpies with the right timing (not enough notice as it usually happens)
- Bloomhunger agony still hits in the front, even if you dodge.
- Mossman went into wolf form and reset fully (even though all members were still in the same spot). Once returned, he stayed in wolf form the whole fight and followed me (the mesmer) even though I was barely attacking (just ran in circles)

Edit: I also realized this was a bit of a necro. Instead of starting a new one, which I came here to do, I just though I’d revive this one has it has some good info.

RIP in peace Robert

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

I gave up on fractals because of the RNG. Got up to fracts 18 or so, and I have 5 vials, only had one ring drop from maw (not useful for my fractals character) and it was just too painful to bother with with a group of semi casuals.

I’m 25 tokens short of getting the backpack and I. Just. Don’t. Care.

I think out of all those runs I could count the number of yellows I received on both hands.

If i’m going to have kitten RNG, I might as well fight things that are easier, like world events.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: PolishSausage.1279

PolishSausage.1279

You guys do realize that the skins are just cosmetic and don’t do anything to affect gameplay, right? That’s why they’re such rare drops. If everyone had easy access to them, they wouldn’t be special.

Issues with FOTM

zerotwo.4731

You guys do realize that the skins are just cosmetic and don’t do anything to affect gameplay, right? That’s why they’re such rare drops. If everyone had easy access to them, they wouldn’t be special.

So why make them difficult to get? or for that matter, totally random.

Issues with FOTM

Shadowmoon.7986

the fact that the only change was nerf that didn’t work makes it clear that the fractal gimmick is dead in anets mind. They are only making limited time content now to distract the masses.

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: VidGhost.3215

VidGhost.3215

worst place to farm for drops or gold is FOTM .. But best place to feel like you’ve progressed somewhat! ..

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

The OP has a few really good points, though I wouldn’t consider them game-breaking problems.

Kraits going into the ceiling is either a collision or spawning issue, where a krait just happens to spawn inside the ceiling instead of outside it. This should be relatively easy to fix if they just move the spawn area away from the ceiling a bit.

The lava pits again are annoying, and should be an easy thing to fix. Staying away from the lava pits entirely helps avoid this bug, but how hard can it be to fix this?

The harpies, yeah I have a lot to say about that. I hate the invulnerability gimmick in general. If enemies can hit you, you should be able to hit them. And if they can’t get to you, tough luck on them. Outsmarting enemies is what makes a dungeon run entertaining. This forced gimmick just grinds my gears, its unfair. But also, the harpies should not be able to hit you at the starting area of the fractal. A starting area should always be a safe zone.

I’m not that happy about chest loot. After getting yet another ascended item that you can’t sell on the auctionhouse, it just feels like you got cheated out of a proper reward. I wish there was something you could do with them if you didn’t plan on wearing them. Or maybe some other reward to look forward to? Maybe the ability to salvage them for ectos?

I never cared much for weapon skins, but something more to look forward to at higher fractal levels would be a welcome addition. We need higher tier rewards.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

The only huge issue FOTM has, in my honest opinion, is the lack of more fractals like we were teased with, and more importantly, rewards that are only available after hitting level 40-50+

Okay, maybe there’s another one: Dredge fractal. Has any group at level 20+ ever done the doors the way they were supposed to, without wiping or resetting the mobs?

I think there’s something wrong with the content, when it encourages running away and waiting for bombs to respawn. There’s no possible way to survive staying in there either. If they could be blinded, it would be amazingly cool and intense. Having them have perma-protection, blind immunity and several dazes makes Dredge the single most fearsome enemy in the game.

Issues with FOTM

zerotwo.4731

Now it seems that the dredge boss AND his minions return to spawn when standing outside the door during dredge fractals. I will confirm this again tonight. This will drag out the dredge map even more.

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

Now it seems that the dredge boss AND his minions return to spawn when standing outside the door during dredge fractals. I will confirm this again tonight. This will drag out the dredge map even more.

Actually, while this was a safe and easy way to kill the boss, it was never a particularly fast way.

Pull the boss to the far left of the room and you can kill him without aggroing the dredge trash. Once the boss is dead, you can go hit the loot piñata cart. Should make your dredge fractal runs faster than they were before.

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: Marna Nindar.8120

Marna Nindar.8120

You guys at least got some skins. I’ve done Fractal Frequenter like 2 months ago, literally bought at least 10 rings with my tokens, wich means I looted the final chest at least 100 times (and really almost never under lvl 26) and i got a single fractal skin. A trident, on top of that.

I know that I’m a special case, and that I’m just unucky. But right now I don’t really feel rewarded for doing it. Granted, it is fun (unless you get the dredge fractal, of course), but a skin a month would make me happy…

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Okay, maybe there’s another one: Dredge fractal. Has any group at level 20+ ever done the doors the way they were supposed to, without wiping or resetting the mobs?

Rarely! And this is a very good point you’ve brought up. Even at levels below 20, most of my parties always die on top of the switches… and surely that can’t be the intended strategy? I wouldn’t mind if they gave the dredge less health, or reduced their damage. Or maybe not have them respawn quite so fast. Because I have rarely seen a team pull off this Fractal in the way I think they intended it.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Issues with FOTM

zerotwo.4731

Rarely! And this is a very good point you’ve brought up. Even at levels below 20, most of my parties always die on top of the switches… and surely that can’t be the intended strategy? I wouldn’t mind if they gave the dredge less health, or reduced their damage. Or maybe not have them respawn quite so fast. Because I have rarely seen a team pull off this Fractal in the way I think they intended it.

The fact that everyone still completes the dredge fractal means its not too hard. The things that were considered unintended were obviously fixed with this new patch. Dying on a switch is necessary only as a last resort. Really, its up to the person opening the door to not fail.

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

The fact that everyone still completes the dredge fractal means its not too hard. The things that were considered unintended were obviously fixed with this new patch. Dying on a switch is necessary only as a last resort. Really, its up to the person opening the door to not fail.

I was actually referring to the part where the path branches into either drilling the door down or bombing it. It’s pretty much impossible to do without resetting or wiping.

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

OP you’re missing a big one

Ice fractal, boss goes up to die, can’t loot corpse. Skin bs is def worse though

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Issues with FOTM

zerotwo.4731

The only huge issue FOTM has, in my honest opinion, is the lack of more fractals like we were teased with, and more importantly, rewards that are only available after hitting level 40-50+

I think there’s something wrong with the content, when it encourages running away and waiting for bombs to respawn. There’s no possible way to survive staying in there either. If they could be blinded, it would be amazingly cool and intense. Having them have perma-protection, blind immunity and several dazes makes Dredge the single most fearsome enemy in the game.

It is difficult and requires some skills to be used in order to survive. I find if you just run in one at a time they do not take the bombs away. Going in with groups, the dredge tend to migrate over to the door. TBH it just boils down to experience. I used to run in as a warrior and plant then reset. Now, I can run in and out without getting downed while my party kills a few at the bottom of the stairs. I have seen the thief approach where we go in stealth and plant as a group. That works well too. I like the fact that I don’t have to be a button masher for every dungeon and the Dredge map is proof that at least Anet is going in the right direction. Now they need to do something about these useless relics and rings……..

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

This horse is dead and despite what we all are screaming for all of it is falling on deaf ears. Fractal skins being a random drop is a joke. Most people don’t have time to run fractals like a job. Put it on a vendor and make them pricey. At least then people would know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Quoting this 1 month later because it’s still true.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Issues with FOTM

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

It is difficult and requires some skills to be used in order to survive. I find if you just run in one at a time they do not take the bombs away. Going in with groups, the dredge tend to migrate over to the door. TBH it just boils down to experience. I used to run in as a warrior and plant then reset. Now, I can run in and out without getting downed while my party kills a few at the bottom of the stairs. I have seen the thief approach where we go in stealth and plant as a group. That works well too. I like the fact that I don’t have to be a button masher for every dungeon and the Dredge map is proof that at least Anet is going in the right direction. Now they need to do something about these useless relics and rings……..

every time we get bomb door I solo it and don’t get hit by a single attack. Then again I’m a thief, doesn’t change the fact that this dungeon bores the hell out of me and I hate every moment I spend in there. Just give me my darn dagger skin. Over 100 pristines and all at 38/48. Enough is enough, fix ur kitten anet.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid