[KING] Fractal Tournament - 4000G of Rewards!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Relativity.3264

Relativity.3264

We’ll probably see lots of rerolling at mai trin

Maxed HOM (Name: Random Firing)
Fractal 80 before Fractured, world first fractal 50 after

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

We’ll probably see lots of rerolling at mai trin

unless mai trin is worth alot of points in which case it will be best to be in a team that can finish her off consistently :-)

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Because she’s time-gated by cannon phases and is a boss fractal (fourth fractal, meaning her multiplier is the max) she will definitely be worth the most points of any Fractal you can get. So if you can beat her in good time on the first try, she’d very much be worth it.

Also, shout-out to [KING] for doing some reworking of the rules. I’m glad at a minimum that exploiting bosses is disallowed, even if we haven’t gotten terrain exploits disallowed too.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Darox.8069

Darox.8069

The thing is that we can not know if anything is worth it unless we know how points are given.

Rising Dusk.2408

Well, yeah. They did tell us how they’re given, just not what the actual numbers will be (for whatever reason). Mai Trin is the longest boss fractal, and the point value supposedly is directly linked to length and what fractal number it is, and since it’s the boss fractal, it’s the highest. I don’t know if that makes it better than a third fractal Cliffside because we don’t know actual numbers, but eh, hopefully it’d be worth it to do it.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

It’ll probably be based on the highest points will be awarded to a full run of “Ascalon + Cliffside + Grawl + Mai” and the lowest points be awarded to a full run of “swamp + harpy? + aetherblade + molten”. (These are my guesstimations on easiest and longest fractals). So there might be some range.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

EcoRI.9273

Kinda wish they give us the break down of points so that way it gives people more time to practice the underwater fractal if rerolling swamp is not worth it. Btw for water, if one gets Dolphin side, it is worth more points than the darkness side?

anyways App for tourney:

No Stacking No Skipping No [FGS]
(Roster is still subject to change)
1: EcoRI.9273 Thief
2: Rising Dusk.2408 Warrior
3: Fury.2768 Guardian
4: Nyspar.6103 Warrior
5: Hans Moleman.1750 Elementalist

(edited by EcoRI.9273)

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Those rules dont exclude anything on Mai Trin.

Unless theres some exploit to make Mai do nothing that i am unaware of?

There is nothing you can do to bug Mai but you can use Portal and a bit of Jumping skill to glitch all the cannoneers and assure the safety of your whole group throughout the cannon phase. I’m trying not to describe this exploit in details. Hahaha…

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I know the portal trick. And i dont consider that an exploit. Just cheesy. But then with the borked cannon damage its kind of acceptable in my eyes.

EcoRI.9273

Well according to the rules, it seems like the portal trick to bug out mai trin cannons is allowed :-\ I could be wrong.

Rising Dusk.2408

I would err on the side of saying that it’s disallowed because it is causing a component of the boss’s mechanics (cannons) to not work properly.

spoj.9672

It doesnt bug them. They simply cant see you. Its like calling LoS an exploit. Or running out of range of a rooted boss to regen your hp.

EcoRI.9273

We might have to slot in a mesmer for the tourney dusk!

Rising Dusk.2408

It’s nothing like LoSing… This specific case is an edge case, but you’re clearly intended to fight inside that room; your entire team is teleported there and the door is sealed behind you. Getting back outside of it to avoid an entire mechanic of the fight is definitely deliberately abusing positioning to disable a significant component of the boss.

We might have to slot in a mesmer for the tourney dusk!

We might if it’s actually allowed, but I’m not convinced that it is yet.

spoj.9672

Im not talking about getting back outside.

Theres a rock on the side you can jump up and portal everyone to. If you are there and dont move then the cannons cant see you. If you jump up there during the cannon phase they will kill you while you try to do it. If someone falls off or moves then the cannons will fire at them and most likely kill everyone in the spot with the splash damage from the aoes.

This is just like hiding behind a tree so a rooted boss cant hit you. Its not an exploit (as in cheat or bug), its simply exploiting the flawed AI. Just like LoS is exploiting the AI to pull mobs together. Theres nothing wrong with it. Its a little lame but then so is the barrage phase.

Rising Dusk.2408

Okay, so that case sounds like it would be fine (sorry, I thought we were talking about portalling people back outside). Still, what necessitates the Mesmer? If you have to Blink to it or something, that’s a terrain exploit and disallowed under the same rule as portalling outside the room, but if you can just jump to it then I don’t really see what the point of the Mesmer is (maybe expediting the process if your team is really bad at jumping).

EcoRI.9273

I kinda wish that mesmer portal(I guess watchwork portal stone also works) trick gets banned because it will be boring to watch for the audience.(Most tournaments do special case bans on maps/characters/cards because of imbalance or unfun nature) Hope [KING] address this issue soon.

(edited by EcoRI.9273)

spoj.9672

You need the portal so people dont get killed when trying to get there. Anyone can jump up into the spot but doing that once the barrage phase starts is suicide. Essentially just before Mai is about to phase, the mesmer goes and places a portal in the spot. Then when Mai phases the mesmer places the portal entrance in the centre of the room. Everyone gets ported straight into the spot and doesnt lead any AOE’s. Like i said its kind of lame. But theres nothing wrong with it in my opinion. Especially when the cannon phase is a lame time gated event where you just hope you dont get trolled by overlapping AOE’s.

Rising Dusk.2408

Interesting. Sounds totally fine to me, though I’d expect ANet to eventually fix it anyway.

That said, it doesn’t save any time assuming everyone survives the cannon phase regardless. That, to me, just means you need people to be good at the cannon phase and you can totally skip the safe spot and do just as well. Interesting thing to be aware of, though.

EcoRI.9273

Wow http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Watchwork_Portal_Device is over 10g to make and I blew my last 20 on stupid things -_-

Iris Ng.9845

It doesnt bug them. They simply cant see you. Its like calling LoS an exploit. Or running out of range of a rooted boss to regen your hp.

They do see you. You glitch them by teleporting the whole group at the same time, and by doing so make them lose track of their targets. If one doesn’t get the portal, i.e. only four at the safe spot, they will target that ‘safe spot’ immediately and wreck everyone. If everyone uses portal when the cannon phase has already started, the cannoneers will also be able to target that spot.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

Lilith Ajit.6173

They do see you. You glitch them by teleporting the whole group at the same time, and so make them lose track of their targets. If one doesn’t get the portal, i.e. only four at the safe spot, they will target that ‘safe spot’ immediately and wreck everyone. Tried and true.

One time we were all on the spot but Cla missed the portal and he was running from all of the cannons himself. No. We weren’t targeted until cannon phase was over and horrik blessed us with his cannon of fire.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Iris Ng.9845

The time that I tried, the one that missed the portal decided to stealth himself and we got wrecked instead.

Lilith Ajit.6173

The time that I tried, the one that missed the portal decided to stealth himself and we got wrecked instead.

Weird. Did not happen to us. Joe me Gabe Sam and Cla. Iirc.

[ARES]

Iris Ng.9845

I wanted to add that skipping cannon phase is really beneficial to squishy classes like (ele, thief) and those without a constance source of speed boost (mesmer, necro) or those with latency (Dub, Nat).

spoj.9672

I can only assume you were in slightly the wrong spot or someone moved.

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

Maybe it was the stealth? As long as there was another viable target on the ground like in Lilith’s case, the cannoneers would cheerfully try to blow that one to pieces, but once that disappeared, they nuked the safespot?
Might happen as well maybe if the single runner gets killed.

That would fit to what Spoj said about everybody needing to get there at once during tha phase transition or the safe spot won’t be very safe either.

Just a thought experiment on my behalf though, I’ve never used that safe spot technique, so I have no actual empiric data to confirm this.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

spoj.9672

Nah it still works when the entire group is there or the guy solo running wipes.

And you dont actually all need to get there at once. People can enter the portal at different times and it will still work because you are going from a spot the cannons can see you to a spot where they can’t instantly. You just need to get there without jumping to it to avoid leading the cannon barrage in that general direction. But seeing as you can’t blink up because of terrain it has to be a portal.

You could probably do the same trick with necro spectral walk. But you would only have an 8 second period to phase mai. You might also be able to jump up to it if you can survive several seconds of damage while you get into the spot. But i dont fancy that with the current damage numbers.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Maybe it was the stealth? As long as there was another viable target on the ground like in Lilith’s case, the cannoneers would cheerfully try to blow that one to pieces, but once that disappeared, they nuked the safespot?
Might happen as well maybe if the single runner gets killed.

That would fit to what Spoj said about everybody needing to get there at once during tha phase transition or the safe spot won’t be very safe either.

Just a thought experiment on my behalf though, I’ve never used that safe spot technique, so I have no actual empiric data to confirm this.

One time on that same run I missed the portal due to lag and ate cannons. No one was running the phase but I was dead where the portal was. As Spoj says. Carry on.

Btw good luck to all the teams in this! If I wasn’t lazy and didn’t give a single crap about ascended armor I might have joined. Meh. Lol

[ARES]

EcoRI.9273

well its more likely that the person was already targeted b4 he went into stealth and was near the hidden spot. The radius of a 5x cannon barrage targeted on a person is big enough that some randomly went to the hidden spot.

Posted by: Snowball.3497

Snowball.3497

Update!

We have changed the amount of rounds as follows.

1, Free-for-all Qualifying Round
2, Semi Finals
3, Finals

The first round is open to every team who wants to participate.
Teams that will have ranked 5 to 8 will be rewarded but will not progress to the Semifinals.
The second round, or Semifinals, will consist of the top 4 from the free-for-all, the top two teams in terms of point will proceed to the Finals, where they will face each other in one last round of ultimate destiny to decide the victor!

Please note that there is now 48h until the signup closes!
So ready your team and send a message to any of our organisers. Make sure you have at least one person in your team that can stream while playing.

Particlar – Desolation – [Hs]
World First Wurm KillRaid Sells on Twitch
Origin of Diboof

EcoRI.9273

I really hope that the difficulty of the fractal is taken into consideration because Volcanic Fractal is surprisingly short but its probably one of the most difficult ones. Looking at the comps for most of the other teams, they have a really high chance of wiping there. If Volcanic is worth only based on time as suggested in the rules, people will just reroll and then super dps comp would be the way to go.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I really hope that the difficulty of the fractal is taken into consideration because Volcanic Fractal is surprisingly short but its probably one of the most difficult ones. Looking at the comps for most of the other teams, they have a really high chance of wiping there. If Volcanic is worth only based on time as suggested in the rules, people will just reroll and then super dps comp would be the way to go.

This. Imo giving every fractal a certain amount of base points regarding to difficulty would help with that.

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

Difficulty is very subjective. Estimated time is a harsh, strict but just way of measurement.

Defeated by packet loss.

Posted by: Takayuki.7485

Takayuki.7485

Application for tournament:

Diplomatic Dictators

Takayuki.7485—————————-Elementalist
Tentonhammr.7849——————Warrior
ImNotWearingPants.2681——Thief
Faerah.2038———————————Guardian
Silver Phoenix.5842——————-Warrior

Will update immediately and prior to tourney start obviously if any changes to roster or team name.

Posted by: xallever.1874

xallever.1874

Where will we watch the stream for this tournament?

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

You’ll probably need to watch the streamer for your favorite teams. (IE, purple miku for rT, etc.) If you want to watch 2 side by side you ckittene multitwitch.tv.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: PlasticHippo.8934

PlasticHippo.8934

Application for Tournament
Dodge duck dip dive and [Die]
PlasticHippo.8934
Bagel.4598
Majuub.6215
Kaldrys.1978
Fifth to be determined-will update when we find one

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I’ll be streaming it

I think I remember Sandy saying he’d be able to stream it too, not quite sure.

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

Ill likely also stream for a second perspective and incase miku dcs yeah

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

Posted by: Saber.5012

Saber.5012

Application for tournament:

Ethereal Guardians [EG]

Saber.5012 – Thief
dtou.6827 – Elementalist
Nalgorath.2083 – Guardian
Vanillea.5764 – Elementalist
Mister Stygian.2135 – Warrior

Will update with fifth and changes asap.

Thanks!

(edited by Saber.5012)

Posted by: Impale.2503

Impale.2503

Entries are now closed.

Thanks to everyone who signed up, the registration list is linked on the first post and is updated.

The tournament is still scheduled for the 26th, and the final point list will be published on the 24th as expected.

The point system has been updated for recent changes with the last update, and will keep being updated until the very last minute to ensure its balance and effectiveness to represent a team’s performance in this format.

We are, as always, still available in game to answer any of your questions/concerns regarding the tournament.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom – Guild Leader
The Rise – The Murder – The Gravity – The Ghostly

Impale.2503

Hello Everyone!

For those interested, the points spreadsheet will be announced tomorrow!

So stay on your toes and get ready to come up with your strategy!

Posted by: Shinki.8045

Shinki.8045

Good luck to everyone involved, regretfully going to be at a family reunion during this, would have loved to been a part of the fun.

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Hey all,

This week on Episode 18 of Ready Up, Josh will cover the ongoing Tournament of Legends qualifiers and the upcoming Guild Wars 2 International All-Stars Tournament at gamescom next month. Other topics up for discussion on this episode are China Joy, which is happening next week and the Immortal Kingdom Fractal Tournament happening this weekend. Also be sure to stick around for Karl McLain’s balance segment, Skill Bar.

Date/time: Friday, July 25 at 12:00pm PDT (18:00 UTC)

Grimkram [sS]

Relativity.3264

The KING Fractal Tournament point sheet has been released!

We’re happy to announce a donation by Anet of 14k gems to be split between the first and second place in addition to the total 4k gold reward!

We’d appreciate all the applicants following the instructions in the box at the bottom, and getting in contact with one of our officers for further instructions: Zip, Iquasi, Particlar, The Rise

The bracket, with links to individual streams, will be publicised on tournament day.

The Official Tournament Stream with KING commentary will start around 1400 server time

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Server time?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Relativity.3264

You can set your ingame clock to server time in options, and there’s a link in the OP

Edit: Apparently not, here’s a link: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?p0=1440&iso=20140726T14

Double edit: Aaaand the forums screwed up the link – but you get the gist

(edited by Relativity.3264)

Impale.2503

Server time?

14:00 Server Time – 15:00 GMT due to daylight savings

All the information is on the first post

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

Quick question, I’m guessing no member of the team can enter the Mistlock Observatory until the event starts right?

Zelendel