[List] Dungeon & Dungeon Related bugs

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Bugs – The best thing to do when you know something is bugged is to put it in the Bug Forum, following this format: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Please-Read-How-To-Bugging-Best-Practices

This is absolutely doable.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Indeed! Doable I say!

Also, I think it is a good thing to have this list. Many new people might not know the process, so keeping a running list is helpful. Maybe a “reported by…” next to each item, with a link, so people know it has been reported and by whom.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I say keep this list as a checklist of what have been known and reported by the community and what have been fixed or not.

x.x

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Anierna.6918

Anierna.6918

I say keep this checklist so players can be righteously indignant at seeing such a long list of outstanding bugs. We can all think to ourselves “they’re doing what instead of fixing these bugs? Releasing more Living Story kitten?”

Hey, I’ve got an idea! How about a LS release entitled “Scarlet fixes Arah!” Now THAT would be diabolical.

Posted by: Tigerlily.3765

Tigerlily.3765

Citadel of Flame
Path 1
- After the flaming puzzle, when the door opens on the far side the door will sometimes push players into the wall, getting them stuck.
- The slave driver(first boss) will sometimes go invulnerable when close to a wall
Path 2
- Magg sometimes fails to trigger the event in the first devourer room. I had this stall out for me two times in a row once, even after dungeon was reset.
- Magg sometimes does not run all the way into the room for the flame orb collection, but stands back in the previous room; running to him here makes it harder as it is significantly farther away
- Magg sometimes aggros on random enemies and will run all the way out of the ‘hold out’ room back to the ‘orb room’ chasing them
- The stable master often goes invulnerable when near a wall, but sometimes even when not that close to the wall. Much worse than slave driver from p1.

Ascalonian Catacombs
Path 1
- In the burrow hold-out room, it is still easy to dash, GS, or FGS through the wall on North end of the room when attempting to kill burrows and get stuck on the other side away from your party.
- Ranged classes, especially rangers, still have a hard time attacking burrows (receive “obstructed” message)

HotW
Path 2
Final boss will swim into the ceiling and not come down for some time (same kind of thing as krait in underwater fractal)

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

All, please report these bugs and leave the number you reported and any ticket numbers. Seriously, if that’s what they want and what it will take I will update this list with all relevant information. Also, expect a FAQ update soon to include this thread and how to report bugs and exploits and a second edit that includes guidelines on posting dungeon speed runs to keep them here where they belong (and out of linksville).

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

- Magg sometimes fails to trigger the event in the first devourer room. I had this stall out for me two times in a row once, even after dungeon was reset.
- Magg sometimes does not run all the way into the room for the flame orb collection, but stands back in the previous room; running to him here makes it harder as it is significantly farther away

The first part I have never seen but my only guess would be that someone didnt bring Magg into the room he needs to be in to start that first burrow event. If no one actually does this or knows he doesnt go into it automatically, thus the event will not start. Im going to say dont add this to the bug list because I dont think its a bug. Correct me if im wrong

The second part has a variety of bugs: Magg will only glitch completly, as in he gets stuck in a rock and doesnt accept the bombs anymore if you fail the Timed Bomb Collection and the explosion literally can knock Magg out of place. What your talking about does happen to, and though it should be fixed, this at least doesnt break the entrire instance

Posted by: Acerola.6407

Acerola.6407

Howdy all,

Hey.

I think one of the reasons this thread appeared is the lack of communication. Many of the regulars here who post, record and report these issues are frustrated by the fact that they don’t get much love. It’s literally screaming for attention and they won’t get that by sending all the issues to the e-mail or posting in the bugs-forum as it seems (otherwise, we had more communication).

But you posting here is definitely a beginning, so I hope we can further improve the communication between devs and players regarding dungeons.

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

TA bug that requires reset: first door will not open and no dialogue option with NPC.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Belka’s stupid orbs rarely ever land in the red circle if they go into the air, sometimes she shoots it into the floor and 2 seconds later anyone in the red circle gets blown up.

:<

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Are we including Fractals bugs as well? If so:

- The Shockwave Skipper achievement is currently bugged and not being awarded even if one avoids all the shockwaves. (One person reported not getting the achievement despite not getting hit at all throughout the entire fight.)

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

nice thread, most stuff is listed already, so just a simple oddity:
CoFp1, bridge event: most of the time the spawning mobs for the bonus event are green and turn aggressive after their tex sequence – sometimes though, they immediately turn red and attack.

I don’t care either way, it just should be consistent imho.

generally the npc bugs are the worst imho. if they still don’t trigger after waypointing, the whole run was for nothing. there should be a reliable way to reset them if, after all this time, it’s still not possible to fix them from getting stuck in the first place.

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

Bugs – The best thing to do when you know something is bugged is to put it in the Bug Forum, following this format: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Please-Read-How-To-Bugging-Best-Practices

I was making a thread about fumble dodges and we were bumping it day for day for about a month, until we got the response that the devs are aware of the issue. As they didn’t tell if they are doing anything about it or planning to do so, we continued bumping to get an answer. Yet, no statement about if they are working on it, nor a fix to the problem itself. The most “prevelent” mechanic of the game suffering from an insane driving issue seems to have way less priority than pushing out some half-ready living story zerg-content and even less priority than fixing some dumb clipping bugs with armors noone is wearing anyway.

I understand why you said it’s “doable” to tell the devs what issues dungeons are suffering from, the main point, though, is that our developers do not give a fart about dungeons or anything related to them. I think you understood this, which is the reason that telling them about our issues will not change anything at all.

I’m 100% certain “you” ’d (as in developers) would do a lot more people a favor by fixing important bugs (fixing arah diving/lupicus or other boss skips would take about 10 minutes flat, putting in some invisible walls sums up to cost you a lot more time than this) before adding more living story stuff that almost noone of us even touches.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

I cannot believe nobody has said this yet but it has to be done: it’s not a bug, its a feature.

But not to come over as a complete (something something feline) , ill add something to the list that bothers me. The archdiviner still doesn’t get stunned in phasechanges if people are too far from him.(Cliffside fractal final encounter).

And while a magician never gives out his secrets, I might as well add that distortion still allows you to do the same, making you capable of walking, dodging and picking up environmen tal weapons to fight with. But I’d appreciate it if the reason this is used at all is fixed first.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

I cannot believe nobody has said this yet but it has to be done: it’s not a bug, its a feature.

I’m… confused.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Lilith Ajit.6173

All, please report these bugs and leave the number you reported and any ticket numbers.

I’m quoting myself so you guys see this again, please report the bugs you listed and give me numbers so I can edit my post. Also look out for FAQ edits incoming.

Edit: FAQ updated

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

(edited by Lilith Ajit.6173)

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Hey Danicia, since you are so nice to care about the well being of our discussions here in this sub-forum, could you try to include in your daily report to ask the devs to give us a bit of attention?

This is absolutely doable.

So firstly. ’it’s doable’ means it’s possible, not that you’ll actually do anything at all.

And secondly, even if you did do it the response has yet to be seen.

Indeed! Doable I say!

I don’t find word games very funny when people are left in the dark for months on end.
Many of us would really like an update on the state and direction of dungeons as we have alot of time invested in playing them.

I’d honestly appreciate it, even if you just told us ‘hey, I can’t do this right now, I have a lot of work on my plate’ or ‘well I requested their input and they basically just brushed me off.’ (Which wouldn’t surprise any of us, nor would we blame you).

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

• TA forward: a terrain issue can be used to skip a portion of mobs. This is so common that it is easier to avoid this path altogether than to convince PUGs to do a proper run.
  • #2 in current list: TA light mantle also clips heavily with face on sylvari mesmers (see screenshot).
  • TA up: Fyonna may sometimes bug and not turn red. Can be “fixed” by relocating the whole party a bit back to the spider cave, and then down to Fyonna to retrigger the dialogue.
  • CM p2: final boss can be bugged to stay in place and not move around.
  • CM: fire turrets can attack players through walls; and the other way round, players can attack turrets and mobs through walls. AFAIK this is an old and game-wide issue, but thin walls and small rooms of CM make it very noticeable.
  • AFAIK #23 in current list is not dungeon-specific, this may happen with cutscenes and even loading screens in open world (happened to me during Marionette).
  • #24: if this is the same as bug #22 here, than it is not dungeon-specific. However the “underwater skill bar” might be a new hint to why this is happening (and worth testing).

Attachments:

20 level 80s and counting.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Artasqweroldy.7458

Artasqweroldy.7458

TA forward where you can just jump out of the path and skip safely…

Humans aren´t real

Posted by: noobgood.8762

noobgood.8762

Isn’t that in every dungeon?

Zelyhn.8069

Isn’t that in every dungeon?

Well it is not in fotm 50+

See what I did there?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

All, please report these bugs and leave the number you reported and any ticket numbers.

I’m quoting myself so you guys see this again, please report the bugs you listed and give me numbers so I can edit my post. Also look out for FAQ edits incoming.

I reported the bug in-game a long time ago. I’m not sure that opening a ticket number is really needed either. :/

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Hodgin’s AC path: Burrow room south of Kholer, if a player is on top of the burrow in the SE corner of the room when it reaches 0%, they are teleported to the other side of the door next to the burrow. Happens a lot.

dlonie.6547

Arah p2: That can’t seriously be how Alphard’s bomb is supposed to work…

Arah, all paths: Make it a requirement to kill all bosses to get rewards. If a boss can’t be skipped without map glitching, defeating it should be required in order to get rewards. There, I just fixed 99% of the Arah exploits for you (adding a slow-acting poison effect to the water would fix the other 1%, but let’s start with the easy one…)

dlonie.6547

I reported the bug in-game a long time ago. I’m not sure that opening a ticket number is really needed either. :/

As much as I’d like to see the developers take an interest in the dungeons, most of these issues are long standing bugs. They have been reported countless times, brought up in forums, mentioned in support tickets….and they haven’t even been acknowledged. I really don’t see the point.

#HireHrouda (Whatever the reason he was let go, at least he understood customer relations. It doesn’t take much to appease [most] of us…just kittening talk to us.)

Zelyhn.8069

The developers do not have the resources to fix the bugs you are reporting.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

dlonie.6547

Good point. To clarify, I didn’t mean to kitten on devs, they work on what they’re told to work on. I’m just trying to say that it’s pretty clear that dungeons aren’t a priority for whoever calls the shots. These bugs either don’t get addressed or get kitten fixes (*cough*alphard*cough*). Meanwhile they’re cranking out 2 LS updates per month, and of course, tons of new items for the gem store!

I think this thread is an awesome idea — not because I expect these bugs to be fixed/grab ANet’s attention, but because it is truly impressive to see the amount of old bugs/glitches/etc that have piled up while they’ve been chasing Scarlet around.

Maybe it wasn’t such a great idea to completely deallocate resources for an entire area of the product to develop a storyline that doesn’t even tie into Tyria’s existing lore? Just sayin’…..

Enough ranting from me, gonna go crawl back into my cave and (speaking of lore…) wait for ESO to come out.

Zelyhn.8069

The developers do not have the resources to make their story live up to the expectations they inspired to their player-base either.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

CoE Story: skip to the last boss and get full reward in 5 mins.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

They don’t even have the resources to post here

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Arah P1 – if the NPC is dead at the time and you either use a portal from a mesmer to leave the area or stealth, the two vile oozes that Ancient Ooze split into will despawn.

Arah P1 – Korga frequently gets stuck in the walls during fights after he rushes.

Arah P1 – There is a hole on the wall that any player can clearly see when passing Korga (right around the corner, against the left-side on the passageway) that a player can walk into and fall into and pretty much just walk underneath the map. It’s pathetic and depressing to see all of these unused textures we’re rendering each time the instance is loaded.

Arah P1 (P3 and P4 too if you exploit into the area I guess) – Berserker Abomination is invisible and still attackable at the point where he spawns. Not a big deal but kind of stupid to just attack an invisible object to stack adrenaline.

Arah P2 – Belka (first boss) will stop teleporting if you immediately run to the entrance behind the bone wall, resulting in her resetting to her original location. Upon running back, she will launch an electric bomb that automatically hits you unless you evade, despite how far away you are from the AoE ring.

Arah P2 – Alphard – mesmers, thieves and elementalists can blink up onto a ledge and jump onto a fabric where they are able to safely range Alphard from a distance. Anyone else is able to be ported up there where they can use an ember consumable. After spawning the ember, attacking Alphard from this spot and walking back 1-2 steps results in the ember taking aggro. The ember is out of Alphard’s line of sight and every attack on it will result in “invulnerable.”

Arah P2 – Alphard – The same climbable mushroom-like object can be used to safespot Alphard with melee. If you engage the fight with Alphard by attacking with ranged and quickly run behind said object, you will be able to melee Alphard by quickly stepping back onto a small sand hill next to you once he gets close enough. He will then be trapped underneath the object and every shot of his will be obstructed, effectively enabling one to safespot him.

Arah P2 – Northeast barrier at Alphard; if you run up all the way to the corner during one of Alphard’s daggerstorm, you will be able to go OOC and disengage in combat with Alphard but her HP will not reset. Barriers will respawn and all currently alive clones will instantly disappear.

Arah P2 – If you set a mortar turret consumable up outside of the dome facing Brie, she will stare at the turret until it is killed by the mobs, enabling a player to freely attack Brie until the mortar is destroyed.

Arah P2 – If you stand outside of 1200 range at Brie after engaging in combat but without fully running to go OOC, she will stare at you without attacking. This isn’t much of a bug, but it indicates that she evidently needs an increased attack range or needs to be able to move around inside of the dome.

Arah P3 – If you stand at the door right when the path is starting before crusher+hunter (you wait until you’re about to reach the door where the mobs spawn before clicking on the path), you will be able to pass through the door at the same instant the four elite guards are spawned and effectively skip them.

Arah P3 – If Warden Ilyra dies after the cutscene succeeding the Lupicus fight (she often gets killed by the risen spiders) at the chicken cage, she will get bugged when you revive her. You have to revive her for the Passage Waypoint to appear and start the ending cutscene with the ritual + wraithlord fight. The only way to fix the bug and get her to stop standing there is to lure the spiders over and attack them right next to her. She will then start engaging in combat with them and you can proceed to the end.

Arah P4 – Simin, the high priestess of Dwayna, is still capable of bugging by LOSing behind a rock near the east wall resulting in her freezing up like a statue; unresponsive to any attacks, she will not attack anyone or go into hiding allowing players to freely DPS her out provided she gets in this state.

Arah P4 – The bloodstone shard doesn’t reset to full HP even when all players are far out of its range. As long as the player who hosted doesn’t go OOC, it will remain at low hp forever.

Arah (all paths, Lupicus fight) – if Lupicus touches one of the unopened exit doorways, he fully resets… in the middle of the fight.

This isn’t much of a bug, but it needs to be mentioned. The AI of the NPC’s in these dungeons is absolutely pathetic. They drastically need improvement. If this ever crosses the eyes of an employee at ArenaNet, this is an embarrassing representation of what your company can do lol.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

lol @ Purple. Now that’s a list.

Posted by: Tigerlily.3765

Tigerlily.3765

The first part I have never seen but my only guess would be that someone didnt bring Magg into the room he needs to be in to start that first burrow event. If no one actually does this or knows he doesnt go into it automatically, thus the event will not start. Im going to say dont add this to the bug list because I dont think its a bug. Correct me if im wrong

The second part has a variety of bugs: Magg will only glitch completly, as in he gets stuck in a rock and doesnt accept the bombs anymore if you fail the Timed Bomb Collection and the explosion literally can knock Magg out of place. What your talking about does happen to, and though it should be fixed, this at least doesnt break the entrire instance

Lol, not to be rude but I’m not stupid. I’ve run CoF hundreds of times. We brought Mag into the room, he did not trigger the event.

Posted by: Anierna.6918

Anierna.6918

yeah, lol. that is one fabulous list. Lilith, please update your initial post with it. or, even better, just copy it and any arah exploits he missed (although I think he got them all) into the second post of exploits/bugs.

Lilith Ajit.6173

yeah, lol. that is one fabulous list. Lilith, please update your initial post with it. or, even better, just copy it and any arah exploits he missed (although I think he got them all) into the second post of exploits/bugs.

Done, sorry, was slacking. Lol

[ARES]

Posted by: DonCorleoneCS.3549

DonCorleoneCS.3549

The merge party exploit is beyond obnoxious. The same person has repeatedly done this to my teams, as well as to many others, and has yet to be banned. They even pm’d me saying they did it. I supplied images to a support ticket, but nothing happened. Some of these things, along with players who exploit the more serious ones, need to be taken care of sooner rather than later.

(edited by DonCorleoneCS.3549)

dlonie.6547

It’s pathetic and depressing to see all of these unused textures we’re rendering each time the instance is loaded.

Google “occlusion culling” and “backface culling”. #Rendering101 =D

Posted by: Jacob.2746

Jacob.2746

Not sure this is a bug, but it’s pretty annoying anyway.
If you crash while in fractals, when you go back in after relogging you will be dead at the checkpoint with no option to revive. If your party has gone past you and can’t come back, such as in the Molten Alliance fractal, or are fighting a boss which they need to stay at, then you cant get revived until they have completed it or not at all (in the Molten Alliance fractal they can’t get back to revive you so you miss the chest, even if you completed all the content).

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Not sure this is a bug, but it’s pretty annoying anyway.
If you crash while in fractals, when you go back in after relogging you will be dead at the checkpoint with no option to revive. If your party has gone past you and can’t come back, such as in the Molten Alliance fractal, or are fighting a boss which they need to stay at, then you cant get revived until they have completed it or not at all (in the Molten Alliance fractal they can’t get back to revive you so you miss the chest, even if you completed all the content).

Its intended. Your party needs to out of combat so you can res yourself at the next checkpoint (not possible if they are in the trap room of molten).

Posted by: Jacob.2746

Jacob.2746

Its intended. Your party needs to out of combat so you can res yourself at the next checkpoint (not possible if they are in the trap room of molten).

Ah ok, that’s pretty annoying but I can see why they do it. I just have trouble with my computer so the client crashes often which makes doing fractals pretty annoying.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Reporting that TA forward “shortcut” is fixed.

Now we can finally do a legit skip which in a normal group requires just the same time as that ridiculous jumping did.

20 level 80s and counting.