Molten Facility Fractal Temporarily Disabled

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

We have temporarily disabled the Molten Facility Fractal while we work on an issue. This fractal will be available again as soon as possible.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

Thank you for looking into this. Also during the fire tornado trap there is a savespot next the end gate if you could look into that too please

Sarah

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Thank you for looking into this. Also during the fire tornado trap there is a savespot next the end gate if you could look into that too please

Sarah

I believe the current issue was caused by an attempted fix to that (pushed the gate out to prevent the safespot, but in doing so blocked where the final boss spawned >.<)

And thanks Gaile, glad ya’ll could do something so fractal were still playable without ending in a “screw you ANet” moment

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i will miss it while its gone, but i kinda wont cuz of its time gates

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This is great. Thank you guys for taking action to get this issue addressed, Gaile.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

i will miss it while its gone, but i kinda wont cuz of its time gates

Gaile, you would be our new hero if you could get them to remove the time gate while it’s under reconstruction.

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

Great news!

It’s sad that the fractal became bugged, but it’s great that you guys have acted quickly to mitigate the issue caused by the bug, and the best part about this is that you’re actually communicating with us about it.

Here’s to hoping there’s more timely and direct communication in this manner on other issues.

Jerus.4350

Great news!

It’s sad that the fractal became bugged, but it’s great that you guys have acted quickly to mitigate the issue caused by the bug, and the best part about this is that you’re actually communicating with us about it.

Here’s to hoping there’s more timely and direct communication in this manner on other issues.

^^ YES

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

While we at this awesome communication part… would you kindly look into snowblind bug? Elemental Source broken hitbox one.

Posted by: Preyar.6783

Preyar.6783

We have temporarily disabled the Molten Facility Fractal while we work on an issue. This fractal will be available again as soon as possible.

While you’re at it could you fix this too?

Invisible Fire Zones during Molten Duo

Wondrous Achiever \o/

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Sarah

Honestly The Fire and the.. fire (the tornados and big aoe’s) Are all reflect-able/block-able. So with an Ele/mesmer/guard/thief/engi (Any combo of those 2 other than the same 2 classes) can have 100% reflect/block uptime.

So everyone stack and rotates blocks/reflects.

YES THIS! 100% THIS!

SAB or RIOT

Jerus.4350

Sarah

Honestly The Fire and the.. fire (the tornados and big aoe’s) Are all reflect-able/block-able. So with an Ele/mesmer/guard/thief/engi (Any combo of those 2 other than the same 2 classes) can have 100% reflect/block uptime.

And?

So safespots are allowed because you can actively defend yourself anyways… seems like a silly argument to me.

Jerus.4350

Sarah

And?

So safespots are allowed because you can actively defend yourself anyways… seems like a silly argument to me.

if you want to spend 1+ hours on it because you keeping whipping, just simply remove your gear and have fun, understand that not all of us need the hardcore thrills.

I really hope I’m reading this wrong.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Sounds right to me, Jerus. Get naked, and have some hardcore fun thrills while getting whipped.

What’s the problem? :-S

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

Sarah

YES THIS! 100% THIS!

No not every blocks/reflect them. Some prefer to cheese it with the save spot.
Did you know you don’t even need reflects for the tornado trap? you can put the core in the middle between you and the tornado’s and you’ll be also safe.

I agree with the " Invisible Fire Zones during Molten Duo " although I didn’t mention anything else as they seem to be only working on this fractal for now.

Sarah

Posted by: Phoenix.5047

Phoenix.5047

Yeah there’s also an issue where the bosses don’t drop the Jetpack or Mini, might need to look into that, too…

Posted by: Twitch.4635

Twitch.4635

So did you take the fractal out of rotation or do we have to wait until a fix to run fractals of the mists again?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

The fractal has been temporarily taken out of rotation. You may play fractals currently without risk of running into this blocking issue.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

hopefully they forget to put it back in :-) That fractal is definitely my least favorite due to the time gate.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

I was saying it doesnt matter if it fixed or not, there are ways to cheese it. Anet needs to learn to make REAL mechanics and not just stand in one spot ones.

If it fix cool, Will just stand slightly in front of door and press 1 button… If its not fixed.. Will stand at door pressing 1 button because we are bored.

I Like the idea of the room Keeping you in combat,

but what needs to happen is this:

The Adds would stay and all the adds would use those weapons (The weight stomp, fire tornado’s, fire balls) and we had to work as a team to stop the adds, while pressing a switch/blocking them from pressing a switch and killing the middle all at once !

SAB or RIOT

(edited by Faux.1937)

Posted by: Titanimite.2534

Titanimite.2534

hopefully they forget to put it back in :-) That fractal is definitely my least favorite due to the time gate.

Comments like these are part of the reason they do not care about dungeons and fractals and why we will never get anymore of them. I personally enjoy this fractal, speak for yourself. There is a lot of downtime in it though due to things that cannot be sped up like the drill and the weapons test.

dlonie.6547

That fractal is definitely my least favorite

speak for yourself

facepalm

Jerus.4350

Comments like these are part of the reason they do not care about dungeons and fractals and why we will never get anymore of them. I personally enjoy this fractal, speak for yourself. There is a lot of downtime in it though due to things that cannot be sped up like the drill and the weapons test.

Are you sure about that? What would be harmed if the drill moved twice as fast? What would go wrong if there wasn’t a like 15-20s delay between the phases in the main room?

I like the fractal as well. I’d like it more if there were more constant action, instead of “wait, ok jump over shockwaves and then pound on the center console, wait, wait, ok dodge fiery tornadoes, knockback the guardian and beat ont he console again, wait, wait, wait, ok avoid fireballs knocback guardian beat on console, wait, wait, wait, ok avoid everything and finish destroying the console, wait wait wait wait, kill the boss”

Take all the “waits” out and it could be much more fun.

and I get ya now Faux, though I think simplifying it to “press 1” is the same type of hyperbole that plagues these forums. Is it relativey easy once you understand, of course, but you do have to organize a rotation with your team, like I said though, increasing the speeds could be much more entertaining. Could even put some blue fireballs in each wave which are “unblockable” to encourage us to be mobile while we reflect the normal ones.

But, this is all just talk as I doubt they’ll put more effort into fractals other than breaking them in untested attempts to fix bugs

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

But, this is all just talk as I doubt they’ll put more effort into fractals other than breaking them in untested attempts to fix bugs

woah have you forgotten fractal mastery!?!?!?

Itll probably be a grindy fun system where you are forced encouraged to do open world pve events in order to get enough experience on your class to be able to do fractals above 50! comes along with a reset and a reduction on fractal skin drops!

/s eh actually kinda excited for the fractal mastery i hope itll come with some changes and let us get weapons and tonic for reasonable prices and let us do higher levels

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

woah have you forgotten fractal mastery!?!?!?

Itll probably be a grindy fun system where you are forced encouraged to do open world pve events in order to get enough experience on your class to be able to do fractals above 50! comes along with a reset and a reduction on fractal skin drops!

/s eh actually kinda excited for the fractal mastery i hope itll come with some changes and let us get weapons and tonic for reasonable prices and let us do higher levels

Oh lordy, spare me!

dlonie.6547

I wonder if mastery will be tied into, say, a leaderboard of sorts?